Naples course recommendations

Heading down for 5 days in late February and staying at the Grande. I plan on playing there 2x and hope to add another course close by. Any ideas?
PING Rapture V2 with BB
PING Crossover - 3
PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
PING Chipo!
PING Pal - Karsten

Comments

• dcfasdcfas Tempus Fugit Posts: 857 ✭✭
    I’m jealous. Tiburon is on my list of courses in the area. I think around $250 per round plus forecaddie.
  • I'm a member at the Grande, enjoy the course is in really good shape right now. What are you willing to spend? There's plenty of good golf around here.
  • mckennwamckennwa Members Posts: 640 ✭✭
    Try Old Corkscrew in Estero. I really enjoyed that course on my trip down there.
  • pbr2121pbr2121 Posts: 439
    $200 seems to be the going rate and what I'll need to spend for what could be a once in a lifetime trip. Thanks all for recs
    PING Rapture V2 with BB
    PING Crossover - 3
    PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
    PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
    PING Chipo!
    PING Pal - Karsten
  • ronnbeeronnbee Posts: 1,076 ✭✭
    if you can find someone to get you on

Calusa Pines
  • brkuckbrkuck Members Posts: 1,618 ✭✭
    Tiburon is worth it, IMO. Heading down there again in March and will try and play it again.

TPC at Treviso Bay is pretty nice too.
  • N8dogg2669N8dogg2669 ClubWRX Posts: 99 ✭✭
    I used to live down there. Some fantastic tracks. Some of my favs below.

Raptor Bay - Bonita Springs, but one of my favs

The Rookery - Marriot Course

Hammock Bay - Marriot Course

Tiburon

TPC Treviso

Lely - OK but I always seemed to have fun on the Mustang Course

and last but not least if you want to play night golf go to The Links of Naples. Course is a hole in the wall, but playing at night down there is just plain fun. Anytime a friend would come down from Michigan when I was down there we went and played and usually had the most fun. Pack up the cooler with Yuengling and have a blast.

Have great trip. I'm jealous
  • wrigleywrigley Posts: 129 ✭✭
    mckennwa wrote:

Try Old Corkscrew in Estero. I really enjoyed that course on my trip down there.

Really nice tough course, but I found you have to play it a couple of times to figure out the layout. Greens were fast when I was there.
  • favre0811favre0811 Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Going to play Tiburon end of January, wondering if it is worth playing both courses or just the Gold course? Playing the same day since I am taking a day trip to play Tiburon.
  • CGMCGM Members Posts: 72 ✭✭
    If you can find a way to get on to Talis Park it is fantastic. You can hit driver almost everywhere and the course is always in fantastic shape. The best conditioned driving range I have ever been on.

CGM
  • AC168AC168 Members Posts: 828 ✭✭
    I would pay up to play Calusa at least once if available.
  • favre0811 wrote:

Going to play Tiburon end of January, wondering if it is worth playing both courses or just the Gold course? Playing the same day since I am taking a day trip to play Tiburon.

Black is better (tougher, more interesting). They play the pro tourneys on Gold b/c it’s better for spectators and closer to the Ritz. Both are good. See if you can save some $ by playing 36
  • OcRockRollerOcRockRoller Humble Donkey Posts: 174 ✭✭
    For those that are open to the public Old Corkscrew is where it's at. Beauty and a beast truly. Tpc T Bay is also good if you can get a time, They have a lot of members. You'll love Naples grande if you haven't played it yet. A lot of the really good track, like Calusa are private but if you have the connect don't hesitate to go, one of the best in Florida imo.
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,398 ✭✭
    AC168 wrote:

Anyone here ever have the opportunity to play Wilderness?
  • OcRockRollerOcRockRoller Humble Donkey Posts: 174 ✭✭

AC168 wrote:

Anyone here ever have the opportunity to play Wilderness?

Yeah it's a fun track and always in good shape ( at the the few times I've played it) It's a shorter and tight typical Florida course but scoreable and fun
  • fletcher6490fletcher6490 Posts: 117 ✭✭
    I was fortunate enough to play Naples National and Old Collier last year. I'm not positive but I assume they were both private. Great courses!
  • lincolndufflincolnduff Members Posts: 231 ✭✭
    I just returned from Naples over New Years. I played Old Corkscrew and Calusa Pines. Obviously, Calusa was incredible, but Old Corkscrew was also fun, the greens were tough! Pins were at the edges of ridges and near the collars all day. Lots of water and bunkers come into play as well. Can't comment on the others in the area, but I think you can get out to Corkscrew for under $100 if you search around on golfnow or another of the tee time sites. Enjoy the warm weather while the rest of us freeze.
  • PThomasPThomas ClubWRX Posts: 776 ClubWRX
    I’ll be down over Easter. Calusa is the obvious choice but with no connection or invite I’ll prob try Treviso.
    2017 M1 460 9.5 - Diamana BF 60X2017
    M2 Tour 15 - Diamana CK Blue 70X
    TM P790 UDI #2
    TM P760 - #4-9 DG TI S400
    Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.10V, 58.11K DG TI S4100
    TM Spider Putter
  • McGee72McGee72 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited Feb 9, 2018 #20
    Old Corkscrew great layout and reasonable price for down here.
  • ceejay81ceejay81 Love that chicken from Popeyes! Washington, DCPosts: 1,675 ✭✭
    My uncle has been working at the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort for almost a year now. I need to take him up on the friends and family discount I'll receive at these courses. It looks absolutely gorgeous and sounds like a great place to play.
    Hive Tour Titles: 2
  • HoosierMizunoHoosierMizuno Members Posts: 3,352 ✭✭
    any thoughts on Esplanade in Naples? its a newer course and played it recently. thought it was a great value for the price. $130 at the time
    Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
    TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
    Cobra F8 19*
    J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
    Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
    TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 
  • FiveSixAceFiveSixAce Posts: 1,022 ✭✭
    I had a blast playing at The Quarry.
  • LaxinMaximusLaxinMaximus Members Posts: 108 ✭✭

I was fortunate enough to play Naples National and Old Collier last year. I'm not positive but I assume they were both private. Great courses!

Very private. I worked at Old Collier from Jan to May last year!
  • D18D18 Members Posts: 3
    +1 on old corkscrew. just played it last month with two of my fiends and we all three agreed it was our favorite in the area. very difficult track, 146 slope @ 6617 yards and 144 @ 6262. public jack nicklaus course with no houses. overall experience was awesome! also worth checking out are hammock bay and tpc treviso. we did not play any private courses
  • nellycuznellycuz Pured Posts: 447 ✭✭
    Heading just north of Naples in Ft Myers next month. Going to try to play 2 rounds as I'm going with family. No private connections but I'm thinking Old Corkscrew and Tiburon might be my choices! If anyone else has any recent info please let us know! I don't mind spending up a bit to play some of the best in the area, but travel needs to be around 40 each way tops.
    '17 M2 10.5 Rogue Black Stiff
    '17 M2 16.5 HL 3W
    913hd 19* Hybrid
    714 AP2 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Scotty Cameron Newport '16
  • HoosierMizunoHoosierMizuno Members Posts: 3,352 ✭✭
    check out esplanade. played it recently and thought it was pretty good for the price. https://www.naplesesplanade.com/
    Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
    TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
    Cobra F8 19*
    J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
    Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
    TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 
  • WillMK5WillMK5 Members Posts: 417 ✭✭

check out esplanade. played it recently and thought it was pretty good for the price. https://www.naplesesplanade.com/

Going down next weekend. So far we've got Old Corkscrew and Esplanade lined up.
  • For public I would suggest Naples Grande, and Tiburon. Old Corkscrew is insanely hard. Best courses IMO in the area:

Calusa Pines

Naples National

Hideout

Old Collier
    Ping G30 Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics 3W
    Tour Edge Exotics Driving Iron
    Bridgestone J15 4-PW
    Fourteen Wedge (52, 56, 60)
    Ping Ketsch
  • BallgofarboyBallgofarboy Old man Posts: 1,485 ✭✭
    Old Corkscrew?? I have played it once and found it to be unplayable. Based on the comments maybe they have made some changes but I would not go back to this course if I were paid to play here.
    Callaway XR 9.5 degree
    Callaway X Hot 15 degrees
    NIKE VR 21 degree hybrid
    Callaway Razr Tour Irons
    50 degree Volkey
    WITB Link
    58 degree cleveland
    52 degree Sixron
  • bvanbvan Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

For public I would suggest Naples Grande, and Tiburon. Old Corkscrew is insanely hard. Best courses IMO in the area:

Calusa Pines

Naples National

Hideout

Old Collier

Agree on Calusa and Naples Nat'l, however can only play with member and try not to worry about the money$$....$250 to play and $100min for caddy. Well worth it. I rank Calusa slightly better than Nat'l of these 2.

Try also:

Tiburon Gold

Twin Eagles Talon

Fiddler's Creek

Old Corkscrew(enjoy the scenery, you will not score on this track)