...ask toll bros?

Epic Flash SZ / 9* / DRIVER SHAFT TBD
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    SC Kombi-s / 35.5"

• Hokie2k5Hokie2k5 Members Posts: 1,187 ✭✭
    How close is the XD to the KKDCTX shaft? I'm currently gaming the KKDC in 70TX and love almost everything about it but I'm going to be experimenting with new driver heads over the next few weeks and wondering how different it will be than what I have.

Currently I'm slated to test Tensei Pro Orange, Tensei Pro White, AD TP, HZRDUS Smoke & Even Flow White and wondering if the XD should be an option as well.

My favorite thing about the KKDC is the ability to have the same feel regardless of whether I'm smoothing one out there or really going after one, the shaft seems to react the exact same way. The old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it" would certainly apply here but this GolfWRX image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crazy:' />
    TS3 8.5* KKDC Silver TiNi 70TX
    917F2 15* Diamana LTD Blue 80TX
    816H1 19* MRC Tensei Blue 80X
    718 TMB 4-W KBS $-Taper S+
    SM7 50F/54S/58D KBS Tour S+
    Cameron 009 SSS 350
  • Go_TimeGo_Time _ Members Posts: 2,311 ✭✭
    Anyone have tipping and cutting recommendations for the 80TX XD for an M3 3-Wood? Have the 70TX tipped .5 inches in driver and feel like it's pretty good at that stiffness for me.
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,393 ✭✭
    Go_Time wrote:

Anyone have tipping and cutting recommendations for the 80TX XD for an M3 3-Wood? Have the 70TX tipped .5 inches in driver and feel like it's pretty good at that stiffness for me.
    i'd honestly try just .5" total in the 3w...you might not want to tip these too much in fairways; might not get off the ground. you could always do more.

Epic Flash SZ / 9* / DRIVER SHAFT TBD
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ / DF 70TX tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash / 5 / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    SC Kombi-s / 35.5"

• mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 614 ✭✭
    gioguy21 wrote:

Rpete33 wrote:

Wish I could get a 90tx XD or XT to give it a try in my 3 wood
    ...ask toll bros?

Toll is great - I do know that JD's Clubs has these, too. I got mine through him!
  • pallagrinpallagrin Members Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Hokie2k5 wrote:

How close is the XD to the KKDCTX shaft? I'm currently gaming the KKDC in 70TX and love almost everything about it but I'm going to be experimenting with new driver heads over the next few weeks and wondering how different it will be than what I have.

Currently I'm slated to test Tensei Pro Orange, Tensei Pro White, AD TP, HZRDUS Smoke & Even Flow White and wondering if the XD should be an option as well.

My favorite thing about the KKDC is the ability to have the same feel regardless of whether I'm smoothing one out there or really going after one, the shaft seems to react the exact same way. The old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it" would certainly apply here but this GolfWRX image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crazy:' />

I'd consider the KKXD and KKDCXT different shafts. I went down this rabbit hole recently and stuck with the KKDCXT. Interested to see what you find though! Most of my information was from Toll who was awesome during the process.
  • Gtyler14Gtyler14 Members Posts: 637 ✭✭
    Go_Time wrote:

I have a 80TX tipped 1.25 in my m1 3 wood and it works good. Shaft feels good tipped that much but I play my dc 70TX tipped 1 inch in my driver also.
    Tour issue M4 8.5 w/ Kuro Kage dual core 70TX tipped 1” 44”
    Tour issue M1 T3 14.3 Kuro Kage dual core 80TX tipped 1 42.5” or Diamana bf 80TX tipped 1
    Tour issue TM m1 3HL 17.8 fujikura p95x tipped 1 41.75”
    TM 790 UDI x100 39.75
    TM 750 tour Proto 4-pw tour issue x100
    TM MG AB 54 Tour issue x100
    TM MG AB 60 tour issue x100
    Nike method 001
    Scotty Cameron select Newport 2
  • Axman55Axman55 Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    Hokie2k5 wrote:

Honestly they are two completely different feeling shafts in my opinion. The DCXT is pretty smooth and like you said takes all kinds of tempos and reacts appropriately. The XD demands your full attention in my opinion. If you ease up a little your gonna hit a weak fade. If your uber aggressive its a great shaft. My best balls with the XD are when I really go after it. There is a real pop with this shaft when it unloads. It knocks off a lot of spin and launches in a low mid window and keeps going. I think both shafts are great and like any other equipment choice it just comes down to what your swing is like and what you want to feel.
    Cobra F9 Tensei Pro White 70TX or Accra TZ6 65 X?
    Cobra F9 Tour 14.5 Tensei Pro White 80TX
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Accra TZ6 85X
    Srixon 785 4-PW CTaper
    Vokey SM6 52F CTaper
    Vokey SM6 58L (bent to 57) & 62M TT Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport
  • mattsammattsam New Orleans/Benton HarborMembers Posts: 1,670 ✭✭
    I had a fantastic driving weekend with my XD60. This shaft flat out launches the ball! Low spin bombs. I will not be looking at driver shafts for many years, it’s that good.
    Taylormade M1 2017 440 10.5 Tour Issue Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD60 stiff
    Adams Ti 14.5 Fujikura Ventus 7s
    Titleist 816 19 deg hybrid with Fujikura Atmos 75 Red Tour Spec Stiff
    Miura 4-pw Passing Point 9003 Aerofiber SteelFiber i80 Regular
    Miura GW Passing Point 9003 straight neck Aerotech SteelFiber tour Stiff
    Miura SW 56 K Grind Aerotech SteelFiber i110 Stiff
    PXG Milled Zulu 60 deg S400 tour issue
    Bettinardi DASS Jam Mallet Limited Run 32" 1.25 deg loft 69 deg
    Taylormade TP5
    Adidas Boost XT 360      
  • BSchwarzkoffBSchwarzkoff Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I've had mine since May. Long, low spin, nice mid-high trajectory and very accurate. 12 of 14 fairways averaged the last 3 rounds, and the misses were playable.
  • YoureStillAway1YoureStillAway1 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Can see the 70 and 80 in the future for my driver and 3-wood. Huge fan of this shaft. Unless it’s complete crap, I’m all over this.
    Does anyone have an 80TX they don't like? not too many reviews on the 80
  • gioria126gioria126 Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    I played with my XD50s + M3 9.5 for a month (came from CK Pro Orange + Epic SZ). So straight and fade. I'm a drawer and never can hit a fade with my driver. Now with this shaft, I found it's opposite, so difficult to hit a draw and I even end up push right or duck hook left with bad result. I decide to following its nature hitting fade going forward.
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    Rpete33 wrote:

Very hard to draw this shaft, could easily be my swing but the more I play with this shaft the more I like it. Added a few grams to my head and seemed to give me great control

It's not the easiest to turn over but thats one of the benefits of this shaft. It's #2 on my list of what I'd play when pressed. Beautiful low spin cuts that still release is a wonderful thing.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 614 ✭✭
    Toll, what is #1?!?
  • Lefty28Lefty28 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    mjbaker80 wrote:

Toll, what is #1?!?

Has to be the Synergy Black
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer Members Posts: 508 ✭✭
    Lefty28 wrote:

mjbaker80 wrote:

Toll, what is #1?!?

Has to be the Synergy Black
    I asked the same question and he said Synergy Black.
    I've got both Synergy Black and KKXD image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer Members Posts: 508 ✭✭
    Go_Time wrote:

I've got both Synergy Black and KKXD image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    AND, which do you prefer and why?
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,873 ✭✭
    mjbaker80 wrote:

Toll, what is #1?!?

I play synergy black 70tx.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #233
    SMUGamer wrote:

Go_Time wrote:

I prefer and play the KKXD, mostly because I personally prefer the firmer feel and crispness. I also have a 70TX PO - which feels like a more stable Synergy Black, in my opinion.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Lefty28Lefty28 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    SMUGamer wrote:
    Go_Time wrote:

I’ve got both as well. Haven’t had a chance to game the synergy much since I picked it up from Toll, but early results are promising. The KKXD did not disappoint at all and I used it for much of the season.
  • KmacKmac Members Posts: 688 ✭✭
    edited Nov 11, 2018 #235
    I’ve got one of these collecting dust if anyone is looking. XD60 stiff with a Ping tip. Moved on to the 785 so no need for the XD. Hit me up.
  • 300_Straight300_Straight Members Posts: 954 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:

mjbaker80 wrote:

Toll, what is #1?!?

I play synergy black 70tx.

You switched from the KK DC TX?

I'm pumped I just picked up a KK DC 70TX and am going to try it in both an Epic SZ and Cobra LTD Pro. My heart belongs to the LTD Pro, but we will see the numbers. Excited to see how much lower launch/spin it is than the stock Rogue 95 image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    King LTD Pro 7.5 F / Pro Orange 70TX Tipped 3/4" - 44.5"
    Exotics XCG7 Beta 13*
    '94 Callaway Big Bertha 3 - 9 irons
    46* SM7 / 50* (TBD) / 54* Top Flite / 58* (TBD)
    Old Odyssey Mallet