Shorts Recommendations

13»

Comments

• dillardivdillardiv Members Posts: 79 ✭✭

clouse8 wrote:

Lululemon are the way to go

Agreed... Yeah yeah they're expensive, you think it's a women's clothing brand, but I have 2 pairs of pants and 3 pairs of shorts and I will never have to buy another pair of pants or shorts to replace them if ANYTHING goes wrong with them...Lulu will replace, for free, for any reason.

Besides that, they're the most comfortable clothes I've ever worn.

My Lulu issue is they don't make the ABC shorts anymore. The golf-style shorts they make now aren't the same material as the ABC pants and they don't fit me as well. HUGE fan of ABC pants and I have a bunch of other workout gear from them and it's all fantastic.
  • Ryanak27Ryanak27 Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Best shorts I've ever owned are from Travis Mathew. Quality is fantastic and for me they fit the best. Plus I like the fact that I can wear them both to the course and out on the street where they don't look like golf shorts and look more like casual shorts.
  • OutBackHackOutBackHack Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    dillardiv wrote:

clouse8 wrote:

Lululemon are the way to go

Agreed... Yeah yeah they're expensive, you think it's a women's clothing brand, but I have 2 pairs of pants and 3 pairs of shorts and I will never have to buy another pair of pants or shorts to replace them if ANYTHING goes wrong with them...Lulu will replace, for free, for any reason.

Besides that, they're the most comfortable clothes I've ever worn.

My Lulu issue is they don't make the ABC shorts anymore. The golf-style shorts they make now aren't the same material as the ABC pants and they don't fit me as well. HUGE fan of ABC pants and I have a bunch of other workout gear from them and it's all fantastic.

Never tried the ABC shorts, but you're right, pants are the best, I could sleep in them.
  • OutBackHackOutBackHack Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    Ryanak27 wrote:

Best shorts I've ever owned are from Travis Mathew. Quality is fantastic and for me they fit the best. Plus I like the fact that I can wear them both to the course and out on the street where they don't look like golf shorts and look more like casual shorts.

Never tried them, but I'm sure they are great too. My player is sponsored by Travis Mathew and he gives me polos a few times a year and they are truly beautiful shirts.
  • earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 358 ✭✭
    NickJ wrote:

JCrew Tech

Love these shorts. Wish they had some more color options because the 9" are the perfect length and taper I prefer.
    Driver (9.5°) - Titleist 915D3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
    Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
    Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
    Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
    Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
    Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
    Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid
  • NickJNickJ Posts: 85 ✭✭
    earleyrc wrote:

NickJ wrote:

JCrew Tech

Love these shorts. Wish they had some more color options because the 9" are the perfect length and taper I prefer.

Completely agree.
  • aiyyeraiyyer Members Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Greg Norman travel shorts are under $15 at Costco - slim fit and really good

• ((hoselrocket))((hoselrocket)) Posts: 106
    edited Jul 11, 2018 #69
    You’d like the Adidas 365 then. Those things are jams...

I personally like them right above my knee, so many I take to be hemmed. Right now, off the rack, I’m liking the Nike slim fit golf short.
  • SkeoughSkeough Flip it! Flip it! Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Grown quite fond of the Lululemon Commission shorts this year. Great colors, super comfy and available in several inseam lengths
    PGA of Canada Class A -> BC
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5* -> HZRDDUS Black Smoke 6.5 & Tour AD BB 7X
    Callaway Epic Flash 18* HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.5
    Callaway X Forged UT 18* -> DG TI X100
    Callaway Apex MB 6-PW/ X Forged 4/5 -> DG TI X100
    Callaway MD4 50S/56X/60C -> DG IT S400
    Toulon Design San Diago
    Chrome Soft X
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,984 ✭✭
    J Crew Tech Shorts are the best fitting thing I've ever worn. Come in a variety of inseams too. 7", 9", and 10.5"

The 7" fit me nearly perfect. ****, if they offered 5", I'd probably go for that.

DFx0S0K.jpg

aeNaKFW.jpg
  • UberzzUberzz Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Waiting for Jcrew to have a sale again on those tech shorts! Anyone have a promo code? I just missed their last sale.
    Ping G400 LST 10* Tour 65
    Ping G400 14.5*(15.5*) Tour 75
    Titleist 913 F 21* Diamana 
    Titleist 816 H1 23*(24*) Aldila Tour
    Ping i500 KBS $-Taper 120
    Vokey 51/12, 56/11
    Callaway PM Grind 60/10
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 33" Superstroke Mid Slim 3.0
  • shotmarkshotmark Posts: 840 ✭✭
    I love Adidas golf shorts great fit and look good. I however am a 55 year old male who although not fat, has enough self awareness to not inflict my short adorned self on fellow golfers. I find that the people who are young and athletic enough to carry off shorts on the course don’t. They wear long trousers (pants) to emulate the pro’s. that being the case I think there is a very strong argument for banning shorts on the golf course.
  • Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Bothell, WAMembers Posts: 492 ✭✭
    edited Jul 23, 2018 #74
    aiyyer wrote:

Greg Norman travel shorts are under $15 at Costco - slim fit and really good
    I got some of those recently and they are nice. Very thin. Also got a few pair of izod golf flat front shorts from Costco as well. And they are very nice. Super comfortable. A little thicker then the Greg Norman's.
    Titleist 917d2 9.5
    Titleist 917f2 15.75
    Adams Pro Mini 20,23
    Titleist 716 Ap2 5-pw
    Cleveland rtx3 50,54,58
    Ping Sigma G Darby
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 423 ✭✭
    Not sure of other location, but the Nordstrom Racks in my area have Travis Mathew Spencer Jr shorts for $40.00. They felt nice, but I'm not a shorts person. With today's light breathable pants and the weather not getting unbearably hot here, I just skip shorts altogether. Online, they're nearly sold out, but I was just at my local Rack and they have a rack full of these.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2474960/travis-mathew-spencer-jr-shorts?color=BLUE NIGHTS
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls
  • dillardivdillardiv Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Does anyone know how Peter Millar shorts fit vs other brands? The shirts run big so I’m assuming I need a slightly bigger size shorts vs what I wear in Under Armour.
  • 4puttJohnny4puttJohnny Members Posts: 458 ✭✭
    dillardiv wrote:

Does anyone know how Peter Millar shorts fit vs other brands? The shirts run big so I’m assuming I need a slightly bigger size shorts vs what I wear in Under Armour.

Millar shorts fit true to size for me, maybe even slightly tighter than similar size 32 shorts. Very much unlike their shirts, for which I always go down to a Small instead of my usual medium.
  • LudaCliffLudaCliff Members Posts: 126
    Adidas Ultimate 365 shorts and pants are my favorite by far. The fabric is cool, lightweight, and ultra stretchy. Feels like yoga pants. The silicone grippers inside the waist are the best imo, shirts don't come out at all.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TM M3 8.5* / [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]UST Mamiya Launch Control LL 5F3[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TM 2017 M1 T3 13* / [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]UST Mamiya Launch Control LL 5F3[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TM 2017 M1 5W 19* / [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]UST Mamiya Launch Control LL 5F3[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PRGR Egg 4iU 21* / Tensei Blue 80 R[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike Forged Blades 4-PW / Modus 105 R[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike Forged Wedges 54* & 60* / [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Modus 105 R[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Scotty Cameron TeI3 Teryllium 2 Newport Custom[/font]
  • Hoodman22Hoodman22 Members Posts: 32 ✭✭
    wingfoot64 wrote:

I just got a couple of pair of Greg Norman shorts at Sam's Club for $20. I just wore them for first time yesterday and I was really impressed with them.

+1 to the Norman recommendation- 16.99 at Costco. Very well made and comfortable

($3.00 savings over Sam’s Club usually translates to 2 hot dogs at concession stand )
    Ping G5 13.5 Driver
    Ping G30 5 Wood
    TEE EX-9 22 hybrid
    Callaway 26 hybrid
    Ping i25 6-S
    Cleveland RTX 58
    Nike Drone 2 Counterbalance
  • Hoodman22Hoodman22 Members Posts: 32 ✭✭
    LudaCliff wrote:

Adidas Ultimate 365 shorts and pants are my favorite by far. The fabric is cool, lightweight, and ultra stretchy. Feels like yoga pants. The silicone grippers inside the waist are the best imo, shirts don't come out at all.

+1 on the Adidas short. Received a pair as a gift from my brother- great short! Scored a couple pair off the clearance rack at the local Adidas outlet and very happy with them!
    Ping G5 13.5 Driver
    Ping G30 5 Wood
    TEE EX-9 22 hybrid
    Callaway 26 hybrid
    Ping i25 6-S
    Cleveland RTX 58
    Nike Drone 2 Counterbalance
  • Old Navy athletic stretch shorts. Most affordable and great quality.
  • Pi5seekerPi5seeker Posts: 829 ✭✭
    Costco Greg Norman. I wear the pants for work and they're comfortable and hold up great. Not bad for $14-20.
    Cobra F8 10.5* Evenflow Blue
    Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
    Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* Spinner
    Odyssey Works Versa 1W
    Z-Star
    Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry
  • I liked the Gap hybrid shorts which can be had for $20 (pink) right now. Also, I took a chance on Burnside hybrid shorts for $14 and thought those were very good as well.
  • mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Posts: 3,815 ✭✭
    KCCO wrote:

Please just don’t wear shorts with a dress style golf shoe....I don’t like shorts personally, but my opinion look rather sloppy with a pair of wingtips on. At least now we have more athletic style looking golf shoes to make the shorts work a little better, but I won’t wear shorts in a match ever. (Just what I’m comfortable with)

I get the sentiment (I think) that a nice pair of FJ Classic wing tips don't work with shorts, but whereabouts are you playing most of your golf?

Several of the places I've lived over the years are so hot and humid during the summer, if you are not wearing shorts, you are not playing golf.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • JimGantzJimGantz Members Posts: 118 ✭✭
    I don't normally like to wear shorts, but the Ben Hogan shorts from Walmart are wonderful. And at $16.92 the price can't be beat.
    Mizuno ST190 / Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    Cobra Bio Cell 3W / Fujikura Pro Tour Spec
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2i / HZRDUS Black
    Cobra UDI 3i / Graphite Design Tour AD Utility
    Mizuno JPX 900T 4-9 / KBS C Taper S (Hard Stepped x1)
    47* Cobra Tour Trusty / KBS 610 S
    53* Cobra King V Grind / KBS 610 S
    59* Cobra King C Grind / KBS 610 S
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport
    Mizuno RB Tour/Taylormade TP5/Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • tcbrewbatcbrewba Members Posts: 42
    Question for all the Adidas Ultimate 365 fans - what is the inseam length? I see where Adidas is now selling a 9" inseam version of these, but they don't mention anything about the length of the inseam in the regular version.
13»