ecco biom hybrid 3

Comments

• bellkenbellken Members Posts: 771 ✭✭

Very jealous of everyone that seemed to get these on sale. None of the shoes.com coupons seem to be working for them anymore. Just tried them on and agree they are the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever put onvbut $200+ is hard to swallow for the BOA when I know a lot of people got them on sale.

EMLMYSTERYEXT, this one works, it expires at midnight, also, you might watch for sales at the Ecco web site. Their Labor Day sale was even better than shoes.com
  • dixiethunderdixiethunder Members Posts: 582 ✭✭
    I really appreciate it but when I go to checkout it tells me that both the lace and BOA versions are excluded.

I will keep looking as those were so comfortable I am going to need a pair
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cobra LTD HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5
    Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 16* Rouge Silver 70
    Adams Red Hybrid 18*/20* Matrix Altus Tour
    Taylor Made P770 5-GW KBS Tour C-Taper
    Cleveland Niblick 42"/Don White 56*[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Bobby Grace F-18[/font]
  • klebs01klebs01 Members Posts: 391 ✭✭
    So odd question...my shoes came with blue insoles that said extra width and I thought they were a little loose. I looked online a saw there should be regular inloses too. I contacted Ecco and they sent new insoles so I was set. But then I looked and there were also white insoles under the blue ones that say extra width and the replacements are grey, look different and don’t say extra width. The shoes fit and are comfortable either way, but are the blue insoles standard or did I get a pair with the wrong insoles?
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800
    klebs01 wrote:

So odd question...my shoes came with blue insoles that said extra width and I thought they were a little loose. I looked online a saw there should be regular inloses too. I contacted Ecco and they sent new insoles so I was set. But then I looked and there were also white insoles under the blue ones that say extra width and the replacements are grey, look different and don’t say extra width. The shoes fit and are comfortable either way, but are the blue insoles standard or did I get a pair with the wrong insoles?

I think they put 2 insoles with each pair of shoes.

Still, they run a little wide - Size 45 and the toe to heel is fine - the width a tad much - need a bigger insole, which if I go into my closet, I can find.
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,062 ✭✭
    I bought a pair of Cage shoes. At first I thought, "Man, these things are hard." But after about an hour, these things were like socks. And they have some serious grip to them. How are the grip on these?
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 361 ✭✭
    tbowles411 wrote:

I bought a pair of Cage shoes. At first I thought, "Man, these things are hard." But after about an hour, these things were like socks. And they have some serious grip to them. How are the grip on these?

Surprisingly amazing. I have noticed no difference in grip, even in wet conditions, coming over from a spiked pair of UA Spieth Ones (only that these are wayyyy more comfortable for my foot). FWIW I'm normally around 108-110 with my driver SS.
    Driver (9.5°) - Titleist TS3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
    Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
    Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
    Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
    Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
    Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
    Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid
  • jqsmoothjqsmooth Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited Sep 21, 2018 #338
    anyone else think these shoes are too deep. i have a lot of room on the top of my feet and as a result I have to tie the shoes tighter. and that leads to poor circulation. i'm buying insoles to thicken the bottom. i hope this remedies the problem. sketchers are the best fitting, but my first pair of sketchers started leaking. i'm not sure how long i had them. just a tad over 1 year. wonder what their warranty is...
    Driver: Ping i20 8.5* Diamana Whiteboard 73x Stiff
    3 Wood: Titleist 910 Fd 13.5* Diamana Blueboard Stiff
    Hybrid: Ping i20 17* Project X 6.0
    Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
    Wedges: Mizuno JPX 350 Forged 50* GW
    Cleveland 54* SW
    Titleist SM4 60* M grind LW
    Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #9
  • therevtherev Members Posts: 355 ✭✭
    Can anyone provide information between Ecco Cage Pro shoe and the Hybrid 3? I've never owned ecco's but am seriously looking to get a pair. I have high arches with inserts so I'd need a size 47 (13-13.5). Are the hybrid 3's worth the extra money?
  • momogadeamomogadea Members Posts: 32
    therev wrote:

Can anyone provide information between Ecco Cage Pro shoe and the Hybrid 3? I've never owned ecco's but am seriously looking to get a pair. I have high arches with inserts so I'd need a size 47 (13-13.5). Are the hybrid 3's worth the extra money?

Definitely.
  • jqsmoothjqsmooth Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Swapped out the inserts w/ Dr. Scholl's athletic gel inserts. Much better fit and feels great walking on them. Love the arch support. Played Saturday on really wet condition. Shoes held up great!
    Driver: Ping i20 8.5* Diamana Whiteboard 73x Stiff
    3 Wood: Titleist 910 Fd 13.5* Diamana Blueboard Stiff
    Hybrid: Ping i20 17* Project X 6.0
    Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
    Wedges: Mizuno JPX 350 Forged 50* GW
    Cleveland 54* SW
    Titleist SM4 60* M grind LW
    Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #9
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,902 ClubWRX
    jqsmooth wrote:

Swapped out the inserts w/ Dr. Scholl's athletic gel inserts. Much better fit and feels great walking on them. Love the arch support. Played Saturday on really wet condition. Shoes held up great!

Ha! Was just checking in on this thread to suggest this exact option. Glad it worked out for you.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • sportz2k1sportz2k1 Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    I’ve had it for three weeks and played about 7 rounds. I’ve slipped once on a wet fairway. It is a very comfortable shoe and my feet stays dry!
  • damayasondamayason Members Posts: 9
    I played Sunday in a pair of black/buffed silver in light rain and mist for the first seven holes. The rest of the round was in very wet conditions. My feet stayed completely dry and the shoes cleaned up great. Fantastic shoe-
  • bazinkybazinky Members Posts: 1,649 ✭✭
    Anyone used these as a multipurpose shoe? Curious as to how useable these would as an off-course casual shoe.

I've got a pair of spikeless Cage Pros that I love, but don't really think they work all that great off-course if you need to wear them for an extended period of time.

I'd probably pick up a pair of the new camel color and the white/grey for knocking around on weekends if they would be useable off-course as well as on ...
    Cobra LTD @10.5 - UST Elements Chrome 6F4
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5 @C1 (15.75) - MRC D+ Limited 80 S
    Callaway X2Hot Pro @20 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S
    Callaway X2Hot Pro @23 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S or Ping i20 4i - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
    Ping i20 5i-UW - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
    Ping Glide 54 SS - CFS Wedge S - Blue Dot
    Ping Glide 58 ES - CFS Wedge S - Black Dot
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red Half-Sightline - 35"
    For those that missed it (like I did) it looks like Ecco now offer a sequel to the Cage Pro that comes with Gore-Tex.

https://us.ecco.com/ecco-mens-cage-pro-boa-2-133054.html?dwvar_133054_color=01007

I was ready to re-up on my BH3 BOA's for next year, with my only hesitation being that size 46 were slightly too big and the size 45 were slightly too small. I really liked the Cage Pro BOA's and the fit was absolutely perfect for my size 12 foot, however at $200+ dollars they were steep for not being waterproof. My only other hangup was that the sole showed some wear after about 4-5 months of play and some of the **** on the SPYDR grip has worn down significantly. My BH3 sole looks just about brand new after an entire season of use. I usually rotate my footwear but this year I stuck with the Ecco's for 98% of my golf and they saw 40-50 rounds.

If they improved the durability of the SPYDR sole I may be going back to the Cage Pro's. Although the Biom G3's look extremely nice as well...
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Looks like there are going to be some new styles of bh3 for the spring. I wasnt partial to this past years styling, so I'm looking forward to the spring.
    Nike Vapor Pro/ Vapor Flex 440 ADBB 6s
    Nike Vapor 3 wood Diamana S+
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
  • atsengatseng Members Posts: 24
    Drudersh wrote:

For those that missed it (like I did) it looks like Ecco now offer a sequel to the Cage Pro that comes with Gore-Tex.

https://us.ecco.com/...054_color=01007

I was ready to re-up on my BH3 BOA's for next year, with my only hesitation being that size 46 were slightly too big and the size 45 were slightly too small. I really liked the Cage Pro BOA's and the fit was absolutely perfect for my size 12 foot, however at $200+ dollars they were steep for not being waterproof. My only other hangup was that the sole showed some wear after about 4-5 months of play and some of the **** on the SPYDR grip has worn down significantly. My BH3 sole looks just about brand new after an entire season of use. I usually rotate my footwear but this year I stuck with the Ecco's for 98% of my golf and they saw 40-50 rounds.

If they improved the durability of the SPYDR sole I may be going back to the Cage Pro's. Although the Biom G3's look extremely nice as well...

Hi - I am curious as to your thoughts on how comfortable the Cage Pro (I assume you had spikeless ones?) compared to the BH3s?

I have been a huge fan of the BH series (had BH1 that lasted for 3+ years and going strong, the only thing I didn't like about them is that it's not that waterproof). I also had the Cage BOAs (with cleats, gen 1) that worked well, but it leaked water after less than 6 months of usage.

I am deciding whether I should go with the BH3 Boa or the Cage Pro BOA (gen 2), both have the Gore-Tex GTX so should work well for the early morning rounds.

My main concerns are whether the SPYDR soles would be compared to the BH3 soles, and if the BH3s would be more comfortable considering Cage Pro 2 technically is not a Biom shoes?
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2018 Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2015 Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist GoLo S5 - 30"[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade TP5x[/font]
    atseng wrote:

Drudersh wrote:

https://us.ecco.com/...054_color=01007

Hi - I am curious as to your thoughts on how comfortable the Cage Pro (I assume you had spikeless ones?) compared to the BH3s?

I have been a huge fan of the BH series (had BH1 that lasted for 3+ years and going strong, the only thing I didn't like about them is that it's not that waterproof). I also had the Cage BOAs (with cleats, gen 1) that worked well, but it leaked water after less than 6 months of usage.

I am deciding whether I should go with the BH3 Boa or the Cage Pro BOA (gen 2), both have the Gore-Tex GTX so should work well for the early morning rounds.

My main concerns are whether the SPYDR soles would be compared to the BH3 soles, and if the BH3s would be more comfortable considering Cage Pro 2 technically is not a Biom shoes?

I actually had the Cage Pro BOA as well as a pair of the Cage Pro spikeless laced shoes. For whatever reason, the Cage Pro BOA were unbelievably comfortable right out of the box, while the laced version were still stiff and not very comfortable even after a couple ranges sessions and rounds played.

The Pro BOA's were supremely comfortable for my longer somewhat narrow foot and were certainly lower profile. They kept you more in touch with the ground similar to the old Ecco Biom Zero. Good for players who like to feel the slope of the green when reading putts and who prefer a more natural range of motion during the full swing. The BH3's felt wider, a little plusher/more stable and akin to a traditional golf shoe albeit without the feeling of having true spikes under your feet. I don't think I could tell you either one was more comfortable than the other as they are both extremely comfortable and really it boils down to a matter of how close or connected to the ground you want to feel.

I've had very few issues where I slipped during a swing with either one, though both seemed to struggle more than a traditional spiked shoe on firm ground with light moisture on it, i.e. when your course hasn't had rain in a couple weeks and the marine layer settles in during the evening. I can't point to any instances where I slipped and lost strokes or anything like that, more like I just seemed to slip while walking down steep slopes in those kinds of conditions.

Basically I think it will boil down to how wide your foot is and how locked down you like to feel in your golf shoe. The Cage Pro's are more narrow and feel like an extension of your feet when you dial them in tight, the BH3's definitely had more room side to side/front to back but with a little added stability. I think I would give a slight edge to the sole on the BH3's because of the durability. If they made a Cage shoe with the BH3 sole I'd be a very happy man.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • atsengatseng Members Posts: 24
    edited Nov 6, 2018 #350
    Drudersh - Thank you for the thorough response! It was very helpful.

I want to make a minor clarification to the post I made earlier to others who maybe reading this. The naming convention of the Ecco Cage BOAs (gen 1) was actually quite confusing. For the Gen 1, Ecco Cage Evo BOA (or some websites called it simply Ecco Cage BOA) was actually a soft spike golf shoes, and the Ecco Cage Pro BOA was the SPYDR spike-less shoes.

I actually bought both versions, but ended up selling the Cage Pro Spike-less BOA before trying them out on the course simply because while both shoes were extremely comfortable, I opted for the spiked Cage BOA as I still had a pair of Biom Hybrid (gen 1) that I was rotating with the Cage BOA. And once I realized that the Cage BOA was not as water-resistant as the Biom Hybrids, I opted to sell the Cage Pro Spikeless (SPYDR) Boa because I really want the "waterproof" ability since I played mostly in early mornings where there are a lot of dew on the fairway.

I actually never had a problem with regards to slipping with either Cage Evo BOA (Spiked) or the Biom Hybrid (g1), not unless I was swinging out of my shoes (haha).

Originally, I was set on getting BH3 BOA, but then the Cage Pro 2 BOAs just appeared on Ecco's website. I think aesthetically, I prefer the Cage Pro 2 BOA top look and the BH3 BOA bottom, hahah. Hopefully they will introduce more shoes and options. I have to use up my courtesy gift card before year end!

For those that wants to know how each of the tractions may perform, Amazon actually have a list of the various Ecco bottoms and how each of the soles perform in various categories, I'll paraphrase the table below (tried to paste but didn't work):

Categories are: Off-course usage, On-Course Performance, Stability and Torsion, Flexibility, Ant-Clogging, Traction

E-DTS (original Biom nubbin soles) - Better, Better, Good, Better, Good, Best

SPYDR-GRIP - Good, Best, Better, Better, Best, Best

Tri-Fi-Grip - Best, Better, Best, Best, Better, Best

Spike Outsole - No, Best, Best, Good, Good, Best

If you are interested in seeing the pictures of the soles, just go to Amazon and search for Ecco Cage Pro and scroll about half way into the page.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2018 Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2015 Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist GoLo S5 - 30"[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade TP5x[/font]
  • ryanhockey21ryanhockey21 Members Posts: 2
    Does anyone have the Cool Pro's? How do they compare to the BH3's. I love my BH3 but I'm interested in the Cool Pros and can get a pair at a good price, thanks.
  • a009938a009938 Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    Hey everyone shoes.com has a 30% off coupon today. I got the boa normally $219 for $153. If you use ebates you get 12% back on top.
    Ping Pioneer Bag
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 -1/2 Tensei Orange Stiff 
    Cobra F9 3W Atmos Blue Regular
    Cobra F9 5W Atmos Blue Regular
    Cobra F9 7W Atmos Blue Regular
    Callaway Steelhead XR 5-A 2*up Matrix F15 Regular
    Callaway PM Grind 56 (bent to 55) +1/4 1*up Recoil Wedge
    Callaway PM Grind 60 +1/2 1*up Recoil Wedge
    Taylormade Spider Tour Custom 34" 8 gram weights
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    a009938 wrote:

Hey everyone shoes.com has a 30% off coupon today. I got the boa normally $219 for $153. If you use ebates you get 12% back on top.

Code?
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • bmellisenbmellisen Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭
    a009938 wrote:

What code are you using? The ones I get emailed to me don’t work for Ecco.
    Studio Select NP2
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,085 ✭✭
    Josh784 wrote:

My golfing buddy has a pair of Bioms from a few years back. He loves the comfort, but whenever we play in the wet/damp conditions I can't help but notice the outer leather on his shoes gets completely saturated and it looks like his feet must be getting soaked. He says they stay dry, so it must just be the outer Yak leather.

Do the newer models still do this? His look like a worn out pair of 10 year old sneakers when they get wet.

I can attest to this. Worn bioms since day one for a lot of my rounds. They are water proof. I mean all the way to heavy rain and puddles.

Really comfortable and good grip. I have a grey pair that I wore the nubs off of. Then retired then to work wear in my shop. That was almost 2 years ago and the upper is still in good shape and water proof. Easily the highest quality shoe or boot I’ve ever bought.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
    I agree. I've had them since they were first released. The best shoe I've ever had. I usually use a white eraser couple of times a year to clean up then spray with Ecco conditioner. I still use my first series to cut the lawn, and they are 5 years old😃. I like the new design for summer better than last years. It looks similar to the last gen with the new sole.
    Studio Select NP2
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
    I'm looking to replace my Biom Hybrid 3 BOA's with a pair of Biom Hybrid 3 BOA's. My ONLY issue was that they ran a little big. Did anyone size down in these and have success? I'm a 12 in Nike, Adidas etc. and the Cage Pro Boa 46 fit me like a glove but the BH3's are noticeably longer heel to toe.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,125 ✭✭
    Drudersh wrote:

I'm looking to replace my Biom Hybrid 3 BOA's with a pair of Biom Hybrid 3 BOA's. My ONLY issue was that they ran a little big. Did anyone size down in these and have success? I'm a 12 in Nike, Adidas etc. and the Cage Pro Boa 46 fit me like a glove but the BH3's are noticeably longer heel to toe.

there are a few of us who've had past experience with ecco, as you can see earlier in this thread, and felt these ran a bit long and went down a size(from a 40 to a 39 for me).
  • sthompson42sthompson42 Texas42 Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Does anyone have the camel leather (brown) version? How does it look in person and hold up?

Was going to pull the trigger on shoes.com when the next sale appeared and get the concrete grey with the orange trim but now they don’t have my size.

Thx in advance.
  • fredstarfredstar Members Posts: 1,169 ✭✭

Does anyone have the camel leather (brown) version? How does it look in person and hold up?

Was going to pull the trigger on shoes.com when the next sale appeared and get the concrete grey with the orange trim but now they don't have my size.

Thx in advance.

Lately Ecco has been excluded from all the shoes.com sales. Shame..
    Nike Zoom Precision
    Adidas Tour360 2.0
    Nike TW13
    Nike Lunar Control 4
    Jordan Flight Runner
    Ecco Biom Hybrid

Callaway Rogue Driver
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3 wood
    Srixon u45 20*, 23*
    Ping i200 Irons
    Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey RSX Milled Fang