How do you know you're a GOLFWRXer ??

Comments

• Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members Posts: 15,060 ✭✭
    averysdad wrote:

You type “go...” in your browser and instead of your comp going to google it goes to GolfWRX.

You have bought a club then sold it and then you buy it again because maybe the 7 swings you made it with on the range may have not

Been a true test.

When you break 85 with your SGI irons and think it may be time for blades.

LOL, I just type g and GolfWRX pops up.......................
    When you come on here wondering how many WRXers spit on their screens today.
  • Hjosh7_Hjosh7_ Members Posts: 257 ✭✭
    When you have to explain to your friends and family that the shoulders aren’t level and the edges of the bumpers are not soft enough when they don’t understand why you’re so disappointed in the new Ping Dale Anser.

And afterwards, they still have no idea what you’re talking about.
    WITB:
    TaylorMade M1(2016) 9.5° - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70 Stiff
    TaylorMade Aeroburner 16.5° - Matrix White Tie 70X4 Stiff
    PING G30 17°/22° Hybrids - PING TFC 419H Stiff
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-PW - True Temper DG Pro S300
    Cleveland RTX 3 50°/54°/60° - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge
    Nike Method Matter B2-01 - Flatso 1.0 - 35.25"
    Top Flite Gamer Tour

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
  • krutoikrutoi Members Posts: 514 ✭✭
    You laugh at the notion that lessons will improve your game more than new clubs.
    Cobra F8 Blue Volition Driver, M4 3hl wood, Epic 3 Hybrid, Srixon u85 5 and 6 Utility Irons, Apex Pro 2019 6-Pw irons, Wilson 8802 putter, Mizuno S18 50 degree wedge, 54 RTX Cleveland Wedge, SM 7 D grind Vokey wedge
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,828 ✭✭
    Before you get advice from somebody, you ask them what their handicap is.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • dciccorittidciccoritti An inch an hour, 2 feet a day Toronto, CanadaMembers Posts: 1,572 ✭✭
    When you spend an hour at your local golf store telling the sales reps about all the new products coming out.

When you walk into a local golf store and wonder why they still don't have an espresso machine so you can have a coffee while you look around for the fourth time this week.

When you chip on the putting green while there's 3 people putting....and you sink more than they do.

When you take a club from the front of the store and bring it to the back so you can compare the length of the club face with another club.

Titleist TS2
    Titleist 718 MB 5-PW
    Taylormade MG 52 SB-09 | 56 SB-12 | 60 SB-10
    Callaway PM Grind 19 64.10
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour BXS

• Scottie68Scottie68 Members Posts: 803 ✭✭
    edited Jan 15, 2018 #68
    Note... I have done all of the following:

Bought clubs online while playing.

Had to set up an additional storage area to keep all of the empty boxes for clubs you've bought.

Have your wife accuse you of having an affair because of all the time you spend texting, but you're actually just posting here.

When you don't think there's anything wrong with many of the posts in this thread!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭
    edited Jan 14, 2018 #69
    You think "it's not you, it's your clubs" should be the last line of the National Anthem........................
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • jwb10jwb10 Major Winner MarsMembers Posts: 913 ✭✭

When you spend an hour at your local golf store telling the sales reps about all the new products coming out.

When you walk into a local golf store and wonder why they still don't have an espresso machine so you can have a coffee while you look around for the fourth time this week.

When you chip on the putting green while there's 3 people putting....and you sink more than they do.

When you take a club from the front of the store and bring it to the back so you can compare the length of the club face with another club.

Yup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scottie68 wrote:

Note... I have done all of the following:

Had to set up an additional storage area to keep all of the empty boxes for clubs you've bought.

Have your wife accuse you of having an affair because of all the time you spend texting, but you're actually just posting here.

When you don't think there's anything wrong with many of the posts in this tread!

image/ontopic.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ontopic:' /> image/ontopic.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ontopic:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    SubaruWRX wrote:

You laugh at the new Wilson irons while the wife thinks they’re “pretty”

1db20d708ed6aacbceba5cb286242801.jpg

I want the autograph of the first WRXer who puts those in the bag.
  • mich_pingmich_ping Members Posts: 629 ✭✭
    When a non-wrx'er tells you about their off the rack club buying experience and it makes your skin crawl.
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,816 ✭✭
    Jab3384 wrote:
    I just bought a 3wood while I’m sidelined with a bulging disk in my back and contemplating back surgery... do I win?

Not until you buy one to replace that one, before hitting it.
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*~ F6 Baffler 4-5w ~ Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~ King Utility ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Nike MC-02W
    6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Nike MC-02W ~ Silo Club Carrier
    When you get your best numbers on a stock club, but refuse to buy it because it has a made-for shaft.
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*~ F6 Baffler 4-5w ~ Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~ King Utility ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Nike MC-02W
    6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Nike MC-02W ~ Silo Club Carrier
    edited Jan 14, 2018 #76
    3 sets of irons BEFORE the snow melted. 2 drivers, 2 putters and a hybrid, still a foot of snow. But i did buy a pushcart in line waiting to board a plane. Got a sweet deal, too image/to_become_senile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':to_become_senile:' /> image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' /> After reading the above, I feel like I'm in the group therapy sessions for Cuckoo's Nest.
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey Members Posts: 570 ✭✭
    When you walk into the golf store and, without anyone saying anything, they hand you their spare cardboard boxes so you can sell clubs on ebay.
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,120 ✭✭
    When you look in every single players bag you walk past and still get a buzz when someone has something a bit different. Clubs, shoes, waterproofs, hats....everything catches your eye. A Chiervo jacket, Conte shirt, some obscure Japanese wedge....the search never ends.
    You upgrade rangefinders even though the old one worked perfectly fine.
    You ask your relatives for gift cards, then sell them on the BST to finance your new JDM clubs.
  • JoeJoeJoeUrBoatJoeJoeJoeUrBoat Members Posts: 692 ✭✭
    When you hit your hacker friend's Dunlop Wal-Mart 7 iron and throw a dart from 172 yards away within 2 ft of the pin. Then tell them the club sucks and it's a shovel. It probably only spun 5000 RPM or less and I get at least 6000 RPM or more from my AP2. How it got that close because it's too easy to hit.

Then you hit your AP2 8 yards short and left with an over draw and tell him how the AP2 trajectory was better though.
    TS2 10.5* Tour Ad Di 6s
    TS2 15* Tour Ad Di 7s
    P790 UDI HZRDUS Black 6.0
    4-9 718 AP2 PX 6.0
    SM7 (46.10.F, 50.08.F, 54.10.S, 58.08.M) 
    Rory McIlroy Scotty Cameron SSS
  • e-mane-man Members Posts: 2,055 ✭✭
    Scottie68 wrote:

Done this. Hysterical.

When you've played a club for years, sold it, immediately regretted selling it, looked for a replacement for months without success, and ended up hunting down the guy you sold it to so you could buy it back from him for more than what you sold it to him for.
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 254 ✭✭
    When you pay $120 for a putter headcover, and you don't game it. Its only for the collection:)
    Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
  • mqmh_03mqmh_03 Equipment Junkie Members Posts: 282 ✭✭

You have 18 shafts for the same driver.

Guilty as charged?!
    Cobra F9 9.5° Ventus 6x | Callaway Epic Flash 15° Ventus 7x
    Titleist 818 H2 19° Evenflow Black 6.0
    Mizuno JPX 919F 4-PW Nippon 950GH stiff
    Cleveland RTX4 Tour Raw 50º/55º/60º
    TM Spider X copper
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,827 ✭✭
    When I'm writing a post I always inadvertently reference a 390 yard drive on soft fairways.
    edited Jan 15, 2018 #86
    You swing 100mph and hit 300yd drives on the reg.

You're a 14hc and shot a 67 last weekend.
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Taylormade TPx
  • DannyNooninDannyNoonin Members Posts: 120 ✭✭

When I'm writing a post I always inadvertently reference a 390 yard drive on soft fairways.

Nothing wrong with smoothing one out there
    You dont like Jordan Spieth.
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Taylormade TPx

You swing 100mph and hit 300yd drives on the reg.

You're a 14hc and shot a 67 last weekend.

Were you in our member-guest, 3d flight ?
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey Members Posts: 570 ✭✭
    You consider contacting manufacturers to ask if they will sell you a fitting cart so you can fit yourself.
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭
    You're 'ballooning' your 2-iron blade with X100's....
    '16 M2 10.5*, Diamana Ltd. 70 S+ 43.5"
    Ping G SFT 16*, DIamana Ltd. 70 S+ 41.5"
    Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
    Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    Byron DH89 Longneck 33" (or any of 10 4 other putters...)