Now in retail stores - Roger Dunn Santa Ana
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • freddiedavis65freddiedavis65 Gadsden, ALMembers Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Played the Cut Blue this weekend in my member guest. It played similar to a K Sig but I didn’t like the look quite as much. I don’t know if it is the color or the font. I do like how it has a line on one side of the ball to help line up putts. I thought they were long and had plenty of spin on irons but not as much on chip/pitch shots. Will use this from now on as my Saturday ball due to price but will not use in competitive rounds anymore.
  • AltaGuyAltaGuy Members Posts: 32
    That’s awesome for Cut. I am still playing the Cut Blue - pretty similar to ProV/ZStar for me - a lot of spin, good distance. I still play the XV on windy days, but for everything else the Blue is just a top-notch ball.
    PING Anser 9.5* driver, Ahina 70x, 44"
    PING G15 17* 4 wood, OG Whiteboard 73s
    TEE 3 Hybrid 20* XRail, GD G64s
    PING iBlade 4-PW, Nippon Pro Modus 105x
    Titleist Vokey 2009 Spin-Milled 52* and 56* wedges, black nickel
    PING Tour-W 60* wedge
    Rife Aussie Black, IBF-Tour Edition
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers Posts: 3,287 ✭✭
    I'm happy they made a matte white ball. Hey @CutGolf can we order a matte sample pack dozen with a sleeve of each color?
  • Imhappyinthe80sImhappyinthe80s Members Posts: 441 ✭✭
    edited Nov 18, 2018 #306
    It looks like cut Grey for me, any reviews or comparisons

Edit : I just searched the whole thread, apologies.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
    Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
    Ping Glide 50 SS
    Cleveland CG16 , 56
    Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers Posts: 3,287 ✭✭
    Use "matte30" for 30% off of matte golf balls. This is a great deal. Also works for apparel.
    Doesn't work on the matte white
    Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
    Ping Glide 50 SS
    Cleveland CG16 , 56
  • sosob34sosob34 Members Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Doesn't work on the matte white

MATTE30 - all caps worked for me on matte white.
    I tried several time several order 7doz, 10 doz... wouldn't take it
    Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
    Ping Glide 50 SS
    Cleveland CG16 , 56
  • sosob34sosob34 Members Posts: 175 ✭✭

Sorry. Apparently it doesn't work on bulk buys.
  • jlevitt9jlevitt9 Members Posts: 607 ✭✭
    edited Nov 24, 2018 #312
    Allow me to add to this thread. I played the Cut Blue for the first time today. A bit about my game:

2.3 hcp

112 SS

Usual gamer - Srixon Zstar or XV. Prov1 or 1x or Cally Chrome Soft if a chilly AM round.

I'm of the mindset that the difference in comparable premium urethane balls are like splitting hairs and really comes down to preference and how YOU tend to compress/hit the ball.

First thing I did was put a few balls down on the putting green to see how soft/clicky each was on putts. For ME, if you put a blindfold on me this thing sounds/feels dead similar to a Pro V1. Firmer than a chrome soft and slightly softer than a V1x for sure. On to the course:

Driver/off the tee - Similar to a V1x or Z-Star XV

Feels with irons/wedges - again, dead ringer for a ProV1

Spin - Similar to a ZStar XV. Wedge for wedge you could throw a towel over this and a ProV1x , but I think the V1x has ever slightly more spin for me. Within the margin or error however. First pic is a 3/4 PW with a tiny downwind breeze. With a ProV1, I think this backs up close to the mark.

Chips - Similar to an XV (good check but def more run out than a V1 and in the margin of error with V1x with edge going to V1x...again, just how I chip with it!) YMMV.

Bottom line, there is NO REASON you should not try the Cut Blue if you play a $40 a dozen ball.

It has the distance of a ProV1x or Z-Star XV with about the same spin/performance, BUT feels like a ProV1 off clubs.

And durability? Here's the worst of it after 12 holes (wanted to get a pic before I potentially lost it). Perfectly fine. Tiny Nicks that would not stop anyone but a tour pro from playing it for more holes. No cart path or trees however, just newish wedges!
    Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x
    TaylorMade - R15 3 HL - Matrix Code 8
    Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
    Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
    Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
    Cameron Select NP2

WITB Link
  • jlevitt9jlevitt9 Members Posts: 607 ✭✭
    Pics here.

Oh, and about that bright white color. If you hold it next to a V1 or similar you notice. If you just play the **** ball you forget about it after the first tee shot.
    Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x
    TaylorMade - R15 3 HL - Matrix Code 8
    Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
    Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
    Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
    Cameron Select NP2

WITB Link
  • moledaxson57moledaxson57 Members Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Cut had a good cyber Monday sale, a dozen of the blue were under $16. Also, picked up a hat for under $14
  • BacksidefloaterBacksidefloater Members Posts: 160 ✭✭

Cut had a good cyber Monday sale, a dozen of the blue were under $16. Also, picked up a hat for under $14

Yeah I picked up 4 dozen blues, great deal. I hope they don't feel much different than my xv's
    G400 Max 9*
    Rogue SZ 15*
    H818 H2 19*
    Z745 4-PW
    RTX4 50, 54, 58
    Touon San Diego
  • AbelvisAbelvis Members Posts: 34 ✭✭
    How about shipping to Europe?

Are there extra shipping costs, tax costs and clearance costs?

I've been a member of Short Par 4, but cancelled because of an extra 26,50 euros ( about 30 usd) custom costs..

I like small brand balls and would love to give these a swing and review them on sites in The Netherlands.

Also: What type balls would you recommend for a 22 hcp, 39 yo golfer who got addicted to the game a few years ago with an ambition to go to 18 in 2019? (low swing speed)
    [font=Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif]Driver: taylormade.png RBZ TP
    Woods: taylormade.png RBZ stage 2 TP Wood (15 degree)
    Hybrid: taylormade.png RBZ 4 (22 degree)
    Irons: titleist.png 718 AP 1 (5- 53 degree)
    Wedges: cleveland.png 56 & 60 Degree
    Putter: odyssey.png Versa #7
    Ball: Pearl Pure Pro
    [/font]

[font=Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif]gamegolf.png[/font]
  • AbelvisAbelvis Members Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited Dec 7, 2018 #317

Order 1 doz and then add the amount of doz you want when in the basket.
    [font=Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif]Driver: taylormade.png RBZ TP
    Woods: taylormade.png RBZ stage 2 TP Wood (15 degree)
    Hybrid: taylormade.png RBZ 4 (22 degree)
    Irons: titleist.png 718 AP 1 (5- 53 degree)
    Wedges: cleveland.png 56 & 60 Degree
    Putter: odyssey.png Versa #7
    Ball: Pearl Pure Pro
    [/font]

[font=Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif]gamegolf.png[/font]
  • Skylines1414Skylines1414 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I chatted with them on their website. They told me will be in PGASS in 2019 also they are working on a yellow version of the Blue or Grey. I am holding out for yellow before I buy again.
  • 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Everyone still liking their Cut balls?
  • Skylines1414Skylines1414 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Still like them. I'm still holding out for yellow in the grey or blue. I found a Chromesoft Yellow Truvis and that might become my new gamer. Absolutely loved the Truvis look, especially with the yellow. Also helped I shot a personal best 76 with it.
  • slide13slide13 Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭
    Just got a sleeve of Cut Blue in to check out. After reading comments I was afraid it would look really cheap compared to a ProV or even my Vice balls but I didn’t find that to be true. They look fine, logo is decent to my eye. Considering the price of them I’m considering ordering a bunch of these for my new ball for the year. Haven’t played it yet but honestly, I’m not that picky. Feels good off the putter which is what I notice most on balls and even small chips with the wedge feels good (which is the most I can do at home in the winter for testing).
    Minimal: Titleist 913 D3 / Cobra F8 4w / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie
  • RangeballzRangeballz Members Posts: 1,690 ✭✭
    Just ordered bulk (3 doz) of the Cut Blue. Can't wait to try them. Now if the weather would cooperate.......
  • belephantbelephant Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Gamed the Cut Blue last season. Great ball, definitely performs very close to the name brands for me in terms of distance and green side spin. I found it easier than other 4 piece / X balls to flight down for knockdowns and approach shots, which I considered a big plus. I do wish it was a little harder / higher compression though. Will definitely order a dozen or three of the new 2019 version to test out.
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]PING G400 Max 9° | Atmos TS Black 7X
    TaylorMade M3 15° | Atmos TS Blue 8X
    Titleist 818 H1 19° | Atmos HB TS Black 9X
    Titleist 818 H2 23° | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-P | Modus3 120TX
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 52°9, 58°10 | Modus3 120X
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64°ATV | Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Cameron Futura 6M[/font]
  • Any word on Cut coming to east coast retail?

How does everybody enjoy the new Cut balls that were in their stockings?
  • chickwebbchickwebb Members Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I got a dozen Cut Blues with the gift certificate they sent me after they failed to deliver the Cut Red/Polo Shirt that I bought from one of my sons for Christmas on time. (Not mad about that, mind you. Their customer service was great and they delivered the balls even though the shirt will be delayed until February. Plus, $20 gift certificate! image/fan_1.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fan_1:' /> ). I like them. Pretty much indistinguishable from a Vice Pro/Pro V1 in terms of distance, spin, overall feel and playability.

I will say that I played one ball for 18 holes and it was pretty beat up, despite me not doing anything dumb like bouncing it off a cart path (there are actually 2 par 5s on my home course where we try to do that on purpose in order to reach in 2) or a tree (we got a lot 'o those). I had to retire it. That was a bit disappointing, as I'll usually get 36 out of the Vice/Titleist balls before they go into the bin for the First Tee kids. Assuming I don't lose 'em first, of course.
  • BacksidefloaterBacksidefloater Members Posts: 160 ✭✭
    chickwebb wrote:

I got a dozen Cut Blues with the gift certificate they sent me after they failed to deliver the Cut Red/Polo Shirt that I bought from one of my sons for Christmas on time. (Not mad about that, mind you. Their customer service was great and they delivered the balls even though the shirt will be delayed until February. Plus, $20 gift certificate! image/fan_1.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fan_1:' /> ). I like them. Pretty much indistinguishable from a Vice Pro/Pro V1 in terms of distance, spin, overall feel and playability.

I will say that I played one ball for 18 holes and it was pretty beat up, despite me not doing anything dumb like bouncing it off a cart path (there are actually 2 par 5s on my home course where we try to do that on purpose in order to reach in 2) or a tree (we got a lot 'o those). I had to retire it. That was a bit disappointing, as I'll usually get 36 out of the Vice/Titleist balls before they go into the bin for the First Tee kids. Assuming I don't lose 'em first, of course.

Found similar results with them.

Do you know if they were the 2019 version?
    G400 Max 9*
    Rogue SZ 15*
    H818 H2 19*
    Z745 4-PW
    RTX4 50, 54, 58
    Touon San Diego
  • mattw387mattw387 Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    edited Jan 29, 2019 10:45pm #327
    chickwebb wrote:

Found similar results with them.

Interesting - I’ve never noticed any durability issues with their balls and I’ve played them over the past year.

I game a Cut Blue and through some divine intervention once played a ball for 50+ holes a few months ago on my home course, a fairly narrow track with plenty of hazards. It held up very well, despite hitting a tree or two trying to escape!

I’d also be interested to hear whether these were the newer 2019 models..

I just received them a couple of weeks ago, so I assume they are. If they've got a new version out and they're shipping old stock, that would be pretty crummy of them.
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 Members Posts: 955 ✭✭
    edited Feb 1, 2019 11:50pm #329
    chickwebb wrote:

I just received them a couple of weeks ago, so I assume they are. If they've got a new version out and they're shipping old stock, that would be pretty crummy of them.

If it says Cut Blue in the alignment line it is 2019. If it says Cut Golf Co 4u it is older model.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Cobra F9 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Wilson FG Tour v6 4-GW DG S300 AMT
    Wedge: 56/11 Wilson FG Tour PMP Raw Tour Grind[/font]

Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: [/font]Odyssey O-WORKS Red Marxman
  • nDroid3nDroid3 Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Ordered a bulk buy of the cut white matte balls. Been very happy with them.

If it says Cut Blue in the alignment line it is 2019. If it says Cut Golf Co 4u it is older model.

Mine say "Cut Blue".