Srixon Z-URC vs Srixon Z-URS

HEMIPHIL ·  
HEMIPHILHEMIPHIL  1307WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 1,307
First impressions & mini-review: Picked up a Dozen Z-URC's yesterday, to try out. Gamed the Z-URS's for all of '07. Just noticed though, I had a bit of trouble with my distance control on longer putts. The Z-URC feels a little firmer than the Z-URS. The firmer feel must have made me think I didn't need to hit it as hard to get the distance I needed...or something along those lines. I came up short quite a few times. I ended up with 29 putts for my round, kind of average. Still had a few Z-URS's in the bag, so after my round I hit the practice putting green for some comparison testing. Rolled quite a few from several different distances, and found I prefer the Z-URS for putting. I guess using one ball exclusively for a whole season, you become quite accustomed to it. The Z-URS feels better to me for greenside shots, and just seems to check a little harder...thus giving me a bit more control. It's not to say the Z-URC doesn't check, I was just noticing a little more rollout after the initial check. The Z-URC seems to be a touch longer off the Driver, than the Z-URS...but not by much. Probably just getting a little less spin with the Z-URC. Trajectory is unchanged...I seem to flight them both the same. The Z-URC was pretty much spot on (distance wise) for my Iron shots. I found it had just a little "clickier" sound off my Irons. Maybe by the time I go through the dozen, I may become more comfortable with it? If not it's back to the Z-URS's. I'm sure though the same may have happened if I was gaming the Z-URC's for an entire season, then decided to try out the Z-URS's. Both the Z-URS & Z-URC are very consistent balls. Basically, the Z-URC & Z-URS seem identical...just the Z-URC seems to have a firmer feel to it. To switch from one to the other, and still get my yardages correct with my Irons is a testament to Srixon for producing a great ball, at a realitively fair price. I don't think you could go wrong with either of these two offerings.

LaTeR...pHiL.
Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.