How do you know you're a GOLFWRXer ??

Comments

• TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    When the second your tournament season is over, you buy 6 new high end shafts to begin testing for next season because you know your swing is still in top form. And you say, early Christmas present for myself because I deserve it.

Not singling anyone out, haha, but true story.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • AdlerAdler Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Found a steal on two Nike Engage wedges on ebay when I couldn't sleep last night.. Now I'm looking to find the 3rd (50*), and then it'll be on to a full bag and that'll be my travel bag one day.
    Driver: Taylormade M3 - Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    3 Wood: Taylormade M3 - Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 
    Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed 3 
    5-AW: Bridgestone J15
    Wedges: Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56*, Nike Engage Toe Sweep 60* OR Cleveland RTX3 54* and 58*
    Putter: Nike Origin B2-01 38" 
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour BXS unless I find a Nike RZN on the course or around the house
  • Thamel90Thamel90 Members Posts: 85
    When you're hitting driver & woods great off the tee, and you still look to buy a driving iron!
    Callaway XR16 10.5*
    TM SLDR TP 3HL 17* ; PING i20 5W
    TM SLDR TP 4H 21*
    TM Rocketbladez HL 5-AW (PX 6.0 flighted)
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP 56* ; Callaway MD3 milled 60*
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭
    edited Oct 27, 2018 #815
    You have multiple phone numbers that you use when checking out for for rewards points at your local golf store because they refused further purchases due to excessive returns of iron sets and drivers over the last 3 months.
  • StonewalledStonewalled Members Posts: 1,511 ✭✭
    texcrom wrote:

When u buy another set of irons that you previously loved but foolishly sold. Then take them to the range with another set u are thinking of selling. You proceed to hit both sets, the one's u are thinking of selling blow the new set out of the water. You are so mad at yourself for buying up a set u had previously sold, must have been a reason u sold them right?? Idiot!!!!

So the next day I had them in the truck and a fellow hoe was eyeing them up and showing his friends the clubs that I said were now for sale. They passed on them. So after work I head to the course with both sets and find myself pleasantly surprised with the new set, night and day difference from the range session. So the new set are in the bag [this week} and the one's that were the bomb yesterday at the range are going to get a time out.

Being a Golfwrxer this is not the first or the last time this will happen.

****.....I was going to write this!
    I'm sure it must be a common thing in these parts.

Kinda funny something very similar happened today, I was heading to the course to hit a few. I decided to throw in some irons that I had a friend reshaft for me, I was going to have him put the original shafts back in as I was going to sell them. Another experiment gone wrong.

So I get to the course and I remove the experimental set from the bag and head out to try a few different clubs I have in the bag. After 6 holes I'm having no luck with what I brought, so I go back to the car and grab the 7 8 9 pw of the ones I had reshafted,and was going to sell. So I head back to hole 7 and proceed to hit the H=ll out of the ones I brought to be reshafted and sell. Guess these are not to be reshafted and sold, might have to hold on to them for awhile longer. Crazy game.
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,257 ✭✭
    edited Nov 9, 2018 #817
    I bought a set of Miura's in February and sold them in March because by just looking at them in my bag I convinced myself they were too much club for me before I ever hit a ball with them.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
    So I had my 8 iron MP69 in my bag of G30's that was there for practice. During my last round I hit my G30 20 yards right of the green....then hit the MP69 2 feet from the pin. Now I'm thinking MP69's vs. G30s on the course despite the opposite during range practice.
  • NorthMNgolferNorthMNgolfer ClubWRX Posts: 301 ✭✭
    When you finished off your season hitting your irons perfect. But a month into your off season you're already thinking about maybe getting new irons.......
    My Current Bag.

Callaway Rouge 9* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 65
    Taylormade M1 3 HL Wood - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 75
    Taylormade GAPR 2 - HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Taylormade M1 4h -
    Ping i25 Irons - 5-PW
    Taylormade Hi Toe 50*
    Taylormade Hi Toe 56*
    Taylormade Hi Tow 60*
    Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S - Flat Cat Tak
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,205 ✭✭
    This:

Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • jwb10jwb10 Major Winner MarsMembers Posts: 913 ✭✭
  • EBGEBG Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    You convinced your fiancée it was a great idea to buy another staff bag to store the backup sets in, since it would make it more tidy at home.
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Kuro Kage Tour Issue
    Titleist TS3 15* Aldila Rogue M-ax low
    Titleist TS2 19* Aldila Rogue M-ax low
    Nike VR Pro 4-PW
    Nike Engage 52sq, 55sq, 58ds
    Nike The Oven 006 / 001
    edited Nov 3, 2018 #823
    You order new PXGs....go all-in...receive the irons...take them to get the lofts checked...they're all wrong...then find out they bend easily if hit off mats or with a steep angle of attack...but you get on WRX and rave about them because to say they're just OK, or they have defects....means you wasted a LOT of money.
  • cb24cb24 Members Posts: 1,690 ✭✭
    When you look at everyone’s bag to see what they are playing.
  • Zach HeusserZach Heusser Marshals Posts: 5,151 mod
    You offer to the pay the guys in your group if they let you switch out the bag at the turn 😏
    Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University <br /><br />My WITB<br /><br /><br /><br />http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/<br />@Zheusser on twitter
  • NPVWhizNPVWhiz Members Posts: 1,976 ✭✭
    If you have a wedge that has had more than 7 different shafts in it, you are a WRXer.
    Taylormade r11s 9 Penley Stealth 70x 44.5" D-3
    > Taylormade 16 M1 8.5 GD AD TP6x 44.0" D3 PX Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 44.5" D-3
    Nickent 3DX Pro 14 MRC Diamana WB 83s
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18 Grafalloy CNote ProtoX
    Mizuno MP62 DG x-100 Sensicore D-4 3-pw
    > Ping i200 DG120 S3 D-3 +1/4" Red 4-U.
    Vokey SM6 56-14/60-04M DG x-100 Sensicore 1xss D-5
    > Vokey SM6 56/10 60/4M DG 120 S300 35" D-5
    Scotty Golo
    When range practice focuses upon full shots with PW, 7 iron, and Driver....then on the course all the duffs, chunks, skulls happen from 100 yards and in, and there's 37 putters in the garage because it's too boring to practice putting.
  • dixiethunderdixiethunder Members Posts: 582 ✭✭
    When you take your niece to play putt-putt and not only use the claw putter grip you've been working on out but also wonder if the cheap putters they hand out are where Edel got the idea to use round putting grips.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cobra LTD HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5
    Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 16* Rouge Silver 70
    Adams Red Hybrid 18*/20* Matrix Altus Tour
    Taylor Made P770 5-GW KBS Tour C-Taper
    Cleveland Niblick 42"/Don White 56*[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Bobby Grace F-18[/font]
  • NYC243NYC243 FORE Members Posts: 262 ✭✭
    You only go to driving ranges where the ball picker is a Maserati
    You respond to your wife....."i'd take lessons, but I'm not sure if I need to now because I think I've finally figured out what I'm doing wrong"....and....you're 63 years old and have been married for 30 years.
    You agree that uber-swing mechanic "clock positions" are required to learn the golf swing. But when you think about how to walk down a flight of stairs....you grab the bannister in desperation to not fall.
    edited Nov 8, 2018 #832
    When your driving down the HWY in your work van, there is fresh snow on the ground, you have to slow down and stop at a construction detour area. The flag man gets a little closer, and u have to start hiding clubs u recently bought from view. Doesn't everyone travel with a new CBX wedge and G400 9 wood ? Guy's going to think I'm crazy as bat S-IT driving around with golf clubs this time of year. Seems like a normal thing to do come summer RIGHT??? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Hey some guy's take there dog with them everywhere they go. I seem to travel with clubs. Never know when the urge to drop a ball on the side of the road will occur. image/busted2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted2:' />
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,257 ✭✭
    My clubs don't leave the trunk until all the courses are closed.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • conorgolf22conorgolf22 Members Posts: 587 ✭✭
    I have owned 7 sets of irons in the last 12 months
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: Callaway Rogue 13.5* Aldila Rogue Elite Blue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fairway: Ping G400 17* Aldila 2KXV Orange[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Aldila Tour Green[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driving Iron: PXG 0311X 4 iron Steelfiber i95[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: Mizuno 919 Forged 5-PW Steelfiber i95[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: Vokey SM6 52* New Level M-Type 58* and 62*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: Scotty Cameron X7M[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1X[/font]
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,339 ClubWRX

That's pretty amazing. Did you get them all out on Triple Lakes?
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,816 ✭✭
    edited Nov 9, 2018 #836
    Global Golf accidentally sent me the wrong club and it's a duplicate of a club I already have... but I would have considered keeping it if they had offered me a discount.
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*~ F6 Baffler 4-5w ~ Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~ King Utility ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Nike MC-02W
    6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Nike MC-02W ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,816 ✭✭

When your driving down the HWY in your work van, there is fresh snow on the ground, you have to slow down and stop at a construction detour area. The flag man gets a little closer, and u have to start hiding clubs u recently bought from view. Doesn't everyone travel with a new CBX wedge and G400 9 wood ? Guy's going to think I'm crazy as bat S-IT driving around with golf clubs this time of year. Seems like a normal thing to do come summer RIGHT??? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Hey some guy's take there dog with them everywhere they go. I seem to travel with clubs. Never know when the urge to drop a ball on the side of the road will occur. image/busted2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':busted2:' />

There's a piece of a hitting mat laying in my trunk for that reason (or as I tell my wife, just in case I ever need to kneel down in my work clothes to look under the car).

Never can tell when the urge to chip a dozen balls might strike.
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*~ F6 Baffler 4-5w ~ Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~ King Utility ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Nike MC-02W
    6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Nike MC-02W ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • conorgolf22conorgolf22 Members Posts: 587 ✭✭
    DavePelz4 wrote:

That's pretty amazing. Did you get them all out on Triple Lakes?

Haha, nope. None were lost and found from Three Ponds Country Club
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: Callaway Rogue 13.5* Aldila Rogue Elite Blue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fairway: Ping G400 17* Aldila 2KXV Orange[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Aldila Tour Green[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driving Iron: PXG 0311X 4 iron Steelfiber i95[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: Mizuno 919 Forged 5-PW Steelfiber i95[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: Vokey SM6 52* New Level M-Type 58* and 62*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: Scotty Cameron X7M[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1X[/font]
    Mych wrote:

There's a piece of a hitting mat laying in my trunk for that reason (or as I tell my wife, just in case I ever need to kneel down in my work clothes to look under the car).

Never can tell when the urge to chip a dozen balls might strike.
    I like the way you operate Mych. Golf Town was throwing out one of there hitting matts, **** good thing I snagged it. That's a great idea, keeping it handy.
  • jwb10jwb10 Major Winner MarsMembers Posts: 913 ✭✭
    To prove my dedication to WRX, and despite having a very good year hitting the ball, I have, since Nov. 1, bought a new driver, putter, and set of irons. I await the new Titleists. Oh, and other than the putter, none of the new ones have been hit as I have had to snow-blow twice....and there is a foot on the ground and high temperature yesterday was 14. image/slow_en.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':slow_en:' /> image/to_become_senile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':to_become_senile:' /> image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • MahamiltoMahamilto NYCMembers Posts: 1,922 ✭✭
    Shaft hunting when ur hitting ur number on trackman... I plead the fifth.
    Titleist TS3 - 9.75* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5 (D1 Setting, STD Fade)
    Titleist 917F2 - 15*, Diamana S+ LTD 80TX (B1 Setting, 16g Fade)
    Titleist 818 H1 - 19*, Tensei Pro White 90TX (B1 Setting, 12g Fade)
    Titleist 716 T-MB 4-iron - KBS C-Taper 130x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-9-iron - DG AMT x100
    Titleist 718 AP2 PW, 50* - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM7 55* S-Grind - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM2 59.12* - DG Tour Issue x100
    Evnroll ER6-B
    Bridgestone Tour BX
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag