Cut the Cord.

1234568»

Comments

  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,898 ✭✭
    Yanki01 wrote:


    going to be running ethernet from our 3rd bedroom where the modem/router is into all rooms and living area to have that ability. get an ethernet switch if you have multiple devices in one area (smart tv, streaming device, game console, ect).





    off topic - why is this in tour talk?




    and - also off topic - when will these rhetorical questions stop?
    Pings from the beginning

    OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,347 ✭✭
    edited Feb 6, 2019 4:56pm #213
    YouTube TV user here. We have 2 homes so our streaming account travels with us as we snowbird. I cast from phone or PC to TV via Chromecast dongle. We get the local channels no matter where we are. $40/month covers both locations! Working well for us.
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    Maltby Tricept F1 6-GW
    Callaway Sure Out 56*
    Odyssey V-Line
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,031 ✭✭
    augustgolf wrote:

    Yanki01 wrote:


    going to be running ethernet from our 3rd bedroom where the modem/router is into all rooms and living area to have that ability. get an ethernet switch if you have multiple devices in one area (smart tv, streaming device, game console, ect).





    off topic - why is this in tour talk?




    and - also off topic - when will these rhetorical questions stop?




    rhetorical question about what?
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,725 mod
    Buzzkill wrote:

    Buzzkill wrote:


    Hooked up new modem but Hulu still buffering. Doing a 7 day trial with Sling Blue at the moment with no buffer issues. I'll try a couple more services as well.




    Added Youtube TV last night so we'll see how it competes with Sling.




    Just cancelled Youtube TV trial period. Tried to connect to Youtube TV this morning and it said my account was disabled - talked with youtube rep and he said everything looked fine on their end and recommended I talk with my ISP, lol!
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,725 mod
    augustgolf wrote:

    Buzzkill wrote:


    Hooked up new modem but Hulu still buffering. Doing a 7 day trial with Sling Blue at the moment with no buffer issues. I'll try a couple more services as well.




    Are you hardwiring Hulu or using wifi?



    Initially, when I got Netfllix, I wifi'ed it, but encountered the buffering. Not that it is hardwired into my Firestick, which is hardwired into the modem, the only time I lose connectivity is when the cable goes down - which, with Spectrum/Time Warner (don't get me started) is about 6-8 times/day. Yet, when it goes down (actually IF it goes down) with the technician here, they say they will look into it, but nothing gets resolved. Resets the DVR 2-3 times a day as well, causing my wife to miss her soap operas



    Me - I don't watch as much TV. If it were up to me, I'd have the highest speed internet alone, run whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, right thru the laptop and chromecast it whatever I have hooked up to chromecast.



    But, that's just me...




    Wifi.
  • aarbroaarbro Members Posts: 149 ✭✭

    Rangeballz wrote:


    I just checked into Gears TV and I'm impressed. It offers an amazing amount of content for $25/month (less if you prepay), also free PPV events. I wonder what the catch is.......




    This is the catch, you need a subscription for each TV in the house if you intend to watch simultaneously. I have 3 TV's in my household, so I pay around $50 a month using Mayfair Guides with it which I highly recommend.


    What device do you use to watch Gears on your tv?
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers Posts: 6,031 ✭✭
    Buzzkill wrote:

    Buzzkill wrote:

    Buzzkill wrote:


    Hooked up new modem but Hulu still buffering. Doing a 7 day trial with Sling Blue at the moment with no buffer issues. I'll try a couple more services as well.




    Added Youtube TV last night so we'll see how it competes with Sling.




    Just cancelled Youtube TV trial period. Tried to connect to Youtube TV this morning and it said my account was disabled - talked with youtube rep and he said everything looked fine on their end and recommended I talk with my ISP, lol!




    well that stinks. was a quick honeymoon
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,725 mod
    Yanki01 wrote:

    Buzzkill wrote:

    Buzzkill wrote:

    Buzzkill wrote:


    Hooked up new modem but Hulu still buffering. Doing a 7 day trial with Sling Blue at the moment with no buffer issues. I'll try a couple more services as well.




    Added Youtube TV last night so we'll see how it competes with Sling.




    Just cancelled Youtube TV trial period. Tried to connect to Youtube TV this morning and it said my account was disabled - talked with youtube rep and he said everything looked fine on their end and recommended I talk with my ISP, lol!




    well that stinks. was a quick honeymoon


    Yep!
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,346 ✭✭
    Buzzkill wrote:

    Yanki01 wrote:

    Buzzkill wrote:

    Buzzkill wrote:

    Buzzkill wrote:


    Hooked up new modem but Hulu still buffering. Doing a 7 day trial with Sling Blue at the moment with no buffer issues. I'll try a couple more services as well.




    Added Youtube TV last night so we'll see how it competes with Sling.




    Just cancelled Youtube TV trial period. Tried to connect to Youtube TV this morning and it said my account was disabled - talked with youtube rep and he said everything looked fine on their end and recommended I talk with my ISP, lol!




    well that stinks. was a quick honeymoon


    Yep!




    Why didnt you just ask if they could come to your house and fix it?



    ; )
  • OfficeNerdOfficeNerd Members Posts: 61
    NBC Gold $50 for the year. Thursday-Sunday for most tournaments. Decent additional golf content.
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Play Golf With Him The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,678 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 6, 2019 8:31pm #222
    Gnomesteel wrote:


    YouTube TV
    Yeppers👌🏼!!



    I also get Hulu and I get it on my phone, tablet and TV



    Great stuff!!



    I’m startin to love this smart phone, technology yada yada yada image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />



    Stay well🍻

    RP
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,725 mod
    bscinstnct wrote:




    Why didnt you just ask if they could come to your house and fix it?



    ; )




    Actually I figured it out since my last post - looks like I have an old gmail account which is "Branded" whatever the heck that means that's conflicting with YTTV. Anyway, I'm able now to watch it since the trial period is still running for another week BUT not sure I'm going to give them my business since they (google and youtube) couldn't figure out my viewing problem earlier. On a positive note, no buffer with YYTV and my Hulu is buffering as I write this post.
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,576 ✭✭
    Yanki01 wrote:
    going to be running ethernet from our 3rd bedroom where the modem/router is into all rooms and living area to have that ability. get an ethernet switch if you have multiple devices in one area (smart tv, streaming device, game console, ect).





    off topic - why is this in tour talk?




    Ahhh that brings me back to my Ethernet crimping days
Sign In or Register to comment.