Colorado WRX 2018

1767778798082»

Comments

• CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,780 ✭✭
    edited Dec 30, 2018 #2432
    007iron wrote:

Dancin had over 200; I’d say even 220. He may remember. Left rough above a bunker. Great shot to the back of the green. Made a 30-35 footer.

Krushh had probably 150-160 in... probably hit it to 8-10 feet.

Had to ask to see if Krush is slackng LOL Krush / McG played CG I think Krush was 80 yards away... I was like 100 and McG was around 140 or so. We had some nice wind helping us =)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,478 ✭✭
    Dancin wrote:

Joker91 wrote:

So apparently I'm going to play either Saturday or Sunday. My wife told me to!

I just had a laugh when I thought "Well I haven't played Fossil Trace in three years. Maybe I'll go there." Then I looked at prices. They want $70(!!!!!!!) for a weekday time. What a joke. And I bet their bunkers are covered.

Yup 90% of them are covered. Played there last weekend. They have ropes around the greens too to keep the deer off of them. I think that course is overpriced all year.

Those are cart rates and include $19 for the cart, so $51 to walk in the morning. They start their twilight at 12 in the winter for $45 with cart or $26 to walk which is the only time I go and play there.

I hate that that's not advertised in any way. And I agree, that course costs far too much in almost every instance.
  • TheKrushhTheKrushh Members Posts: 1,017 ✭✭
    CDM wrote:

007iron wrote:

Dancin had over 200; I’d say even 220. He may remember. Left rough above a bunker. Great shot to the back of the green. Made a 30-35 footer.

Krushh had probably 150-160 in... probably hit it to 8-10 feet.

Had to ask to see if Krush is slakcing LOL Krush / McG played CG I think Krush was 80 yards away... I was like 100 and McG was around 140 or so. We had some nice wind helping us =)

I hit sand wedge from 133. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Ping G400Max 10.5 ADGP 7X
    Taylormade R15 17 Speeder 7X
    Srixon U85 3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
    Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
    Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5
  • seven deweyseven dewey Members Posts: 536 ✭✭

Dancin wrote:

Joker91 wrote:

I just had a laugh when I thought "Well I haven't played Fossil Trace in three years. Maybe I'll go there." Then I looked at prices. They want $70(!!!!!!!) for a weekday time. What a joke. And I bet their bunkers are covered.

Yup 90% of them are covered. Played there last weekend. They have ropes around the greens too to keep the deer off of them. I think that course is overpriced all year.

Those are cart rates and include $19 for the cart, so $51 to walk in the morning. They start their twilight at 12 in the winter for $45 with cart or $26 to walk which is the only time I go and play there.

I hate that that's not advertised in any way. And I agree, that course costs far too much in almost every instance.

I’d gladly pay $70 to play Fossil over paying $40 for Murphy image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> (sorry I couldn’t help myself)

But I’d probably make the drive north to play Mariana Butte over both of them
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,315 ✭✭
    Fossil Trace is one of the few Jim Engh courses that I don't like. Then again I'm not crazy about Common Ground. Love Mariana though.
  • LooperConLooperCon Caddie at Bandon Dunes Loveland, ColoradoMembers Posts: 221 ✭✭
    edited Dec 30, 2018 #2437
    Surprised so many of you guys like Mariana, especially for the price....maybe I played it too much in high school, maybe 18 just leaves a bad taste in my mouth as a terrible finisher, or maybe Im jaded from my time working at the courses in Loveland, but highland meadows blows it away in every aspect IMO.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited Dec 30, 2018 #2438

Dancin wrote:

Joker91 wrote:

I’d gladly pay $70 to play Fossil over paying $40 for Murphy image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> (sorry I couldn’t help myself)

But I’d probably make the drive north to play Mariana Butte over both of them

Ha! Fossil's not high on my list, but I don't mind playing it once a year if the price is right.

Never got out and played this weekend. Looks like 2018 is officially done. Now to wait to play again until February or March...
  • stoneydukesstoneydukes ClubWRX Posts: 323 ClubWRX
    Managed to squeeze 18 in at Broadlands this afternoon for $30 with cart. Played the G400 driver for the first full 18 and it's staying in the bag. Up and Down round but the wind and temps held out for the most part.

Wishing all my CO brethren lower scores in 2019.

Cheers!!
    TaylorMade M5 Tour AD TP6S or HZRDUS Smoke 70S
    Cobra F7 3-4 15.5* Fujikura Pro 65S
    Cobra F7 3H Fujikura Pro 75S
    Srixon Z785 4-PW Modus 120S
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50, 54, 60
    EvnRoll ER2
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Fear the Power Draw Parker, COMembers Posts: 1,390 ✭✭
    I picked up a nice Odyssey putter for cheap on BST. Shame I probably won't use it until April. See you all in 2019!
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
    Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

I picked up a nice Odyssey putter for cheap on BST. Shame I probably won't use it until April. See you all in 2019!

Nice!

You want the honor of closing out the 2018 thread? I'll start 2019 tomorrow at some point if no one gets to it.

Just like Stoney said, cheers to lower scores in 2019 for all of us!
  • 1t2golf1t2golf Marshals Posts: 3,246 mod
    edited Jan 1, 2019 2:15pm #2442
    Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi
This discussion has been closed.