Cobra X Speed

Cobra X/Speed Driver

The fastest way to hotter, straighter drives has arrived!

All 460cc drivers are not created equal. Cobra's technology takes golf's largest clubface, the Hotter 9 Points, and makes it even bigger and hotter. The size and heat are speed tuned to your swing to optimize ball speed, launch, spin and accuracy. Speed drivers are not only bigger on the clubface - they're bigger down the middle of the fairway, too.

Largest 460cc Face Area

Maximum face flex across the game's largest, hottest face area generates Hotter 9 Points across the clubface and golf's only Hot Zone for increased ball speed and distance.

Wide-Body Sole Design

An Advanced Sole Design pushes the dual weighting system and the center of gravity back lower and deeper for greater MOI and forgiveness across all Hotter 9 Points.

MRLC Technology

The milled rhombus L-cup laser weld face insert allows for greater consistency and increased performance across the entire face.

Fast-Back Crown Design

Speed's unique crown design slants back, moving the center of gravity even lower and further back in the head to create a higher launch angle and low-spin ball flight for optimal launch and carry.

This driver is where the extreme speeds, extreme distance and extreme control merge.

X/Speed Drivers feature a square face and are tuned for accomplished, low-handicap players with extreme ball speeds that demand shot shaping ability.

X/Speed Drivers promote a neutral ball flight with low spin and high launch to maximize distance. In the end, the X/Speed Drivers help you go from being long to being really, really long and accurate.

Features a Cobra/Aldila NV-X/Speed Tuned 60g shaft and a Golf Pride Half-Cord 55D Durometer grip.

You need a driver tuned to your ball speed to maximize both your distance and accuracy. By matching your swing and ball speed to speed tuned club technology, the Speed series gives you longer, straighter drives. Select the X/Speed driver if these statistics fit your game:

* Current average drive: 265+ yds

* Current average swing speed: 104+ mph

* Ball speed: 150+ mph

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIs IS THE BEST DRIVER I HAVE EVER HIT!!!! AMAZING

Could you give us some detail as to what you were using prior to the X Speed and what makes it so amazing. I'm thinking about getting it for my father. Thanks in advance!

I WAS PLAYING the cleveland laucher 460/mizuno 001/callaway 454 and i tried just about every driver i could get my hands on.First off it looks great, such a large sweet spot that you wont notice at all if your not right in the center of the face. THE shaft is excellent i was suprised that it feels so good, most of the shafts that Alida made more a specific club i didnt think were that great. AND WAIT TILL U HERE THIS THING. HOPE THIS HELPS L

• 2 weeks later...

I have become a huge Cobra Driver Fan over the last 2 years. I currently have a 460sz with a penley eta shaft and just recently put a X Speed in the bag. The X speed had the stock NV shaft in it and ball flight was a little low along with low feel. I pulled shaft and put a Nippon GS pro shaft in it and have picked up another 5 or 10 yds over the old shaft and 10 to 15 over the 460. Very solid club with some workability.

[color=#008000]Titleist TS3 10.5 Diamana BF 60s
Titleist TS3 16.5* Diamana LTD Blue 70s
TS3 19* Hazrdus Smoke 80s (S)[/color]
[color=#008000]Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron $Taper 130 Soft Stepped
4-PW Mizuno MP20 MB $Taper 130 Soft Stepped
52* Vokey SM8 F Grind S200
58* Vokey SM8 K Grind S200 
Bettinardi BB-8w Raw[/color]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I put the X speed in my bag about a month ago. I have mixed feelings on it. 1st they claim that it is square but it sits closed at address ( I would guess one or two deg) 2nd the stock stiff shaft has a high kick point so you get a low ball flight. I knew that going in so I got a 10.5 deg. I'm not sure on the marketing on this but I think a lot of us still guess at what is best for us instead of going to get fitted. I know I'm one of the worst clubs ho's out here. So this club might feed some ego's. The Cobra also has a different setup with the position of it's hosel which is a little hard to get use to if you haven't played Cobra before. I have found so far that with my 105 - 110 SS the stiff stock shaft and the 10.5 deg was the best fit. Most of my mistake's are hard low pulls maybe 1 of 8. The club has great distance but is a little hard to work I think due to me being new to Cobra clubs. At this point I'm going to keep it in my bag for another 30 days but my feeling is when I look down at address it just doesn't feel right. Might go back to my Nickent 3DX with the stock NV 55 x shaft.

There is no way the face on the X speed is square. I have looked at a ton of these things in the stores and everytime I set it on the ground the face just rocks closed. The toe actually looks like it is angled forward. Can't stand the way these things look!

Now the HS9 on then other hand....

checked out the x-speed. i'm thinking unless u can get your hands on a tour issued head which will somewhat assure you that the head will be at least square and play with a somewhat accurate loft, everything else will be closed and of a higher loft than indicated. just like the callaways ... i tried the x460-tour and even that looks slightly shut, including the ft-3 tour.

• 4 months later...

I found it impossible to miss a fairway.

very difficult to work this driver.

high launch with lots of carry.

Once I got passed the loud crash cymbal sound I loved this driver. Most fun I have ever had driving a golf ball.

I loved it.

Taylormade M1 8.5* Fujikura Speeder 553 Tour Spec
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5* Aldila RIP Alpha
Titleist T200 4-7, T100s 8-PW KBS Tour
Scratch 8620 DD 47*, 53*, 60* Aerotech SF i110
Bettinardi Studio Stock 16

• 1 month later...

On Tarheel's post about the "1 degree closed face". I ordered the XX model from TGW thinking I was getting a "square" face. Lo and behold, when I opened up the box, I couldn't tell any difference between it and the F and X speed models which set up from 1 to 2.5 degrees closed. If Cobra is selling these as SQARE faced then they are telling an outright lie. They USED to make great drivers that set up fairly square and if I had to pick one, it would be one of the older models like the SS350 Tour. Sure this closed face makes the slicers with a 20 hcp happy, but why advertise the XX as a player's club, when it clearly isn't. This club is on it's way back to TGW for a refund!

• 1 month later...
On Tarheel's post about the "1 degree closed face". I ordered the XX model from TGW thinking I was getting a "square" face. Lo and behold, when I opened up the box, I couldn't tell any difference between it and the F and X speed models which set up from 1 to 2.5 degrees closed. If Cobra is selling these as SQARE faced then they are telling an outright lie. They USED to make great drivers that set up fairly square and if I had to pick one, it would be one of the older models like the SS350 Tour. Sure this closed face makes the slicers with a 20 hcp happy, but why advertise the XX as a player's club, when it clearly isn't. This club is on it's way back to TGW for a refund!

Mine sits square. Just cause it looks closed doesnt mean it is. Has anyone thought that the hosel is creating the illusion of a closed face

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a lefty X Speed Pro D in a 9.5 stiff By You and think this is a great driver. It is much more forgiving than the 905R and it is longer as well. I know some have said it is closed at address, but mine isn't. It looks square to me. Tee it low and I hit low bullet than run a mile. Tee it high and it launches high and still rolls some. I have hit the Burner TP and the HiBore XL Tour and like it better than both. Simply put this driver is a fairway finder with nice length.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Still play the 7.5* and love it. The shaft is becoming a bit weak for my swing when I want to lean into it (the stock NV-X stiff flex). Hard left. Other than trying to go caveman on it, it does drop bombs. Sounds like you're crushing a glass bottle when you hit it on the screws. I love the sound but others may not. Looks square at set up. I've seen others that don't. Weird.

Anyone have an opinion as to what shaft might be a good replacement without breaking the bank? SS can get into the 130's but average high teens to low 20's. Looking for lower spin and launch.

Thanks!

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a used 9.5 X Speed with the stock Aldila NV-X/Speed Tuned 60g shaft and what a difference it made over my last driver. I do agree it appears to sit a tad closed but I found that once I got the hang of it, it became beneficial. No misses to the right anymore which was my main miss with my old cleveland 8.5 launcher. I love this club, easily picked up about 25 yard or more, no joke. I demo'd a few drivers and this one seemed to not only fit my price range, but also my swing. I just feel like I cant miss with it.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

• 3 months later...

Update: I just got the 7.5* head re-shafted to a V2 LD3 cut down 1 inch from the butt end. Really lowered the ball flight and kept it tight when I leaned into it- and damn long. This is going to be fun...

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

• 5 weeks later...