Brooks Koepka

Comments

• MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,818 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

Vindog wrote:

BearQ wrote:

Lol guys forecasting a 27yo off a career year to barely win at all going forward. Top level shenanigans.

Too many reasons to steer clear of tour talk these days

It's just an opinion. When I see Brooks Koepka I see a player who finishes his career with less than 6 wins, even though it could be 2x that. I am not afraid of being wrong, and maybe he'll prove me just that!

I think this will be a common occurance in the years ahead. Emerging as dominant only to be swallowed up by the amazing depth of talent on the tour.

6 wins and a major is a great career moving forward on the PGA.

Brooks will be just fine. He has the game to win 1-2 times a year worldwide and be competitive in the majors.

Anyone saying he's a 'flash in the pan' hasn't paid much attention to his game or results.

I struggle to accept that 6 wins and a major is a great career! It's a good career and one that any of us on here would take over and over again but a great career is more than 7 wins over what is likely to be a 20 year plus career.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • LanglandsLanglands ScotlandMembers Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    Maybe going to a long putter is the answer.
    Callaway XR 10.5
    Adams Tight Lies 2 5W
    Callaway 3h
    Ping Eye 2 BeCu 4 iron
    Mizuno MP60 6 iron
    Mizuno MP53 8 iron
    Vokey 48
    Mizuno MPT Raw Haze 53
    Cobra King Black 60
    Ping Darby
  • Lacey UnderallLacey Underall Members Posts: 1,173
    Funny I was considering starting a thread on the same topic. Saw him interviewed before the Hero and he was raving about his game. Then finishes last, last. When a guy with his talent finishes last twice it can only be injury or lack of focus. Since he finished both tourneys I'm thinking its not an injury. Must have his mind somewhere else right now.
    2019 WITB
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub-Zero 10.5* - Project X Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic 15* - Aldila Rogue Max 85x
    2-PW: Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted
    52* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
    58* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind
    Putter: Odyssey Jailbird Mini
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭
    A Major win changes your life, it can be a Willett like situation, injury and lack of focus, it happens
  • pcs11pcs11 Members Posts: 1,168 ✭✭
    Man_O_War wrote:

bucky316 wrote:

wrist injury per rotoworld....

i thought he always travels with his girlfriend/fiance?

^ This is the underrated comment of the day.
    Honma 727 430 10.5° - UST Elements Chrome 65
    Callaway XHot 3Deep 14.5 ° - KuroKage Tini Proto 70
    Callaway X2Hot Pro 19° - Diamana B70
    Mizuno MP 18 FliHi (3-4) - Matrix Altus
    Mizuno MP 54 (5-9) - Nippon Modus 105
    Vokey 46° 52° 58° - KBS Tour 115
    Bettinardi BBF1 or Bettinardi Kuch2
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,334 ✭✭
    Sean2 wrote:

Two tournaments and he is done? lol

I remember a few years ago when McIlroy missed two cuts in a row and many opined his career was over. lol

McIlroy's career IS over.
    Boyhood, like measles, is one of those complaints which a man should catch young and have done with it, for when it comes in middle life it is apt to be serious. - P. G. Wodehouse
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.
  • TomBomb51TomBomb51 Members Posts: 422 ✭✭
    To think he is done because of 2 bad finishes is obscene. He will be fine and back to sneaking into the top 10 on Sunday in no time.
    2018 Taylormade M3 440 9* - Graphite Design AD IZ 6s
    2017 Taylormade M1 15* - Graphite Design AD DI 7s
    2017 Taylormade M1 hybrid 19* - Graphite Design AD DI 95s
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW - KBS C taper Limited
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50/54/58 - KBS 610
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5
    Titleist ProV 1x
  • RedWings1RedWings1 Members Posts: 327 ✭✭
    This morning on Sirius XM PGA show, M. Adams was saying the report is he has a very painful wrist injury (feels like he's being stabbed per Brooks). Doctors cannot find what's wrong with it over that last few weeks.

I bet it's has something to do with how hard he hits down on the ball through impact.

TaylorMade M4 Driver @9.5* - Fuji Pro TS 63s
    TaylorMade M4 3w 15* - Fuji Pro TS 73s
    TaylorMade M1 5w @ 20* - Fuji Pro TS 83s
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW - GD Pro S300
    Honma TW-W4 Wedges 50*, 54* & 58*/8* NS pro wedge Modus3 125
    Toulon Long Island w/ BGT Stability shaft @33.25"
    Bettinardi KM1 Standard w/ BGT Stability shaft @33.25"
    Srixon Z Star, BStone tourBX

• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,403 ✭✭
    RedWings1 wrote:

This morning on Sirius XM PGA show, M. Adams was saying the report is he has a very painful wrist injury (feels like he's being stabbed per Brooks). Doctors cannot find what's wrong with it over that last few weeks.

I bet it's has something to do with how hard he hits down on the ball through impact.

Needs to switch to DBs. Barbell bench mess you up.

brooks-koepka-golf-usopen-training11.jpg?itok=zpGzbh0p
  • Dr. BlockDr. Block Members Posts: 610 ✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

RedWings1 wrote:

Doesn't the smith machine make that kind of bench the safest of all?
  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,532 ClubWRX
    Smith Machine takes the stabilizer muscles out of it, which in turn hits the larger pectoral muscles more. But I believe can cause imbalance if done too much...

Plus you can bail out anytime on a Smith Machine by locking the hooks in - so yes it's quite safe.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
    Dr. Block wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

RedWings1 wrote:

Rofl. I never used one. What is it? I see some people standing in those things and thought it was an elevator or cosmic transporter or something ; )
  • downthemiddle22downthemiddle22 Some guy who's played beach golf for ten years Banned Posts: 52
    bscinstnct wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

RedWings1 wrote:

Rofl. I never used one. What is it? I see some people standing in those things and thought it was an elevator or cosmic transporter or something ; )

Real men don't use Smith machines. image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' />
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,701 ✭✭
    After reading this thread, I was overcome with self-astonishment that I actually agree with most of what I read. Even gave myself a WTF?

Koepka - a career underachiever.

bscinstnct wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

RedWings1 wrote:

Real men don't use Smith machines. image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' />

9d8727_b644b433974d402f897797415bb02827.jpg
  • Need4spdNeed4spd Members Posts: 1,531 ✭✭
    What struck me throughout the week was his constant regression. He went out and shot a 75 to fall even further. There aren’t even any signs of life.
    In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX
    TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110 M.S.I. 70X
    TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS TOUR Hybrid Prototype 95X
    Srixon Z965 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.12D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura 6M 
    Titleist ProV1X 
  • moonshinemoonshine 64 @ Augusta? No problem! North Charleston, SCClubWRX Posts: 6,356 ✭✭
    Need4spd wrote:

What struck me throughout the week was his constant regression. He went out and shot a 75 to fall even further. There aren’t even any signs of life.

I will reiterate point already made that his wrist is jacked and nobody can figure it out right now. Why he is playing and not resting it is beyond me.
    "We have learned that we must
    live as men, not as ostriches, nor
    as dogs in the manger." FDR
  • bigeasybigeasy Bigeasy Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2018 #49
    He was third in driving distance with a hurt wrist? Clearly he had his mind on whale watching!
    Cobra F6+ Graphite Design ADDI-6S 10D
    Cobra Flyz+ 14.5 degree, Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff
    Taylormade M1 19* hybrid
    Mizuno MP25 4-PW CTaperLite
    Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM6 S Grind 55* SM6 59* S Grind S-300
    Scotty Cameron GOLO 5 SS tour 2.0
     Srixon Z star, TP5, Prov1
    USGA Handicap 6.2
    GolfPride MCC Plus 4 and Tour Velvet Plus 4

USA! Love it or leave it!
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,633 ✭✭
    gvogel wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

Two tournaments and he is done? lol

I remember a few years ago when McIlroy missed two cuts in a row and many opined his career was over. lol

McIlroy's career IS over.

Lol
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members Posts: 15,060 ✭✭
    He'd rather be on a beach in Viet Nam.
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members Posts: 1,907 ✭✭
    RedWings1 wrote:

If that were the case then Sergio would have bionic wrist replacements by now. :p
    Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Titleist 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Fujikura Motore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X || Nike SQ2 13* Diamana Blueboard 83x
    Nike Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
    Mizuno MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-59 4i-PW 24*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
    Vokey Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
    Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

WITB Thread
  • JerseyBoyJerseyBoy Members Posts: 655
    TomBomb51 wrote:

To think he is done because of 2 bad finishes is obscene. He will be fine and back to sneaking into the top 10 on Sunday in no time.

Don't think he's done per se, but 32 strokes(?) off the leader in a non major event is a YUGE ouchie. In a field of what, 38, that's gotta hurt the big guy's ego.
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,721 ✭✭
    JerseyBoy wrote:

TomBomb51 wrote:

Don't think he's done per se, but 32 strokes(?) off the leader in a non major event is a YUGE ouchie. In a field of what, 38, that's gotta hurt the big guy's ego.

He also won an event by lapping the field less than 2 months ago. He will be fine
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,458 ✭✭
    TomBomb51 wrote:

Obscene but sadly the norm here and in the media. One win equals the next TW. One loss and your career is over. Its an epidemic in every facet of golf.
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,458 ✭✭
    edited Jan 9, 2018 #57
    iteachgolf wrote:

JerseyBoy wrote:

TomBomb51 wrote:

He also won an event by lapping the field less than 2 months ago. He will be fine

Nope, golf is easy and once you reach a certain level its expected that you hold that position and never go backward unless your career is over.
  • JerseyBoyJerseyBoy Members Posts: 655
    edited Jan 9, 2018 #58
    iteachgolf wrote:

JerseyBoy wrote:

TomBomb51 wrote:

Willett won a Masters, proving just about anyone can have an amazing run and then fall flat. So?
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,721 ✭✭
    JerseyBoy wrote:

iteachgolf wrote:

JerseyBoy wrote:

TomBomb51 wrote:

Willett won a Masters, proving just about anyone can have an amazing run and then fall flat. So?

I’d give him more than 2 events, one of which was meaningless, before declaring him finished. His ego isn’t fragile and 2 bad events isn’t gonna make him go off the deep end
  • ctmason_98ctmason_98 TOTALLY outta the bag... Members Posts: 1,827 ✭✭
    Vindog wrote:

BearQ wrote:

Lol guys forecasting a 27yo off a career year to barely win at all going forward. Top level shenanigans.

It's just an opinion. When I see Brooks Koepka I see a player who finishes his career with less than 6 wins, even though it could be 2x that. I am not afraid of being wrong, and maybe he'll prove me just that!

Eh, only been about 200 players who ever got to 6 wins.

You’re just playing the odds you sly dog...
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,500 ✭✭
    ctmason_98 wrote:

Vindog wrote:

BearQ wrote:

Eh, only been about 200 players who ever got to 6 wins.

You're just playing the odds you sly dog...

Okay okay okay, I'll sweeten the pot.

Instead of less than 6, I'll set the +/- at 5.5 Fair? image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip