Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes.The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,292 mod
edited Jan 16, 2018 in Past Giveaways and Contests #1
**BELOW ARE RECAPS OF THE TRIP THAT HAPPENED LIVE, JANUARY 9-12, 2018**

GolfWRX and TaylorMade Golf are excited to announce the 2018 Driver Experience. 7 lucky members of GolfWRX to visit TaylorMade Golf for early access to TaylorMade’s new 2018 TaylorMade M3 / M4 drivers more than a month before they’re available at retail. They'll get to share their experience with the GolfWRX community before anyone else!

FROM TAYLORMADE GOLF

Want to experience our latest innovation and have the same reactions that our athletes had when we first showed them this new technology? Come be the first to be fit into TaylorMade’s new 2018 drivers before they’re at retail by entering for this exclusive event.

Expect some surprises along the way, too. We don't want to spoil everything, but here's a general outline:

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE

1/10/18 – Travel to Carlsbad + meet & greet with Team TaylorMade

1/11/18 – 1:1 Driver fittings + campus tour & sneak peeks

1/12/18 – Golf outing and departure

THE ATTENDEES

7 GolfWRX members will be joining us on this experience. They are:

Thanks to everyone who applied. Note one dropped last minute and we could not fill the spot in time.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,292 mod
    edited Jan 17, 2018 #2
    Each GolfWRX member is posting their write-up of their fitting etc from the TaylorMade Twist Face Experience. Below are some quick links to jump directly to them.

GOLFWRX MEMBER #1

RonSwanson (Kenton)

BIO QUOTE

Currently a 2 handicap with swing speed bouncing around in the mid to upper 110s. I play about 20-30 rounds a year now that I’m married with a 2 year old son, but I did play competitive golf in my high school and college days.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

My last fitting was in April of last year and I was fit for an M1 440 9.5 w/ HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5 shaft. The driver I brought with me was a Ping G400 10* LST w/ Diamana B 70 X.

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

M3 9.5 with the AD BB 7x

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 1

GOLFWRX MEMBER #2

blink3665 (Tim)

BIO QUOTE

I finished last season as a 15.2 handicap. I have a driver swing speed of between 90-95. Name a swing flaw and I probably have it. Over the top, early extension... those both describe me. I have a slow tempo and transition. I started playing golf about 6 years ago.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

Callaway XR16 stock Speeder 556 regular flex. 10.5* head set to 9.5* neutral setting.

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

Taylormade m4 with White Tie 55g Stiff flex. 9.5* head set to upright.

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 23

GOLFWRX MEMBER #3

scottaz (Scott)

BIO QUOTE

I finished this season as a 2.7. Putting and the short game are my strengths. My iron play is average. Driver ss is around 115-118. My normal miss is high toe and the left side of the course.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

PING G400 LST 8.5 on big minus. Kuro Kage Duel Core TX70 tipped ½”. 45.25”

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

TaylorMade M3 440 9>7.5. Fuji Atmos Black 8 TX tipped 1”. Both weights toe. 45.5”

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 24

GOLFWRX MEMBER #4

WHC888 (Calvin)

BIO QUOTE

Currently a 8 handicap with an average swing speed right around 100mph.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

Tour Issue 16' M2, 9.7* set @ LOWER setting w/ Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6s.

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

M3 440, 9* set @ 1 click before LOWER setting, moveable weight set at LOW & DRAW position w/ Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6s.

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 24

GOLFWRX MEMBER #5

dpb5031 (Dewey)

BIO QUOTE

Still feeling nifty for damned near fifty image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />! Finished the season with a 2.2 GHIN index and won my club championship for the first time this year after being a member for 23 years. Enjoy a little action on the course and truly play gear that I find to work best for me. Recently retired, I played over 100 rounds in 2017! My driver swing speed is ~110. My game is reasonably well-rounded with putting being a strength.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, 9 degrees, Standard Settings, Kuro Kage DC TiNi Silver Tour Stiff, 45.25" Length, GolfPride New Decade Black & White Grip

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

2018 M4 8.5 degrees, Standard "Neutral" Settings, Fujikura Pro 63 Tour Spec Stiff-Tipped 1", 45.25" Length, GolfPride New Decade Black & White Grip

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 26

GOLFWRX MEMBER #6

Cwing (Craig)

BIO QUOTE

Ended the season at 13.8 after starting the season at 12.1. I somehow developed a right to left ball flight that was sometime uncontrollable especially early in the season.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

Callaway Fusion in 10.5* w/Recoil 450ES F4 in 44.5” with 12 gram head wait played with head setting in standard neutral positions

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

TaylorMade M4 in 9.5* of loft turned up to the high setting with the Atmos 5 S-Stiff by Fujikura in 44.5*.

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 27

GOLFWRX MEMBER #7

Gamble Gamble (Chris)

BIO QUOTE

I finished my club’s tournament season as a 10.3, down from a 12.5 earlier in the year. My full shot game is very temperamental and when I can avoid hooks I play towards the top of my range. Typically my putting and short game are my strengths, but early in the season my chipping/pitching is very rusty.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

Ping G400 9* Tour ADDI 6X (I tinker between that and a Diamana 7X)

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

TM M3 10* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 7X

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 28
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
     Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX Posts: 1,717 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 17, 2018 #3
    The write ups posted so far have been fantastic and painted a perfect picture of the details of the trip. Really well done fellas. I was there and still found some new info in Calvin’s post. I know the membership appreciates his talent behind the camera as well. My sincere thanks to Jory, Ryan and the entire team at TaylorMade for their hospitality. The entire trip start to finish was top notch.

I tried to document my experience as it was happening, so I am going to keep this write up more equipment and fitting focused. Also, I believe I amone of the few that have received their Trackman data, so I wanted to get that up for the numbers guys.

My game and Driver:

Currently a 2 handicap with swing speed bouncing around in the mid to upper 110s. I play about 20-30 rounds a year now that I’m married with a 2 year old son, but I did play competitive golf in my high school and college days. I’ll post trackman data to give you guys a better idea, but if you’re curious my swing is also in the video from Calvin’s post (I’m the second guy from the right in the green shirt). I have played every 2016 and 2017 M1 and M2 driver (aside from the D-Type, which I still think is a good club) for at least a handful of rounds over the last couple years. I’ve had both retail and tour issue versions of most of them as well, so I feel like I have a solid knowledge of what a TM driver can/will do for me. Outside of TM, I’ve only gamed Ping drivers of the last several years. The driver I brought with me is a Ping G400 10* LST w/ Diamana B 70 X. Notice I did not say gamer. In full disclosure, I have never gamed this driver. In fact, I took the plastic off the head on the range at Aviara on Wednesday. I kind of blew up the top end of my golf back after my last round the first week of October and decided I wanted to try the G400 LST. I still don’t currently have a fairway wood.

My last fitting was in April of last year and I was fit for an M1 440 9.5 w/ HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5 shaft. I have the trackman data from the fitting to compare to the M3/M4 fitting. On perfect/very good strikes, the M1 440 was incredibly impressive, however with my practice time (none) it wasn’t as consistent as I needed it to be. I ended up playing most of the year with a M1 460 9.5 and experimented a little with the M2.

The Kingdom Fitting:

Final Build: M4 9.5, Tour AD BB 7x tipped 1". Set to standard loft, upright lie. Playing 45.5" at D4.

Trackman Data:

Kingdom Fitting

Final Build: M4 9.5, Tour AD BB 7x tipped 1". Set to standard loft, upright lie. Playing 45.5" at D4.

Also, in my opinion, the looks and feel of the M4 are much improved over the ’17 M2. The shape seems slightly more pear shaped and less flat than the ’17 M2. I had two ’17 M2 heads that I simply couldn’t bring myself to play because of the sound. I never thought twice about the sound of the M4. While I didn’t have any M1s to compare to the M3, the sound and shape felt similar to me while the cosmetic changes are nice.

Misc Fitting:

After the driver fitting, we had some time before lunch so Jason went through some fairway woods and driving irons. I started with the M4 tour after talking to him about my previous woods and what I was looking for out of a fairway. The M4 has a great look, but I didn’t hit it as consistently as I would like. That may have been due to the stock shaft, since it’s a glued head and the aftermarket selection was limited. Jason then fit me in the M3 3HL and it was perfect. I ended up in the AD BB 8x .5” short of standard. Launch and spin were great and the shorter shaft gave me the consistency I was looking for. I was also fit in the P790 UDI with an AD DI hybrid shaft.

I am happy to answer questions anyone may have and I look forward to the replies picking apart my Trackman numbers.
  • dpb5031dpb5031 Jupiter, FLMembers Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jan 9, 2018 #4
    Still can't believe I've been selected for this. I'm obviously thrilled and thankful to have been chosen!

We all head out for Carlsbad tomorrow morning but at this point we don't know much more than the basic itinerary described in the OP. If past trips are any indication, Taylormade and GolfWRX will not disappoint! Safe to say we're all dying with anticipation...
    USGA Index: ~1

WITB:
    Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green 
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • DNice26DNice26 Members Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats guys!!! Have fun! A great experience with lasting friendships.

Hopefully your landing into SD airport goes more smoothly than mine did! lol....

TaylorMade M6 10.5, Graphite Design 6X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade RBZ Tour Issue 18, Aldila Tour Blue 7X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8TX
    TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12, 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

• cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,777 ClubWRX
    Congrats guys. Looking forward to following along
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • tombergeytombergey ClubWRX Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to hear all about it. Will be following along from frozen PA. Congrats Scott!
  • scottazscottaz ClubWRX Posts: 1,925 ClubWRX
    Can't wait!!

Thanks again to GWRX and TaylorMade!

We've been communicating for a bit now and it seems like a great group.
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats boys - have too much fun !

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 4-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• jeffreyjenkinsjeffreyjenkins Members Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭
    Man, what an awesome experience! Congrats to the winners!
    TM M4 9.5 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 60X
    TM M6 15 Project X Even Flow Black 75 6.5X
    TM M4 Hybrid 19 KBS Tour Prototype Graphite 95X
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-9 TT S-400
    Titleist SM7 Raw 46.10, 50.08, 54.10, 60.10 TT S-400
    TM TP Collection Ardmore 2
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    looking forward to reading about the fun!
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    X Forged Utility 21* (bent 19*) KBS Prototype 95
    Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Toulon Austin Longneck Garage
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,862 ClubWRX
    Following along and hella jealous! Congrats!!!

LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS PLZ!!!
    M4 10.5°  Fujikura Ventus 6
    TS2 15°  Diamana S+ Ltd 70
    790UDI  PX Catalyst 80 -or- 818H2 19°  Motore Speeder 8.8TS
    0311T 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
    SM7 62M  KBS Tour
    custom putter
    Tour B XS

(¬¬) WITB Link
  • scottazscottaz ClubWRX Posts: 1,925 ClubWRX
    We're past all embargo dates, so nothing is off limits.

If anyone is looking for anything specific, let us know.
  • WHC888WHC888 Members Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jan 9, 2018 #14
    Kickoff 2018 with a BANG !! Thanks GolfWRX and TaylorMade Golf for this.
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamonds 9* w/ Fuji VENTUS
    Taylormade M5 Rocket 3 wood
    Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons KBS FLT
    Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons KBS C Taper Lite
    Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons KBS $ Taper

NIKE OVEN Engage Wedges 46* Mike Taylor Specials

ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet ws8C8Un.jpg
    ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 49* wedge / KBS $Taper
    ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 53* wedge / KBS $Taper
    ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 58* wedge / KBS $Taper

Taylormade P7TW on deck

xG7EixQ.png
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have fun guys! Hit some for me! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    All Mizuno bag for this year.
    ST-190 Driver, 3/5 wood
    919F 4-pw, gw Nippon 105R
    S18 54, 60
    SC NP2
    Srixon Z Star(2019)

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly!
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody show up with a bag of 14 drivers
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 
    Ping iWedge 50* Tour Concept x100
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • Gamble GambleGamble Gamble #TwistFaceExperience ClubWRX Posts: 3,573 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 15, 2018 #17
    The Taylormade Twistface Experience

I want to express the highest level of gratitude to those at Taylormade and Golfwrx that made this possible especially:
    • Jory – Global Communications for TM
    • Ryan – Consumer Engagement for TM
    • Rob – Golfwrx Moderator and **** of a guy to drink with when you're delirously tired
    • Tom – My fitter for Thursday
    • Mark & Team – Principal Engineer for TM's R&D
    • Scott – Global Brand Manager for TM
    • Brian – product development
    • Ben & team – Staff Engineers for TM's Golf Balls
    • Calvin, Craig, Dewey, Kenton, Scott & Tim for being excellent people to share this experience with

Day One: Arriving at Aviara and Argyles

The hotel was incredible, every detail from the layout to the decorations were perfect. After checking in we hit the range to take our first swings in months. Here are some pictures from the arrival:

Rory McIlroy

Day Two: Taylormade HQ

St. Andrews Room

Here we met Brian, TM's head of product development. He walked us through the genesis of the club and its specs. Here is what we learned, much of which has already been posted on this thread:
    • Taylormade believes this is the future of golf technology.
    • M4 has a 67% larger sweet spot than the 2017 M2
    • Twist face is created by increasing the loft and opening the face on the upper toe (neutralizes toe hooks) and doing the opposite in the heel (neutralizes the heel slice)
    • M4 D-Type is setup visually with a paint scheme to look neutral side by side you probably cannot tell the difference
    • TM has a "Vault" that houses all of the hyper-secret projects.

The Kingdom

Performance:

I'll never forget the first shot I hit with it, which was well out on the toe. I looked up and to the left to track the flight, yet the ball did not go left, to my surprise it was moving slightly RIGHT?! It was a slight 1 to 2 yard fade. I looked back at my fitter Tom and he sort of nodded in approval with a grin on his face when I said "I thought that one was going left." We dialed this in and when all was said and done I was getting 4 mph better ball speed and about 15+ yards on each shot from better launch conditions. Even a few shots which I hit horribly on the heel were very manageable slight fades.

Aesthetics:

I loved the look of the crown. My biggest complaint about the previous generations is that I dislike having white on the crown. It causes my GC2 to sometimes miss a shot and I think darker colors look better. The silver meets the carbon in a very nice sleek way while somewhat camouflaging the aerodynamic lift that is built into the carbon.

Sound:

The club has a very nice "thwack" sound without any hints of an aluminum bat sound. Even on mishits near the heel it sounds very solid.
    • Short Comparison to M4: I found that the M4 had a flatter trajectory and since we could not adjust the weights for shot shape correction, it seemed like the M3 was the winner for me.

Ball and Golf R&D 101

(PICTURES PROHIBITED)

Next up was the R&D section for clubs and balls. Here we met Mark, Ben and their teams who explained how their tour clubs and prototype balls are created. I am not sure how much detail I am allowed to give here but they can create the tour clubs to exceptional precision due to their use of computer based creation. Skynet is real, people.

Understandably we were prohibited to take any pictures in this section but their upcoming lineups will have some pretty game changing tech and some small tweaks that will be very useful.

Karl Strauss Brewery + In & Out Burger

At this point I was so run down I struggled to not pass out. Ryan, Jory and his crew were very generous with taking us out to two excellent, yet different venues to give us a sampling of what Carlsbad had to offer. Every meal I had in Carlsbad was excellent, even the cafeteria at TM made an outstanding omelette. By the time we went to in and out burger (after a few drinks) I was a zombie. I seriously don't think I have ever went out to get late night food while being that tired in my life.

Day Three: Aviara Golf

The course is beautiful. Great elevation changes and really interesting architecture, except #10 as Tim said earlier. I had the privilidge to play with Mark and Scott. Both guys were at scratch golfers or better. I think Scotts club head speed had to be 117+ which is probably why he was using the same shaft Sergio previously used. It was a Diamana Ahina 100g X flex. WTF?!? I didn't even realize they made shafts like that.

Mark was playing a prototype M driver and since I was in his cart, I got the 202 class on club creation. We spoke about the acoustics involved with club heads, possible futures of where golf club tech is going and other interesting topics about equipment. He even pointed me in the direction of Bob Rotella's books since he quickly realized I am one of the most neurotic people when I am playing at the bottom of my range. Both guys had interesting backstories (one has been training for his job since high school and the other managed a famous record label) and both were super patient with us as we shook off our rust from the previous 3 months.

Conclusion: This was easily the best golf trip I have ever went on. Being at Taylormade was awesome but it was the people who went that amplified the experience.

TLDR: TM has a winner in this Twist Face Technology. The trip was awesome and I am super thankful the people involved who made this a possibility.

Let me know if you have any questions!

NOTE: I have been viciously sick since flying back so it may take few hours before i respond. I had a 7 hour delay in my flight which killed my sleep cycle. I did not get back to my house until early Sunday morning due to some prior obligations and a few American Airlines snafus, they broke my taylormade golf bag while it was encased in my club glove. I had to return back to PHL international to rectify that, plus they would not let me get my debit card that I knew was in my seat from deplaning. I spent the better part of Saturday and early Sunday rectifying that
  • PowderedToastManPowderedToastMan Members Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When you guys go, ask to hit a driver with the exaggerated twist face demonstration model. We want negative loft on the low heel and 60 degrees of loft on the high toe!
    Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

In the bag:

PING. Lots of PING.
  • bombonera10bombonera10 Members Posts: 13
    scottaz wrote:

We're past all embargo dates, so nothing is off limits.

If anyone is looking for anything specific, let us know.

Could you please ask them what happens if your typical miss is a high toe fade/ push to the right? Does this twist face thing exaggerate that miss?

Thank you!
    edited Jan 15, 2018 #20
    FAQ

1. Could you please ask them what happens if your typical miss is a high toe fade/ push to the right? Does this twist face thing exaggerate that miss?

A. They built this club knowing it would significantly improve 80% of golfer's dispersion. In the rare instance that you hit a wipe slice from the toe, this may make it worse. Unless you have shown on trackman that you hit toe slices or heel hooks, generally this club tech will help you.
  • fairwayhunter31fairwayhunter31 BALL SPEED MATTERS Blue Bell, PAMembers Posts: 317 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! Congrats to all headed west!

TBD : 10.5° | TBD
    TBD : 15° | TBD
    Callaway APEX | 20° | Fujikura ATMOS HB TourSpec Blue 85
    Mizuno MP-20 HMB / MMC | 4 / 5-PW | Aerotech Steelfiber i110
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw | 50° - 54° - 59° | Nippon Modus Tour 115 Wedge
    TBD

• Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,539 ClubWRX
    Enjoy it guys! You deserve it!

Looking forward to lots of pictures and updates from the Kingdom!
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • nbg352nbg352 Members Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a great time guys!

( Wish I had read my emails......)
    R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
    Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
    RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
    Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
    GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
    54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,603 ClubWRX
    I can still get off work, will take that last spot.

get me a flight from Des Moines tomorrow morning, will be on it....lol.
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM NortheastClubWRX Posts: 5,516 ClubWRX
    Congrats on being selected guys. Like DNice said, the friendships from these trips late incredible. We still have a group text from ours that is active daily.

Glad to see my boy Gamble Gamble got picked!

Great group of members that were selected. Have a great time.
    "Grasshopper breaks wing
    soars with Master's healing words.
    Winter grounds him"

-Hawkeye77

Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016

Taylormade M6 10.5* Graphite Design AD DI 
    Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diamana Limited Edition 80g
    Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    Cobra 2019 King Forged MB/CB KBS $ Taper
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    [Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Welded Neck Custom (name TBD)

ig-badge-48.png
    nbg352 wrote:

Have a great time guys!

Oh no... don’t tell me you missed the congrats PM

If you want, fly to PHL and I’ll fit you in my club glove. That travel bag is roomier than my car.
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Are any of you lucky guys sub 95mph swing speed? If so can I get extensive feedback on launch/spin characteristics of both drivers.....with DJ stating M4 is flatter flight for him, I'm confused now...

Have fun!
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX Posts: 1,717 ClubWRX
    SwooshLT wrote:

Are any of you lucky guys sub 95mph swing speed? If so can I get extensive feedback on launch/spin characteristics of both drivers.....with DJ stating M4 is flatter flight for him, I'm confused now...

Have fun!

I imagine there is more to the story than just "M4 is flatter". My bet is there were loft/lie/face angle changes compared to this normal M1/M3 set up. At the very least he went with a 9.5* stamped head vs his normal 10.5* has had been playing.
  • nbg352nbg352 Members Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

nbg352 wrote:

Have a great time guys!

If you want, fly to PHL and I’ll fit you in my club glove. That travel bag is roomier than my car.

Yep I missed it.

As Roberto DiVincenzo once said, "I'm a stupid".............
    R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
    Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
    RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
    Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
    GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
    54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,603 ClubWRX
    Congrats guys, should be awesome, excited to hear feedback on the fittings.

nbg352 wrote:

nbg352 wrote:

Have a great time guys!

Yep I missed it.

As Roberto DiVincenzo once said, "I'm a stupid".............

**** man, that is unfortunate, sorry to hear that.
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
This discussion has been closed.