Chambers Bay

Looking to book Chambers Bay Golf Trip in July and was wondering if you had any suggestions on caddies, restaurants and how the hotel Murano is to stay. Looking to do a golf package that included Chambers Bay, The Home Course and Golf Mountain. Any suggestions would be great. Looking to stay 4 nights and play 6 rounds. Thanks.
Rogue 10.5* GD IZ 6s
Rogue 17* GD IZ 7s
Titleist H1 21* & 25* GDHY 85s
Srixon 565/765 5-AW N.S. Pro Modus 105s
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M N.S.Pro Modus Wedge 115
Bettinardi Queen B6/B8
Taylormade TP5X
Tagged:

Comments

• glk23glk23 Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    I live in Tacoma and stayed at the Hotel Murano a couple of years ago. It is a very nice place with an excellent bar/restaurant. There are also plenty of places to eat/drink within walking distance or a short drive. I have only played Chambers once and did not take a caddy so can't be helpful. Both the Home Course and Gold Mountain should be in great shape that time of year. Let me know if there are other specifics I can help you with.
  • bradskibradski Members Posts: 2,326 ✭✭

any updates on the new greens and condition of the course?

• WestCoastHackerWestCoastHacker Members Posts: 160 ✭✭

@bradski said:
    any updates on the new greens and condition of the course?

Played Chambers on Sunday. On the positive side, there is grass on the greens, which a massive improvement over where things were a few years ago. Bad news is that they are still bumpy and slow. I suspect it will get better over the course of the year.

The rest of the course is more or less as it always was IMO.

915D2 (10.5)
    915F 3w
    913H (19) - Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY
    Titleist AP3 4-PW - Project X 6.5
    Vokey SM7 (50, 54 & 60)
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 (2012)
  • James the Hogan FanJames the Hogan Fan Members Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I have not stayed at the Morano but looking at where it is off a map there are a number of things to do in the immediate area there. There is an “Old Spaghetti Factory” a couple blocks away. It’s a chain but it’s good, has large portions, and is cheap. ($12-20 per plate including soup/salad and small ice cream) It’s also one of the first ones after Portland and Seattle.

If it’s your thing Wright Park is a great place to have a picnic. There is also the well-regarded Tacoma museum of glass. One thing though, in the area of downtown you MUST keep valuables out of sight in your car and preferably not in your car at all. I know its said a million times but I had my jacket stolen out of my car in Seattle, and I’ve heard of worse in Tacoma. That said, the area around the course is actually really nice, budget some time to walk around the park near the course.

I wish I could remember the name of the caddy in our group. He wasn’t mine but he told some great stories to the whole group during waits. If you get him you’ll have a good time. Maaaaybe it was George? But I honestly don’t remember.

Golfing in Finland!