Peloton Bike

2»

Comments

• Here comes the BoomHere comes the Boom Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    Love my new bike ..... riding it 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 943 ✭✭
    I do not have any exercise stuff because I`m way to lazy, but the thought crossed my mind once.Since spending (for me at least) over 2k on a bike that doesn`t even have tires seems slightly insane I found this alternative for the not so free spenders.

https://www.sippingandshopping.org/my-peloton-bike-alternative/
  • KCHENDKCHEND Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Can’t think of it like that, we looked at it like a gym membership for a family. Plus you can get a workout anytime
  • NolesNoles Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭

I do not have any exercise stuff because I`m way to lazy, but the thought crossed my mind once.Since spending (for me at least) over 2k on a bike that doesn`t even have tires seems slightly insane I found this alternative for the not so free spenders.

https://www.sippinga...ke-alternative/
    People have to do what is right for them. For me, this was the best money I ever spent. I'll spend more for the convenience of getting everything together as opposed to peace mealing things together. Also, without the bike, you miss out on the platform and metrics which is what separates it from other pieces of equipment. Seeing your metrics on the screen, and having them compared to other riders or to your own personal history is incredibly motivating.
  • BankerBanker Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    I got mine a few weeks ago. I love it. I’ve used it almost every day since. Easy to stay motivated and i get that high riding the bike that i could never get running. Did my first 45 minute ride last night.... it wears you out, for sure.
    M1 10.5*
    RBZ Stage 2 14*
    Adams Idea Pro 18*
    Ping I25 3-UW
    Ping Tour S 54* & 60*
    Piretti CW II
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,692 ClubWRX
    The app is looking intriguing to me - have a bike and a trainer I can attach it to already. Just need a bracket for my phone.

The convenience of the actual Peleton bike is really tempting and I know the reviews they allow on their site are extremely positive, but a little research shows a ton of issues with delivery/install/and customer service for the actual bike from folks that don't get to post reviews on their site. Hard to reconcile so giving me pause.

May try the app and go from there!
  • BankerBanker Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

The app is looking intriguing to me - have a bike and a trainer I can attach it to already. Just need a bracket for my phone.

The convenience of the actual Peleton bike is really tempting and I know the reviews they allow on their site are extremely positive, but a little research shows a ton of issues with delivery/install/and customer service for the actual bike from folks that don't get to post reviews on their site. Hard to reconcile so giving me pause.

That’s exactly what i did too, just with my treadmill. A peloton running class vs the c25k app and my ipod was night and day, so I ordered the bike after a few classes.

I think most of the deliveries are outsourced. The bikes are heavy as **** & the guys were pretty happy mine was staying on the 1st floor. They had a few good stories about delivering to difficult people. I wasn’t crazy that they both reeked of cigarettes but they were nice and it was ready to roll in 10 minutes. I gave them each $20 for their help considering my house is kind of out in the country.

Haven’t had any interaction with customer service.
    M1 10.5*
    RBZ Stage 2 14*
    Adams Idea Pro 18*
    Ping I25 3-UW
    Ping Tour S 54* & 60*
    Piretti CW II
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

What are the complaints? I'm sure delivery and install varies depending on who happens to bring your bike but I had 2 guys that were awesome. One even left me his cell number in case I had any questions after he left. I haven't had much need for customer service aside from my HR monitor strap coming apart and they sent me a new one immediately.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,692 ClubWRX
    Noles wrote:

Hawkeye77 wrote:

What are the complaints? I'm sure delivery and install varies depending on who happens to bring your bike but I had 2 guys that were awesome. One even left me his cell number in case I had any questions after he left. I haven't had much need for customer service aside from my HR monitor strap coming apart and they sent me a new one immediately.

Glad you had a good experience.
  • avguyavguy Replacement Player Sonoran Desert, AZMembers Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Not in the market, but as a fitness geek, love this concept and equipment! Is this bike in the class of build quality as those fine workout orbital trainers from NordiTrack?

Those of you golfers on here using Peloton should easily be able to adapt into a golf outing using one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHGAE4rhHHk

I only need the hitch attachment as I ride a ridiculously expensive mtn. bike now, transitioning out of a long running career with shot knees.

If everybody could ride the course on such bikes.....just seems like a fantastic way to play and spend day.
    BAG ONE:                                                                                                                     BAG TWO:
    D-Titleist 917 D2  or 910 D2                                                                                           D-Srixon Z355 
    3-TM RBZ ts                                                                                                                   3-TM R11ti
    H-Titleist 915 H1 17, Titleist 816  H1 21, Bridgestone Precept ECU 25                        H-TM 2.0 SF 18 & 21, Cobra AC 25
    I - TM M5 5-PW Modus 105S                                                                                        I - TM P790 5-PW KBS CTLS
    W- Mizuno 52, Vokey SM6 58                                                                                       W- Mizuno 53, & 58
    P-Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                                                         P-Guerin TS Black 370

• greggreg Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Seems like a lot of money for a bike with one wheel. ;-)
    avguy wrote:

Not in the market, but as a fitness geek, love this concept and equipment! Is this bike in the class of build quality as those fine workout orbital trainers from NordiTrack?

Those of you golfers on here using Peloton should easily be able to adapt into a golf outing using one of these: https://www.youtube....h?v=IHGAE4rhHHk

I only need the hitch attachment as I ride a ridiculously expensive mtn. bike now, transitioning out of a long running career with shot knees.

If everybody could ride the course on such bikes.....just seems like a fantastic way to play and spend day.
    Seems like a terrible idea. No interest in mixing cardio and golf.
  • avguyavguy Replacement Player Sonoran Desert, AZMembers Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Noles wrote:

avguy wrote:

Those of you golfers on here using Peloton should easily be able to adapt into a golf outing using one of these: https://www.youtube....h?v=IHGAE4rhHHk

Seems like a terrible idea. No interest in mixing cardio and golf.

image/huh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Seems like a massive misinterpretation....I think Golf Bike intent would be for agile movement of golfer + sticks around the course with less course impact than motor carts and less on the golfer than walking or pull carts. You can ride this thing like a granny with the bike & basket on her handlebars.

Sure, I workout; but bike riding is far less of an O2 demand than running....and I can make bike cruising or lolly biking (as it would be on the course) far easier on me than walking with simple intent.

Cheers to those driving carts to play and Peloton is really expensive.
    BAG ONE:                                                                                                                     BAG TWO:
    D-Titleist 917 D2  or 910 D2                                                                                           D-Srixon Z355 
    3-TM RBZ ts                                                                                                                   3-TM R11ti
    H-Titleist 915 H1 17, Titleist 816  H1 21, Bridgestone Precept ECU 25                        H-TM 2.0 SF 18 & 21, Cobra AC 25
    I - TM M5 5-PW Modus 105S                                                                                        I - TM P790 5-PW KBS CTLS
    W- Mizuno 52, Vokey SM6 58                                                                                       W- Mizuno 53, & 58
    P-Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                                                         P-Guerin TS Black 370

• Aaronwilson_95Aaronwilson_95 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    bigred90gt wrote:

scomac2002 wrote:

Looks to me that you can buy a good quality entry level carbon fiber frame road bike and a good trainer for winter use for the price of this thing plus you don't have the monthly fee for the on-line hook-up.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose, but I'll stick with the real bike and getting outdoors for a real ride. Want some social interaction; join a cycling club. If that's not your cup of tea, then join the local Y and take a spinning class.

Some people (such as myself) live in places that are just not conducive to riding on the road. Around here, it is a good way to get killed.

Villegas bikes from Jup -Miami , that’s a great way to get killed 😂😂

I don’t bike but thought I’d chime in with that