Putter making questions

lblanton1 ·  
lblanton1lblanton1 Members  18WRX Points: 0Handicap: 5Posts: 18
I am a total newb here, and actually I am not even sure I am a newb, I am really just curious about making putters, and I am not even sure what questions to ask. Is there a machine you can buy to make a putter that's affordable? What are the steps in the process? How does one going about learning how to make a putter or refinishing a putter? I am interested in both of these things but have no experience in metal workings or anything of that nature but I would really like to learn. Any direction would be great.
Posted:

Comments

• Etiger83Etiger83 Members  1339WRX Points: 92Posts: 1,339 Platinum Tees
    As far as machinery, a used Bridgeport mill is pretty much your best bet here. If you aren’t machinery savvy I would recommend taking a metal working/welding class through a trade school if you can find one. <br />
    <br />
    Also google the “I built my own putter” threads on here for inspiration
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.