Callaway Rogue and Rogue Pro Irons

Comments

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32226WRX Points: 1,807Posts: 32,226 Titanium Tees
    sandy wrote:

Lucky they have the Apex MB and XForged because these are just plain Hideous..make the Epic Pro’s look almost classic/

100% agreedx MBs and Xforged are beautiful. I had a feeling these were going to look like Walmart specials...
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JDSPGAJDSPGA St. Louis,MOMembers  428WRX Points: 97Posts: 428 Greens
    I actually really like the Rogue Pros. Less offset at address than Apex. They sound/feel good, better than Steelhead pro for sure. They also perform! I’ll for sure be at least starting this season with them in the bag.
    Posted:

Callaway Staff/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff

Mavrik Max- Helium Proto 4F5
    Mavrik Max 3+ - Lin-Q 7F4
    Mavrik Max 5W - Lin-Q 6F4
    Apex 19 Hybrid - Recoil Hybrid Prototype 85F4
    Apex Pro 19 5-9 - Custom Recoil Prototype 95
    MD5 JAWS 46,52,56,60 - Custom Recoil Wedge Proto 110
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Black or Directed Force - Stability Shaft
    Chrome Soft X Truvis Yellow

• eighteenparseighteenpars Members  14WRX Points: 0Handicap: 2Posts: 14
    Lets see how strongly lofted these things are. If they come out with another set of irons that has a 39* PW I am boycotting them altogether. Its an 8 iron.
    Posted:
    917 D3 DWB 70x
    917 f2 15 Whiteboard 80x
    718 TMB 3 Iron TI X100
    718 AP3 4-P nDG TI X100 2^ +3/4
    Sm6 52 56 60
    CT California Monterey 34 Heavy

Lets see how strongly lofted these things are. If they come out with another set of irons that has a 39* PW I am boycotting them altogether. Its an 8 iron.

Measured the fitting cart head at 31 degrees. 7 iron.
    Posted:

• JunglelandJungleland Members  596WRX Points: 111Handicap: 7Posts: 596 Golden Tee
    Regular Rogue appears to be a major step backwards from the Steelhead from a cosmetic standpoint.

Posted:
  • boggymanboggyman Members  2952WRX Points: 352Posts: 2,952 Titanium Tees
    Digging themselves a big hole....

JDSPGA wrote:

Measured the fitting cart head at 31 degrees. 7 iron.

But they’re longerrrr.....
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Rogue Pro looks like afterbirth of the Apex line and Rogue an inbred version of the c300 and AP1. No thanks.
    Posted:
    I should clarify, the rogue pro 7 iron was 31 degrees. Those of you disgusted by strong lofted irons should just pretend the Rogue X doesn’t exist.

These were influenced by the Japanese market where some golfers literally don’t care about shooting good scores, or holding a green with sufficient spin. They just want to hit their irons as far as possible. That is Rogue X.

Posted:

• RATRAT RAT Members  197WRX Points: 0Posts: 197
    boggyman wrote:

This will get EPIC quickly ����������������....

Or maybe they won't be super ugly...never know..

All of Callys GI style clubs have been ugly with goofy looking badging. That's my opinion of course.

Let's see if these will follow the same path..

With the $1300 price tag in tow to boot......
    This is exactly what TM did and they had to be sold . Each reaches the peak there is nowhere to go but down and repeat designs is an indicator ....
    Posted:
    JDSPGA wrote:

I should clarify, the rogue pro 7 iron was 31 degrees. Those of you disgusted by strong lofted irons should just pretend the Rogue X doesn’t exist.

These were influenced by the Japanese market where some golfers literally don’t care about shooting good scores, or holding a green with sufficient spin. They just want to hit their irons as far as possible. That is Rogue X.

I’m with you on being disgusted with the lofts these days. Either get over it or get some players irons. Me, I’ve reverted to Copper Eye 2s that are on the way or my FG 100s.
    Posted:
    JDSPGA wrote:

I actually really like the Rogue Pros. Less offset at address than Apex. They sound/feel good, better than Steelhead pro for sure. They also perform! I’ll for sure be at least starting this season with them in the bag.

You a Callway staffer are ya??
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • RATRAT RAT Members  197WRX Points: 0Posts: 197
    boggyman wrote:

JDSPGA wrote:

I actually really like the Rogue Pros. Less offset at address than Apex. They sound/feel good, better than Steelhead pro for sure. They also perform! I'll for sure be at least starting this season with them in the bag.

New Club cheaper price Callaway "Strata" Walmart
    Posted:
    RAT wrote:

boggyman wrote:

JDSPGA wrote:

I actually really like the Rogue Pros. Less offset at address than Apex. They sound/feel good, better than Steelhead pro for sure. They also perform! I'll for sure be at least starting this season with them in the bag.

New Club cheaper price Callaway "Strata" Walmart

😂😂😂😂
    Posted:
  • Z4ParZ4Par Members  439WRX Points: 17Handicap: 7.2Posts: 439 Greens
    I love Callaway and I was debating waiting for the Rogue irons to be released before purchasing the AP3's. Ended up going with AP3's because I hit them well and didn't want to wait it out. Really glad I made this choice at this point. I've played Callaway irons for several years now. Might have to wait to look in person but I am not impressed with the photos of the Rogue irons at this point.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Draw Driver (10 Degrees) 9 Degree setup at +1, Neutral Setting - Aldila Synergy 50 (60 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood (17 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (68 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid (19 Degrees), 4 Hybrid (21 Degrees), 5 Hybrid (24 Degrees) - Aldila Synergy 60 (75 Grams) Stiff - Standard
    Titleist 718 AP3 6 Iron (28 Degrees) through PW (43 Degrees) and Wedge (48 Degrees) - AMT Black S300 - Standard
    Titleist SM6 - 52 Degree F Grind 8 Degree Bounce and 56 Degree F Grind 14 Degree Bounce - Project X 6.0 - Standard
    2018 TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline
    Titleist AVX
  • Orange HogOrange Hog Members  385WRX Points: 63Handicap: 12Posts: 385 Greens
    Rogue Pro looks like a design rip of the Titleist AP3. Hard pass.
    Posted:
  • the bishopthe bishop Members  3927WRX Points: 941Posts: 3,927 Titanium Tees
    Looking at the photos on the WRX article the badge insert on the Rogue Pro looks awful with inconsistent gap spacing around the bottom. Like it was haphazardly placed in there. Looks cheap IMO in that photo at least.
    Posted:
    W/S D7 10.5*
    W/S D7 15*
    W/S D7 19*/22*
    W/S FG62 5-P
    W/S Staff Model 52/56/60
    Newport Pro Platinum

Advertisement
  • USGA22USGA22 Members  193WRX Points: 59Handicap: 7Posts: 193 Fairways
    I generally don't comment on clubs until I've had a chance to handle and hit them. However, these instagram photos do not inspire a lot of excitement in my eyes. We all know Callaway will spell out the technology real soon. I can honestly say, I'm not feeling them. I realize it's unfair to compare this offering to products that are already in the marketplace. But given the overwhelming success of the 790's clean lines, the tech in the Rogue better be a grand slam.
    Posted:
  • chadillac65chadillac65 FloridaMembers  331WRX Points: 85Handicap: 2Posts: 331 Greens
    USGA22 wrote:

I generally don't comment on clubs until I've had a chance to handle and hit them. However, these instagram photos do not inspire a lot of excitement in my eyes. We all know Callaway will spell out the technology real soon. I can honestly say, I'm not feeling them. I realize it's unfair to compare this offering to products that are already in the marketplace. But given the overwhelming success of the 790's clean lines, the tech in the Rogue better be a grand slam.

Spoiler Alert...I tested them both and the P790 is the winner on ball speed and lower spin.
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade Sim 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 70 TX 45.75 inches
    3 Wood: Calllaway 14* Hzrdus Black 6.5 76 TX 43 inches
    5 Wood: Callaway 18* Epic Hzrdus Black 6.5 76 TX 41.5 inches 
    Irons: TaylorMade P790 4-P Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedge: TaylorMade Mill Grind 2 48, 54, 60 PX 6.0 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron NewPort 2 Circle t
  • USGA22USGA22 Members  193WRX Points: 59Handicap: 7Posts: 193 Fairways

USGA22 wrote:

Spoiler Alert...I tested them both and the P790 is the winner on ball speed and lower spin.

Thanks. I see you have the 790's with the LZ shaft. How is that head shaft combination? I was between the LZ and C taper Lite when I order the 790's.

Thanks
    Posted:
  • chadillac65chadillac65 FloridaMembers  331WRX Points: 85Handicap: 2Posts: 331 Greens
    USGA22 wrote:

USGA22 wrote:

Thanks. I see you have the 790's with the LZ shaft. How is that head shaft combination? I was between the LZ and C taper Lite when I order the 790's.

Thanks

To be honest everyone is different. I have seen so many fittings with the P790 Head. Shaft dials it all in! Go pay the $150 to get fit don’t guess

USGA22 wrote:

USGA22 wrote:

Thanks

To be honest everyone is different. I have seen so many fittings with the P790 Head. Shaft dials it all in! Go pay the $150 to get fit don’t guess
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade Sim 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 70 TX 45.75 inches
    3 Wood: Calllaway 14* Hzrdus Black 6.5 76 TX 43 inches
    5 Wood: Callaway 18* Epic Hzrdus Black 6.5 76 TX 41.5 inches 
    Irons: TaylorMade P790 4-P Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedge: TaylorMade Mill Grind 2 48, 54, 60 PX 6.0 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron NewPort 2 Circle t
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers  2460WRX Points: 371Handicap: 9ishPosts: 2,460 Platinum Tees
    Yuck
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • FarrowFarrow Members  627WRX Points: 0Posts: 627

USGA22 wrote:

Did you go through the whole fitting process on the Rogue to make sure you had the optimum shaft and setup like with your P790’s? Or was the Rogue just stock vs your fitted 790’s?
    Posted:
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members  8404WRX Points: 349Handicap: 12.1Posts: 8,404 Titanium Tees
    I’ll hold judgement until I see them in person.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1
  • wldchld22wldchld22 Members  3382WRX Points: 196Posts: 3,382 Titanium Tees
    So all they did was re-badge the APEX irons that everyone love? Don't get me wrong but really want to see where this fits.

Epic

Epic *

Epic Pro

Apex

Apex Pro

Steelhead

Steelhead Pro

GBB OS

I'm not hating on the strategy. I like that they have an undercut forgiving iron and a hollow body forgiving iron, but do these replace the apex line? Hence why they look like the same old thing?
    Posted:
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers  3072WRX Points: 328Posts: 3,072 Titanium Tees

Who is ready for pics?? The pro has high ball speeds. Just not as high as the TM P790.

Yuk those are ugly
    Posted:
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members  4002WRX Points: 737Posts: 4,002 Titanium Tees
    mtnbiker5 wrote:

More reason to buy pxg

Seriously? 🙄
    Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

Advertisement
  • DTown3011DTown3011 #DTown3011 ClubWRX  3622WRX Points: 234Posts: 3,622 ClubWRX
    wldchld22 wrote:

So all they did was re-badge the APEX irons that everyone love? Don't get me wrong but really want to see where this fits.

Epic

Epic *

Epic Pro

Apex

Apex Pro

Steelhead

Steelhead Pro

GBB OS

I'm not hating on the strategy. I like that they have an undercut forgiving iron and a hollow body forgiving iron, but do these replace the apex line? Hence why they look like the same old thing?

These are NOT replacing Apex. There supposedly is Anna Apex replacement coming next year. Think these replace Steelhead Xr and Xr Pro.
    Posted:
    Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
    Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
    X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
    MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
    Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
    Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • tbone18tbone18 COLUMBUS, OHIOMembers  601WRX Points: 116Posts: 601 Golden Tee
    DTown3011 wrote:

wldchld22 wrote:

Epic

Epic *

Epic Pro

Apex

Apex Pro

Steelhead

Steelhead Pro

GBB OS

These are NOT replacing Apex. There supposedly is Anna Apex replacement coming next year. Think these replace Steelhead Xr and Xr Pro.
    I would guess these will replace Epic, Epic Pro, and GGB OS. Steelhead XR is still a steady seller for Callaway.
    Posted:
    TAYLORMADE M3 8.5* / ACCRA TZ5 65 M5 / TAYLORMADE SIM 9* ACCRA TZ5 65 M5
    TAYLORMADE M3 15* / SMALL BATCH HZRDUS GREEN 70 6.5TX
    MIURA CB1008 3, 1957CB 4,5,6 / MB101 7,8,9,PW W/ MODUS 130X
    TAYLORMADE MG2 CHROME 48/52/58 W/MODUS 130S
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB TUTTLE
    SCOTTY CAMERON SPECIAL SELECT FLOWBACK 5.5
  • ncglfrncglfr Members  160WRX Points: 0Posts: 160
    tbone18 wrote:

DTown3011 wrote:

wldchld22 wrote:

Epic

Epic *

Epic Pro

Apex

Apex Pro

Steelhead

Steelhead Pro

GBB OS

I would guess these will replace Epic, Epic Pro, and GGB OS. Steelhead XR is still a steady seller for Callaway.

These replace the Steelhead line.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • twjamestwjames Members  235WRX Points: 33Posts: 235 Fairways
    This is terrible.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.