When Equipment Has Gone Too Far

1161718192022»

Comments

• storm319storm319 Members Posts: 3,771 ✭✭
    Nard_S wrote:

Putt lines are a function of speed. That it is what I meant by "80%".

Whatever, ..........thanks you guys cured me.

Ball speed is primarily impacted by club speed, so any perceived difference you see on the green are more a function of the archer, not the arrow.
  • farmerfarmer Members Posts: 7,853 ✭✭
    storm319 wrote:

There isn't a human alive who can read greens or aim a putter well enough that the tiny amount of mass multiplied by the force of gravity over the length of the putt matters. Never mind that he's claiming he was able to tell with his naked eye, which is even more ridiculous.

Agreed. Not to mention he could be striking the ball differently to compensate for the difference in perceived feel between the two balls. Inconsistencies with the wound ball (out of round, off center core) could have an impact as well.

What is even more ridiculous are the putting inconsistency complaints while claiming no distance loss off the tee image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    I can't imagine that a rubber band can be stretched, even in a vacuum, without suffering material fatigue. A 20 year old stretched rubber band cannot be the same as it was originally wound.