ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Any New GPS Tech in 18'?

Big BenBig Ben Advanced Members Posts: 8,896 ✭✭
I don't pay a ton of attention and probably will be in the market for a new watch. Anything new and cool being released?



Happy New Year WRX!
Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Comments

  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,270 ✭✭
    Not a watch, but Golf Logix’s app now has topographical green reading maps
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • xjohnxxjohnx Advanced Members Posts: 2,005
    Holy Moses wrote:


    Not a watch, but Golf Logix's app now has topographical green reading maps




    Wow. Is it accurate? Can't imagine that's legal for tournament play. lol
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,270 ✭✭
    xjohnx wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    Not a watch, but Golf Logix's app now has topographical green reading maps




    Wow. Is it accurate? Can't imagine that's legal for tournament play. lol




    More info http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1544344-golf-logix-52-now-with-putt-breaks-green-maps/page__fromsearch__1
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Big BenBig Ben Advanced Members Posts: 8,896 ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I was checking out Voice Caddie B1 band or VC 300se. I like the simplliciity of each of these units. BB
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Advanced Members Posts: 2,206 ✭✭
    I am curious about what might be coming out also. The SkyCaddie Touch has been out for a while and is ready for an update. I will be watching the PGA Merch. Show to see what comes out. Lately all I see is watch GPS but I have no interest in those. I am looking for a unit that will take things even closer to a tour yardage book in detail.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Big BenBig Ben Advanced Members Posts: 8,896 ✭✭
    I've had two watches and the only way I would ever go that route again would be a simple band.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Advanced Members Posts: 2,206 ✭✭
    I really liked the way the Callaway uPro was headed but the hardware just was not there to support what they were trying to do at a reasonable price. I think the hardware price and screen size / resolution is where now you could have fly overs and satellite photos. I would love to see the SkyCaddie course data applied to satellite photos of the hole.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,489 mod
    TM_HOYER wrote:


    I really liked the way the Callaway uPro was headed but the hardware just was not there to support what they were trying to do at a reasonable price. I think the hardware price and screen size / resolution is where now you could have fly overs and satellite photos. I would love to see the SkyCaddie course data applied to satellite photos of the hole.




    To date, IMO, the MX+ is the pound for pound best GPS unit that's been made. I actually used it earlier this year in a pinch when my old watch died. It still works like a champ and the aerial shots/yardages on the courses you have downloaded, I mean I haven't seen anything recently that approaches it. Absolutely love it.



    But I went full watch with the S1 and now the S6 and I cant see myself going back. My complaint/concern with watches is always that I just want the GPS. I don't want Bluetooth connection or text notification or emails or anything like that. Unfortunately it seems like they're going in the opposite direction.
    M3 10.5 - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Advanced Members Posts: 2,206 ✭✭
    dcmidnight wrote:

    TM_HOYER wrote:


    I really liked the way the Callaway uPro was headed but the hardware just was not there to support what they were trying to do at a reasonable price. I think the hardware price and screen size / resolution is where now you could have fly overs and satellite photos. I would love to see the SkyCaddie course data applied to satellite photos of the hole.




    To date, IMO, the MX+ is the pound for pound best GPS unit that's been made. I actually used it earlier this year in a pinch when my old watch died. It still works like a champ and the aerial shots/yardages on the courses you have downloaded, I mean I haven't seen anything recently that approaches it. Absolutely love it.



    But I went full watch with the S1 and now the S6 and I cant see myself going back. My complaint/concern with watches is always that I just want the GPS. I don't want Bluetooth connection or text notification or emails or anything like that. Unfortunately it seems like they're going in the opposite direction.




    Much of the course I belong to does not have data service and spotty phone service. I have an Apple Watch and for non-golf, it is great, but for golf, I want more info than can be on a watch. Plus I do not want to carry the phone to feed data to the watch. I would think they could build a device with only a really good GPS receiver using Android. That would give the screen, performance, and cost that would be reasonable.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Big BenBig Ben Advanced Members Posts: 8,896 ✭✭
    Do we know if Garmin will update the X40 or S60 in 2018? Both on my radar. BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • skmcclureskmcclure Advanced Members Posts: 127
    Big Ben wrote:


    Do we know if Garmin will update the X40 or S60 in 2018? Both on my radar. BB




    There is apparently an X10 out now which is the same as the X40 without the heartrate monitor. That probably makes it less bulky and uses less battery.
  • PhreddyPhreddy Advanced Members Posts: 580 ✭✭
    I am drawn to the idea of a GPS watch. Currently I use any one of a number of really good phone apps, but I hate the idea of pulling out my phone and using it while on the course. I guess what I hate even more is the thought of having one more device (a watch) that requires charging.



    Phred
    If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.
  • LukebadgerLukebadger Members Posts: 6
    Holy Moses wrote:


    Not a watch, but Golf Logix's app now has topographical green reading maps




    In addition to above question about legality of use of GolfLogix's "putt break" mapping on greens, I suspect its use will slow down play while on putting green as user of app seeks to line up their ball/ball marker with the hole and getting correct distance to hole accurate before reading the break on their iPhone. Can anyone comment who has subscribed to this newest app from GolfLogix?
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,270 ✭✭
    Lukebadger wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    Not a watch, but Golf Logix's app now has topographical green reading maps




    In addition to above question about legality of use of GolfLogix's "putt break" mapping on greens, I suspect its use will slow down play while on putting green as user of app seeks to line up their ball/ball marker with the hole and getting correct distance to hole accurate before reading the break on their iPhone. Can anyone comment who has subscribed to this newest app from GolfLogix?




    Here’s the thread http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1544344-golf-logix-52-now-with-putt-breaks-green-maps/page__pid__16891724__st__30#entry16891724. Everyone, myself included, has said that the maps do slow down the round.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
Sign In or Register to comment.