Skytrack

darter79darter79 Members Posts: 686 ✭✭
Has anyone on here used or or own one, looking for feedback for a portal/in home launch moniotor. I don't expect it to be trackman but like to be able to trust the numbers it spits out. Thanks.

Comments

  • golfer55082golfer55082 Members Posts: 284 ✭✭
    I have one at home. For us it’s better than Trackman because it can be used in doors. Trackman is mainly designed for outdoor use since it tracks the actual ball flight. I highly recommend.
  • darter79darter79 Members Posts: 686 ✭✭


    I have one at home. For us it’s better than Trackman because it can be used in doors. Trackman is mainly designed for outdoor use since it tracks the actual ball flight. I highly recommend.




    How accurate do you find in it in comparision to 'real golf'. Thats always been my issue from what I've seen in my experence and my daugheters inclucding trackman. What we get on the course is never the same as what you get with monitors. I know a lot has to do with junk range balls that are always used.
  • golfer55082golfer55082 Members Posts: 284 ✭✭
    darter79 wrote:


    I have one at home. For us it’s better than Trackman because it can be used in doors. Trackman is mainly designed for outdoor use since it tracks the actual ball flight. I highly recommend.




    How accurate do you find in it in comparision to 'real golf'. Thats always been my issue from what I've seen in my experence and my daugheters inclucding trackman. What we get on the course is never the same as what you get with monitors. I know a lot has to do with junk range balls that are always used.
    From my experience it is very accurate in measuring and calculating the distance. We use new premium golf ball and change about every 1000 hits. What helps us most is the ability to display the side spin and face angle numbers - you can easily tell the ball flight and offline numbers. This is Much more important than the distance measurement.
  • kcapkcap Members Posts: 154 ✭✭
    We got one last year. Really like the accuracy, ease of use and it is a good price point. I have set it up with a indoor net, which my son uses over the winter. We tend to focus more on measurements like carry, smash factor (not calculated but you can do the math), launch angle, spin rates.



    It works great for the winter months and allow him to at least swing a club and have some fun. We did buy the E6 golf game along with the Skytrack package, it is not required but it fun to play a few rounds along with the practice.



    There is a ton of information on other golf simulator forums if you need advice on setup and launch monitor advice. I would encourage you to read those prior to making the purchase.



    I
  • GolfrnutGolfrnut Members Posts: 7,109 ✭✭
    kcap wrote:


    We got one last year. Really like the accuracy, ease of use and it is a good price point. I have set it up with a indoor net, which my son uses over the winter. We tend to focus more on measurements like carry, smash factor (not calculated but you can do the math), launch angle, spin rates.



    It works great for the winter months and allow him to at least swing a club and have some fun. We did buy the E6 golf game along with the Skytrack package, it is not required but it fun to play a few rounds along with the practice.



    There is a ton of information on other golf simulator forums if you need advice on setup and launch monitor advice. I would encourage you to read those prior to making the purchase.



    I






    FWIW, club head speed is not measured with a SkyTrak, so smash factor will be inaccurate. The club head speed is just a random calculated number derived from ball speed.
    TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI (Testing a new one that's on probation)
    Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB or Stage 2 3W w/ 73 BB
    Stage 2 3H w/ i80 Steelfiber
    Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
    Callaway X Prototype MBs 4-PW w/ Steelfiber AMI 99s
    Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind (both X100 8 iron SS)
    Odyssey MXM 1W
  • BarronDDSBarronDDS Members Posts: 901 ✭✭
    I think ball speed is more important anyway. Skytrak is very accurate in my opinion.
  • leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 972 ✭✭
    ****'s has the skytrak on sale now for $1,695 and you can try and use the $50 off $200 purchase for additional savings.



    ****'S

    There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    Add the RMotion sensors for $250 if you want to get club head speed and face angle in addition to the ball data.
    Current Bag:

    G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • GolfrnutGolfrnut Members Posts: 7,109 ✭✭
    Belmont148 wrote:


    Add the RMotion sensors for $250 if you want to get club head speed and face angle in addition to the ball data.




    Don't think there is any way I am trusting data from a clip on attachment that is nowhere near the golf ball or the club head. There's way too much "guesstimation" with those devices.
    TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI (Testing a new one that's on probation)
    Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB or Stage 2 3W w/ 73 BB
    Stage 2 3H w/ i80 Steelfiber
    Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
    Callaway X Prototype MBs 4-PW w/ Steelfiber AMI 99s
    Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind (both X100 8 iron SS)
    Odyssey MXM 1W
  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    edited Dec 12, 2017 #12
    Golfrnut wrote:

    Belmont148 wrote:


    Add the RMotion sensors for $250 if you want to get club head speed and face angle in addition to the ball data.




    Don't think there is any way I am trusting data from a clip on attachment that is nowhere near the golf ball or the club head. There's way too much "guesstimation" with those devices.




    Ok, I guess flightscope and trackman must be really low on your list then for club head speed since they aren’t even anywhere near the swing at all.
    Current Bag:

    G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • YoungJediYoungJedi Members Posts: 1,249 ✭✭
    edited Dec 12, 2017 #13
    Fun to play on and just get some swings on. But I wouldn’t trust (rely) on the numbers if your working on your swing.



    I’ve tested them side by side to Trackman and it’s scary. (Not in a good way). I’ll leave it at that.
    Taylormade m3 8.5° w/ Accra Tour z RPG 462 SST pure
    Taylormade m4 15° w/ Accra Tour z RPG 472 SST pure
    PXG 0311X gen2 DARKNESS 2 iron w/ Tensei pro 70g hybrid
    PXG 0311x gen1 DARKNESS 4 iron w/ kbs $taper
    Mizuno Jpx 919 forged 5-gw with project x 6.0 SST pure
    Vokey limited Slate Blue sm7 54F/58D w/ DG tour issue s400 SST pure
    Taylormade Spider X Navy
    Mackenzie Walker bag
  • GolfrnutGolfrnut Members Posts: 7,109 ✭✭
    Belmont148 wrote:

    Golfrnut wrote:

    Belmont148 wrote:


    Add the RMotion sensors for $250 if you want to get club head speed and face angle in addition to the ball data.




    Don't think there is any way I am trusting data from a clip on attachment that is nowhere near the golf ball or the club head. There's way too much "guesstimation" with those devices.




    Ok, I guess flightscope and trackman must be really low on your list then for club head speed since they aren’t even anywhere near the swing at all.




    There’s a hige difference between those two. The two doppler units you mention have a track record of being reliable. The “clip” on shaft device does not...
    TM Supertri V2 w/ AD DI (Testing a new one that's on probation)
    Callaway 3Deep w/ 73 BB or Stage 2 3W w/ 73 BB
    Stage 2 3H w/ i80 Steelfiber
    Callaway Apex UT 21* w/ i80 Steelfiber
    Callaway X Prototype MBs 4-PW w/ Steelfiber AMI 99s
    Callaway MD3 52* & 58* PM grind (both X100 8 iron SS)
    Odyssey MXM 1W
  • Belmont148Belmont148 Members Posts: 1,487 ✭✭
    Golfrnut wrote:

    Belmont148 wrote:

    Golfrnut wrote:

    Belmont148 wrote:


    Add the RMotion sensors for $250 if you want to get club head speed and face angle in addition to the ball data.




    Don't think there is any way I am trusting data from a clip on attachment that is nowhere near the golf ball or the club head. There's way too much "guesstimation" with those devices.




    Ok, I guess flightscope and trackman must be really low on your list then for club head speed since they aren't even anywhere near the swing at all.




    There's a hige difference between those two. The two doppler units you mention have a track record of being reliable. The "clip" on shaft device does not...




    It's just physics. And they use trackman data and algorithms to come up with the final speed. Put a fade swing on the Rmotion and it fades, draw it and it draws. Still better than a calculated speed with just Skytrak. Just pointing out an option for us mere mortals that can't afford a $10k+ unit.
    Current Bag:

    G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
    F8+ 4W- HZRDUS Black 75 Stiff
    Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
    Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
    Glide Stealth 54SS and 58ES Project X LZ 5.5
    Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • TupelophotoTupelophoto Members Posts: 1
    Sky Trak is VERY accurate, bought one a year ago and have attended 3 demo days with a trackman and it was dead on. My son and I use it almost daily in the winter months and rainy days
Sign In or Register to comment.