putter question?

Looking for a putter
Im currently using my old beginners set putter T740 and Ive upgraded my whole bag beside the putter (dont ask why I cant explain it). Im really looking into changing it but im not really trying to dish out more than $100. I really like the scotty but cant afford it. The more money the putter the better it performs or does it come back to the putting stroke? Please help!!!

thanks,

FLO

Comments

• golfer_juniorgolfer_junior Members Posts: 1,152
    can't go wrong with any Ping putters.
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    spend a little extra on the scotty, its def worth it, save up and get one of ebay in decent condition.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    If I may ask what is the big dfference? Is it gonna improve my putting skills

or sumthing? Im just really curious before I go out and dish this insane amount of cash
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    no its got nothing to do with improving putting in the sense of your stroke unless you go with a futura or a phantom, which will improve your aim and alignment and stroke in some respects bc the large head and high moi keeps the putter very stable. the biggest thing is the feel of the scotty cameron putters is superior to almost anything ive hit other than bettinardi which is very similar. my suggestion would be to get a futura phantom for 140-160 bucks on ebay and use that, theyre very solid putters with a great black finish and thats a **** of a deal for the putter, i personally dont like sight line so if/when i get a phantom itll become black just like the putter bc the sightline is just annoying, but for the most part scotty is just a great quality putter.

here is what i would suggest great putter only 145 dollars:

scotty cameron futura phantom 145 bucks
    edited Jan 16, 2006 #6
    ok with all that being said how are the newport models in comparision to the futura?

so here comes my 2nd question for the money Ping G2I Anser Insert or SC? I really liked the ping the first time I saw it. I have yet to see a scotty though in person.
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    edited Jan 16, 2006 #7
    My friend has a ping g2i insert putter and he loves it I would defenitly recommend it.

Also here is a whole bunch of great putters inbetween 60-100 dollars on tgw

http://www.tgw.com/customer/search2.jsp?sc...limithigh=10500

You can also check out www.callwaypreowned.com

Also Scotty Cameron does make an awesome putter, but interms of actually improving your putting that much I doubt it will, it just all comes down to how much you practice and things like that.
  • Ryno920Ryno920 Posts: 105
    If I'm not mistaken the new Odyssey Dual Force is around $100. Not sure how nice of a putter it is though.
  • k-unitk-unit Posts: 321
    a scotty is worth it, no doubt. you get what you pay for. i cant say it improves your stroke, but the feel is something special and it looks great. definatly worth it, and for 150$ about, its a solid deal
  • nuffy12nuffy12 Jr. Boomers Posts: 150
    I reckon spend that extra bit on a scotty because the feel is just awesome. It kind of makes you that even better putter when you hit a bad putt the response you get off the face tells you it was bad putt and where you just hit it. Its kind of like baldes they make you better.
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    nuffy12 wrote on Feb 23 2006, 01:53 PM:

I reckon spend that extra bit on a scotty because the feel is just awesome. It kind of makes you that even better putter when you hit a bad putt the response you get off the face tells you it was bad putt and where you just hit it. Its kind of like baldes they make you better.

yep well said....SC makes the best putters...simple as that image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> unrivalled feedback from each putt
  • you should have posted in the putter forum!!

but yes scotty cameron will get my vote
  • be patient and check out garage sales, as well as the used racks at golf stores. I found a couple scotty's in the used rack in local golf stores for $100. I also found a Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Laguna 2 at a garage sale for $15, so you just have to look around.

mike
  • GolferGal2009GolferGal2009 about that.... Members, Jr. Boomers Posts: 466
    You should get a Scotty Cameron. They are the best and it is a confidence booster knowing that you are putting with a Cameron. Check out and call up some of the used sections in the golf stores where you live. There's bound to be an older Scotty there for around $100. It's totally worth it, wait a little give them your number, and tell them to call you if anyone drops off a Cameron. You never know how lucky you'll get, I just picked up a TeI3 Newport 2 for $99 in the used section, major deal, plus it is in good condition... If you wait long enough, you will come across one.
    closing forum I already got what I needed putter wise =D
  • stickmanstickman Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,981
    can't go wrong with never comprimize putters , cheap and great !
  • ScottWS33ScottWS33 Up and down for par Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,379
    Flo, I like your choice. How have you found the 2-Ball thus far?
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9° (set to 10°) w/ Speeder 565 Stiff
    Titleist 910F 17° (set to 16.25°) w/ MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
    Titleist 913H 21° (set to 20.25°) w/ Diamana S+ 82HY Stiff
    Titleist AP2 4-9 w/ XP 95 S300
    Vokey SM4 46°, 52°, 56°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S 34"
    distance control has been hard but inside 9 feet I cant miss.
  • mumf91mumf91 Jr. Boomers Posts: 182
    The old ping putters are like 30 bucks on ebay and are great, a lot of tour pro's grew up with those putters. Don't forget to check out !Yes c groove putters which you can get on ebay new for like 100 bucks.
  • haltham2006haltham2006 Members Posts: 62
    i got my ping g2 tess putter for £40 (thats about $50 - $60 i think) most people i know like the new mallet putters but i prefer the old fashion blade style, feel more comfortable over short putts with a smaller putter