ecco biom hybrid 3

Comments

• toyportoypor Members Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2018 #122
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    toypor wrote:

Has anyone seen/or own the concrete/scarlet model? Was looking for the white/black but out of stock in my size. I already have Biom 2 in white, so I am thinking the concrete might not be a bad option? Is it basically just an off white? I just don’t want anything too Grey since I already have a pair of the white/silver and definitely don’t want anything that looks beige (personal preference).

The white/silver are fantastic looking imho and are even more comfortable/stable than prior Biom Hybrid models. Best shoes I have owned.

I have the concrete/scarlet (just got them). Look really nice and are crazy comfortable.

I think the name is fitting - they look like concrete. They aren't silver and they aren't beige. It's grey concrete. Looks really share IMO.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered the last grey pair on shoes.com. Hoping the 39 works for me as I always go back and forth between 39 & 40(yeah cursed with tiny feet) in Ecco depending on the shoe model.

For those of you who've worn other Ecco shoes in the past, any idea if these run on the bigger or smaller side?
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,559 ClubWRX
    th6252 wrote:

Just ordered the last grey pair on shoes.com. Hoping the 39 works for me as I always go back and forth between 39 & 40(yeah cursed with tiny feet) in Ecco depending on the shoe model.

For those of you who've worn other Ecco shoes in the past, any idea if these run on the bigger or smaller side?

I think several people have said these run bigger. I wear an 8 in Nike golf shoes and had to send back 41, for 40.
    Epic 9* Pro Orange 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,932 ClubWRX
    th6252 wrote:

I've found a big difference in sizing even between the two styles of Biom 3s...the laced and BOA version. Laced I wear a 45 and both pair of laced Biom 3s I ordered fit just about perfectly. Ordered my gray BOA Biom 3s in the same 45, and they are a good bit bigger than my laced 45s. Longer in the toe area. Still usable, as the width is still perfect, but for some reason my BOA 45s are much longer than my laced 45s. Hoping to see another restock on the BOAs soon so I can swap them out to a 44.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • toyportoypor Members Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    th6252 wrote:

I have several different models of Ecco golf shoes and 42 works best for me in all models. The Biom 3 does seem a bit longer with more room at the front of the vs. other models. Overall fit is still very good and comparable to others for me. The 41 would just be too small. This model is a significant upgrade in comfort and style vs. prior Biom Hybrid models IMO. And I was a big fan of the prior versions.

• th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! Sounds like the 39's should work for me.
  • RobDMBRobDMB Members Posts: 388 ✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts on the laced v. BOA? Also, how is the width? Do they tend to be narrow or wider?
    Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Srixon Z765 4-AW Modus 125X
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant
    RobDMB wrote:

Thoughts on the laced v. BOA? Also, how is the width? Do they tend to be narrow or wider?

They have great room in the toe box. I struggle with narrow shoes, these are a dream.
    Epic 9* Pro Orange 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    I played at a course this morning that had these in stock, first time I saw the black/silver in person, ****, way better than the picture, actually is silver and black. The pic makes it look like a bronze color.

I had an e-mail from shoes.com for the friends and family pre-sale, so 30%, plus had $10 in rewards from buying the others, so $129 shipped, and got 6% cash back from ebates.

I don't need anymore **** golf shoes.....
    Epic 9* Pro Orange 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Members Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Any active discount codes for these?

I bought a pair at Golf Galaxy, but if I can get some for 30% off, then I will take these back.

I will say that my feet are very sensitive and I never find golf shoes comfortable. I have tried countless shoes over the years. I have 2 issues: 1.). I need a wide toe box, or my 5th toe gets sore. 2.) I need cushion under the forefoot, or my metatarsal head area starts to hurt. These were the most comfortable I tried on in the store. I love the wider toe box area, but not sure about padding in the forefoot area just yet.
    Cobra F9 Tour length with Tensei Pro Orange 60S shaft
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Rogue 2 and 4 hybrid with GD Tour AD IZ 85 stiff hybrid shaft
    TM P790 5-A with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Callaway Forged 56 degree wedge and PM19 62 degree wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • fredstarfredstar Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

I played at a course this morning that had these in stock, first time I saw the black/silver in person, ****, way better than the picture, actually is silver and black. The pic makes it look like a bronze color.

I had an e-mail from shoes.com for the friends and family pre-sale, so 30%, plus had $10 in rewards from buying the others, so $129 shipped, and got 6% cash back from ebates.

How does the sizing compare to your Nikes? I know you need wide fitting.
    Nike TW71 FF
    Nike TW13
    Nike Lunar Control 4
    Jordan Flight Runner
    Ecco Biom Hybrid
    Mizuno Wave GTX

Callaway Rogue Driver
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3 wood
    Srixon u45 20*, 23*
    Ping i200 Irons
    Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey RSX Milled Fang
    edited May 6, 2018 #134
    fredstar wrote:

Warrick wrote:

I was a bit shocked to say the least, had to return a 41 for a 40 due to length. The 40 fits me perfect, and I am 8 wide in Nike.

To be honest, am probably done buying Nike for a while (4 pair of these now).
    Epic 9* Pro Orange 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    Mob wrote:

Any active discount codes for these?

I bought a pair at Golf Galaxy, but if I can get some for 30% off, then I will take these back.

I will say that my feet are very sensitive and I never find golf shoes comfortable. I have tried countless shoes over the years. I have 2 issues: 1.). I need a wide toe box, or my 5th toe gets sore. 2.) I need cushion under the forefoot, or my metatarsal head area starts to hurt. These were the most comfortable I tried on in the store. I love the wider toe box area, but not sure about padding in the forefoot area just yet.

shoes.com is always running 20-25%, as someone who uses them often, got the 30% for friends and family today, they also gift reward dollars, and have good ebates cash back most of the time.

I am probably $122 out of pocket for the pair I bought today.
    Epic 9* Pro Orange 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    edited May 6, 2018 #136
    Warrick wrote:

fredstar wrote:

Warrick wrote:

I was a bit shocked to say the least, had to return a 41 for a 40 due to length. The 40 fits me perfect, and I am 8 wide in Nike.

To be honest, am probably done buying Nike for a while (4 pair of these now).

Cool, I may give them a try. I hear only positives about this shoe.

I'm getting over Nike too. On my third pair of Zoom Precision, can get size right and squeak with every step. Just received a faulty pair of Racer G. Poor quality and inconsistent sizing.
    Nike TW71 FF
    Nike TW13
    Nike Lunar Control 4
    Jordan Flight Runner
    Ecco Biom Hybrid
    Mizuno Wave GTX

Callaway Rogue Driver
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3 wood
    Srixon u45 20*, 23*
    Ping i200 Irons
    Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey RSX Milled Fang
  • Le ShizzleLe Shizzle Members Posts: 75
    Has anyone with feet that are on the flatter side speak for these shoes? Someone mentioned try Ecco in another thread but I wasn't sure what specific shoe would suit best.

Also are these more or less the same as the Biom Hybrid 3 GTX, as that's all I can see on the Australian site.
    Warrick wrote:

Are you referring to the Black/Buffed Silver color?
    Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
    RobDMB wrote:

Warrick wrote:

Are you referring to the Black/Buffed Silver color?

Yes.
    Epic 9* Pro Orange 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • JTD0314JTD0314 Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a 10.5 in most shoes and 11 in Nike golf shoes and the 44 in the Biom 3 were too big. I had to return them for 43s
    shoes.com is 25% off today and 15% ebates, have a pretty good selection of colors and sizes for the Biom3

Check e-mail if you have purchased before, friends and family e-mail is 30% off.
    Epic 9* Pro Orange 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • bazinkybazinky Members Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    th6252 wrote:

Tried these on in the store over the weekend, and I felt that they fit about the same as my Ecco Cage Pros (non-spiked), with the exception of more room in the toe box. I would have bought them on the spot if they had the colorway I wanted in stock. Couldn't believe how great they felt. I can usually find something to nitpick about a shoe, but these might finally be my holy grail shoes. I will definitely be getting a pair soon. Probably multiple, given that whenever I like a product this much, it always gets discontinued or changed for the worse.
    Cobra LTD @10.5 - UST Elements Chrome 6F4
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5 @C1 (15.75) - MRC D+ Limited 80 S
    Callaway X2Hot Pro @20 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S
    Callaway X2Hot Pro @23 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S or Ping i20 4i - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
    Ping i20 5i-UW - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
    Ping Glide 54 SS - CFS Wedge S - Blue Dot
    Ping Glide 58 ES - CFS Wedge S - Black Dot
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red Half-Sightline - 35"
  • JTD0314JTD0314 Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

shoes.com is 25% off today and 15% ebates, have a pretty good selection of colors and sizes for the Biom3

Check e-mail if you have purchased before, friends and family e-mail is 30% off.

How does ebates work? I have created an account, but when I click on shoes.com (from ebates) it directs me shoes.com but when I put in the ebates code it says the code was applied, but no change in price at checkout.
    JTD0314 wrote:

Warrick wrote:

How does ebates work? I have created an account, but when I click on shoes.com (from ebates) it directs me shoes.com but when I put in the ebates code it says the code was applied, but no change in price at checkout.

The ebates is auto once you click through, but you have to add the code for discount: spring25
    Epic 9* Pro Orange 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    The BOA came back in stock in my size so I went for them. Hopefully I like the BOA. Good deal with the discount.
    Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
    JTD0314 wrote:

I am a 10.5 in most shoes and 11 in Nike golf shoes and the 44 in the Biom 3 were too big. I had to return them for 43s

I am 11-11.5 wide in Nike. The 44 fit with one of the insoles removed but felt less cushioned. The 45 fit with both insoles but was perhaps too long. Confused still lol
    Nike TW71 FF
    Nike TW13
    Nike Lunar Control 4
    Jordan Flight Runner
    Ecco Biom Hybrid
    Mizuno Wave GTX

Callaway Rogue Driver
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3 wood
    Srixon u45 20*, 23*
    Ping i200 Irons
    Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey RSX Milled Fang
  • dcbogeymandcbogeyman Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Le Shizzle wrote:

Has anyone with feet that are on the flatter side speak for these shoes? Someone mentioned try Ecco in another thread but I wasn't sure what specific shoe would suit best.

Also are these more or less the same as the Biom Hybrid 3 GTX, as that's all I can see on the Australian site.

That was me that suggested Ecco. Any style is very suitable for flat feet. I mentioned I have four pair. All are different styles. (Cage, Biom 2, Street and the last pair is a 5 year old model).
  • portlandportland Members Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting discussion on the sizing. I have always worn 43 and went 43 with the Hybrid3. I wear a slightly thicker sock (balega hidden comfort) also. The 42s I tried on felt too tight.
    Taylormade M1 10.5*
    Callaway GBB Epic 15*
    Callaway XR 19*
    Taylormade p790 5-P,A
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Srixon Z Star
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,962 ClubWRX
    What is the typical turnaround time on a Shoes.com order? I was able to get a pair of the white BOA's in my size this morning.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • coomdaddycoomdaddy ClubWRX Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited May 8, 2018 #150
    Think I ordered on a Tuesday and received them on Saturday.
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,962 ClubWRX
    Thanks, I upgraded to 2nd day in an effort to have them by the weekend, hoping they get out today.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file