Colorado WRX 2018

1535456585982
82

Comments

  • CDMCDM Members  1981WRX Points: 250Posts: 1,981 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #1652
    TheKrushh wrote:

    Dancin wrote:

    TheKrushh wrote:


    I'm planning on going Mizuno/Vokey or srixon/cleveland for new irons this off season. At this point I need to go in and hit both. I always tell myself I'm going with easier to hit and end up trying to see how many blades I can fit in to a combo set before I'm an idiot. Curious how the mizunos hit because I thought the 900 tours were not very forgiving at all and that's from playing a Titliest CB/MB combo.




    If you've never hit the Mizuno wedges, give them a try. Love that blue finish option and they have the same feel as the irons. They don't have all the different grind options Vokey and Cleveland have though.




    I played Cleveland all through college and then switched to Vokey and have played those for the last 10 years and haven't really thought twice about it. I tend to be pretty neutral with bounces and stuff. I like the raw finish but hate paying Vokey prices. I've never hit the Mizunos, probably should try them but the wedges are definitely a finicky spot in my bag. Tend to like to see the same thing.



    Also, I have more clubs breaking from my D'Lance Titleist build from February 2016. I've never had club issues in my entire life and have had these things falling apart like I bought them at Walmart.




    I have two Vokey's and just picked up a RTX and like it much better. Now as to the Walmart aspect.... I got my game from there =)
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TheKrushhTheKrushh Members  1029WRX Points: 86Posts: 1,029 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 4, 2018 #1653
    jacobEDGE wrote:

    TheKrushh wrote:


    Also, I have more clubs breaking from my D'Lance Titleist build from February 2016. I've never had club issues in my entire life and have had these things falling apart like I bought them at Walmart.




    Oh no, that's not good to hear. They're who I went to for my TPT Shaft fitting (that I won on here). I'm actually dropping off my driver head now so they can built it up. I mean, it shouldn't be that complicated. Gluing on a tip adapter, cutting to length, and installing a grip. I even trust Golf Galaxy with stuff like that. But still. :x




    I know lots of people who've had great builds and everything has gone wonderfully for them. I think I just happened to be the 1% or whatever where things have not gone to plan.



    I'm really curious to hear how you like that driver shaft. I was really hoping to win that contest!
    Posted:
    Ping G400Max 10.5 ADGP 7X
    Taylormade R15 17 Speeder 7X
    Srixon U85 3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
    Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
    Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members  1605WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,605 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #1654
    jacobEDGE wrote:

    ASak10 wrote:


    Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's worth playing now or waiting until everything is finished? From what I understand the clubhouse and practice green isn't open yet. Is there a driving range at least that's open?




    To me, it would be. But that's only because I'm constantly running late and never have warm-up time to begin with. I'm also too cheap and only hit range balls if they come included with the green fees.



    Also, has anyone ever purchased a full club on eBay just for a shaft? Because I just did. Titleist 913D3 with a Tour AD shaft that I plan on pulling out and using in a 3 wood. They had it listed for $100, when the shaft alone goes for more than that. So...why not? Haha




    How much would you let the head go for? My brother or brother-in-law would like something a little newer than what's in their bags now. I might be interested in taking it off your hands if it's not much $$. Otherwise, reshaft and sell it on here.
    Posted:
  • av1084av1084 Gooner Members  1228WRX Points: 104Handicap: 5.0Posts: 1,228 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #1655
    Does anyone know if public play at TPC Colorado is only as an accompanied guest? I could have sworn I heard that a few weeks ago...
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 05
    TEE CBX 13 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 05
    TEE CB5 16.5 Tour Blue TX
    Mizuno MP20 3-P Modus 120X
    Mizuno T7 53/60 Modus 120X
    Edel E-2
  • seven deweyseven dewey Members  563WRX Points: 105Posts: 563 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Sep 5, 2018 #1656
    av1084 wrote:


    Does anyone know if public play at TPC Colorado is only as an accompanied guest? I could have sworn I heard that a few weeks ago...




    My buddies just played there this past weekend, I'll find out what the deal was and update this post. All I got was a picture of a tee marker that said 773....um unless that is a par 6, no thanks.



    Update: He said they got the member/guest rate of $120 and he thought that it was open all the time because it wasn't getting a ton of play.
    Posted:
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
  • DancinDancin Members  365WRX Points: 114Handicap: 8Posts: 365 Greens
    Joined:  edited Sep 5, 2018 #1657
    Walked Thorncreek yesterday and probably won't be back for at least a year or two. The good thing is the really stupid stuff architecturally has been fixed. Greens are putting really true and very nice and have some more interesting undulations on the ones they redid. I also got around 18 holes in under 3 hours which is always a pleasant surprise on a public course.



    If you remember from before the renovation that many fairways would have patches of dirt or mud, well, that's still the case with some holes having 10 foot diameter sections of dirt in the fairway. I don't know how you manage that with a brand new irrigation system, replanted fairways and the ability to let the new grass grow in with no play for last fall, spring and most of the summer. I don't want to blame the super because maybe they ran out of money after doing the renovation, but it kind of ruins the whole point of renovating if you're going to let the fairways go within the first month of play.



    On some of the fairways you can still see the vertical tracks between where the seed was planted. Because of that and how they're letting it grow where the grass does exist, the fairways are inconsistent in how they roll. The bigger issue is the greens are extremely firm (as most new greens tend to be) and with the inconsistently long fairways, you can't really land short to bounce shots on. Plus most of these holes are not designed to allow shots played on the ground and ask for aerial approaches. I was only able to hold one green with anything longer than a 9 iron even when landing on the very front of the green. Landing short of the green with an iron always checked up. When you could run a shot up, the fairways were too inconsistent to judge the speed correctly. Most of the time I checked up short. The only one I got to stop within 10 feet of the hole was a 5 wood purposely played on the ground and landed 35 yards short of the green and even that came to within a foot of the back edge.



    Ideally they should have waited till next year before opening the course, but as a muni they probably went as long as they could. I know many cities steal profits from the golf course to support their other public parks (Boulder being the biggest offender) so I'm wondering if they really did run out of money. I also found sunflower seeds on many of the greens, thus the same clientele is still going to Thorncreek. It's a shame as now that they've fixed the really dumb holes, it's not a bad layout, but it could be years before the course is playable.



    Edited: And to clarify, there's definitely fairways in worse condition in the Denver area, but seeing so many patches of dirt in fairways after they had almost a whole year to grow in I had to mention it. Most of the landing areas aren't affected by it. The biggest issue is the inability to hold shots on the green along with not being able to run shots up. That makes the course unplayable. If you're landing on greens (even giving it 30-40 feet of run out room) and still end up having to chip from the rough on 90% of your shots, it doesn't make for a fun round.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • LooperConLooperCon Caddie at Bandon Dunes Loveland, ColoradoMembers  251WRX Points: 172Posts: 251 Greens
    Joined:  edited Sep 5, 2018 #1658
    ASak10 wrote:
    Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's worth playing now or waiting until everything is finished? From what I understand the clubhouse and practice green isn't open yet. Is there a driving range at least that's open?




    I’ve played it a handful of times now with a member for a discounted rate, but if I was paying full price, I’d want to have a putting green/driving range...the range isn’t as big of a deal because Mariana Butte is on my way to TPC, so I just stop there. But their greens are WAY faster than most courses around here, so it’d be nice to get speed dialed in rather than crushing it by the cup on the first 3 holes.



    Also, it’s been about a month since I last played it, but they still had the black tee box closed on #1 so it could fully grow in. So you’re either teeing off from the tour tees (soooo long) or the golds (30+ yards ahead of the blacks & 70+ ahead of the tour tees). There are a couple other places that aren’t fully grown in yet either.



    Ill probably get out once or twice more this fall, but it’ll definitely be playing more true to design next year (truer greens, faster fairways, full practice area, more eye catching etc)
    Posted:
  • CDMCDM Members  1981WRX Points: 250Posts: 1,981 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #1659
    Dancin wrote:


    Walked Thorncreek yesterday and probably won't be back for at least a year or two. The good thing is the really stupid stuff architecturally has been fixed. Greens are putting really true and very nice and have some more interesting undulations on the ones they redid. I also got around 18 holes in under 3 hours which is always a pleasant surprise on a public course.



    If you remember from before the renovation that many fairways would have patches of dirt or mud, well, that's still the case with some holes having 10 foot diameter sections of dirt in the fairway. I don't know how you manage that with a brand new irrigation system, replanted fairways and the ability to let the new grass grow in with no play for last fall, spring and most of the summer. I don't want to blame the super because maybe they ran out of money after doing the renovation, but it kind of ruins the whole point of renovating if you're going to let the fairways go within the first month of play.



    On some of the fairways you can still see the vertical tracks between where the seed was planted. Because of that and how they're letting it grow where the grass does exist, the fairways are inconsistent in how they roll. The bigger issue is the greens are extremely firm (as most new greens tend to be) and with the inconsistently long fairways, you can't really land short to bounce shots on. Plus most of these holes are not designed to allow shots played on the ground and ask for aerial approaches. I was only able to hold one green with anything longer than a 9 iron even when landing on the very front of the green. Landing short of the green with an iron always checked up. When you could run a shot up, the fairways were too inconsistent to judge the speed correctly. Most of the time I checked up short. The only one I got to stop within 10 feet of the hole was a 5 wood purposely played on the ground and landed 35 yards short of the green and even that came to within a foot of the back edge.



    Ideally they should have waited till next year before opening the course, but as a muni they probably went as long as they could. I know many cities steal profits from the golf course to support their other public parks (Boulder being the biggest offender) so I'm wondering if they really did run out of money. I also found sunflower seeds on many of the greens, thus the same clientele is still going to Thorncreek. It's a shame as now that they've fixed the really dumb holes, it's not a bad layout, but it could be years before the course is playable.



    Edited: And to clarify, there's definitely fairways in worse condition in the Denver area, but seeing so many patches of dirt in fairways after they had almost a whole year to grow in I had to mention it. Most of the landing areas aren't affected by it. The biggest issue is the inability to hold shots on the green along with not being able to run shots up. That makes the course unplayable. If you're landing on greens (even giving it 30-40 feet of run out room) and still end up having to chip from the rough on 90% of your shots, it doesn't make for a fun round.




    Well shite.... playing it tomorrow with a client in a City charity event. Client is already P”dd at the city for a review on a project that should of been 5-6 weeks that went 4 months. Should be a FUN time LOL
    Posted:
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX  15097WRX Points: 1,151Posts: 15,097 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #1660
    I forgot to ask when I made our tee time for tomorrow, but does anyone know if Highland Meadows in Windsor has punched greens.
    Posted:

  • DancinDancin Members  365WRX Points: 114Handicap: 8Posts: 365 Greens
    Joined:  #1661


    I forgot to ask when I made our tee time for tomorrow, but does anyone know if Highland Meadows in Windsor has punched greens.


    https://greenskeeper.org says they are aerating next week
    Posted:
  • DancinDancin Members  365WRX Points: 114Handicap: 8Posts: 365 Greens
    Joined:  #1662
    CDM wrote:

    Dancin wrote:


    Walked Thorncreek yesterday and probably won't be back for at least a year or two. The good thing is the really stupid stuff architecturally has been fixed. Greens are putting really true and very nice and have some more interesting undulations on the ones they redid. I also got around 18 holes in under 3 hours which is always a pleasant surprise on a public course.



    If you remember from before the renovation that many fairways would have patches of dirt or mud, well, that's still the case with some holes having 10 foot diameter sections of dirt in the fairway. I don't know how you manage that with a brand new irrigation system, replanted fairways and the ability to let the new grass grow in with no play for last fall, spring and most of the summer. I don't want to blame the super because maybe they ran out of money after doing the renovation, but it kind of ruins the whole point of renovating if you're going to let the fairways go within the first month of play.



    On some of the fairways you can still see the vertical tracks between where the seed was planted. Because of that and how they're letting it grow where the grass does exist, the fairways are inconsistent in how they roll. The bigger issue is the greens are extremely firm (as most new greens tend to be) and with the inconsistently long fairways, you can't really land short to bounce shots on. Plus most of these holes are not designed to allow shots played on the ground and ask for aerial approaches. I was only able to hold one green with anything longer than a 9 iron even when landing on the very front of the green. Landing short of the green with an iron always checked up. When you could run a shot up, the fairways were too inconsistent to judge the speed correctly. Most of the time I checked up short. The only one I got to stop within 10 feet of the hole was a 5 wood purposely played on the ground and landed 35 yards short of the green and even that came to within a foot of the back edge.



    Ideally they should have waited till next year before opening the course, but as a muni they probably went as long as they could. I know many cities steal profits from the golf course to support their other public parks (Boulder being the biggest offender) so I'm wondering if they really did run out of money. I also found sunflower seeds on many of the greens, thus the same clientele is still going to Thorncreek. It's a shame as now that they've fixed the really dumb holes, it's not a bad layout, but it could be years before the course is playable.



    Edited: And to clarify, there's definitely fairways in worse condition in the Denver area, but seeing so many patches of dirt in fairways after they had almost a whole year to grow in I had to mention it. Most of the landing areas aren't affected by it. The biggest issue is the inability to hold shots on the green along with not being able to run shots up. That makes the course unplayable. If you're landing on greens (even giving it 30-40 feet of run out room) and still end up having to chip from the rough on 90% of your shots, it doesn't make for a fun round.




    Well shite.... playing it tomorrow with a client in a City charity event. Client is already P”dd at the city for a review on a project that should of been 5-6 weeks that went 4 months. Should be a FUN time LOL




    We got a lot of rain yesterday in Westminster (and I would assume Thornton) so maybe the greens will hold a little better. It will be cart path only though.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • CDMCDM Members  1981WRX Points: 250Posts: 1,981 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 6, 2018 #1663
    I sure am hoping.... just knowing he thinks the city is a clown show right now... then show up and course is bad... yea that will make for a long round Hahahah
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DancinDancin Members  365WRX Points: 114Handicap: 8Posts: 365 Greens
    Joined:  #1664
    CDM wrote:


    I jsure am hoping.... just knowing he thinks the city is a clown show right now... then show up and course is bad... yea that will make for a long round Hahahah




    Visually it's really not bad and if you didn't know they were closed for a year renovating, it's pretty much what you would expect from a public course, but with really nice looking greens. I think I shot something like 46 on the front 9 due to rolling off all the greens, before I started getting it a little under control. What was really annoying is that pitches and chips didn't run out as much as you would expect given how other approach shots rolled out, so it took a lot of getting used to before I was able to get anything from off the green close to a pin.
    Posted:
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX  15097WRX Points: 1,151Posts: 15,097 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #1665
    Dancin wrote:



    I forgot to ask when I made our tee time for tomorrow, but does anyone know if Highland Meadows in Windsor has punched greens.


    https://greenskeeper.org says they are aerating next week




    Thanks Dancin, and now we had to cancel out, til next week.
    Posted:

  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members  1605WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,605 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #1666
    Anyone want to play next Saturday? Trying to get in one of the first groups somewhere.
    Posted:
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members  2025WRX Points: 134Handicap: 3.9Posts: 2,025 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 6, 2018 #1667
    Anyone have a forum membership on here?



    y32fmtX.png



    Real curious what that thread is. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DancinDancin Members  365WRX Points: 114Handicap: 8Posts: 365 Greens
    Joined:  #1668
    You could send krsgolf a PM and ask.
    Posted:
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members  1605WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,605 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #1669
    To amend my previous post, I'm bummed that Murphy is aerating on Friday the 14th, so I can't play there like I'd planned. Anyone got suggestions (outside of Riverdale) for a decent round that's in shape right now and not more than about $40 walking?



    I'm willing to drive a little. Original plan was to hoof it to play Wild Horse, but I'm not sure I feel like driving that far to play on Saturday and turn around. Walnut Creek is my first choice, but looks like they're booked through the morning (hmmm).
    Posted:
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Fear the Power Draw Parker, COMembers  1512WRX Points: 225Handicap: 9ishPosts: 1,512 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Sep 6, 2018 #1670
    jacobEDGE wrote:


    Anyone have a forum membership on here?



    y32fmtX.png



    Real curious what that thread is. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    I believe masamitsu and Robot Doctor are members.



    Edited to add: and deadsolid
    Posted:
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

    --Unknown


    Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
    Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  4964WRX Points: 881Posts: 4,964 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #1671

    jacobEDGE wrote:


    Anyone have a forum membership on here?



    y32fmtX.png



    Real curious what that thread is. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    I believe masamitsu and Robot Doctor are members.



    Edited to add: and deadsolid




    LOL. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Why, yes I am.


    krsgolf wrote:


    Don't know if this is the right forum for this but assume it will be moved if not. I have a group of guys in the greater Denver area planning an outing at the new TPC Colorado on Thursday, Sept. 27th. If anyone from this site is interested please PM me for more details. Will be some sort of small money game and maybe some club trading going on. Still have a few spots available.
    Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303
  • DancinDancin Members  365WRX Points: 114Handicap: 8Posts: 365 Greens
    Joined:  edited Sep 7, 2018 #1672


    To amend my previous post, I'm bummed that Murphy is aerating on Friday the 14th, so I can't play there like I'd planned. Anyone got suggestions (outside of Riverdale) for a decent round that's in shape right now and not more than about $40 walking?



    I'm willing to drive a little. Original plan was to hoof it to play Wild Horse, but I'm not sure I feel like driving that far to play on Saturday and turn around. Walnut Creek is my first choice, but looks like they're booked through the morning (hmmm).




    Wow. Day trip to Wild Horse. I've driven pretty far for golf day trips, but that's dedication to even consider that. I think Walnut has a tournament that day, plus they just aerated this Monday and Tuesday. Legacy Ridge aerates in the spring and won't be aerating this fall.



    If you're looking for something different and willing to drive, I have no idea on current conditions, but why not Four Mile Ranch? I believe it's $40 with cart and they have a cheaper replay rate if you wanted to make a 36 hole day out of it.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members  3436WRX Points: 227Posts: 3,436 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #1673


    To amend my previous post, I'm bummed that Murphy is aerating on Friday the 14th, so I can't play there like I'd planned. Anyone got suggestions (outside of Riverdale) for a decent round that's in shape right now and not more than about $40 walking?



    I'm willing to drive a little. Original plan was to hoof it to play Wild Horse, but I'm not sure I feel like driving that far to play on Saturday and turn around. Walnut Creek is my first choice, but looks like they're booked through the morning (hmmm).
    Played Wildhorse yesterday, course is in fantastic shape, as always.
    Posted:
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members  2511WRX Points: 142Handicap: 4-6Posts: 2,511 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #1674

    jacobEDGE wrote:


    Anyone have a forum membership on here?



    y32fmtX.png



    Real curious what that thread is. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    I believe masamitsu and Robot Doctor are members.



    Edited to add: and deadsolid




    When I tried to access it I got permission denied. image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
    Posted:
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members  2511WRX Points: 142Handicap: 4-6Posts: 2,511 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #1675


    To amend my previous post, I'm bummed that Murphy is aerating on Friday the 14th, so I can't play there like I'd planned. Anyone got suggestions (outside of Riverdale) for a decent round that's in shape right now and not more than about $40 walking?



    I'm willing to drive a little. Original plan was to hoof it to play Wild Horse, but I'm not sure I feel like driving that far to play on Saturday and turn around. Walnut Creek is my first choice, but looks like they're booked through the morning (hmmm).




    Holy cow, I had no idea where Wild Horse was so I had to map it. You're def dedicated to make that drive to play. I'd do it but would stay overnight and make a weekend out of it. Understand if that's not an option.
    Posted:
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX  15097WRX Points: 1,151Posts: 15,097 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #1676
    masamitsu wrote:



    To amend my previous post, I'm bummed that Murphy is aerating on Friday the 14th, so I can't play there like I'd planned. Anyone got suggestions (outside of Riverdale) for a decent round that's in shape right now and not more than about $40 walking?



    I'm willing to drive a little. Original plan was to hoof it to play Wild Horse, but I'm not sure I feel like driving that far to play on Saturday and turn around. Walnut Creek is my first choice, but looks like they're booked through the morning (hmmm).




    Holy cow, I had no idea where Wild Horse was so I had to map it. You're def dedicated to make that drive to play. I'd do it but would stay overnight and make a weekend out of it. Understand if that's not an option.




    I know I sound like a broken record on this, but I’ll send say it again anyway!��. If you make the drive, instead of taking I76 all the way to I80, make a little detour at Fort Morgan. Head north on hwy 71 and stop at 4 Winds Golf Course in Kimball, Ne. It’s right on I80 and your round won’t take over three hours. It’s not Wildhorse but it’s pretty **** good for under $50. You’ll be glad you stopped.



    I HATE SNOW will vouch for it.



    I was able to still acces the member area and read KRS’s post. Took me a while to remeber, I played in a tournament with him in Wyoming earlier this year.
    Posted:

  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members  1605WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,605 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #1677
    masamitsu wrote:



    To amend my previous post, I'm bummed that Murphy is aerating on Friday the 14th, so I can't play there like I'd planned. Anyone got suggestions (outside of Riverdale) for a decent round that's in shape right now and not more than about $40 walking?



    I'm willing to drive a little. Original plan was to hoof it to play Wild Horse, but I'm not sure I feel like driving that far to play on Saturday and turn around. Walnut Creek is my first choice, but looks like they're booked through the morning (hmmm).




    Holy cow, I had no idea where Wild Horse was so I had to map it. You're def dedicated to make that drive to play. I'd do it but would stay overnight and make a weekend out of it. Understand if that's not an option.




    I could, and was planning to originally, but I'm not sure I feel like putting in the time now. I just want to play 18, go home, drink a few beers, play some video games, work a little, wake up, repeat. I'm always working when I'm on the road, and rarely am I at home without the family, so I'm taking the chance to do a whole heap of nothing.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members  1605WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,605 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #1678
    Dancin wrote:



    To amend my previous post, I'm bummed that Murphy is aerating on Friday the 14th, so I can't play there like I'd planned. Anyone got suggestions (outside of Riverdale) for a decent round that's in shape right now and not more than about $40 walking?



    I'm willing to drive a little. Original plan was to hoof it to play Wild Horse, but I'm not sure I feel like driving that far to play on Saturday and turn around. Walnut Creek is my first choice, but looks like they're booked through the morning (hmmm).




    Wow. Day trip to Wild Horse. I've driven pretty far for golf day trips, but that's dedication to even consider that. I think Walnut has a tournament that day, plus they just aerated this Monday and Tuesday. Legacy Ridge aerates in the spring and won't be aerating this fall.



    If you're looking for something different and willing to drive, I have no idea on current conditions, but why not Four Mile Ranch? I believe it's $40 with cart and they have a cheaper replay rate if you wanted to make a 36 hole day out of it.




    Four Mile Ranch looks nice. That's a drive I'd be willing to make on Saturday. Might just play GVR on Friday since I'm dropping the family off at the airport in the AM anyway.
    Posted:
  • DancinDancin Members  365WRX Points: 114Handicap: 8Posts: 365 Greens
    Joined:  #1679

    Dancin wrote:



    To amend my previous post, I'm bummed that Murphy is aerating on Friday the 14th, so I can't play there like I'd planned. Anyone got suggestions (outside of Riverdale) for a decent round that's in shape right now and not more than about $40 walking?



    I'm willing to drive a little. Original plan was to hoof it to play Wild Horse, but I'm not sure I feel like driving that far to play on Saturday and turn around. Walnut Creek is my first choice, but looks like they're booked through the morning (hmmm).




    Wow. Day trip to Wild Horse. I've driven pretty far for golf day trips, but that's dedication to even consider that. I think Walnut has a tournament that day, plus they just aerated this Monday and Tuesday. Legacy Ridge aerates in the spring and won't be aerating this fall.



    If you're looking for something different and willing to drive, I have no idea on current conditions, but why not Four Mile Ranch? I believe it's $40 with cart and they have a cheaper replay rate if you wanted to make a 36 hole day out of it.




    Four Mile Ranch looks nice. That's a drive I'd be willing to make on Saturday. Might just play GVR on Friday since I'm dropping the family off at the airport in the AM anyway.




    It's pretty neat. Typical crazy Engh course plus no bunkers if you suck out of the sand. Lots of tiers on the greens that you need to hit the right section on. Lots of blind shots. Bring snacks and a sandwich if you're planning 36. They usually have someone come and sell hot dogs/brats on the weekend, but if they don't come, there isn't a restaurant and they only have chips etc..
    Posted:
  • seven deweyseven dewey Members  563WRX Points: 105Posts: 563 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #1680
    Wow, lots to catch up on. Sad to hear about Thorncreek, it used to be on our regular Northside rotation years ago. I can't even remember when I've played it last. In fact this year has to be the least variety of courses I've played in the last 10 years. I did get to play two mountain courses at least.



    So glad that the Links doesn't punch the greens in the fall. Have our Ryder Cup the same weekend of the real Ryder Cup. I will not get any sleep that weekend and will probably play like crap, but it is by far the single best thing about our mens league.
    Posted:
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ontheroad292ontheroad292 Members  11WRX Points: 35Posts: 11 Bunkers
    Joined:  #1681
    Just stumbled upon this thread and figured I'd introduce myself as a fellow Denverite.



    Caddied outside of Chicago for 10 years growing up and moved out here about 4 years ago. Been playing on and off since then, but got the itch this summer and have probably gotten 20-25 rounds in. Broke 80 for the first time ever - with a triple - while I was at it over at Commonground a few weeks back.



    Tinkering with a few clubs in my bag since I'm not as nimble as I was when I built my bag as a caddie (anyone have a stiff 910 or 983 lying around?), but so happy we live in a state that I can play for the next few months and get things dialed in.



    Playing Riverdale Dunes for the first time this Sunday - glad to be back on WRX after all these years, nice to meet you all in advance.
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 910D2 - 9.5* driver[/font]
    Taylormade R9 TP - 13* T3 wood
    Titleist 585H - 17* hybrid
    Titleist AP2 - 4-W irons
    Vokey SM6 - 52* | 56* | 60* wedges
    Ping Anser "Karsten Co" putter
82
This discussion has been closed.