GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Best Rain gear

Comments

• dixonterp10dixonterp10 Members  120WRX Points: 54Posts: 120 Fairways

On -, @Minarets said:

Is it reasonably priced? Always thought it was expensive.

Yeah, everything is half off right now $80-$160 for a jacket.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • C_radC_rad QuebecMembers  2772WRX Points: 133Handicap: 7Posts: 2,772 Titanium Tees

On -, @dixonterp10 said:

On -, @Minarets said:

I was going to order one but i am sure the return cost is expensive. Are they made smaller than others like footjoy? I need something slim fit... ish.

Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • dixonterp10dixonterp10 Members  120WRX Points: 54Posts: 120 Fairways

On -, @C-rad said:

On -, @dixonterp10 said:

On -, @Minarets said:

I was going to order one but i am sure the return cost is expensive. Are they made smaller than others like footjoy? I need something slim fit... ish.

I am not sure. Never worn before, I was looking for feedback too.

Posted:
  • soonernicksoonernick Members  68WRX Points: 63Handicap: 2.6Posts: 68 Bunkers

I bought one of the 20k Cross Sportswear jackets for a Scotland trip this summer and an upcoming Bandon trip. I'll try and give you all more of a rundown tomorrow (gotta put kid to bed and do work stuff), because the lack of info from American buyers of Cross products was a big hesitation for me and I'd like to be as helpful as many on here have been for me... anyway, some quick hits until I can be more specific:
    1. Very happy with purchase.
    2. Have about 20 holes of play in the rain with it on. No heavy 30 mph wind downpours, but had a full 9 holes of steady rain at Crail and had no issues.
    3. Definitely a European cut, but not too tight... like more forming than American jackets but not like wearing skinny jeans. I wear a Medium Nike polo, probably need a Smedium Peter Millar (have a few mediums and they're a bit puffy), Small in Footjoy polo and Medium Travis Mathew polo probably my cleanest fit, wear a Medium underarmour/nike pullover. 5'9, 170, pretty decent shape, 41 year old slight beer gut. I bought the Medium from Cross and it fits well.
    4. Breathes better than I am used to with past rain gear (foot joy, under armor).
    I also bought the KJUS 2.5 (I think, the one that packs up as small as sleeve of balls) based on comments in this thread... bought on sale and that thing is a home run purchase. I'll try and give a review on that tomorrow too.
    Hope the helps for now!

Posted:
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4561WRX Points: 324Posts: 4,561 Titanium Tees

Is that the Kjus Dexter you are referring to?

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X
  • soonernicksoonernick Members  68WRX Points: 63Handicap: 2.6Posts: 68 Bunkers

I think that's correct, Dexter sounds right. It's been a few months ago that I was doing all of that research so it's not on the top of my head anymore, but I'm pretty sure Dexter is correct.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • StetsonStetson Members  2704WRX Points: 175Posts: 2,704 Titanium Tees

Has anyone tried Galway Bay unlined pants when it is over 75 degrees out? Is it a portable sauna or decent breathability?

Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 (Changes Daily)
    5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
    3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Tour AD IZ)
    or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4561WRX Points: 324Posts: 4,561 Titanium Tees

I see there is a new line for Galway Bay but it’s not on the website yet.

Posted:

Wore my Kjus today thru about as tough a test I could throw at it. Played Balleybunion in Ireland today in 35mph and steady rain all day. Bone dry and only started to wet out after about 2hrs in to the round. Rained hard at times, but steady all day. I have the Pro3L

Posted:
  • Puma74Puma74 Members  135WRX Points: 51Posts: 135 Fairways

Goretex +1

Posted:
  • tiger-vs-metiger-vs-me Members  92WRX Points: 74Posts: 92 Fairways

Galvin Green, never had a better rain gear

Posted:

Advertisement

At Old Head, they sell Kjus and Galvin Green and the pro told me they won’t be selling GG next year. He said more people want KJUS and that GG is too hard to deal with. Not that that should affect anyone’s decision. Just thought that was interesting

Posted:
  • gatorgolfer86gatorgolfer86 Members  86WRX Points: 58Posts: 86 Fairways

The guys at **** just did a softgood review that might be worth checking out.

Posted:
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members  865WRX Points: 264Posts: 865 Golden Tee

Proquip PX6 Stormforce trousers arrived. Fit is excellent, very comfortable and stretchy. Not sure how they’re going to work out in the field, though. The cuff zippers are generous but the lining is loose and very grippy; couldn’t get them over running shoes in my living room. Over golf shoes on the course in the rain may be a challenge. Also, there are no pockets, only slits with pass-through zippers. Which is too bad, as I could see wearing these as trousers on a rainy day rather than as emergency overpants.

Posted:
  • goheels11goheels11 ClubWRX  606WRX Points: 238Handicap: 2Posts: 606 ClubWRX

Live in the south (Birmingham), so warmth is normally not an issue. I have a pair of unlined ultra thin rain pants that are barely hanging on. Any recommendations for the absolute thinnest rain gear that still performs? Thanks!

Posted:
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2862WRX Points: 1,013Posts: 2,862 Titanium Tees

On -, @gatorgolfer86 said:

Galway and cross got good feedback

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @GoGoErky said:

Thanks for doing the leg work here. Not sure why that gets blanked out.

Posted:
  • C_radC_rad QuebecMembers  2772WRX Points: 133Handicap: 7Posts: 2,772 Titanium Tees

Waiting on the delivery of the footjoy hydroknit

Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2862WRX Points: 1,013Posts: 2,862 Titanium Tees

On -, @GoGoErky said:

Thanks for doing the leg work here. Not sure why that gets blanked out.

Me either. According to commentary on their no putts given podcast both of these are multipurpose. They have e considering some new gear

Posted:

Yea. My problem is I play in Florida so it is hot when it rains and by the time you break out the gear, it stops

Posted:
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members  1529WRX Points: 565Handicap: 12Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees

On -, @Minarets said:

What do you guys do for a hat in the rain? Wear a waterproof? Or wear your regular hat and just get wet?

If you wear a waterproof, what do you wear?

I’ve got a UA Bucket hat and have just ordered a waterproof baseball cap from Kjus as they’re on sale. Should arrive Thursday. The bucket hat isn’t great in the wind.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Hybrids: Titleist TS3 17* Stiff HZRDUS Smoke & TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 50F, 54D & 58M, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).

Advertisement

How about a good slim fit rain pants?

Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

On -, @DBLEAGLE said:

I’ve always been a fan of footjoy rain paints but they are definitely not slim fit

On -, @DBLEAGLE said:

I’ve always been a fan of footjoy rain paints but they are definitely not slim fit

Also not waterproof

Posted:
  • PingKingPingKing Members  93WRX Points: 69Posts: 93 Fairways

On -, @C-rad said:

How about a good slim fit rain pants?

Check out Cross Sportswear M Edge Chinos. They are on sale 50% off. Haven't tested the waterproofness but they are slim and stretchy.

Posted:
  • titleistektitleistek Members  91WRX Points: 41Handicap: 9Posts: 91 Fairways

I would check out Calvin green. Sizes are a little smaller because I think they’re design for a “European” fit. Possibly find a local shop and try some on first.

Posted:
  • kmck15kmck15 Members  58WRX Points: 48Posts: 58 Bunkers

I am fortunate enough to have a pretty good connect with Nike. I have just about all of the rain gear and highly recommend the higher end gear they sell. The Hyperadapt is as good as it gets in light rain and certain other pieces deal well with heavier rain

Posted:

Titleist 917 d2 10.5- Evenflow T1100 65x
    Titleist 917 f3 14.25
    - AD-DI 7x
    TM TP UDI 20*- Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5 100
    Srixon 565 (4-pw)- DG x100
    Cleveland RTX 4.0 (51 Mid,56 Mid,60 Low)- DG TI s400
    2019 Phantom X 5.5/ 2017 Newport 2.5/ Nike Method Origin B2-01

Advertisement
  • desailledesaille Members  1761WRX Points: 174Posts: 1,761 Platinum Tees

Just got back from Scotland. First three days were wet and windy. Had Galvin paclite pants and Kjus Pro 3L pants/jacket and they both worked incredible.
    First day was GG pants (shorts) and Kjus jacket (baselayer/polo) in 40-60mph winds and rain. Dry and warm as can be. GG pants have always worked well, the Kjus jacket worked even better. Zipping all the way up kept water from coming down the back of neck. The only issue with the excessive wind were the GG paclites, they're wider so they were flapping.
    The next two days went with the Kjus pants/jacket, even better. The pants are much slimmer so no flapping in the wind. Just as warm and dry.
    The biggest advantage with the Kjus, just doesn't feel like you have rain gear on, everything just stretches and is light.

Posted:
  • Bill BroderickBill Broderick Members  498WRX Points: 206Posts: 498 Greens

ProQuip USA currently has a 25% off promo code of FALL25. I don't know how long this is valid for. I received an email from them that doesn't have an expiration date, but says "Enter FALL25 to get 25% off your order today!" I don't know if that means the the code is only valid for today or not.

Posted:
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX  2042WRX Points: 245Posts: 2,042 ClubWRX

On -, @Stetson said:

On -, @DBLEAGLE said:

On -, @DBLEAGLE said:

Also not waterproof

This outdated misconception again...

Any FootJoy rain pant in the current Hydolite or DryJoys Select line is 100% waterproof, as it all uses a waterproof membrane, similar to that of GoreTex , Kjus, etc. FootJoy raingear has been just as waterproof as any other for many years now. I'd say I use raingear as much or more than anyone on this forum, and in the past 6-8 years (at least), I've never had any FJ raingear not stop even the most heavy rainfalls or wet conditions. It's not my favorite raingear due to fit/cut, but it's as dry as any. The days of them using DWR only (no waterproof membrane) are long gone.

Posted:
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper

Advertisement

Per their site it is only waterproof for two years, wouldn’t that imply it is waterproof due to coating? My Hydrolite’s certainly have not proven waterproof.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.