Callaway LD Driver 2018

NickthurgoodNickthurgood Members Posts: 166 ✭✭
I was hoping that Callaway was going to make an LD/Low Loft version of the Rogue but a new thread popped up in the Tour Pre Release section about a driver coming out called the XR Speed. I assume that'll be what they make for the LD guys. Has anyone heard anything?

Comments

• NickthurgoodNickthurgood Members Posts: 166 ✭✭
    Why am I the only one that cares about New LD heads coming out?? 😂
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Posts: 1,831 ClubWRX

Why am I the only one that cares about New LD heads coming out?? ��

Because I only swing @ 100 mph! That world doesn't apply to someone like myself. image/sorry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':sorry:' />
  • Jasonfish_02Jasonfish_02 Members Posts: 1,180
    You’re not. Do you have the press release?
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭
    the XR Speed is going to be a cheap alternative to Epic / Rogue I believe. Not intended for LD. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Callaway stop producing LD heads all together.
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Toulon Austin Longneck Garage
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
    edited Feb 25, 2018 #6
    mackepa wrote:

the XR Speed is going to be a cheap alternative to Epic / Rogue I believe. Not intended for LD. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Callaway stop producing LD heads all together.

Ok that makes sense! Thanks for your response. I also wouldn't be surprised if they quit making LD heads. All the Callaway LD guys were given new Rogue bags but it sounds as if they've heard nothing in regards to equipment.

Darn - I guess I'll just have to wait. I want the Rogue but would much rather have it in an LD version.
    Bumping this thread... Think Callaway is done with LD heads? Too bad if so! I can’t imagine it takes too much work to make a different loft of one of their heads.
  • 0psi0psi Members Posts: 72

Bumping this thread... Think Callaway is done with LD heads? Too bad if so! I can't imagine it takes too much work to make a different loft of one of their heads.

One of the online shops had a Rogue LD listed for preorder but couldn't tel me anything about it. Now it's disappeared from their site altogether so I suspect they just stuffed up.
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Ping G400. Ping Tour 65 X.[/font]
    Titleist 917 F3. Fujikura Pro 73 X.
    Mizuno MP H4 3 iron. DG X100
    Mizuno MP 53 4-PW. DG X100
    Mizuno T7. 50, 55, 60. DG X100
    Bettinardi Inovai
    0psi wrote:

Bumping this thread... Think Callaway is done with LD heads? Too bad if so! I can't imagine it takes too much work to make a different loft of one of their heads.

One of the online shops had a Rogue LD listed for preorder but couldn't tel me anything about it. Now it's disappeared from their site altogether so I suspect they just stuffed up.

That's too bad...I would've bought one. What site was it on? Sellingers?
  • Kevin BlenkhornKevin Blenkhorn Members Posts: 43
    Talk at worlds was they were coming out with them but I am not sure.
  • Any word on this? I would love an upgrade from my 5* XR. Also have the 9* Rogue but it's just not the same.
    ...I’m still curious too! Would be surprising if Callaway had their LD Guys/Gals go 4 years with the same driver. I’m assuming that’s what will happen though!
  • supajsn98supajsn98 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    They will have an LD version of the Epic Flash. Latest rumor I heard was out in late March... what year, I don't know lol
    Haha, that’s be awesome if they really do come out with an LD version of the Epic Flash. I think it’d be a huge advancement over the XR!
    According to a couple LD guys, an Epic Flash LD is going to come out in a few weeks. Any other information? I’d be surprised but would be very cool.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,633 ✭✭
    edited Mar 29, 2019 12:07am #16

5 degrees of goodness. No jailbreak, no weight track.

Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag

Wow! It’s really happening! Where did you find that? So cool that they might actually provide a new LD Head!

• radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,633 ✭✭

@Nickthurgood said:
    Wow! It’s really happening! Where did you find that? So cool that they might actually provide a new LD Head!

I saw it posted on Instagram. I really want to see how tall the face is. If they offer it in an 8 degree head at some point, I would be interested.

Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag