Discussion Thread: GolfWRX Radio (leave comments about all podcasts here)

13567

Comments

  • aturskyatursky Members Posts: 700 ✭✭
    TG2 listeners, thanks so much for your continued feedback. We're loving the interaction and ideas.



    Just wanted to let you guys know we also started a new podcast called "Gear Dive." It's hosted by Johnny Wunder (GolfWRX's new Director of Original Content) and will consist of in-depth interviews on golf equipment.



    Check out the first episode with legendary club builder Larry Bobka aka the guy who built Tiger's old Titleist irons. Here's the link: http://www.golfwrx.com/511174/gear-dive-legendary-club-builder-larry-bobka-speaks-on-tigers-old-titleist-irons



    If you have an idea for a guest you'd like to see on either of the podcasts, let us know!



    -Tursky
  • adam.byrneadam.byrne Members Posts: 218 ✭✭
    Listened to this today and was awesome. Loving all the wrx podcasts.
  • ATXHornATXHorn Members Posts: 623 ✭✭
    adam.byrne wrote:


    Listened to this today and was awesome. Loving all the wrx podcasts.




    Agreed!
    Ping G400 Max w/HZDUS Yellow 7X
    Rogue FW w/HZDUS Yellow 8X
    3-5i Ping i500 w/steelfiber 110x
    6i-PW Ping iBlade w/steelfiber 110x
    50SS & 54SS Stealth Glide 2.0 - 60 Glide Forged w/Paderson Wedge Stiff
    Ping PLD3 w/counterbalanced PP60
    Titleist AVX or Chromesoft
  • sandysandy ClubWRX Posts: 4,996
    Well old Larry put to rest the long held BS of Tigers irons being restamped Mizunos or Muira.. After working with some old box blades Titleist had the final production version forged by Endo. Said they would never restamp a Mizuno blade.
  • BlueCollarKidBlueCollarKid Posts: 84 ✭✭
    ATXHorn wrote:

    adam.byrne wrote:


    Listened to this today and was awesome. Loving all the wrx podcasts.




    Agreed!




    Ditto!
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,166 ✭✭
    sandy wrote:


    Well old Larry put to rest the long held BS of Tigers irons being restamped Mizunos or Muira.. After working with some old box blades Titleist had the final production version forged by Endo. Said they would never restamp a Mizuno blade.




    That was a gem in the podcast.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 673 ✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2018 #68
    First off, I would like to say that I just recently started listening to y’all since I saw your article come across my Apple news feed about all the difference golf podcasts that you’re missing out on. I had a little trouble trying to figure out which episodes were TG2 cause when I searched for them they didn’t come up under Apple podcasts. But since that I’ve been hooked! I spend a lot of time in my car driving for my job so I’m either listening to you guys or the Gear dive. I’ve learned so much since I’ve been listening and I now look at how to approach my golf game in a totally different light. I really liked the episode on how to build a bag for under $750 and your insight on how to break 100. I’m a 10 handicap and I even took a lot from that discussion. I also really like the discussions involving tour reps and industry specialists. I’d make this a sticky topic if it isn’t already. That way people could start making suggestions again.



    You guys just keep doing what your doing and I’ll always be listening for sure!



    #GetFit!
    WITB

    TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,091 mod
    mBiden2 wrote:


    First off, I would like to say that I just recently started listening to y’all since I saw your article come across my Apple news feed about all the difference golf podcasts that you’re missing out on. I had a little trouble trying to figure out which episodes were TG2 cause when I searched for them they didn’t come up under Apple podcasts. But since that I’ve been hooked! I spend a lot of time in my car driving for my job so I’m either listening to you guys or the Gear dive. I’ve learned so much since I’ve been listening and I now look at how to approach my golf game in a totally different light. I really liked the episode on how to build a bag for under $750 and your insight on how to break 100. I’m a 10 handicap and I even took a lot from that discussion. I also really like the discussions involving tour reps and industry specialists. I’d make this a sticky topic if it isn’t already. That way people could start making suggestions again.



    You guys just keep doing what your doing and I’ll always be listening for sure!



    #GetFit!




    Thank you for the compliment! We really appreciate you taking the time to listen and will try our best to keep the content flowing!
    Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

    Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

    tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 673 ✭✭
    knudson81 wrote:
    mBiden2 wrote:


    First off, I would like to say that I just recently started listening to y’all since I saw your article come across my Apple news feed about all the difference golf podcasts that you’re missing out on. I had a little trouble trying to figure out which episodes were TG2 cause when I searched for them they didn’t come up under Apple podcasts. But since that I’ve been hooked! I spend a lot of time in my car driving for my job so I’m either listening to you guys or the Gear dive. I’ve learned so much since I’ve been listening and I now look at how to approach my golf game in a totally different light. I really liked the episode on how to build a bag for under $750 and your insight on how to break 100. I’m a 10 handicap and I even took a lot from that discussion. I also really like the discussions involving tour reps and industry specialists. I’d make this a sticky topic if it isn’t already. That way people could start making suggestions again.



    You guys just keep doing what your doing and I’ll always be listening for sure!



    #GetFit!




    Thank you for the compliment! We really appreciate you taking the time to listen and will try our best to keep the content flowing!




    No problem at all. Listening to #TG2 while putting in the amount of windshield time that I do, definitely makes the time fly. If y’all are ever in Atlanta, hit me up and I’d love to get you out on my local track (27 great and fun holes).
    WITB

    TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • jas904jas904 Members Posts: 1,369 ✭✭
    Knudson and Tursky -



    Keep up the good work. I haven’t missed an episode of yours or the Gear Dive and 19th hole. You guys have had on some real heavy hitters in the industry. It is fascinating. Tursky’s lefty journey has been good too. Knudson, if you decide to embrace the DeChambeau challenge and end up hooking up with Mike Schy in my neck of the woods, let me know. I would love to have you guys as a guest at my club. I also enjoyed the latest Cart Barn episode. It’s a little bit of a departure from the usual topics, but entertaining still.
    TaylorMade M4 8.5, HZRDUS Yellow 65
    TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75
    Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ
    Srixon Z765 4-PW, Steelfiber 110
    Titleist SM6 50F Steelfiber 110, SM6 56F KBS 610, SM6 60M KBS 610
    Ping Ketsch Armlock
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 673 ✭✭
    I know this is probably a pretty far fetched suggestion but it would be pretty cool to see if y’all could get Stevie Williams and Bones on at the same time to talk about caddying for Tiger and Phil. I’d love to hear what they have say about their rivalry during the mid to late 2000s and just their overall experience working with them.
    WITB

    TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    I love TG2 and the Gear Dive, but can we get Johnny to dial in the volume levels on his guests. I always have to turn my radio up loud enough to the point that it sounds like Johnny is yelling at me instead of interviewing the guest.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • aturskyatursky Members Posts: 700 ✭✭
    Just wanted to check in with everyone who listens to the podcasts. It's been a fun journey so far, and watching the podcast platform grow has been really exciting. Thank you to everyone who listens, I cannot thank you enough.



    For those who may not know, we now have 5 recurring podcasts. I'll leave the latest episodes for each down below. As always, we appreciate any feedback, good or bad, on any of the shows. And if you have ideas/suggestions/topics, we're all ears. We always want to provide content you actually want to listen to!



    Mondays Off (new podcast with Club pro Steve Westphal. this latest episode he tells some hilarious stories):



    Two Guys Talking Golf (TG2, latest episode with PGA Tour statistician Rich Hunt):



    The Gear Dive (equipment junkie podcast with Johnny Wunder, latest episode with Brandel Chamblee):



    The 19th Hole (with Michael Williams, latest episode with Rich Lerner and John Feinstein):



    Unlocking You Golfing Potential (with coach Will Robins, latest episode on how to commit to every shot):
  • iamtylerdurdeniamtylerdurden Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Enjoy the podcasts a lot.



    Maybe throw in some more forum member guests, been a minute since the last. Talk about local course reviews?





    And Knudson, do you ever blow on grips method from time to time?



    Oh, and dig up why DJ and BK almost went to blows....
  • QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ... Members Posts: 576 ✭✭
    Let me just say -- TG2 is a great podcast, and your pod with Mike Schy was brilliant (and now I am combing the classifieds looking for One Length irons to try).



    I do have a question if Knuds can answer it ... Mike mentions there is a driver (he won't say which one) - where a 100mph swing speed hits like a 110-112 mph SS. Its at the podcast at 1:07:10 (but listen to the whole thing).



    Any chance he clarified which driver he was talking about offline, or what meant by the comment? I would love to know (and try) said driver.
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 MSI 50TX (44.5")
    Ping G400 3W Stretch @ 13.6* w/ Aldila Xtorsion Copper 70TX (43")
    Cobra F7 2-3h @ 17.5* w/ Matrix HQ3 Red Tie S-flex
    Cobra F7 3-4h @ 20.5* w/ VA Composites Raijin 84 hybrid four
    Srixon Z565 5-PW & Z765 AW w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S-flex
    Callaway MD PM-Grind 56* & 60*
    Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 Arm Lock or
    Odyssey Metal X #7 Arm Lock
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 673 ✭✭
    edited Oct 2, 2018 #77
    Great podcasts. If you’re not listening you’re definitely missing out! Y’all do such a great job with your topics and interviews. Steve’s stories from yesterday’s episode had me dying laughing while driving to work this morning.



    I’ll echo a suggestion from above and that is it would be cool to have some more members on. If I’m not mistaken I think Ed was the last one to be on and that was a while ago.



    Keep up the great work!



    #McDouble

    #Mustache

    #lateTursky
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    WITB

    TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,091 mod
    Qwiklap wrote:


    Let me just say -- TG2 is a great podcast, and your pod with Mike Schy was brilliant (and now I am combing the classifieds looking for One Length irons to try).



    I do have a question if Knuds can answer it ... Mike mentions there is a driver (he won't say which one) - where a 100mph swing speed hits like a 110-112 mph SS. Its at the podcast at 1:07:10 (but listen to the whole thing).



    Any chance he clarified which driver he was talking about offline, or what meant by the comment? I would love to know (and try) said driver.




    Mike wouldn't tell us what it is or who makes it, says it is something in the prototype phase right now. I guess we will have to wait and see what it is!
    Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

    Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

    tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ... Members Posts: 576 ✭✭
    knudson81 wrote:


    Mike wouldn't tell us what it is or who makes it, says it is something in the prototype phase right now. I guess we will have to wait and see what it is!




    Thanks Knuds -- let us know if you ever find out. Keep up the great content and let me know how your OL experiment goes.



    I just today got an email from Cobra offering a One Length trial promotion (basically get any set for $28 for a two week trial). Seems almost to good to be true.



    https://www.cobragolf.com/try-one-length
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 MSI 50TX (44.5")
    Ping G400 3W Stretch @ 13.6* w/ Aldila Xtorsion Copper 70TX (43")
    Cobra F7 2-3h @ 17.5* w/ Matrix HQ3 Red Tie S-flex
    Cobra F7 3-4h @ 20.5* w/ VA Composites Raijin 84 hybrid four
    Srixon Z565 5-PW & Z765 AW w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S-flex
    Callaway MD PM-Grind 56* & 60*
    Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 Arm Lock or
    Odyssey Metal X #7 Arm Lock
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Qwiklap wrote:
    knudson81 wrote:


    Mike wouldn't tell us what it is or who makes it, says it is something in the prototype phase right now. I guess we will have to wait and see what it is!




    Thanks Knuds -- let us know if you ever find out. Keep up the great content and let me know how your OL experiment goes.



    I just today got an email from Cobra offering a One Length trial promotion (basically get any set for $28 for a two week trial). Seems almost to good to be true.



    https://www.cobragolf.com/try-one-length




    Wow, that’s really cool. Before setting on my AP2’s I was putting up such good numbers with the one lengths I almost pulled the trigger. I might try this out, now which set to order.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • gators78gators78 ClubWRX Posts: 3,907 ClubWRX
    The Mike Schy podcasts was an all-time great one, I was actually in the car with my buddy who's only casually a golf fan and he even loved it.
    G400 Max
    M2 3W, Hybrid
    i210s
    SM7s
    Sigma 2, Tyne 4
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭
    I listen to a LOT of golf podcasts and tend to choose by content. Tournament recaps are at the bottom.

    The Mike Schy pod was super interesting and entertaining.

    I listened to the one today with West regarding the cheeseburger and AT's jaunt across campus. Fun stuff.



    Mike Williams: You're really good BUT there's to much BS leading up to your interview. Respect.
    Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • aturskyatursky Members Posts: 700 ✭✭
    edited Oct 5, 2018 #83
    We also just started up a new video version of TG2 where we'll be analyzing/reviewing golf clubs. Here are the first two episodes:

    (The videos are also available on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialGolfWRX/videos)



    As always, any feedback good or bad is greatly appreciated. We just want to put out content you guys want. Thanks!
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 673 ✭✭
    atursky wrote:
    We also just started up a new video version of TG2 where we'll be analyzing/reviewing golf clubs. Here are the first two episodes:

    (The videos are also available on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialGolfWRX/videos)



    As always, any feedback good or bad is greatly appreciated. We just want to put out content you guys want. Thanks!




    Sounds great. I’ll have to check these out! I’m really looking forward to the golf outing/event y’all are going to try and put together. I wish I lived closer, but if y’all ever want to try and get something together in Atlanta let me know.
    WITB

    TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭
    Video versions were great! Enjoyed them both, keep em' coming!
    Ping G400 MAX Aldila Rogue Silver-X
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Evnroll ER2 
  • aturskyatursky Members Posts: 700 ✭✭
    Big shoutout to forum member "Warrick" for coming on the podcast to talk what's in his bag, his love for Mizuno irons, shaft testing, what woods he prefers, his custom putters and way more. If you want to listen, check it out here: http://www.golfwrx.com/532080/tg2-golfwrx-forum-member-warrick-explains-his-love-for-mizuno-irons/
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 673 ✭✭
    atursky wrote:
    Big shoutout to forum member "Warrick" for coming on the podcast to talk what's in his bag, his love for Mizuno irons, shaft testing, what woods he prefers, his custom putters and way more. If you want to listen, check it out here: http://www.golfwrx.com/532080/tg2-golfwrx-forum-member-warrick-explains-his-love-for-mizuno-irons/




    I will definitely be listening to this tomorrow morning while driving. I’m looking forward to it big time, since the forum member episodes are some of my favorites!
    WITB

    TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • SJP1SJP1 Members Posts: 522 ✭✭
    edited Oct 17, 2018 #88
    The topics are good, but it'd be nice to hear the pacing increased a bit to make the podcasts a bit less flat to listen to. What's known in radio as being more "up".



    There can be a lot of pregnant pauses and the linking isn't particularly dynamic between the hosts, sometimes just repeating what each other just said. It can sometimes just feel too conversational, like you've tuned in to someone' s phone call rather than a podcast.



    I tend to listen to these shows in chunks and come back to it maybe three or four times per episode, rather than listening to it in one sitting.



    Don't get me wrong - I like the material, the delivery is just a little slow and heavy to get through for my liking.



    Definitely promising, keeping going - and thanks.
    TaylorMade M2 ('16) 9.5*, Rogue Silver 60s
    TaylorMade M3, 15*, AD-DI 7s
    Titleist 818, 19*, AD-DI 85s
    Titleist 716 T-MB, 4-PW, AMT S300
    Vokey SM7 Raw, 50*, S300
    Vokey WedgeWorks K, 54*, S300
    Vokey SM7 Raw, 58K, S300
    Odyssey O-Works 3T

  • S.A. OSOS.A. OSO steady, steady........ Members Posts: 260 ✭✭
    I liked the bit about the Driving Iron vs. Hybrid on one of the recent podcasts. Would be interested to see the "playoff" between these 2 clubs.
    Driver - R15 430; Fuji Speeder Evolution 757 Tour Spec S; 10.5
    3 Wood - AeroBurner TP HL; Matrix White Tie 70x4; 16.5
    Hybrid 1 - Mizuno T-Zoid FLI-HI - 21
    Hybrid 2 - Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrid; 25
    5 iron to PW - Maltby MMB
    Wedge 1 - Maltby Tour Grind MG; 52
    Wedge 2 - Maltby CER; 56
    Wedge 3 - Maltby M-Series; 60
    Putter - Maltby Pure-Track Tour Milled Blade
  • collje26collje26 Members Posts: 523 ✭✭
    Loved the podcast about the WRX members like J13 and Warwick. I’d love to see a podcast with pure745 and his putter collection.
    Ping G400 Max 9 Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Blue 80tx
    Ping G 17.5 Rombax P95x
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 3 DG TI S400
    Callaway Apex MB Raw 4-P PX 6.5
    Callaway MD Forged 54/60 PX 6.5
    Ping 1966 Anser WRX tri-sole
    TP5/TP5X
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 673 ✭✭
    collje26 wrote:
    Loved the podcast about the WRX members like J13 and Warwick. I’d love to see a podcast with pure745 and his putter collection.




    I couldn’t agree more. There’s a bunch of members who have been here a long time that I’ve tested a bunch of gear. I’d love to hear from them!
    WITB

    TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
Sign In or Register to comment.