I currently use? That is a great price if the ball is similar. Thanks

in advance
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,218 ✭✭
    edited Dec 2, 2018 #93
    Jason m wrote:

Will these d2 feel yellow be similar to the q star yellow

I currently use? That is a great price if the ball is similar. Thanks

in advance

They are similar. Slight edge to the Q star tour for green side grab? At the moment, D2 Feel is worth a shot. At 8 bucks a dozen, perhaps the best valued ball out there.
  • Dustin_JDustin_J St. Louis, MOMembers Posts: 154 ✭✭
    Played these for the first time today after picking up 3 15-packs of the Yellow for $8 each. Seem like a great cold weather ball - soft but not marshmallowy, and had a decent amount of spin on full irons and pitches. Felt really nice off of the irons, but a little soft off the putter for me - but most of the lower compression balls are the same way. I've been playing Wilson Duos in the cold and I think I like these better.
    Dustin_J wrote:

Played these for the first time today after picking up 3 15-packs of the Yellow for $8 each. Seem like a great cold weather ball - soft but not marshmallowy, and had a decent amount of spin on full irons and pitches. Felt really nice off of the irons, but a little soft off the putter for me - but most of the lower compression balls are the same way. I've been playing Wilson Duos in the cold and I think I like these better.

You will like them. But, in the summer, they do not hold the greens.
    Tanner25 wrote:

Dustin_J wrote:

You will like them. But, in the summer, they do not hold the greens.

That's what I figured, but no worries. They'll be good cold/wet weather balls I think. I have plenty of Z-stars to get me through the warmer/firmer conditions :-)
  • BogeyParBogeyBogeyParBogey Trying to get better... northern ILMembers Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Awesome, great practice balls for $7.98 per 15!

DT
    edited Dec 27, 2018 #98
    Shot a 75 today in 50 degree/10-15mph wind weather with the D2+ Feel - best round of the year. Really liking this ball in soft conditions, it's a steal when on sale for $8 per 15.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Dustin_J wrote:

Shot a 75 today in 50 degree/10-15mph wind weather with the D2+ Feel - best round of the year. Really liking this ball in soft conditions, it's a steal when on sale for $8 per 15.

D2+ Feel and Black Friday is a great combo.
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 736 ✭✭
    I stocked up when these were $7-8 for a 15-pack at GG and Dick's planning to lose a lot of them to winter conditions. But now that I have a stack on the shelf, I can't seem to lose them. Three times now I've lost balls in the leaves and found them the next time I played as the leaves shifted.
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 995 ✭✭

I stocked up when these were $7-8 for a 15-pack at GG and Dick's planning to lose a lot of them to winter conditions. But now that I have a stack on the shelf, I can't seem to lose them. Three times now I've lost balls in the leaves and found them the next time I played as the leaves shifted.

Seriously. I keep buying balls on sale, and can't seem to play or lose enough to get rid of them.

I keep giving myself a moratorium on buying more, but it doesn't work. No self control when I see discounted z stars or the black Friday deal..
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,277 ✭✭
    Every new year I resolve not to buy any more golf balls until I "need" them.

I just ordered 4 dozen Zstars.

I guess 2020 is going to be my year!
  • Jason mJason m Members Posts: 217 ✭✭

Where did you find a deal on z stars? I just bought 3 for 25$ d2 feel

In yellow last mo
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 995 ✭✭
    Jason m wrote:

Where did you find a deal on z stars? I just bought 3 for 25$ d2 feel

In yellow last mo

For some reason an Edwin Watts near me had a few boxes of last model z stars for $20. I had to wonder for a second if it was another $20 closeout deal, or if there would be something happening with the newer model. Not the right time of year, but I can't pass up z stars in yellow for $20!
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • Jason mJason m Members Posts: 217 ✭✭
    For sure! Nice deal. Dicks has d2 feel on sale again

for 25$ for 3 15 packs
    edited Jan 10, 2019 9:25pm #106
    edited Apr 4, 2019 12:01pm #107

D2's and Maxfli Softfli's - mostly 3 for $30.
    https://www.golfgalaxy.com/f/golf-flash-14

• bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers Posts: 3,282 ✭✭

For my game, I can't beat the value. I'm gonna stock up for the season and make these my gamers.