ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Free Climbing...

Fun
My buddy got me to go Free Climbing with him today. We went out to a mountain called Camel Back and were climbing 100-200 foot vertical faces without ropes all day. The funny thing is, he is afraid of heights and got stuck at this one part and this "Spectator" called the park ranger and anyways to make a long story short, people were making fun of him the rest of the day.

We had close to 100 people watching us climb the huuge vertical faces without ropes and we took turns scaring them. You know kick a couple rocks down or pretend to slip. I ended up loosing both my feet and one hand about 75 feet up which scared the sh!t out of me. Anyways the funniest thing was that he was wearing baggy shorts and I kept telling him that he was flashing everyone on the ground and that was why they were watching us. Plus there is this joke between us that involves flying off a mountain and he did it to me on the 2nd face we climed that day (wasn't quite vertical but was very bare) and that started a war where we would do it to eachother at random times.

All in all I had a great time and I encourage any and everyone to go do it. Ropes are for pansies!

Right now, I can barely move at all I am so sore.

Comments

• LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Its ok I would like to see a green the next day not darkness image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    Sounds like an awesome time but yea I think ill pass
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    Ive free climber before but not on real rock faces. Ive done it up walls and inside at climbing centers. Its fun and alot more work because there are consequences if you fall!!!

Dan "goose"
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • cjdrcccjdrcc Jr. Boomers Posts: 543
    Sounds sweet. The whole experience sounds fun and the sorness is good. The climbing could be good for building hand/fore arm strength.
  • pitchmaster1224pitchmaster1224 tour fittings since 1893 Advanced Members Posts: 1,251
    it's all fun and games until someone loses a...well u get the pt. image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Advanced Members Posts: 1,783 ✭✭
    I agree it does sound like a blast, but I would be scared sh!tless if I went was 100 feet off the ground knowing that there is nothing (a.k.a. ropes) to keep me alive if I happen to slip. Other than that I would do it in a heart beat!

- Bryan
  • golfer_juniorgolfer_junior Members Posts: 1,152
    Yeah we both almost lost it a few times but after that it was ok. The worst part was the descent where you had to feel for foot holds.
  • Ryno920Ryno920 Advanced Members Posts: 105
    I'll stick to climbing trees. If I fall at least theres some branches to slow me down a bit.
    I was telling the park ranger that we had climbed some of the faces at Bobby's Rock (west side of mountain) and he said we were crazy.
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Advanced Members Posts: 1,783 ✭✭
    Dude, take some pics the next time you go! I remember the first part of Mission Impossible 2 - at the begninng where Ethan Hunt was climbing that face, that was crazy! It does sound like a great time, but I don't know if I have the balls to do it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Later, Bryan
  • pitchmaster1224pitchmaster1224 tour fittings since 1893 Advanced Members Posts: 1,251
    clevelandballer1028 wrote on Jan 16 2006, 07&#58;47 PM:

Dude, take some pics the next time you go! I remember the first part of Mission Impossible 2 - at the begninng where Ethan Hunt was climbing that face, that was crazy! It does sound like a great time, but I don't know if I have the balls to do it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Later, Bryan

ahh...i think they might want to just concentrate on the climb itself and stayin alive...lol image/fool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    We are going to go again mabey this weekend. I'll grab my digi and snap some pics. We are going to try an inverted face this time (its over the main trail so we can scare ppl).
  • Golfin4WeezerGolfin4Weezer Members Posts: 173
    I do a lot of urban climbing/buildering. It is a blast. Almost got arrested for climbing to the second story of a Holiday Inn. Hah. I feel ya bro.
    Lol thats a little different. I'm talking about 100 - 200 foot (10 - 20 story) vertical rock faces with small indents (just enough to put the tips of yourfingers into) and if you fall nobody may see you for days.