Graphite Desin Tour AD IZ vs Tensei Orange Pro

golfer1g

I think they are 2 different animals. I currently play the PO in the driver and have hit many graphite design shafts, and play GD in my hybrids. The lz is a much less tip stiff shaft, if I am not mistaken, so I would assume the launch and spin would quite a bit higher

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

Jordan I believe was using a blue board type profile prior to the lz and he has the Tour AD in all woods and hybrids... If you look, there are a ton of players using the Pro Orange and pro white.. Guys like Steve Stricker to The real Big Cat. It’s going to depend on your swing on what shaft would work ? I play the orange because I am a high ball hitter and wanted to drop as much spins as possible... If you want low low spin, the Orange is an amazing shaft

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

Haven’t tested the Tensei but I got the the IZ like the 1st day it became available (somewhat of a GD fanboy). Most GD Tour AD shafts seem to perform as billed, and the IZ was no different. For me, it performed about as close as you can get to a high launch/low spin shaft. I want mid/high launch, which it provided. The problem I had was spin was too low, like 1800-2000 rpm range.

Feel was great after getting use to it. Very consistent in terms of being able to feel it load & kick. I had the 6S w/ an Epic Head. Got rid of it and have been playing an EvenFlow Blue. Considering giving the IZ another go bc I’m a ho. May flirt with the 5S to see what the spin looks like.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was thinking but it looks like Jordan Speith and Keegan Bradley are using the IZ in their drivers. Seems old with everyone going low launch low spin lately.

Spieth has always played a slightly softer profile shaft. Blueboard -> Rogue Black -> Aldila 2KXV Blue -> AD-IZ. He doesn't spin his driver that much and needs to be able to turn over the ball so I reckon thats why.

As for the OP, definitely two different animals. We're talking a counter weighted, very stout low/low shaft vs. a non counter weighted mid/mid shaft. About the only thing they have in common is the color orange. :D

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was thinking but it looks like Jordan Speith and Keegan Bradley are using the IZ in their drivers. Seems old with everyone going low launch low spin lately.

Spieth has always played a slightly softer profile shaft. Blueboard -> Rogue Black -> Aldila 2KXV Blue -> AD-IZ. He doesn't spin his driver that much and needs to be able to turn over the ball so I reckon thats why.

As for the OP, definitely two different animals. We're talking a counter weighted, very stout low/low shaft vs. a non counter weighted mid/mid shaft. About the only thing they have in common is the color orange. :D

Couldn't believe how soft in the handle the Orange felt when I hit it. I'm not saying that's a bad thing I just didn't feel what I expected to feel. My GP is stout - to me. The orange was softer and more lively.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Couldn't believe how soft in the handle the Orange felt when I hit it. I'm not saying that's a bad thing I just didn't feel what I expected to feel. My GP is stout - to me. The orange was softer and more lively.

Ah yeah, when I think of "stout" i'm normally thinking about mid/tip and not so much the handle. Thats another area in which the Orange is very different from the IZ; soft vs stiff butt.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Ah yeah, when I think of "stout" i'm normally thinking about mid/tip and not so much the handle. Thats another area in which the Orange is very different from the IZ; soft vs stiff butt.

Orange was definitely tip stiff. Agreed. I think I was thrown off because I had just played 18 hitting my driver all round then went to a demo with a shaft that has a different profile. I'm not a shaft-whisperer but I could feel significant differences in the Orange and White compared to my GP.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• 4 weeks later...

I completely agree with everyone saying these are completely different shafts. One thing I think is interesting, however, is that Adam Scott appeared to be testing the Pro Orange and the AD IZ at the Genesis. The Orange obviously won out, but for how different these shafts are, it's odd that he was testing them at the same time.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

I completely agree with everyone saying these are completely different shafts. One thing I think is interesting, however, is that Adam Scott appeared to be testing the Pro Orange and the AD IZ at the Genesis. The Orange obviously won out, but for how different these shafts are, it's odd that he was testing them at the same time.

Adam was using the IZ at the AT&T. From what you're saying it sounds like he switched to the orange.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Adam was using the IZ at the AT&T. From what you're saying it sounds like he switched to the orange.

Yeah, he definitely had the Orange when I saw him at the Honda last weekend.

I find that pretty interesting. I followed Adam for his entire Saturday round at PB and he was crushing the driver (at least to my eye). Maybe the Orange is that much better for him.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I find that pretty interesting. I followed Adam for his entire Saturday round at PB and he was crushing the driver (at least to my eye). Maybe the Orange is that much better for him.

You could tell that he was working on trying to hit a fade when I watched him -- both on the range and on the course. Maybe moving primarily from a draw to a fade made him want to play a lower launch/spin shaft. Or maybe he's like us and is obsessed with changing shafts!

You could tell that he was working on trying to hit a fade when I watched him -- both on the range and on the course. Maybe moving primarily from a draw to a fade made him want to play a lower launch/spin shaft. Or maybe he's like us and is obsessed with changing shafts!

When I was following Adam he nuked this fade off the 9th tee. He missed the fairway on the left but he crushed a nice high fade - pretty cool to see.

I don't have enough money to change shafts all the time as much as I'd like to.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• 1 month later...

If you are looking counterbanced, wait until the new Rogue, this time designed by Mitsubishi comes to Tour soon. We just started testing the Protos a couple weeks back. Very interesting.

Any more info on this new Rogue?

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

If you are looking counterbanced, wait until the new Rogue, this time designed by Mitsubishi comes to Tour soon. We just started testing the Protos a couple weeks back. Very interesting.

Is this it?? http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1604084-aldilas-new-rogue-platinum-shaft-shot-2018-valspar/

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Haven’t tested the Tensei but I got the the IZ like the 1st day it became available (somewhat of a GD fanboy). Most GD Tour AD shafts seem to perform as billed, and the IZ was no different. For me, it performed about as close as you can get to a high launch/low spin shaft. I want mid/high launch, which it provided. The problem I had was spin was too low, like 1800-2000 rpm range.

Feel was great after getting use to it. Very consistent in terms of being able to feel it load & kick. I had the 6S w/ an Epic Head. Got rid of it and have been playing an EvenFlow Blue. Considering giving the IZ another go bc I’m a ho. May flirt with the 5S to see what the spin looks like.

IZ 6 stiff I have is way too low spin for me unfortunately, back from a fitting and the surprise winner was the DI 5 for me, unfortunately it seems like a unicorn for me to find.

TaylorMade M5 Tour 10.5  w/ Graphite Design MJ 5
TaylorMade M6 14 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 70
PXG 0317X 17 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90
PXG 0311T 3-PW w/ KBS TGI 100
PXG 0311 Milled 54/60 w/ Black Onyx DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron 009
Bridgestone Tour B X 

is the graphite design listed as high launch low spin, and anyone know the weight?

is there a link to a thread on the graphite design iz

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

We've had a chance to test both in 6S, both "best in class" shafts for their respective profiles, by far, both with different feel, performance, and design.

For the guy looking for a counterbalanced shaft to make their heavier low-spin head i.e. Taylormade M1, M3 a little more manageable, the Orange pairs spot on for the low spin / low launch set-up!

For the guy looking for a "tighter" version of the DI with T1100 graphite, and a high launch / low spin profile, the IZ is the way to go.

We have them both for demo, and will send them right to your door to experience first-hand!

Give us a call if you have any questions.

Best,

Phil

www.ShaftShack.com

1-888-751-5127

Is this it?? http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1604084-aldilas-new-rogue-platinum-shaft-shot-2018-valspar/

That's one of them. There are two models on Tour right now, but I can't really say much about them until availability comes closer.

• 2 weeks later...

That's one of them. There are two models on Tour right now, but I can't really say much about them until availability comes closer.

What's the rough ETA for the new Rogues? If you're able to disclose that is...

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

What's the rough ETA for the new Rogues? If you're able to disclose that is...

I'll be putting up a thread either Friday or Monday on the Platinum. For us, probably less than a month. For retail, several months.

• 10 months later...

Bumping this older thread up.

Any more insight

120mph driver swing speed

Currently have the Po 70tx

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

• 1 month later...

Tried both shafts today, front nine with Tensei Orange CK Pro 60 and back nine with Tour Ad IZ Stiff flex (SS 103-109 smooth tempo). Club head: M5 10.5 set at 9.75*. TO felt solid but, surpassingly soft...flight was mid to high ball with just a little draw. I missed one fairway left on #3 moving left. A few holes in I was completely comfortable with the shaft, didn't fear it getting away from me and didn't miss another fairway on the front, even on a windy day (10-15 w/20 mph gust).

Switched out shafts and when to #10. I didn't have time to try the IZ so had no idea what to expect on the tee. Hit it solid and right down the middle ball never moved and flight was a touch higher than the TO. Club head sounded completely different, more of a cracking sound at impact. The IZ has noticeably stiffer feel, wasn't harsh but, let me know that it was enough shaft for me (with TO I feel like in 60gm I could play a X with no problems). Five drives looked the same, with no hook or even draw...just ropes distance did vary a bit but, I really couldn't gauge with the wind and slow fairways. I did get way ahead one I was trying to really step I blocked to right it to the right rough.

What I personally got out of it was both shafts I could put both in bag with no issue and enjoy. Both shaft profiles seem to fit my swing. I think the IZ has a few revs more spin and was a little more accurate. The IZ felt and sounded better, (neither shaft felt super smooth for me compared to my old gamer Fuji Spdr VC 6.3 TS but, but, BOTH outperformed it). The feel part is just that fact that the TO was a little soft. I think the TO produced more ball speed...I'm going to verify on Skytrak before I return the shafts to Shaft Shack.

For now if I were to put one in the bag solely from what I experienced today it would be the IZ...if the TO was tipped a little or X the choice might be different. I don't think Shaft Shack Tips there rental shafts...anyone know?

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9* - GD Tour AD Di 6s  45.25"
Titleist TSR2 16.5" GD Tour AD Di 7x 
Mizuno MP 20 HMB 2i Nippon Modus 120s 
Mizuno MP 225 4-PW Nippon Modus 115s
TM MG2 50*, 54*, TM MG3 60*
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Doulble Wide Putter 34" 

I have the TO 70s same , high draws, very east to hit, nice shaft

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree