GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

Wilson Staff Duo Soft Spin reviews?

2»

Comments

• Tanner25Tanner25 Members  6713WRX Points: 325Posts: 6,713 Titanium Tees

Any updates on the Duo Soft Spin, 40 compression ball?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CR McDivotCR McDivot Members  94WRX Points: 47Posts: 94 Fairways

Been playing the DSS for about a year. Gamer Soft before that.
    DSS has feel I like - butter soft on good strike, yet can distinctively feel the slightest mishit (I play old style musclebacks).
    Good enough spin to modestly shape and hold greens. Unlike most 2 piece balls I have tried.
    Not as unresponsive as 2 piece "distance" balls, nor as temperamental as top line multi piece urethane balls.
    Wilson's description of the DSS as fitted to the "crossover" player seems pretty accurate to me!

Posted:

Thanks, CR McDivot. Exactly, what I was hoping to hear. What color do you use? I prefer yellow. But, most stores carry the white and green. Maybe, it is the ball to replace the Gamersoft. Slightly, lower compression though.

Posted:
  • LumpyPocketsLumpyPockets Members  52WRX Points: 53Posts: 52 Bunkers

Dude buy a **** sleeve and try them yourself. You’ve spent a year and a half asking about them. Spend twenty five bucks and give them a go.

Posted:
    In the Sun Mountain Three.Five aka The Bag of Shame:

Epic Flash 10.5
    HiBore XLS 2 Wood
    Epic 5w -1*
    Cleveland Launcher HB 4-S
    O Works #7

Yes sir, Lump.

Posted:
  • lenman73lenman73 Members  880WRX Points: 207Posts: 880 Golden Tee

My local proshop had them in stock today when I went in to have a club regripped. I picked up a box for 19.99 and will give them a go in a scramble I'm in this saturday.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • I.M. ApoorputterI.M. Apoorputter Members  1WRX Points: 20Handicap: 13Posts: 1 Starters

I've been using the Duo Soft Spin balls for the past year and really like them. I have a moderate swing speed and find the distance with the driver is as good as any, and off the irons longer than most. Decent spin around the greens and a very nice softer feel.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.