ecco biom hybrid 3

icemann9icemann9 Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
Tried these on recently and wow are they comfortable. However, the new spikeless design on theses shoes are different. Any feedback or reviews with how these shoes grip on the course?

Thanks

Comments

• bmellisenbmellisen Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭
    I have limited rounds in them so cant give long term review. But I have had no issues so far with gripping on the course. I’m a fairly high swing speed player but don’t go at it that hard.

By far the most comfortable golf shoes I’ve owned. Really been impressed with them so far.
  • icemann9icemann9 Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. If you notice any cons as you play, please share your thoughts.
    icemann9 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. If you notice any cons as you play, please share your thoughts.

Played third round in them yesterday. Wet and on dormant Bermuda. No issues with slipping. Honestly not sure how the new spikeless system works on them so well. They aren’t deep nubs or anything. But they work.

I wish they were easier to find now, I want the white. Currently have the grey with boa closure.
  • icemann9icemann9 Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Great report. I was skeptic after looking at the soles. Just looks like nothing is there to grip.
  • JMarq83JMarq83 Members Posts: 160
    Any on foot photos? Love the look of them.
  • Josh784Josh784 Members Posts: 46
    edited Feb 7, 2018 #7
    My golfing buddy has a pair of Bioms from a few years back. He loves the comfort, but whenever we play in the wet/damp conditions I can't help but notice the outer leather on his shoes gets completely saturated and it looks like his feet must be getting soaked. He says they stay dry, so it must just be the outer Yak leather.

Do the newer models still do this? His look like a worn out pair of 10 year old sneakers when they get wet.
  • Ryan365Ryan365 Members Posts: 7
    Josh784 wrote:

My golfing buddy has a pair of Bioms from a few years back. He loves the comfort, but whenever we play in the wet/damp conditions I can't help but notice the outer leather on his shoes gets completely saturated and it looks like his feet must be getting soaked. He says they stay dry, so it must just be the outer Yak leather.

Do the newer models still do this? His look like a worn out pair of 10 year old sneakers when they get wet.
  • Ryan365Ryan365 Members Posts: 7
    I would also like to know how these shoes hold up. I’ve had numerous pairs of original biom hybrid shoes that all started to look terrible after a handful of wears. The outer leather would absorb water and stain very easily. I’ve been hesitant to buy another pair of Ecco shoes since.

Is the new Goretex leather more resilient on the new shoes?
  • tleadertleader Posts: 522 ✭✭
    I wore my Biom Hybrid 2’s for 2 years. Almost all of my rounds early morning. Lots of dew. No staining whatsoever.

Now, I was lucky enough to not get caught in any rain, but they definitely held up.
    I’ve had original Biom(not hybrid) and those stained as others have mentioned but it took a while. I have the Biom Hybrid 2 and have had no issues with those, those are over a year at least.

Too early to tell for the Biom Hybrid 3 but I’ve got 4 rounds in them now and they look like I just pulled them out of the box.
  • JDFishJDFish Pickerington, OhioMembers Posts: 817 ✭✭
    My Bioms and Biom 2 GTX all stained - I play early and it is wet. The waterproofing in the original Bioms wore off after about 2 years. The GTX (with the goretex membrane) are still going strong. I saw that the Biom 3s have the Yak leather with goretex membrane, so I would expect the waterproofing to be first rate. As for staining, I don't know if/how they fixed that but am curious about them. But last season I started wearing Pumas when it is dry that are crazy comfortable and they also have updated their Adapt models, which intrigue me if they are water proof.
    Callaway Epic 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6S
    Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
    Callaway XR 5 wood/Titleist 913H 21* hybrid
    Ping i200 Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105S - 4-UW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54* and 58* S200
    Evnroll ER5 32"
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,802 ✭✭
    Any other reviews on theses?
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,902 ClubWRX
    Can anyone who owns these comment on how low profile they are vs something like the Ecco Cage Pro?
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,859 ✭✭
    Glad they finally go up to size 48.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
    Drudersh wrote:

Can anyone who owns these comment on how low profile they are vs something like the Ecco Cage Pro?

Side by side they have same profile( hybrid 3 boa vs cage pro boa). But when wearing them the cage pro seems to have a lower profile. But I have the gray 3’s and have only wore those with pants so far.
  • drn92drn92 Members Posts: 1,759 ✭✭
    Drudersh wrote:

I’ve only tried on both, but I much preferred the Bioms over the Cage.

I have two pair of Biom casual shoes and they feel the same as the golf version.

drn92
  • geauxgolf21geauxgolf21 Members Posts: 53
    I can’t speak to the durability and/or staining but I tried these on today and they are easily the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever tried on. Probably going to grab a pair soon.
    edited Mar 3, 2018 #19
    Just received my pair in gray (the cross hatch design). Very comfortable right out of the box. Maybe a bit smaller than the same size in the Biom 2 GTX but I wear the Kentwool tour profiles.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
    Evnroll ER5 32"
    JDFish wrote:

Just received my pair in gray (the cross hatch design). Very comfortable right out of the box. Maybe a hair smaller than the same size in the Biom 2 GTX but I wear the Kentwook tour profiles. I'll try an slightly thinner Kentwool, but I don't anticipate any problems either way.

Pictures please? I’m really interested in this design/colorway. Thanks
    JMarq83 wrote:

JDFish wrote:

Just received my pair in gray (the cross hatch design). Very comfortable right out of the box. Maybe a hair smaller than the same size in the Biom 2 GTX but I wear the Kentwook tour profiles. I'll try an slightly thinner Kentwool, but I don't anticipate any problems either way.

Pictures please? I'm really interested in this design/colorway. Thanks

The shoes can be seen on Carl's Golfland site https://www.carlsgolfland.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?Price_Range=Price-Range:150-00-200-00&ea_a=&ea_bc=&ea_c=&ea_path=-ecco/Price-Range:150-00-200-00&p=3&q=ecco
    Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
    Evnroll ER5 32"
    JDFish wrote:

JMarq83 wrote:

JDFish wrote:

The shoes can be seen on Carl's Golfland site https://www.carlsgolfland.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?Price_Range=Price-Range:150-00-200-00&ea_a=&ea_bc=&ea_c=&ea_path=-ecco/Price-Range:150-00-200-00&p=3&q=ecco

Thanks but I meant in hand/on foot photos. No worries.
    edited Mar 3, 2018 #23
    JMarq83 wrote:

JDFish wrote:

Here you go. I ordered size 43 because that is what my Biom 2 GTX are and they fit perfectly. However, these seem to fit smaller than the Biom 2 GTX so I am going to return them for a 44. These should be cooler in Summer as the leather is lighter than the Biom 2 GTX.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
    Evnroll ER5 32"
  • timsiegletimsiegle Addict Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Just got mine today, they're even better than I expected. I wear a 10 in Nike and Adidas, 9.5 in Puma and the 43 fits perfect. Just a bit of room in front of my toes.

I never realized I needed more room in the toe box until I put these on...now I'll never buy a pair of shoes that don't have it.

I know some people have said they fit smaller than the Biom 2 GTX...not sure about that but what I can say is if you measure your foot in centimetres and pick the size from the Ecco chart, you'll get the right one.
    [font=georgia,serif]Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5*
    Titleist 915F 16.5*
    Titleist 910H 20.5*
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping G Crossover #4[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping S55 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Satin 50.08*
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Vokey SM6 F 54.14* [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping Glide 60* TS
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
    [/font]
    I wore mine last weekend for 18 holes on both Saturday and Sunday and they were great. The most comfortable Eccos I've had yet. And great grip - didn't slip on a single shot, which I can't say was the case with my GTX.
    Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
    Evnroll ER5 32"
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,802 ✭✭
    I got mine the other day. Haven't played yet but they are perfect right out of the box. I believe this is the best Ecco spikeless offering yet.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • JDFish wrote:

JMarq83 wrote:

JDFish wrote:

Here you go. I ordered size 43 because that is what my Biom 2 GTX are and they fit perfectly. However, these seem to fit smaller than the Biom 2 GTX so I am going to return them for a 44. These should be cooler in Summer as the leather is lighter than the Biom 2 GTX.

When did denim jeans come back into fashion or were you just going for the classic look for the pics?
    Smashdcrab wrote:

JDFish wrote:

JMarq83 wrote:

JDFish wrote:

When did denim jeans come back into fashion or were you just going for the classic look for the pics?

Ah, a fashionista, huh? When did jeans ever go out of style? Since inquiring minds want to know, I just threw the shoes on to take the pictures.
    Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
    Evnroll ER5 32"
  • toyportoypor Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    JDFish wrote:

Smashdcrab wrote:

JDFish wrote:

JMarq83 wrote:

JDFish wrote:

Ah, a fashionista, huh? When did jeans ever go out of style? Since inquiring minds want to know, I just threw the shoes on to take the pictures.

Maybe next time you can have the common decency to put on a pair of your finest golf pants prior to showing us your shoes? LOL

I really like the previous generations of the Biom Hybrid, but these look even better...

toypor wrote:

Maybe next time you can have the common decency to put on a pair of your finest golf pants prior to showing us your shoes? LOL

I really like the previous generations of the Biom Hybrid, but these look even better...

The jeans were a far better choice than shorts and showing my winter white, hairy legs image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

For my feet, these are more comfortable than any prior Biom I've worn. Recommended.
    Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
    Evnroll ER5 32"
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,859 ✭✭
    I like the look of those. Saw the ones with a little bit of orange/red on them in store and they were real nice. Love they finally make a 48! I really like the ones pictured with the jeans. Thanks for the pic. I saw those online and couldn’t tell how that print would look in real world.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV