Peloton Bike

NolesNoles Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭
Anyone have a Peloton Bike? I ordered one and it will be delivered in a week. Curious to hear how happy owners are with it. I joined the Facebook Group and everyone seems to love it. I'm hoping its the exercise routine that I can stick with.
Tagged:

Comments

• chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members Posts: 8,538 ✭✭
    I don't own one but know someone who uses them quite a bit at a local gym. She loves it and has toyed with the idea of getting one for herself. She even went to the actual gym in NYC and met a few of the instructors. Good folks.
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,583 mod
    I've used the app on my own spin bike for the last 18 months or so. I love it. I always intended to buy the bike at some point but the app is so good that for $12/mo I stuck with it.

Everyone I know that has the bike loves it though.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
  • NolesNoles Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭
    I can't wait for it to get here. Its probably going to kick my a** at first, but I need it!
    Got the bike today. Did a 20 minute beginner ride and it kicked my butt. I definitely liked it and I can see myself sticking with it. Its a great piece of equipment.
    Today is the 8th day I had the bike and I did my 7th ride this afternoon. Already I can tell this was a great decision. I'm 44 and I haven't exercised since college. I can't wait to ride each time. I am planning my rides days in advance. I feel so much better at the end of each ride. My HR is not elevating as quickly as it did in the first 2 rides and it has prompted me to eat a little better as well. I've been snacking less and making better choices. I was worried I would eat more with all the exercise but I am actually eating less. I've lost 2-3 lbs already. Can't wait to see the results when I am 25, 50 or 100 rides in!
  • jamiejamie Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,137 ✭✭
    Noles wrote:

Today is the 8th day I had the bike and I did my 7th ride this afternoon. Already I can tell this was a great decision. I'm 44 and I haven't exercised since college. I can't wait to ride each time. I am planning my rides days in advance. I feel so much better at the end of each ride. My HR is not elevating as quickly as it did in the first 2 rides and it has prompted me to eat a little better as well. I've been snacking less and making better choices. I was worried I would eat more with all the exercise but I am actually eating less. I've lost 2-3 lbs already. Can't wait to see the results when I am 25, 50 or 100 rides in!

Nice work!!
    PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G400 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
    PING I200 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
    PING Cadence Ketsch TR CB 35"
  • CVA19CVA19 Members Posts: 197
    Reviving this topic a bit. Ours arrived about 3 weeks ago and we've been extremely motivated to use it. My fear with these types of purchases (especially at the relatively high cost) is that we'll lose interest over time. I have to say that so far my usage is increasing, not decreasing. It's really cool to see yourself progress relative to others in the class. I can agree with the OP that it's a real butt kicking.... I'm absolutely drenched and exhausted after each ride.
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,143 ✭✭
    Dont you want to work out your

Upper body too?

; )
  • S.A. OSOS.A. OSO steady, steady........ Members Posts: 260 ✭✭
    I have the bike and it's expensive and the monthly fee is steep. That said, I usually use it every other day and think it is a great workout. The thing I like about it is that you can you keep progressing on it and improving. The instructors are good and they have a wide variety of them. I figure if it keeps me pushing myself then that is good.
    Driver - R15 430; Fuji Speeder Evolution 757 Tour Spec S; 10.5
    3 Wood - AeroBurner TP HL; Matrix White Tie 70x4; 16.5
    Hybrid 1 - Mizuno T-Zoid FLI-HI - 21
    Hybrid 2 - Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrid; 25
    5 iron to PW - Maltby MMB
    Wedge 1 - Maltby Tour Grind MG; 52
    Wedge 2 - Maltby CER; 56
    Wedge 3 - Maltby M-Series; 60
    Putter - Maltby Pure-Track Tour Milled Blade
  • ESPESP ClubWRX Posts: 628 ClubWRX
    Curious about the bike but haven't looked into the subscription service. Do you have to subscribe, or only to get the classes? If you don't have to subscribe, would you want the bike without the subscription or are the streaming classes the whole point?
    M3 440 10* Aldila Tour Green S<br />M3 3w MRC Pro White 70 TX<br />SLDR 17* Black Tie Stiff<br />JPX 900 Tour (4-9), C-Taper 120S<br />Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58, C-Taper 120S<br />Bettinardi BB0 DASS
  • AdmhowarthAdmhowarth ClubWRX Posts: 391 ClubWRX
    Have one at home and it is a real savior. I have a hectic work schedule and I can hop on any time and get a ride in. 20 min, 30 min, 45 min - whatever I can fit in. Great to have a sweat and can see the change in my legs. Looking forward to see how it translate to the golf course.

I also need someone to yell at and motivate me or else I would always stop at 20 min.
  • GRPuttGRPutt Members Posts: 2
    My wife ordered one last year and I was definitely skeptical given the price point. 8 months later and I love it. Having other people you know with them helps too since you can compete for higher scores on rides.
  • Judge440Judge440 Titleist will always have my heart. ClubWRX Posts: 2,070 ClubWRX
    What's the deal on setup for these?
    Titleist TS2 9.5* - Fujikura Atmos TS Black 6X
    Titleist 917F2  15* - Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 7X
    Titleist 818H1 19* - Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X
    Titleist 718 AP2 - PX LZ 6.5
    Titleist SM7 Raw - 50.12F | 54.14F | 60-12D - TI S400
    SC Tour Rat

WITB Link

https://www.instagram.com/judge44o/
  • KCHENDKCHEND Members Posts: 10 ✭✭
    So, how many of you guys still riding the peloton? I kinda hit a wall the last few rides but still saddle up 3-4 days a week.
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members Posts: 5,429 ✭✭
    Looks to me that you can buy a good quality entry level carbon fiber frame road bike and a good trainer for winter use for the price of this thing plus you don't have the monthly fee for the on-line hook-up.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose, but I'll stick with the real bike and getting outdoors for a real ride. Want some social interaction; join a cycling club. If that's not your cup of tea, then join the local Y and take a spinning class.
    Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

Titleist 913 D2 12°
    Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°
    TM '09 Rescue 25°
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56°
    Rossa Tourismo 3 counterbalanced 37"
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,583 mod
    scomac2002 wrote:

Looks to me that you can buy a good quality entry level carbon fiber frame road bike and a good trainer for winter use for the price of this thing plus you don't have the monthly fee for the on-line hook-up.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose, but I'll stick with the real bike and getting outdoors for a real ride. Want some social interaction; join a cycling club. If that's not your cup of tea, then join the local Y and take a spinning class.

Seriously? Good for you. Then go start a thread on cycling clubs and post all you want.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
  • raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members Posts: 3,520 ✭✭
    edited Jan 27, 2019 6:36pm #18
    scomac2002 wrote:

I’ve spent a good chunk of the last 30+ winters riding rollers, and felt the same way that you do. Then my wife got a peloton, and I hardly ever put the bike on the rollers any more. Even compared with Zwift, the Peloton is just a better and more engaging user experience. It’s a more fun workout.

In the summertime, I’ll generally be on the bike outdoors; but Peloton is a huge step forwards for indoor work.
    I was second guessing it also,as I just bought nice mountain bike and was all over the place with it. But my wife really wanted to try the peloton and with MS couldn’t blame her. She is 250 plus rides and hitting PR’s all the time now! It’s been life changing for us.
    Glad to hear that this is working out so well for you folks.

Titleist 913 D2 12°
    TM '09 Rescue 25°
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56°
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,307 ✭✭
    scomac2002 wrote:

Some people (such as myself) live in places that are just not conducive to riding on the road. Around here, it is a good way to get killed.
    bigred90gt wrote:

scomac2002 wrote:

Some people (such as myself) live in places that are just not conducive to riding on the road. Around here, it is a good way to get killed.

Yup! I understand that all too well! black%20eye.gif

Titleist 913 D2 12°
    TM '09 Rescue 25°
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56°
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    I already have someone telling me what to do all the time at home. I don’t need another person shoulting at me through a screen.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
  • BarfolomewBarfolomew #worstWRXer Members Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    How much are they?
    G30 LS
    M2 BMW
    XR 4 Hybrid
    OnOffOnAgain Kuros
    Cleveland Blob
    Square Strike
    SeeMore Butts
    New set of PXG’s
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Fighting! Members Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    My gym has some. I've done about six rides and enjoying a little more each time. The instructors are a little too peace n' love for my liking but they do make it easier to get a good workout. I think I like it better than running. You can go extremely hard on the bike, without pounding any joints.
    I forgot I started this thread. lol I've done around 370 rides. I lost 51 pounds and am in better shape than I have been in in a long time. If anyone wants to follow me, my username is CoachNolan. Such a great way to work out.
    Case23 for me!
  • Here comes the BoomHere comes the Boom Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    I just got one ....... My good friend is a manager at Peloton and if anyone here wants to get a bike PM me and he can get one for you where ever you live ( USA, Canada and the UK )
  • Sonja HenieSonja Henie Members Posts: 108 ✭✭
    I've had one since July. Truly awesome. The whole family uses it. I look forward to using it every day (although I don't). One cool benefit is that I'm discovering new and old music that I really like that I'm now listening to in the car.
    Agreed. I have a playlist on my ipod that is just from songs heard on Peleton.