Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

What's a good app for recording/tracking stats while playing?

What's the best app for tracking golf stats while playing that is easy to use while playing a round of golf?

Comments

• greg0241greg0241 Members Posts: 57
    I use golf shot. It’s easy to use while playing and keeps the important stats like fairways hit, GIR, putts per round, scrambling, you can even track distance on drives
  • CobeLifeCobeLife Members Posts: 6
    I've tried both Swing by Swing, and 18birdies. 18 birdies is an excellent application in my opinion. Very easy to use, and tracks all relevant stats.
  • clos8clos8 Members Posts: 82
    I agree with the above. I have also used both SxS and 18birdies. I like 18 birdies better because of the ability to set goals. The one thing I didnt like about 18 birdies is you cant set up a stableford game like on SxS
  • skmcclureskmcclure Members Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    I've used Golflogix, several years ago, and now TheGrint. Both were easy to use, once figured out.
  • SAGolfer61SAGolfer61 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

Golf Stats Coach is a great tool. Strokes Gained Golf Stats App, www.golfstatscoach.com

• Albusdumble831Albusdumble831 Atlanta, GAClubWRX Posts: 81 ClubWRX

Besides 18 Birdies or Golf Logix what other Golf Apps can some of our esteemed Members recommend?

• swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Golfmetrics

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • Arlin964Arlin964 Members Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I’ve tried several, and the ones I keep coming back to are 18 Birdies, Golfshot, and the Grint. I haven’t decided yet which one I want to pay for premium access (18 Birdies is pricey), so I’m still in kind of a testing phase. They all do yardages pretty well, interfaces are good, and stats are good.

I used to use golf logic and I just tend to like satellite imagery for the holes better. Last I knew it was animated graphics almost.

TaylorMade R1 10.5*
    Ping Anser 3w
    Callaway Rogue X - 3h, 4h, 5h
    Nickent 6DX - 6-PW
    Wilson Staff PMP 50*
    Cleveland CBX 56*
    Odyssey #7s O-Works
  • KmacKmac Members Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Golfshot. The two things that keep me using Golfshot are it keeps track of your tee club for each hole and it emails you your scorecard after each round. While some of the others do look nice I think none of them let input the club you used off the tee. That is a big one for me.

• ludddyludddy Members Posts: 23 ✭✭

I am curious which of these apps is fastest. I use my Garmin watch for the sake of ease. The software isn't great by any stretch but I tap it 3 times and I'm done on the hole.

• 5dogs5dogs Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

Noticed 18 birdies today changed there app. Most features now you can only access through the premium membership

• mtiger10mtiger10 Members Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭

I've used both GolfLogix and the Grint- can be as in depth or as minimal as you'd like for any given round.

Ping G30 9* with regular flex TFC 149D
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5* with regular flex Diamana Ltd Blue 70
    Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70
    Taylormade M CGB 4-AW with regular flex Nippon NSPRO840
    Callaway MD3 Milled Black Wide sole wedge 56*
    Odyssey Works #7 Tank Versa with Superstroke

• boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Grint gets my vote. Easy to use, and after the round is uploaded you get and immediate response from them showing your stats for the round. Well worth the yearly price.

• dasamsdasams Members Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭

@greg0241 said:
    I use golf shot. It’s easy to use while playing and keeps the important stats like fairways hit, GIR, putts per round, scrambling, you can even track distance on drives

^^ I use GolfShot to track my stats and it's super quick and easy.

• GautamaGautama Members Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 15, 2019 9:27pm #16

For guys that use them a lot, how do you work it into your pre and post shot routines so it doesn't slow you down?

I've used The Grint and it seems really good, but I mostly forget to use it, and when I remember it winds up slowing me down so much I just abandon it after a few holes. Does it just become habit with time I guess? How long did that take?

"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • RobNY22RobNY22 Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭

Another vote for The Grint. I actually enter my score post round when I get home so I am not fumbling around on my phone while playing. I also find this useful in assessing my round as I replay it in my head.

On my scorecard I just add a column for FW and putts. I’ll note if I took a drop or had one in the bunker. The app figures the rest out for you.

PING G25 10.5°
    PING G25 4W/16.5°
    PING G25 3H/20°
    PING i200 4 - UW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54ºSS, 58ºSS
    PING Karsten TR Anser 5 - Starshot Finish / Odyssey Milled RSX #7

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file