Bryson DeChambeau WITB: 2018 Farmers Insurance

124»

Comments

• DizzDizz J.W. Members Posts: 14,258
    scottb15 wrote:

This kid needs to understand his weird equipment isn't gonna benefit him in the long run. I think he's got a ton of potential but until he conforms to what works instead of what in theory could work he will never reach it.

What?
    XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
    X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
    716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
    Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
    Cameron Napa California @ 34"
  • gunmetalgunmetal Members Posts: 1,829 ✭✭
    scottb15 wrote:

This kid needs to understand his weird equipment isn't gonna benefit him in the long run. I think he's got a ton of potential but until he conforms to what works instead of what in theory could work he will never reach it.

Amen to that. Hilarious thinking this setup could get him anywhere.
  • rockinarrockinar Members Posts: 2,150 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

Thing that surprises me is that he's still sticking with LTD in the driver and 3w. I think even Lexi finally changed this year to the F8 line

Yes, he should stop doing what works for him, and instead do what some LPGA Tour hack does. Brilliant.....
  • J-TizzleJ-Tizzle Hello Members Posts: 3,392 ✭✭
    rockinar wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

Thing that surprises me is that he's still sticking with LTD in the driver and 3w. I think even Lexi finally changed this year to the F8 line

Yes, he should stop doing what works for him, and instead do what some LPGA Tour hack does. Brilliant.....

F8 driver and 5 wood in play...

LTD is the 3 wood, which we all know is the most difficult club to replace in your bag sometimes.

Nice win for Bryson, love everything about his game. Wish I could get fit for some SL irons, but no fitters in my area carry Cobra stuff.
    G400 8.5* - G400 14.5* - Baffler 19.5* - G410 23* - i500 5-U - Gorge Stealth 56* (@55*), 60* - BG F22
  • giogolfgiogolf Giogolf Members Posts: 1,187 ✭✭
    I wonder when he made the move from Modus 130 X shafts to TT X7 shafts in his irons.. This is a pretty drastic change.. X7 is the lowest spinning lowest launching steel iron shaft that i know of. Interesting to say the least
  • dmoney1175dmoney1175 Members Posts: 2
    scottb15 wrote:

• NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members Posts: 3,455 ✭✭
    dmoney1175 wrote:

scottb15 wrote:

Quite an unfortunate set of words to write.
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Titleist 913 D3 44 inches also a Cleveland Classic 310 43.5 inches
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
    Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip
  • dynaman50dynaman50 edtheclubmaker Members Posts: 5
    Single length but what length? and are the wedges the same as the other irons? The fairway metals are at industry standard not some single length specials. And all those announcers claiming "no wrist ****" are missing the loading at the change of direction at the top. How about "delayed" wrist ****, anyone remember Payne Stewart?

For those without the brand name fetish, clubmakers are selling single length sets starting in the mid $200s.
    dynaman50 wrote:

Single length but what length? and are the wedges the same as the other irons? The fairway metals are at industry standard not some single length specials. And all those announcers claiming "no wrist ****" are missing the loading at the change of direction at the top. How about "delayed" wrist ****, anyone remember Payne Stewart?

For those without the brand name fetish, clubmakers are selling single length sets starting in the mid $200s.

All his irons and wedges are same length thru 4 iron @ 37.5". He has two utility irons that are same length but different length @ 43". Rest of bag is normal.
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Members Posts: 749 ✭✭

dmoney1175 wrote:

scottb15 wrote:

Quite an unfortunate set of words to write.

This definitely aged well. Oh well, not all of our sitting on the couch takes turn out to be true.
    Cobra King F8 Driver  Aldila NV-2KXV 65 Stiff
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood (16.0 degree setting, -1/2")
    Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid (21.5 degree setting)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - Stock Steel Shafts
    Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
    Odyssey White Ice Rossie (34")
  • Double GeeDouble Gee Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    scottb15 wrote:

Probably one of funniest and biased posts ever.

You could have written 'as Bryson is one **** of a golfer, maybe his weird bag could benefit a lot of golfers who struggle with conventional sets."
    giogolf wrote:

I wonder when he made the move from Modus 130 X shafts to TT X7 shafts in his irons.. This is a pretty drastic change.. X7 is the lowest spinning lowest launching steel iron shaft that i know of. Interesting to say the least

It makes sense for the shorter irons and wedges because with the OL irons you really get some moon balls. I wonder if his longer irons are soft stepped because the opposite is true for them - my 4 iron OL is a low launcher.

I was curious if he's still one length with his wedges.

Whatever the case, he's absolutely on fire. Wish the Ryder Cup started this week.
    gunmetal wrote:

giogolf wrote:

It makes sense for the shorter irons and wedges because with the OL irons you really get some moon balls. I wonder if his longer irons are soft stepped because the opposite is true for them - my 4 iron OL is a low launcher.

Whatever the case, he's absolutely on fire. Wish the Ryder Cup started this week.

All his wedges and irons are same length besides his two utility irons.

• lanejsllanejsl Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    scottb15 wrote:

Just curious, how's that theory of yours working out now?
  • giogolfgiogolf Giogolf Members Posts: 1,187 ✭✭
    Anyone know which X7 iron shaft he has in his set is it all 6 irons or 7 iron shafts?
    rockinar wrote:

gunmetal wrote:

giogolf wrote:

All his wedges and irons are same length besides his two utility irons.

https://www.youtube....h9XTfpWA&t=179s

He has changed his wedges since that video. I think he's still using OL wedges - but every time I see him chip, they don't appear to be OL.
  • TexasTeeTexasTee Members Posts: 319
    scottb15 wrote:

Well, I think Bryson will do just fine it appears. Long run...who knows, but that is true of anyone. Look at Furyk...I think he has had a nice career. Swings and equipment are just that...and so individualistic. Tiger kept changing his swing and it produced wins and injury. I think Bryson's swing is a healthy swing. Few moving parts and doesn't appear to strain the back, etc.
    Callaway Rogue standard, 10.5*, Matrix White Tie regular
    Titelist 917 3w 16*, Fujikura Pro 70 regular
    Callaway Rogue 3 hybrid, Fujikura Pro 70 regular
    Callaway Rogue 4 hybrid, Fujikura Pro 70 regular
    Ping i500 power spec 4-uw, XP 95 regular, 1* flat, standard length
    PXG 3011 XF Gen 1, 4-pw, Steelfiber i70 regular, 1* flat, standard length
    Miura 1957 49* and 53* Y and 54* Steelfiber i95 regular; Taylormade 58* High Toe, Steelfiber i95 regular and 1* flat
    Bobby Grace NYC Tour (center and heel versions) both 34", Super Stroke GTR 2.0 grips; Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser (black), Ping cord grip, 34"
  • Dan DrakeDan Drake Members Posts: 1,963 ✭✭
    Are the stickers on his woods the correct lofts? 12° & 15°? Is he basically playing 1w, 2w, & 3w all in the bag at the same time?
    Epic Flash SZ 10.5° w/AD BB
    Epic Flash 15° w/Rogue Max
    X Forged UT 18° & 21° w/PX
    Apex Pro '19 5-A w/PX
    PM Grind 2.0 54° W w/PX & PM Grind 1.0 58° w/DG
    Toulon Austin
    171831.png
  • nuttinbutapeanutnuttinbutapeanut Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    scottb15 wrote:

Ouch.....
  • sterling54sterling54 Members Posts: 9
    I've been a single plane golfer since I first picked up a club 50 years ago. I've been playing single length Sterling irons for the last 3 years and I will never go back to "conventional" irons! Sterling solves the gapping problems in a different (and I feel a better) way than Cobra but the benefits are the same. One ball position, one swing and much more consistency. I'm 64 with a really bad back but my single length irons and single plane swing put less stress on my low back. I can't go at the ball as hard as I once could but I can still hit my 5 iron with it's 8 iron length shaft 180 yards. Call it "weird" but I say if it works do it!
  • gohattersgohatters Golf is so much more fun from the "wrong side of the ball&q Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    This is probably discussed elsewhere, but I feel like more pros are playing cavity back models now. Maybe not but seems like it.
  • Rich DouglasRich Douglas Members Posts: 324 ✭✭
    scottb15 wrote:

Right. Because winning 3 times this year and leading the Fedex Cup race isn't working. Got it.
    Driver: Titleist 917 D3 (Aldila Rogue MAX 65)
    2W: TM Mini Driver
    3H: Ping G410 (19 degrees)
    Irons: Wishon Sterling Single Length 4I-LW
    Putter: Bloodline (mallet)
    Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,462 ✭✭
    scottb15 wrote:

Thought I’d quote this.

SIK putters sure look like the grooving on an Evnroll. I know there are supposed to be different lofts on a SIK, but I can’t notice them on the grooved section in the middle of the face.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • PorkerPorker Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
    scottb15 wrote:

Wrong, wrong and wrong again.... The majority of conventional style based swing training, club fitting and all the bells and whistles that go with it will produce good golfers I agree, but it's the tinkerers and the unconventional with their relentless persiut in finding what works for THEM , either by building on their natural swing or finding equipment that doesn't strike the norm or even developing unusual money shots that only they can pull off that will rise above the grey masses.
  • norge5norge5 Members Posts: 1,492 ✭✭
    scottb15 wrote:

Oops
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,462 ✭✭
    Well he is conforming to what works...for him
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna