ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Discussion Thread: GolfWRX Radio (leave comments about all podcasts here)

124»

Comments

• IHFNIHFN Advanced Members Posts: 1,784
    Hey guys, I messaged Tursky awhile ago about the sound stuff, but have been away for a bit and just realized he left. If you need any help, shoot me a message. I used to work in recording studios and did plenty of mixes for radio stuff. There are some tricks to make it right.
    Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
    Exotics EX10 Beta 16.5 Rogue Max 75 x-stiff
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85

TM P760 4-PW Recoil 780 ES SMACWRAP stiff hard stepped once.

TM High Toe 52 Steelfiber 95 Stiff
    TM High Toe 58 Steelfiber 110 Stiff
    TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff

Odyssey EXO Indy S
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Advanced Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭
    Anyone else chuckle out loud every time that Michael Williams says “These guys have the most amazing packages”?
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    Wilson 8802 Milled - SeeMore PTM1 - Bettinardi 2016 BB1F - Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1 - Kirk Currie Trinity
    MacGregor Bobby Grace M5K - Maxfli Tad Moore TM-2 - Zevo Toulon Z Blade 2 - numerous Spalding TP Mills
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Advanced Members Posts: 1,581 ✭✭
    IHFN wrote:
    Hey guys, I messaged Tursky awhile ago about the sound stuff, but have been away for a bit and just realized he left. If you need any help, shoot me a message. I used to work in recording studios and did plenty of mixes for radio stuff. There are some tricks to make it right.

The chosen one has been found.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: He who shall not be named...[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 816H1 21 Degree w/Accra 182H M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Callaway ChromeSoft 2018 (Yellow)[/font]
  • BottleCapBottleCap Advanced Members Posts: 1,201 ✭✭
    Now that Tursky is gone, how about replacing his bath house intro music on TG2?
    Taylormade M3 440 Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S
    Titleist 917F3 15 GD TourAD BB 8S
    Mizuno MP-18 3-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM6 54S and 60K
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • jas904jas904 Advanced Members Posts: 1,369 ✭✭
    dxdgenert wrote:

Anyone else chuckle out loud every time that Michael Williams says “These guys have the most amazing packages”?

I’ve got to be honest. I never miss an episode of TG2, Gear Dive, and Monday’s Off. 19th Hole...not so much.
    TaylorMade M4 8.5, HZRDUS Yellow 65
    TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75
    Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ
    Srixon Z765 4-PW, Steelfiber 110
    Titleist SM6 50F Steelfiber 110, SM6 56F KBS 610, SM6 60M KBS 610
    Ping Ketsch Armlock
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Advanced Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭
    jas904 wrote:

dxdgenert wrote:

I’ve got to be honest. I never miss an episode of TG2, Gear Dive, and Monday’s Off. 19th Hole...not so much.

I listen to all four and they each offer something different (although TG2 and Monday’s Off are very similar).

If I’m being constructively critical, however, The Gear Dive is very hard to finish sometimes. The audio quality is often awful, as discussed ad nauseam. Johnny has recently become much better interviewer but needs to continue focusing on asking a question, then letting the subject answer it. Often, he keeps asking the same question in different phrasing, sometimes even offering the answer. But, like I said, he is getting much, much better and I find him affable.

Clearly, the best interviewer is Williams. He often ventures out of the gear realm but if you give 19th Hole the chance, he does a very fine job... And he can deliver the copy “These guys have the most amazing packages”, without laughing (although we may be hearing take 14?).
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Wilson 8802 Milled - SeeMore PTM1 - Bettinardi 2016 BB1F - Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1 - Kirk Currie Trinity
    MacGregor Bobby Grace M5K - Maxfli Tad Moore TM-2 - Zevo Toulon Z Blade 2 - numerous Spalding TP Mills
  • toctoc Advanced Members Posts: 2,640 ✭✭
    TG2 just isn’t there yet with the new guy, and I think them not being in the same room kills the flow. Really loved Monday’s off but its really suffering without tursky. Gear dive is great but Johnny has to stop interrupting the guest and bringing up his father or wife every show. I wish 19th hole was on its own feed so I wouldn’t even play it on accident, can’t stand it.
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
    toc wrote:

TG2 just isn’t there yet with the new guy, and I think them not being in the same room kills the flow. Really loved Monday’s off but its really suffering without tursky. Gear dive is great but Johnny has to stop interrupting the guest and bringing up his father or wife every show. I wish 19th hole was on its own feed so I wouldn’t even play it on accident, can’t stand it.

I’m curious what you don’t like another 19th hole? Williams? Guests? Topics? I, obviously incorrectly, assumed that everyone viewed that as the most polished podcast.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
  • drew1527drew1527 Advanced Members Posts: 562 ✭✭
    Audio quality would make it easier to listen too, Wrx hosts come across fine but guest are hit and miss. The cobra one was so broken up and jumpy and then others are either quiet or screaming load.
    dxdgenert wrote:

toc wrote:

I’m curious what you don’t like another 19th hole? Williams? Guests? Topics? I, obviously incorrectly, assumed that everyone viewed that as the most polished podcast.

I’ve said this before but I really dislike the way Williams comes across. To me it’s like he spends half the time bragging about where he’s been and what he’s done and everyone is his best friend. I also hate that he has to reset and remind us we are listening to the 19th hole like we just tuned in on drive time radio or something, very annoying on a podcast. No argument that it’s the most polished but it doesn’t fit with what I like about wrx: the forums, the sense of community and advice and shared experiences. The other pods capture that better IMO.

toc wrote:

dxdgenert wrote:

toc wrote:

I’ve said this before but I really dislike the way Williams comes across. To me it’s like he spends half the time bragging about where he’s been and what he’s done and everyone is his best friend. I also hate that he has to reset and remind us we are listening to the 19th hole like we just tuned in on drive time radio or something, very annoying on a podcast. No argument that it’s the most polished but it doesn’t fit with what I like about wrx: the forums, the sense of community and advice and shared experiences. The other pods capture that better IMO.

Fair enough and I agree with your points.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,263 ✭✭
    There’s no chance that Steve who does Mondays off with Knudson could also do TG2?
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
    Holy Moses wrote:

There's no chance that Steve who does Mondays off with Knudson could also do TG2?

I thought they were just going to combine the pods. I prefer TG2, so it's not bad having 2 shows that are similar. Rob's definitely not Tursky, but I will give him time to get comfortable. Not being in the same room obviously does change the dynamic and potential additional daily content.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 816H1 21 Degree w/Accra 182H M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Callaway ChromeSoft 2018 (Yellow)[/font]
  • knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, ClubWRX Media Staffer Posts: 3,071 mod
    BottleCap wrote:

Totally open to suggestions on that. You want to hear some different tune or no music, just jump into the podcast?
    Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • mBiden2mBiden2 Advanced Members Posts: 582 ✭✭
    knudson81 wrote:
    BottleCap wrote:

Totally open to suggestions on that. You want to hear some different tune or no music, just jump into the podcast?

I think it would be weird without any intro music. I would try and find something that fits you and rob. Maybe try one week without any music and then try some different intro music.
    WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
    As someone who has never missed an episode of any of the podcasts (with the now exception of 19th Hole which I will touch on below) I would like to offer my 2 cents. I do fully recognize that 2 cents may be over estimating the worth. Keep in mind, I am a huge GolfWRX radio fan. Please take this as just one man's opinion. If you change nothing I would still be a loyal listener.

TG2 - Love the content and the variety. Good mix of forum thread discussion, OEM guys, etc. Yes it was better with Tursky but I enjoyed his dry sense of humor. As others have mentioned it seems that finding your stride with Rob is more challenging when the two of you are not sitting in the same room. I enjoyed the episodes when forum members called in. Always good to hear other equipment psychos chatting about their bags, testing, etc.

Monday's Off - I was terrified that when Tursky left that this would go away. Thank you Brian for keeping it going. Other than Tursky busting Steve's chops for having a day off nothing has really changed. Having grown up at a golf course I find the golf club culture entertaining with the various personalities. The pain that Steve has to go through while putting a fake smile on his face while Mrs. Havenkamp is describing her string of 3 net bogies on the back nine shot by shot is hilarious. Feel free to dive into more **** member stories, however I do recognize the potential risk for Steve. Always a good reminder for me not to become one.

The Gear Dive - Johnny, you have the best guests. Titans of the golf industry in my opinion. Good on you for getting these guys to come on. PLEASE stop interrupting them. I could go on with examples from just about every episode. Perhaps it's the audio quality issues, which others have pointed out but not necessarily too big of a deal for me. Maybe it makes communication more challenging. I would have loved to hear Jay expand on the shaft is a spring concept but you felt the need to chime in with your interpretation of a what the purpose of a shaft is. No offense but I would rather hear Jay. Please don't take this as hateful because it's not intended to be that way. I get excited every time a new Gear Dive episode gets posted. I am a loyal listener and will continue to be. May the magic stay with you in regards to the quality of your guests.

The 19th Hole - I have to be honest and say I have made the conscious decision not to listen anymore. Michael, I don't know your background but I feel that you try too hard to demonstrate that you are a professional broadcaster and not a **** who jumped in front of a mic and started talking. Personally, I don't mind the ****. Sometimes the cheese oozes in great quantity. One example was the Barbara Nicklaus episode. Don't quote me on specifics here but when the conversation turned to visiting or something of that nature the repeating of the catch phrase of "You had me at hello" or something similar was nauseating. Also, I don't need to be reminded in the middle of the episode of who you are and what I am listening to. Maybe it's the content as I am a club guy and the majority of your episodes cover a variety of golf related topics. I don't state this in a hateful manner. Surely there is someone out there who loves the 19th Hole and I am the weird one. It's not you, it's me.
    Ping Ketsch Armlock
    dxdgenert wrote:

Also, “Tiger has to harvest his nuts.”
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
    The year-end podcast was a nice finish. Looking forward to the possibility of a club building podcast. Steve doesn’t have access to the forums?
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 3,132 ClubWRX
    Any transcripts of these shows? I would prefer that, to be honest.
    Taylormade M1 (2017) 440 9.5* tour w/Speeder 757 Evo ii X<br />Taylormade M1 (2017) 3 wood w/Aldila Tour Blue 75x<br />Mizuno MP18 flihi 3 iron <br />Mizuno MP18 SC 4-pw KBS Tour<br />Taylormade High Toe 52/58 wedges <br />Scotty Cameron 5.5m
    Holy Moses wrote:
    The year-end podcast was a nice finish. Looking forward to the possibility of a club building podcast. Steve doesn&#146;t have access to the forums?

Funny you should say that, Ryan Barath is now a GolfWRX contributor. Worth a follow on Instagram if you don’t already.

Holy Moses wrote:
    The year-end podcast was a nice finish. Looking forward to the possibility of a club building podcast. Steve doesn’t have access to the forums?

Funny you should say that, Ryan Barath is now a GolfWRX contributor. Worth a follow on Instagram if you don’t already.

I follow him. Started following him when I watched his first few WRX videos.
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • huskerpower_105huskerpower_105 Advanced Members Posts: 410
    bogeypro wrote:

I second this. Like a lot of the topics but would prefer to get straight to what I want to hear about.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5* | Aldila 2KXV Blue 60-S
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 70 Stiff
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 18* | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 70 Stiff
    Callaway Apex Hybrid ‘19 20* | Project X Even Flow Blue 85 Stiff
    Callaway Apex ‘19 4-Iron | True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff
    Callaway Apex Pro ‘19 5-9 | True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff
    Callaway MackDaddy 4 Chrome 48*, 54*, 60* | True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff
    Odyssey EXO Stroke Lab Indianapolis | 33.75"
    Callaway ChromeSoft X “MURPH”
    bogeypro wrote:

I second this. Like a lot of the topics but would prefer to get straight to what I want to hear about.

You meant read about.
  • TG2 PodcastTG2 Podcast ClubWRX Media Staffer Posts: 5
    bogeypro wrote:

We hope everyone had a great Holiday and New Year! Again, thank you for all the comments and suggestions, we for sure read them all and talk about how we can improve!

We know this has been asked for since we started these podcasts, but I wouldn't hold your breath for them. Podcast were created as additional audio content and we think they are best consumed that way. Also, the amount of time and effort that goes into transcribing and hour+ long podcast is hard to justify currently.

bogeypro wrote:

We hope everyone had a great Holiday and New Year! Again, thank you for all the comments and suggestions, we for sure read them all and talk about how we can improve!

We know this has been asked for since we started these podcasts, but I wouldn't hold your breath for them. Podcast were created as additional audio content and we think they are best consumed that way. Also, the amount of time and effort that goes into transcribing and hour+ long podcast is hard to justify currently.

Start a fund. I’ll do all of them.
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
    jas904 wrote:

The Gear Dive - Johnny, you have the best guests. Titans of the golf industry in my opinion. Good on you for getting these guys to come on. PLEASE stop interrupting them. I could go on with examples from just about every episode. Perhaps it's the audio quality issues, which others have pointed out but not necessarily too big of a deal for me. Maybe it makes communication more challenging. I would have loved to hear Jay expand on the shaft is a spring concept but you felt the need to chime in with your interpretation of a what the purpose of a shaft is. No offense but I would rather hear Jay. Please don't take this as hateful because it's not intended to be that way. I get excited every time a new Gear Dive episode gets posted. I am a loyal listener and will continue to be. May the magic stay with you in regards to the quality of your guests.

He mentioned on the last episode that there will be some changes in the new year. Hopefully those changes include him talking way way way way less. On the last episode he had some guy I'd never heard of but sounded like he had an interesting story about his business but Johnny went on and on about his father and learning to become a man on the golf course or something. Sure, great message and all but people are tuning in to hear insight from golf equipment insiders, not Johnny's golf in the kingdom diatribes.

jas904 wrote:

As someone who has never missed an episode of any of the podcasts (with the now exception of 19th Hole which I will touch on below) I would like to offer my 2 cents. I do fully recognize that 2 cents may be over estimating the worth. Keep in mind, I am a huge GolfWRX radio fan. Please take this as just one man's opinion. If you change nothing I would still be a loyal listener.

TG2 - Love the content and the variety. Good mix of forum thread discussion, OEM guys, etc. Yes it was better with Tursky but I enjoyed his dry sense of humor. As others have mentioned it seems that finding your stride with Rob is more challenging when the two of you are not sitting in the same room. I enjoyed the episodes when forum members called in. Always good to hear other equipment psychos chatting about their bags, testing, etc.

We love talking to the members as well, it is a great insight to who they are and how they got there. Let us know who you would want to have on the show and we can work on twisting their arms!

jas904 wrote:

We love talking to the members as well, it is a great insight to who they are and how they got there. Let us know who you would want to have on the show and we can work on twisting their arms!

Tai and DavePelz4
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
    Forged4Ever
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    All three mentioned so far would be great. I am especially a fan of DP4 postings.
    Ping Ketsch Armlock
    MtlJeff
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Johnny Wunder has now stooped to Chris Solomon's level of brown nosing with his latest podcast.

The guy gets more unlikable weekly.
    Vokey SM6 54S and 60K
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • gentlesgentles Advanced Members Posts: 1,814 ✭✭
    I loved the first few episodes of the gear dive with the Artisan Guys, Jeff Sheets, CH3 etc, especially hearing stories about preferences or quirks that different players have. I loved hearing how Ryan Moore stockpiles his XP shafts.

Seems like the last few are just promo pieces...I had to switch the latest one with Rickie off after 5 minutes because it was just the same question over and over again. Of course there were no challenges or issues with switching the ball, of course it is better in every way the guy just got paid 7 figures to switch!

I'll still always listen because i'm a gear head, but i'm not quite as excited to see new episodes as I was at the start. Just my $0.02
    Taylormade M2 2016 10.5* | Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Callaway X-Hot 3deep 14.5* | Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Callaway Apex 20* | Aldila Tour Blue 85x

TP UDI 2i & 4i | DG 105 X100

P770 5-P | DG AMT X100

Nike Engage 52*/58* | S400
    Ping Milled Anser 5
    gentles wrote:

I loved the first few episodes of the gear dive with the Artisan Guys, Jeff Sheets, CH3 etc, especially hearing stories about preferences or quirks that different players have. I loved hearing how Ryan Moore stockpiles his XP shafts.

Seems like the last few are just promo pieces...I had to switch the latest one with Rickie off after 5 minutes because it was just the same question over and over again. Of course there were no challenges or issues with switching the ball, of course it is better in every way the guy just got paid 7 figures to switch!

I'll still always listen because i'm a gear head, but i'm not quite as excited to see new episodes as I was at the start. Just my $0.02

Now that Ryan is officially with WRX, why not add him to the Gear Dive Podcast to help flesh out more content. We don't need the Gear Dive to turn into the 19th Hole.
    Johnny Wunder continues to lower the bar.

I don't think you could have had a more inarticulate guest than Bill Price. With his 3rd grade vocabulary Bill tried to push how "premium" his putter is.

If anyone played a drinking game off of "premium" theyd be dead from alcohol poisoning before the end of the podcast.
    Vokey SM6 54S and 60K
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Johnny Wunder..what was the point of the PXG and Ho Sung Choi on a gear podcast?

The PXG guy just washed his hands of their products by saying he just started.
    Vokey SM6 54S and 60K
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    How about starting a Geoff Shackelford podcast about golf courses?
    Vokey SM6 54S and 60K
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • flogpro2252flogpro2252 Advanced Members Posts: 324 ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of the pods, but I sure wish Johnny would let his guests talk more. His long winded rambling "questions" just take up space. I don't tune in to listen to hear his voice, I listen to hear his guests. The one with Joel Kribel was particularly bad, I was really excited to hear his story and how he got to PXG and after 20 minutes of listening to Johnny try to get out a question, I turned it off. I understand that none of these guys are professional interviewers but abiding by the "less is more" approach might make things a little easier to listen to...
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Advanced Members Posts: 1,460
    What happened to the 19th hole?

Maybe I was the only one that liked it?
    Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 HOOK 'EM ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 4,570 ClubWRX
    Bob Cat wrote:

I'm showing a couple of them from last week - might have just taken the week off.

That one has always seemed a bit strange to me. It is almost like they are recording an on-air radio show and posting it as a podcast. There are rock music lead-in/lead-outs to a non-existent commercial break. And some "when we get back, we'll have _____ with _____ golf company." But what are you getting back from? The 5 second music break? It has just always seemed a little too overly produced for me.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade Tour Issue M1 440 8.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100[/font] | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    NIKE Custom Copper Insert B2-05 | SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
    cvhookem63 wrote:

Bob Cat wrote:

I'm showing a couple of them from last week - might have just taken the week off.

That one has always seemed a bit strange to me. It is almost like they are recording an on-air radio show and posting it as a podcast. There are rock music lead-in/lead-outs to a non-existent commercial break. And some "when we get back, we'll have _____ with _____ golf company." But what are you getting back from? The 5 second music break? It has just always seemed a little too overly produced for me.

I used to think the same, but after listening to Johnny Wunder, I really appreciate Michael William's professionalism.

Johnny should spend some time with Michael learning how it's done.
    Vokey SM6 54S and 60K
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

I'm a big fan of the pods, but I sure wish Johnny would let his guests talk more. His long winded rambling "questions" just take up space. I don't tune in to listen to hear his voice, I listen to hear his guests. The one with Joel Kribel was particularly bad, I was really excited to hear his story and how he got to PXG and after 20 minutes of listening to Johnny try to get out a question, I turned it off. I understand that none of these guys are professional interviewers but abiding by the "less is more" approach might make things a little easier to listen to...

Joel Kribel was the one that killed the episode. Johnny started his line of questions about the PXG equipment, and Joel replied saying he had nothing to do with any of the old stuff. Johnny had no where to go after that.

Maybe Johnny asked the wrong question
    Vokey SM6 54S and 60K
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • Timbo929Timbo929 Advanced Members Posts: 331 ✭✭
    The new on spec podcast is pretty fun. Anyone know how to reach out and ask a question?
  • Timbo929Timbo929 Advanced Members Posts: 331 ✭✭
    GolfWRX podcasts are my favorite golf podcast by far during my commute. I rate them as below(1 being the best):

1) Monday's off - super real and funny, solid team.

2) on spec- really interesting, wish they had a way to ask questions, solid dude.

3) TG2 - it's good.

4) gear dive- depends on guest to be on 4 or 5 spot

5) 19th hole - depends on guest to be on 4 or 5 spot

how do you rate the podcasts?

and what are you feelings about them?

curious to hear the members thoughts..

thank you.
    Here's my list

1a. TG2 - I miss Tursky, but this is my favorite, it's like regular guys talking golf.

1b. Mondays Off - I like Knudsen better than the original host, too much wasted time with Tursky, I really enjoy hearing about what happens behind the scenes and the thought that goes into things at golf facilities.

3. 19th hole - best radio quality podcast out there

4. Gear Dive - I think Ian Fraser should be added as a co-host

Still getting a feel for On Spec, i really like Ryan's YouTube stuff.

I wish a Geoff Shackelford podcast can be added since he's no longer on a podcast

I'm really grateful for the GolfWRX podcasts due to all the bad podcasts out there (Fairway Rollin, No Laying Up, Shane Bacon, GolfDigest)

Other good podcasts out there are Fried Egg, Shotgun Start, Erik Anders Lang, Golf.com
    Vokey SM6 54S and 60K
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    BottleCap wrote:

Here's my list

1a. TG2 - I miss Tursky, but this is my favorite, it's like regular guys talking golf.

1b. Mondays Off - I like Knudsen better than the original host, too much wasted time with Tursky, I really enjoy hearing about what happens behind the scenes and the thought that goes into things at golf facilities.

3. 19th hole - best radio quality podcast out there

4. Gear Dive - I think Ian Fraser should be added as a co-host

Still getting a feel for On Spec, i really like Ryan's YouTube stuff.

I wish a Geoff Shackelford podcast can be added since he's no longer on a podcast

I'm really grateful for the GolfWRX podcasts due to all the bad podcasts out there (Fairway Rollin, No Laying Up, Shane Bacon, GolfDigest)

Other good podcasts out there are Fried Egg, Shotgun Start, Erik Anders Lang, Golf.com

Geoff is on “State of the Game”
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping Vault Arna
    There has to be someone else who can host Gear Dive. Johnny spends more time explaining his own history or tell players or club makers about their own business than the guests do answering the “questions.” It’s by far the most interesting premise for a podcast relating to this forum it just has to have a better host.

As usual we really appreciate the feedback and anyone who takes the time to listen! Keep the ideas and constructive criticism coming!

• Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Advanced Members Posts: 1,460
    I listen to a lot of golf but if it's a "recap" of anything, I'm out.

The best convos are usually with caddies. Great insight.

New equipment tech is usually interesting as well.
    Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist AVX
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
    toc wrote:

There has to be someone else who can host Gear Dive. Johnny spends more time explaining his own history or tell players or club makers about their own business than the guests do answering the "questions." It's by far the most interesting premise for a podcast relating to this forum it just has to have a better host.

Again, add Ryan to the Gear Dive as well. Hopefully have 2 hosts versus 1 limits the amount that Wunder can walk over the guest.
124»