Miura 1957 Small Blade/Baby Blade enthusiasts thread! (Lots of enabling and physics lessons inside)

Comments

• EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,429 ✭✭
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • DeNinnyDeNinny Major Wiener Members Posts: 7,976 ✭✭

Yeah seriously they caught my eye as I was doing a BB search ('cause you can never have too many backup BB sets). It's such a masterpiece blade design by Founders Club and then the icing on the cake is the Miura forging. I've seen and knew about Miura forged Nicklaus Muirfields but this was the first time I've seen Founders Club blades forged by Miura. So pretty!
    TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
    TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
    Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
    Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
    GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
    34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
    Outlaw Golf Association Member #7
    Just got done playing nine with my Retro TBs. It was soggy out, fairways were soft and winds were 15-20mph. Most memorable shot was coming in on #9. My approach was 150 yds out into a right to left headwind. I hit a nice 4i cut and landed it at the pin leaving a 20 footer back for birdie. Made it and managed a 42 somehow.

I hit several really nice and awesome feeling shots with the

Retros. But still they are just a tad below my BBs. Besides the head size, the shafts are original Rifle 5.0s on the Retros and my BB sets have Nippon NS Pro 950 and 850gh shafts. This could also be part of the difference.

Regardless, my next round is definitely going to be with my Cal Hotties BB set. I got the kangaroo grips on them now. They are a really nice soft leather. Can't wait to try them.

Registered Bladeocrat
  • dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,332 ✭✭
    They're real expensive. image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
    WITB 4/30/19
    • TM M1 440 9.5° HZRDUS yeller settings all whacked out
    • FW shopping   (TM M1 3HL stock KK is here but having off the deck issues with it)
    • Adams CB3 4-G KBS Tour 90 molested in a thread here somewheres  (baby blades ready for when my swing catches up)
    • Wedges TBD rockin a OG Snake Eyes EV 56° until then 
    • PING Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
    dan360 wrote:

That's only what you say just before you buy a set.

Then you forget all that after hitting and owning it.

In my experience, the BBs are totally worth every penny just because you cannot find another iron out there that performs and feels so well. And also made with such good quality.

LOL feel free to make me an offer on my Retro TBs set, aka my 'Dirty Girls'. I sell to friends cheep! I'm on the fence about selling them, though. (And FWIW for a few beers I will also "rent" them out to friends that have to play "forgiving" crap.)

Registered Bladeocrat
  • A.G. Pennypacker A.G. Pennypacker Members Posts: 487 ✭✭
    DeNinny wrote:

dan360 wrote:

In my experience, the BBs are totally worth every penny just because you cannot find another iron out there that performs and feels so well. And also made with such good quality.

LOL feel free to make me an offer on my Retro TBs set, aka my 'Dirty Girls'. I sell to friends cheep! I'm on the fence about selling them, though. (And FWIW for a few beers I will also "rent" them out to friends that have to play "forgiving" crap.)

Got an extra set of BB heads you wanna sell? haha

Pretty tough to get your hands on these not built already. I want my local miura fitter to fit me and build them, but he can't get any heads. There's a set of original BB heads for sale here on the forum, but the 4i is a bit damaged, which I'm not thrilled about.

DeNinny wrote:

dan360 wrote:

Pretty tough to get your hands on these not built already. I want my local miura fitter to fit me and build them, but he can't get any heads. There's a set of original BB heads for sale here on the forum, but the 4i is a bit damaged, which I'm not thrilled about.

LOL sorry, bro. I don't have any and if I did I would hoard them for myself. To quote Gollum, "MY PRECIOUS!!!"

But LOL if you are nice maybe rebby will let you into his basement for one of the sets he bought and forgot.

FYI I was checking for a friend with my Miura dealer and he said BB heads inventory is low, BUT he said he is getting heads again by late April. From what I understand from him, the BB line is still in production by Miura but it is now a 'limited edition' series which means it isn't stocked and made at the same frequency as standard offerings. Eventually your fitter should be able to get some.

And yeah I see more used sets on eBay than heads only.

Registered Bladeocrat
    DeNinny wrote:

LOL sorry, bro. I don't have any and if I did I would hoard them for myself. To quote Gollum, "MY PRECIOUS!!!"

But LOL if you are nice maybe rebby will let you into his basement for one of the sets he bought and forgot.

FYI I was checking for a friend with my Miura dealer and he said BB heads inventory is low, BUT he said he is getting heads again by late April. From what I understand from him, the BB line is still in production by Miura but it is now a 'limited edition' series which means it isn't stocked and made at the same frequency as standard offerings. Eventually your fitter should be able to get some.

Haha I pm'd rebby last week, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Maybe I'll get lucky when he gets around to checking his messages.

In the meantime, anyone reading this, if you want to unload a 4-p set of BB heads, let me know! (you don't have to ship em to Canada, I have an address in the states too)
    One of the reasons I got my **** Stars set was because at the time Miura was being bought and I got scurred that they might stop making the BB.

But hopefully they will keep making them even as a limited edition line. I think as long as there is a steady demand, they will keep the line.

I'll shed a tear for Miura-san if they ever become obsolete.

Registered Bladeocrat
    I'm too low class for my local Miura fitter. He won't return my calls.
    WITB 4/30/19
    • FW shopping   (TM M1 3HL stock KK is here but having off the deck issues with it)
    • Adams CB3 4-G KBS Tour 90 molested in a thread here somewheres  (baby blades ready for when my swing catches up)
    dan360 wrote:

I'm too low class for my local Miura fitter. He won't return my calls.

You were always a Snake Eyes Smith and Wesson kinda blade guy anyway.

In other news, I just got back from hitting balls at the range today with my Cal Hotties. And I must say the Gripmaster kangaroo leather stitchbacks are awesome. They have made a huge difference in feel as compared to the NO1 silastomer grips on them before. The way the leather more naturally molds against my hands and how it damps the feel of a miss hit is just fantastic. And then the solid 'thwack' feel of a pure strike is not lost one bit with leather either. I swear, whenever I hit a really pure shot with either of my BB sets, the feel of it puts a big grin on my face and sometimes I even let out a small giggle. And it never gets old.

Registered Bladeocrat
  • bladehunterbladehunter Rain rain go the hell away ! south carolinaMembers Posts: 26,740 ✭✭
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21 ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-pw  Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • PopIt&DropItPopIt&DropIt Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    I'd reccomend anyone looking for heads message kaaayelll. He has been great to deal with for me and last I saw had a couple sets of heads, one of which had no paintfill and looked incredible. I really need to get around to pulling the paint out of mine. I've been putting it off due to hating doing it but man they looked awesome!
    DeNinny wrote:

DeNinny wrote:

dan360 wrote:

Interesting that they will still be available. I was in a serious scramble to get as many as I could when I found out they were discontinued. Good to know there will be some new ones being put out there still!
    A kind hearted soul took pity on me.

3-PW. Brand new. No paintfill. More later.

WITB 4/30/19
  • bladehunterbladehunter Rain rain go the hell away ! south carolinaMembers Posts: 26,740 ✭✭
    welcome aboard !!
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21 ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-pw  Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
    dan360 wrote:

I'm guessing those are the same no paintfill heads I mentioned a couple posts up image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> Truly a thing of beauty. Congratulations! I'm almost motivated enough to take on the project of removing the fill on mine and I hate doing it. But they just look too good!
    edited Apr 20, 2018 #109
    dan360 wrote:

Finally.

Get ready for some WRX BB double dates folks.

Registered Bladeocrat
    DeNinny wrote:

dan360 wrote:

Finally.

I wanna come!
    edited Apr 20, 2018 #111

DeNinny wrote:

dan360 wrote:

Finally.

I wanna come!

I've always wanted to play in a BB only foursome. And I would definitely want you in the group! Seriously, hit me up to play if you ever get out to Portland.

And LOL I'm really trying to be at dan360's BB cherry pop first round. I wanna see him giggle like a little schoolgirl when he nuts his 3i off the tee for the first time. LOL I'm more excited than he is about him playing them. I've already named them his 'Ice Queens' and even picked out his ferrules.

Registered Bladeocrat
  • rebbyrebby CNH 320 ClubWRX Posts: 2,189 ✭✭

DeNinny wrote:

Haha I pm'd rebby last week, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Maybe I'll get lucky when he gets around to checking his messages.

In the meantime, anyone reading this, if you want to unload a 4-p set of BB heads, let me know! (you don't have to ship em to Canada, I have an address in the states too)

Yeah, sorry about that. My 8 year-old is currently recovering from heart surgery #8. Been some on/off complications this week so I've fallen behind on a bunch of things. Although I've been able to kill some downtime on the forums, getting back to my IMs have taken a backseat. When we do make it home though (next few days if all goes well?), I do plan on putting together a BST of my extras (gross invoice should be in the $850k range, so I'm going to hit my max out of pocket again this year). For starters, I have a bunch of shafts for drivers and irons. Once I'm able to rate the condition of that the aforementioned 1957s and assess a value, I'll decide what to do with them. At this point I'm leaning towards selling them (3-PW FWIW).
    G400, Atmos FOH 6x | TEE CB Pro F2, Atmos Blue 8x
    Miura 1957 2/4-PW, KBS Tour-V 125 - TM P730 3-PW, KBS $-Taper 125
    Ben Hogan Equalizer 53/58, KBS Tour-V 120
    Mann Mini - Cameron CT | TP5x | My WITB Thread
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,429 ✭✭
    rebby wrote:

DeNinny wrote:

Yeah, sorry about that. My 8 year-old is currently recovering from heart surgery #8. Been some on/off complications this week so I've fallen behind on a bunch of things. Although I've been able to kill some downtime on the forums, getting back to my IMs have taken a backseat. When we do make it home though (next few days if all goes well?), I do plan on putting together a BST of my extras (gross invoice should be in the $850k range, so I'm going to hit my max out of pocket again this year). For starters, I have a bunch of shafts for drivers and irons. Once I'm able to rate the condition of that the aforementioned 1957s and assess a value, I'll decide what to do with them. At this point I'm leaning towards selling them (3-PW FWIW).

All the bests to your 8 year old, you and Family!

#PrayersUp
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • kaaayelllkaaayelll Members Posts: 802 ✭✭
    edited Apr 21, 2018 #115
    DeNinny wrote:

DeNinny wrote:

dan360 wrote:

Finally.

I wanna come!

I've always wanted to play in a BB only foursome. And I would definitely want you in the group! Seriously, hit me up to play if you ever get out to Portland.

And LOL I'm really trying to be at dan360's BB cherry pop first round. I wanna see him giggle like a little schoolgirl when he nuts his 3i off the tee for the first time. LOL I'm more excited than he is about him playing them. I've already named them his 'Ice Queens' and even picked out his ferrules.

You will definitely hear from me anytime I'm around Portland. A range buddy of mine fondled mine and fell in love yesterday. I suspect we will have some double dates soon. And man some no paint fill with icy ferrules sounds really nice! Cant wait to see.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    rebby wrote:

DeNinny wrote:

Sorry to hear it Rebby! Prayers sent your way and thanks for taking the time share your knowledge in here while going through it. I'm sure I can speak for everyone who has PMd you that no apology is needed.

DeNinny wrote:

DeNinny wrote:

dan360 wrote:

Finally.

I wanna come!

You will definitely hear from me anytime I'm around Portland. A range buddy of mind fondled mine and fell in love yesterday. I suspect we will have some double dates soon. And man some no paint fill with icy ferrules sounds really nice! Cant wait to see.

The no paintfill look is "ice cold" to me, so 'Ice Queens' are ice cold too but still soooo **** hawt. dan360 already sent me a teaser pic of one of the heads and the name just popped in my head as soon as I saw them. Before I paintfilled my Cal Hotties I really considered leaving them with no paint. It's like a woman that is so beautiful she needs no makeup and is still hotter than those that do.

LOL and it all starts with the fondling. I have another buddy that is considering a set after having seen, fondled, and hit a couple of my Cal Hotties. LOL ever since I got them and my **** Stars he always lusts after them when we play. If he gets a set then with dan360 I'm going to at least get the three of us in a group.

I was wondering how many BB players have ever seen other BBs at random out at the course. At my last Bandon trip I did not see a BB set, but while waiting for a shuttle bus I met a guy with some Tournament Blades. That was only the third time that I ever came across another Miura player. During that same trip I had the starter at Bandon Preserve tell me that he's never seen a set like mine and that it is always nice to see blades still. I asked him if he played them and he said yes but all he sees are CBs all day long. I told him I know and I just put my head down about it and keep looking at my own clubs.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:3651124]

Also rebby I hope everything works out. Thinking positive thoughts for you.

Registered Bladeocrat
    rebby wrote:

No need to apologize, all the best to your family. Must be incredibly stressful at times.

I too bought a set of BB heads off one of the other members here last week. Got some shafts coming in the mail as well. Can't wait to get these built, should be just in time for my course to open (still a foot of snow on the ground here, it's been the worst winter of my life - literally).

To the gents that were talking about ferrules... where do you shop for them? I looked around on ebay a bit, but I can't sort the junk from the... not junk.
    These guys make some great and unique ferrules!

Link to the ferrule shop is in their home page. Glad you got yourself some BBs!
    edited Apr 21, 2018 #120

To the gents that were talking about ferrules... where do you shop for them? I looked around on ebay a bit, but I can't sort the junk from the... not junk.

msfix13 on eBay is the place to go. Also (***IMPORTANT***) you have to get the 0.570 o.d. size to fit the wider BB hosel.

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_mwBanner=1&sid=msfix13&isRefine=true&_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m4084.l1313.TR3.TRC0.A0.H0.X.570+fe.TRS0&_nkw=.570+ferrule

Registered Bladeocrat
  • rebbyrebby CNH 320 ClubWRX Posts: 2,189 ✭✭
    DeNinny wrote:

The no paintfill look is "ice cold" to me, so 'Ice Queens' are ice cold too but still soooo **** hawt. dan360 already sent me a teaser pic of one of the heads and the name just popped in my head as soon as I saw them. Before I paintfilled my Cal Hotties I really considered leaving them with no paint. It's like a woman that is so beautiful she needs no makeup and is still hotter than those that do.

LOL and it all starts with the fondling. I have another buddy that is considering a set after having seen, fondled, and hit a couple of my Cal Hotties. LOL ever since I got them and my **** Stars he always lusts after them when we play. If he gets a set then with dan360 I'm going to at least get the three of us in a group.

I was wondering how many BB players have ever seen other BBs at random out at the course. At my last Bandon trip I did not see a BB set, but while waiting for a shuttle bus I met a guy with some Tournament Blades. That was only the third time that I ever came across another Miura player. During that same trip I had the starter at Bandon Preserve tell me that he's never seen a set like mine and that it is always nice to see blades still. I asked him if he played them and he said yes but all he sees are CBs all day long. I told him I know and I just put my head down about it and keep looking at my own clubs.

Also rebby I hope everything works out. Thinking positive thoughts for you.

I've never seen a set of BB on the course other than mine. I do have a friend who has a set of black oxide Miura lefty blades (he's on WRX as well) but that's the only other set of Miura blades that I've ever seen "out in the wild". A few members at my club have recently bought into the new Miura (GI/SGI) offerings though.

Thanks to everybody who offered up prayers for my son. His surgery went very well and his recovery is coming along nicely as well. His cardiologist is already excited to get him back into the cath lab for another angioplasty!
    G400, Atmos FOH 6x | TEE CB Pro F2, Atmos Blue 8x
    Miura 1957 2/4-PW, KBS Tour-V 125 - TM P730 3-PW, KBS $-Taper 125
    Ben Hogan Equalizer 53/58, KBS Tour-V 120
    Mann Mini - Cameron CT | TP5x | My WITB Thread