Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Wilson Staff Duo Soft Spin reviews?

2»

Comments

• Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Any updates on the Duo Soft Spin, 40 compression ball?

• CR McDivotCR McDivot Members Posts: 93 ✭✭✭

Been playing the DSS for about a year. Gamer Soft before that.
    DSS has feel I like - butter soft on good strike, yet can distinctively feel the slightest mishit (I play old style musclebacks).
    Good enough spin to modestly shape and hold greens. Unlike most 2 piece balls I have tried.
    Not as unresponsive as 2 piece "distance" balls, nor as temperamental as top line multi piece urethane balls.
    Wilson's description of the DSS as fitted to the "crossover" player seems pretty accurate to me!

Thanks, CR McDivot. Exactly, what I was hoping to hear. What color do you use? I prefer yellow. But, most stores carry the white and green. Maybe, it is the ball to replace the Gamersoft. Slightly, lower compression though.

• LumpyPocketsLumpyPockets Members Posts: 50 ✭✭

Dude buy a **** sleeve and try them yourself. You’ve spent a year and a half asking about them. Spend twenty five bucks and give them a go.

In the Sun Mountain Three.Five aka The Bag of Shame:

XR 16 10.5*
    HiBore XLS 2 Wood
    Epic 5w
    Cleveland Launcher HB 4-SW
    O Works #7
    edited Aug 23, 2019 1:32am #36

Yes sir, Lump.

• lenman73lenman73 Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭

My local proshop had them in stock today when I went in to have a club regripped. I picked up a box for 19.99 and will give them a go in a scramble I'm in this saturday.

• I.M. ApoorputterI.M. Apoorputter Members Posts: 1

I've been using the Duo Soft Spin balls for the past year and really like them. I have a moderate swing speed and find the distance with the driver is as good as any, and off the irons longer than most. Decent spin around the greens and a very nice softer feel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file