2018 Club Cameron Kit

Comments

• buckrogers71buckrogers71 Members Posts: 281 ✭✭
    MUST...resist...temptation...
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 254 ✭✭
    dbbowen2 wrote:

phi482 wrote:

I just got one. I hadn't joined in several years. I'm just here the bag and the Masters release.

You and me both. My luck, ill miss the masters release, but the bag will be totally worth it. He only does special headcovers for the larger events right, like majors?
    No, he has many releases throughout the year, not just the majors. There will be one next week for the Sony.
    Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    I'm really just looking forward to getting a carry or cart bag this year at some point. This Sunday bag does nothing for me. I feel like a lot of people will be let down once they get it in the mail too. It's going to be a flimsy piece of cordura (or the like) with a hard plastic bottom. It won't stand up on it's own. You won't be able to use this as storage in your office/closet.
  • toms1090toms1090 TOMS1090 Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Well that was an impulse buy. Hopefully the Sunday bag is good.
  • SPY ZINGERSPY ZINGER Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭
    edited Jan 3, 2018 #126
    Anyone have success with a Titleist Sunday bag attached to a riding cart? Possible?
  • kerila07kerila07 Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    SPY ZINGER wrote:

Anyone have success with a Titleist Sunday bag attached to a riding cart? Possible?

Works just fine all you do is put the cart strap through the handle and it holds it up
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,691 ClubWRX
    I'm in again for the first time in a while. Not a huge fan of the bag and I'm not sure I'll keep it but I'll be able to recoup costs easy if I sell it. The bag last year was nice but I didn't want the camo. I still use my bag from the 2004 release all the time. It's probably the best release ever IMO.
    M3 9.5°  Ventus 6-X
    M5 15°  GD Tour AD IZ-7X
    818H2 19°  HZRDUS 85 6.5
    790 UDI  PX Catalyst 6.5  -or-  TP UDI 3  PX HB6
    790 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D 62M  DG 115 / KBS Tour 120
    Mann MA/66

(¬¬) WITB Link
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,721 ✭✭
    jacobEDGE wrote:

I'm really just looking forward to getting a carry or cart bag this year at some point. This Sunday bag does nothing for me. I feel like a lot of people will be let down once they get it in the mail too. It's going to be a flimsy piece of cordura (or the like) with a hard plastic bottom. It won't stand up on it's own. You won't be able to use this as storage in your office/closet.

Overwhelming majority know exactly what a Sunday bag is and thousands of people use them every weekend to play golf. If walking I prefer a Sunday bag to a modern stand bag. And they work just fine on a cart
  • nickosbadnickosbad Members Posts: 314 ✭✭
    I use a Ming moonlite when I go to the range...just pull 5 or 6 clubs out and chuck the small bag in the boot....seriously tempted this time round and use the bag as my new range bag!
    Cobra F9 Yellow 9' HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
    Cobra F9 Tour 4-5 HXRDUS Smoke 6.0
    Taylormade P790 #3 C-Taper 120 Stiff
    Taylormade P770 4-PW C-Taper 120 Stiff
    Nike Engage 52' Square
    Nike Engage 56' Square
    Nike Engage 58' Dual Sole
    Nike Engage 60' Toe Sweep
    Taylormade Spider X Copper
    Ping Anser Nickel
    Ping DLX Cart / 4 Series White Tour Carry Bag
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    iteachgolf wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

Overwhelming majority know exactly what a Sunday bag is and thousands of people use them every weekend to play golf. If walking I prefer a Sunday bag to a modern stand bag. And they work just fine on a cart

Guess I'm just extra picky then. I replaced my stand bag because the legs were having an issue opening and expanding when I set it down. It was an otherwise perfect bag. Guess the thought of setting it down and having legs to prop it up just sounds better to me than laying a back down completely.

I also can't fathom playing a round of golf without my full 14 club bag.
  • AlmostscratchonceAlmostscratchonce Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    I'm really starting to dislike this place and the impact it has on my wallet! Not wildly in love with the headcover, and no logical use for the sunday bag (but really like the look of it)...

Order placed this morning.
  • Mr. WolfeMr. Wolfe Members Posts: 464 ✭✭
    Just ordered because I am sheep. image/bye.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' /> Looks like a good kit!

Mr. Wolfe
  • chmcoopechmcoope Members Posts: 86
    Had to order this. Passed on last years. I never really thought about using a Sunday bag but might have to set one up for this bag.
    Titleist 915D3 9.5
    TM R15 15* 3 Wood
    TM R15 19* 3 Rescue
    Titleist 714 AP2 Project X 6.0
    SM6 54, 58
    Custom Scotty Cameron Select Newport 35"
  • Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,771 ✭✭
    jacobEDGE wrote:

iteachgolf wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

Guess I'm just extra picky then. I replaced my stand bag because the legs were having an issue opening and expanding when I set it down. It was an otherwise perfect bag. Guess the thought of setting it down and having legs to prop it up just sounds better to me than laying a back down completely.

Stand bags are great, so are 14-club cart bags, so are Sunday bags. There's a role for all three in my lineup!

Sunday bags are great for toting a handful of clubs for a quick 9, and for toting around a handful of clubs for short game and range practice sessions.

Placed my order last night, this one looks sweet. First time Club Cameron member!
    Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design AD-IZ 6S
    Rogue 15  fairway stock PX Even Flow Blue S
    Rogue 21 4 hybrid stock Synergy S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 913 ✭✭
    I'm calling it now, SC's 2018 lineup of putters will be black.
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,721 ✭✭
    jacobEDGE wrote:

iteachgolf wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

Why couldn’t you use 14 clubs? I’ve always carried my full set in a Sunday bag when I’ve used one. As someone who lives in a windy area and caddied in the past, putting the bag on the ground is a non issue
  • zzyzxx33zzyzxx33 Members Posts: 1,145 ✭✭
    SPY ZINGER wrote:

I throw in an umbrella just to give it a bit more structure.
  • Long ShotLong Shot Members Posts: 505 ✭✭
    After not renewing since 2012 (still game that leather CC cover), I am back. The head cover looks like a stock offering, but the bag could be a winner. If not the bag alone will recoup the $100, I spent.
  • tnrts345tnrts345 Members Posts: 508 ✭✭
    Rory4Pres wrote:

I'm calling it now, SC's 2018 lineup of putters will be black.

I was thinking the same thing with new logo he used on the other accessories. Maybe hes moving to a more modern logo with this being a fresh lineup
    Driver- Taylormade M3 440 10* TI T1100 6.5 75g
    Fairway: Taylormade M4 15* TI HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 76g, Taylormade 18* Diamana Whitebaord 80g X
    Irons- Titleist 716 MB Project X 6.5
    Wedges- Vokey SM6 50* 54* 58* S400 TI Onyx
    Putter- Scotty Cameron Newport TEI3
    Ball- Titleist AVX
  • JJPIVJJPIV Members Posts: 156 ✭✭
    I’m in for the first time. I have considered getting into CC for a few years, but the Sunday bag convinced me. Looking forward to the first release next week!
    Rogue SZ 10.5, Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    TS2 15, Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    818 H2 19, Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
    718 AP3 4-5, PZ LZ 6.5
    718 AP2 6-PW, PX LZ 6.5
    Vokey SM7 50/54/58 
    Odyssey 2 Ball O-Works
  • dbbowen2dbbowen2 Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    WillyL wrote:

dbbowen2 wrote:

phi482 wrote:

I just got one. I hadn't joined in several years. I'm just here the bag and the Masters release.

You and me both. My luck, ill miss the masters release, but the bag will be totally worth it. He only does special headcovers for the larger events right, like majors?
    No, he has many releases throughout the year, not just the majors. There will be one next week for the Sony.

Im really hoping he does one for the Fedex St. Jude Classic. I would pay out the yang for it. Its got personal meaning to me, and I haven't seen one out there. There was one for the Shriners last year so there is some hope. I work there (St. Jude) and would bag that headcover for life
  • ry1808ry1808 Members Posts: 335 ✭✭
    My membership is up for renewal in July, what are the chances of the bag selling out by then?
  • blblco02blblco02 Members Posts: 567 ✭✭
    My m2 headcovers will look good in this bag.
  • Scooter McGavineScooter McGavine Members Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Just joined for the first time ever. Should be interesting. There are emails that go out when studio accessory offerings are coming? If so how early in advance do they go out? I think I remember reading it's like only a couple of hours beforehand.
  • ry1808ry1808 Members Posts: 335 ✭✭

Just joined for the first time ever. Should be interesting. There are emails that go out when studio accessory offerings are coming? If so how early in advance do they go out? I think I remember reading it's like only a couple of hours beforehand.

Best way is via Twitter. They send out a Tweet a day before. They then send another Tweet as soon as they go live. If you have a smart phone set up notifications from Scotty Cameron via Twitter. Usually released around 11am EST.
  • bigdave91bigdave91 Members Posts: 211
    ry1808 wrote:

My membership is up for renewal in July, what are the chances of the bag selling out by then?

I doubt it will sell-out. Then again, my membership was not going to be up for renewal until February 28, 2018. I went ahead and renewed my membership early just as a precaution. My membership now expires on 1/2/2019.
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,101 ✭✭
    bigdave91 wrote:

ry1808 wrote:

I doubt it will sell-out. Then again, my membership was not going to be up for renewal until February 28, 2018. I went ahead and renewed my membership early just as a precaution. My membership now expires on 1/2/2019.

Usually the kit sells out, especially early on, but it does become available again many times throughout the year. I'm quite surprised it's still available at this point given the popularity.
  • rsh0308rsh0308 Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    bigdave91 wrote:

ry1808 wrote:

Wait they don’t add 1 year to your previous expiration? Mine doesn’t end til March. I don’t want to waste 2 months of paid membership.
    My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9*, GD AD DI-6x
    Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*, White Tie x
    Taylormade Auroburner TP 3h, White Tie x
    Mizuno 850 Forged 4-P, DG TIS400
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
    Scotty Red X
  • bigdave91bigdave91 Members Posts: 211
    rsh0308 wrote:
    bigdave91 wrote:

ry1808 wrote:

Wait they don’t add 1 year to your previous expiration? Mine doesn’t end til March. I don’t want to waste 2 months of paid membership.

No it did not. I thought about waiting also. My thought was I will renew each year when it comes out anyway. I bought something from almost every release last year. Not to worried about losing 2 months.
  • phi482phi482 Members Posts: 1,004 ✭✭
    WillyL wrote:

dbbowen2 wrote:

phi482 wrote:

He usually has one release a month.

Jan - Sony Open

Feb - Valentine or Mardi Gras

Mar - St Patricks Day

Apr - Masters

May - Cinco

June - US Open

July - British

Aug - PGA

Sept - Ryder Cup

Oct - Halloween & Vegas

Nov - TCC

Dec - Christmas

He will have several surprises throughout the year like the Idaho and Louisiana Open on the Web.Com tour schedule.
    Titleist TS3 10.5 - Ventus 6x Tester
    Titleist TS3 3 wood - PX Smoke 6.5
    Titleist 718 AP3 3-iron - PX6.5 LZ
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-P - x100
    Vokey SM6 - 50.12, 54.14, 60.10 - s400
    Bettinardi SS3