Miura baby blades or Ping g Irons what's a better type?

boatrightgolf7boatrightgolf7 Members Posts: 191
When it comes to irons only center impact achieves optimal distance and the Baby blades pured bar none are probably $$$$!! Due to the fact irons have a load of loft poor strikes and directional misses on average aren't that far offline. The ping g irons might make more sense for a load of golfers even tour players if fit right with the right shaft cause im sick of my misses coming up short of the green with my 6 iron!

Now in your opinion could the g outperform blades and even players clubs on total distance achieved on average to the green meaning you mis hit it on the toe now you find the left front portion of the green vs 20 yards short.

Comments

• dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,013 ✭✭
    No. Baby blades are way more forgiving. Only problem is if you miss too much towards the toe you totally whiff.

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • tucker500tucker500 Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
    Are you asking if a Ping G is more forgiving, in terms of distance and directional help on mis hits?
  • green.teagreen.tea Members Posts: 401
    Wtf
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]?[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]?[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]T-MB 3-4[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif]716 CB 5-9[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SM6 46/50/54/58[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Newport[/font]
  • Kingcat990Kingcat990 European Tailored Golf Socks Members Posts: 3,808 ✭✭
    Baby Blades are the most forgiving iron in their size.
    Wyoming Cowboys
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    green.tea wrote:

Wtf

exactly...............................
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    The Perfect Club 21*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    PING Eye 2 6-SW
    Scotty Fastback
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,586 ✭✭
    Blades or cavity backs redux.....
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 3,015 ✭✭
    Is there a question somewhere?
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • boatrightgolf7boatrightgolf7 Members Posts: 191
    edited Jan 30, 2018 #9
    green.tea wrote:

Wtf
    WTF??? HUH DERR>> Can you read pal? I said or indicted as a statistical fictional scenario per say we can assume the test totaled perfect shots and mis hits on both clubs okay? Which would be more consistent for a 6 iron say in a 182 yards test The blades are spot on when struck spot on we know this it's the obvious,however totaling good misses with the pings along with perfect shots on both clubs it could indicate that the pings are not as accurate overall despite their great forgiveness on misses as the blades outperform when struck well by 12.5 FT on average compared to the pings thus negating the total as as dead even or even on the plus side for the blades,or not it's just a hypothetical scenario ''DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION OR HAVE PERSONALLY TESTED THIS IN REAL LIFE''?
    tucker500 wrote:

Are you asking if a Ping G is more forgiving, in terms of distance and directional help on mis hits?
    No sorry I kinda missed a little paragraph I meant to type i'm multitasking on my pc and making dinner image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I meant this in a nut shell. I said or indicted as a statistical fictional scenario per say we can assume the test totaled perfect shots and mis hits on both clubs okay? Which would be more consistent for a 6 iron say in a 182 yards test The blades are spot on when struck spot on we know this it's the obvious,however totaling good misses with the pings along with perfect shots on both clubs it could indicate that the pings are not as accurate overall despite their great forgiveness on misses as the blades outperform when struck well by 12.5 FT on average compared to the pings thus negating the total as as dead even or even on the plus side for the blades,or not it's just a hypothetical scenario ''DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION OR HAVE PERSONALLY TESTED THIS IN REAL LIFE''?
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 3,015 ✭✭

green.tea wrote:

Wtf
    WTF??? HUH DERR>> Can you read pal? I said or indicted as a statistical fictional scenario per say we can assume the test totaled perfect shots and mis hits on both clubs okay? Which would be more consistent for a 6 iron say in a 182 yards test The blades are spot on when struck spot on we know this it's the obvious,however totaling good misses with the pings along with perfect shots on both clubs it could indicate that the pings are not as accurate overall despite their great forgiveness on misses as the blades outperform when struck well by 12.5 FT on average compared to the pings thus negating the total as as dead even or even on the plus side for the blades,or not it's just a hypothetical scenario ''DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION OR HAVE PERSONALLY TESTED THIS IN REAL LIFE''?

Yeah, duh!
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,186 ClubWRX
    This is one of those things worth thinking about and then forgetting.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
    dmeeksDC wrote:

This is one of those things worth thinking about and then forgetting.
    I love ya all I'll try to be less technical next time and just ask Ben Hogan in my past life.
  • mountaintopmountaintop Members Posts: 449

green.tea wrote:

Wtf

covert 2.0 driver
    baffler rail f 3w, 5w
    mp15 4i-p
    sm6 50 54 58
    8802 milled
    chrome soft
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,095 ✭✭
    Kingcat990 wrote:

Baby Blades are the most forgiving iron in their size.

True statement.

Also the heaviest , lightest and best looking. Longest distance. Highest and lowest bounce. Most tech. The list goes on and on. !
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • trashbar03trashbar03 Members Posts: 112
    Is this post the beginning of a chuck norris joke?
    Titleist 913 D3 Aldila Tour Green
    TM RBZ 15 deg Matrix Black Tie
    Titleist 712 AP2 Project X 6.0
    Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
    SC Studio Select Newport
    Pro V1
  • rebbyrebby CNH 320 ClubWRX Posts: 2,178 ✭✭
    I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here but I do love the picture of the baby blade that you selected. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    G400, Atmos FOH 6x | TEE CB Pro F2, Atmos Red 7x
    TM P730 3-PW, KBS $-Taper 125 - Miura 1957 2/4-PW, KBS Tour-V 125
    Ben Hogan TK 52/56/60, KBS Tour-V 120
    Mann Mini - Cameron CT | TP5x | My WITB Thread
  • ChipNRunChipNRun Members Posts: 1,173 ✭✭

tucker500 wrote:

... I said or indicted as a statistical fictional scenario per say we can assume the test totaled perfect shots and mis hits on both clubs okay? Which would be more consistent for a 6 iron say in a 182 yards test The blades are spot on when struck spot on we know this it's the obvious,however totaling good misses with the pings along with perfect shots on both clubs it could indicate that the pings are not as accurate overall ...

If you want to play blades, go for it!

That said, unless you get a lot of center hits, the Ping G will deliver more than anybody's blades.

I got to work out the Ping G irons in 2016 at PGA Orlando. Litmus test came with shots to a smallish target greet 175 yds. away. I hit three shots out of 3-inch deep shaggy rough. No. 1 came down on long fringe, No. 2 short fringe, and No. 3 within the length of the flagstick. Ping G delivers with a smooth swing.

What do you want? An old Golf Digest article estimated that well-struck Player's club gets you within 3 yards of pin, well struck GI 7 yards, and SGI 10 yards.

So, how good are you on center strikes? Reality check: I have run into three former small-college golfers at various benefit scrambles. All tell the same story: In college, they played blades and had maybe a 1 HDCP. Now, with family and job, they have switched to GI clubs: they can't work on their game every day, so the GIs give them more shots close to pin than harder to control Players/blades.

It's your call... hopefully influenced by reality.
    What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 95 gr. (As of 21 Nov 2018)
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +
    MD.PM 60°/10 / KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
    Putter: Slotline Inertial SL-583F / 34" w. SuperStroke 2.0 MidSlim grip
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperSoft
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • IvyguyIvyguy Members Posts: 1,408 ✭✭
    My head hurts.
  • Max2341Max2341 Max Members Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Baby Blades.............
    Driver: Titleist 917 D2 10.5 Bimatrix Proto White Stiff
    3 Wood: Titleist 917 f2 Fujikura Speeder Stiff Pro 84 15*
    Irons: Titleist 718 MB Dynamic Gold S300 3-9
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3 47(9*) 52* (12) 56*(11), 60*(8)
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1 2017
    Ball: ProV1 X 2018
  • Byrdman2230Byrdman2230 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭
    I got to “statistical fictional scenario” and quit.
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members Posts: 8,655 ✭✭
    Nobody puts Baby in the corner.

Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,095 ✭✭

Nobody puts Baby in the corner.

Except Charlie sheen ! ( Farris Bueler)
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,173 ✭✭
    It's too early in the morning to read a thread like this.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
    ChipNRun wrote:

tucker500 wrote:

... I said or indicted as a statistical fictional scenario per say we can assume the test totaled perfect shots and mis hits on both clubs okay? Which would be more consistent for a 6 iron say in a 182 yards test The blades are spot on when struck spot on we know this it's the obvious,however totaling good misses with the pings along with perfect shots on both clubs it could indicate that the pings are not as accurate overall ...

That said, unless you get a lot of center hits, the Ping G will deliver more than anybody's blades.

I got to work out the Ping G irons in 2016 at PGA Orlando. Litmus test came with shots to a smallish target greet 175 yds. away. I hit three shots out of 3-inch deep shaggy rough. No. 1 came down on long fringe, No. 2 short fringe, and No. 3 within the length of the flagstick. Ping G delivers with a smooth swing.

What do you want? An old Golf Digest article estimated that well-struck Player's club gets you within 3 yards of pin, well struck GI 7 yards, and SGI 10 yards.

So, how good are you on center strikes? Reality check: I have run into three former small-college golfers at various benefit scrambles. All tell the same story: In college, they played blades and had maybe a 1 HDCP. Now, with family and job, they have switched to GI clubs: they can't work on their game every day, so the GIs give them more shots close to pin than harder to control Players/blades.

Oh interesting very good. I'll will take the 7 yards or 21 feet all day I'm a good putter and get confidence from just hitting greens!~ Nothing frustrates me more than piping drivers all day only to hit 5 greens that were perfect shots vs 14 greens of run of the mil variety id take them all day.This would be a huge boost to my scoring average so Ping g irons with x 100 shafts and I may say goodbye to my Mizunos thanks for that stats.

green.tea wrote:

Wtf

[media=]
    Oh come on brotha a little run on sentence plus a few and you can comprehend that im saying which club has more consistent distance averages relating to yards with a 6 iron at 185.
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,013 ✭✭

ChipNRun wrote:

tucker500 wrote:

Oh interesting very good. I'll will take the 7 yards or 21 feet all day I'm a good putter and get confidence from just hitting greens!~ Nothing frustrates me more than piping drivers all day only to hit 5 greens that were perfect shots vs 14 greens of run of the mil variety id take them all day.This would be a huge boost to my scoring average so Ping g irons with x 100 shafts and I may say goodbye to my Mizunos thanks for that stats.
    There are things called commas, you should try learning how to use them.

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • Sir edward of putternutSir edward of putternut DARTH SMUG Members Posts: 1,365 ✭✭
    edited Jan 31, 2018 #28
    My mizuno mp 14s are better heel side center than dead center. Could be the case with the bb too. Pretty sure it dont matter a ding dang hootanany where u hit the ping g cuz either way, that club looks like that kid from mask (not the jim carrey movie) and the bb looks like the set that the good lord plays on sundays. Pretty sure those gs also feel like getting hit in the face with that kid from masks wiener while trying to tell you "ta dwink from da straw "
    Mizuno mp-5(px 5.5, 4-pw)
    Adams Pro 19'
    Hogan 51,55
    Callaway 60 pm grind
    Byron Morgan 007
    Callaway EpicSZ 9.0
    Mizuno JPX 900 3w

dlygrisse wrote:

ChipNRun wrote:

tucker500 wrote:

There are things called commas, you should try learning how to use them.
    Maybe so I still kinda feel commas are for people to lazy to write describing words https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/06/who-really-cares-about-the-oxford-comma/487475/
  • jadedennilljadedennill Members Posts: 209 ✭✭

green.tea wrote:

Wtf

[media=]
    Oh come on brotha a little run on sentence plus a few and you can comprehend that im saying which club has more consistent distance averages relating to yards with a 6 iron at 185.

Any GI will have more consistency with every club at every distance if taking into account mishits. Any blade will be dialed in if only talking centre hits.

This is obviously a rhetorical question, no?

I can’t believe I wasted this much time reading something so useless. And then posted about it!
  • matchavezmatchavez Members Posts: 4,077 ✭✭
    Baby Blades rhyme with Training Aides for a reason...