(No Buy, Sell, Trade Posts) 2018 Nike Golf Burlington & Ross Finds

Comments

• jaymay82jaymay82 Honolulu, HIMembers Posts: 515 ✭✭
    Finally got some TW17's out here in Honolulu.

Nike | Titleist | Bridgestone
  • Ajax2017Dj2004Ajax2017Dj2004 LA FLAMA BLANCA Banned Posts: 91
    jezuz, were they really 185 when they first came out??? that's LeBron/Jordan shoe pricing right there.
    d:Taylormade
    fw:Taylormade
    i:Ping
    w:Callaway
    p:Odyssey
  • MattH522MattH522 Members Posts: 48 ✭✭

jezuz, were they really 185 when they first came out??? that's LeBron/Jordan shoe pricing right there.

There are TW17s at my local Nike outlet still priced at 159.99.
  • cardia10cardia10 Members Posts: 2,418 ✭✭
    Saw multiple pairs of Lunar Control Vapor in red today and a pair of Under Armour spikeless. All $39.99 at Ross. None my size and it didn’t seem like they were bringing enough on EBay to waste the time flipping them.
    kerila07 wrote:

What's a Gabes?
  • kerila07kerila07 Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    kerila07 wrote:

What's a Gabes?
    . Same thing as Ross or Burlington just another discounter https://www.mygabes.com
    ****, they seem to be stocked up, NOT like Ross at all!
  • apex523apex523 Members Posts: 597 ✭✭
    I'm purposely avoiding Ross and BCF so I don't buy any more. Finally sold off a good amount of my hoarded golf shoes and I still have too much. I have an issue with sneakers already, can't compound with golf shoes also haha.
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 8.5 - Black Tie 70x
    Taylormade M2 15 - Fujikura P95
    Titleist 816 H2 19 - Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 TS
    Titleist 714 AP2 4 thru 9 - S300
    Vokey SM6 45 + SM5 50, 55, 60 - S300
    Taylormade Spider Blade 12 - tour issue milled insert
    or Taylormade Spider Tour Red or Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    KSig / ProV1x[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Ping Hoofer[/font]
  • MiniJ83MiniJ83 Members Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    apex523 wrote:

I'm purposely avoiding Ross and BCF so I don't buy any more. Finally sold off a good amount of my hoarded golf shoes and I still have too much. I have an issue with sneakers already, can't compound with golf shoes also haha.

Quitter.
  • SummaSumma Members Posts: 14
    Not golf, but I did get a pair of pretty cool Puma Clyde 7s in white and orange today for $29.99 at Bcf.
  • Hoein1Hoein1 Members Posts: 9
    apex523 wrote:

No worries. There aren't golf shoes in Ross or bcf this year. The surplus ended when Nike got out of the equipment business.
  • SummaSumma Members Posts: 14
    But they’re still making shoes.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,672 ✭✭
    Summa wrote:

I'm thinking maybe just not as many. Most of the stock we've seen plentiful supply of were the last few years before their hard goods stopped.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • bmurphbmurph Members Posts: 459 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

Summa wrote:

I'm thinking maybe just not as many. Most of the stock we've seen plentiful supply of were the last few years before their hard goods stopped.

The bcf/Ross deals were only big the past two years, it's not like it was an annual thing for the duration of Nike's time in hard goods.
    bmurph wrote:

radiman wrote:

Summa wrote:

The bcf/Ross deals were only big the past two years, it's not like it was an annual thing for the duration of Nike's time in hard goods.

Right. That's not what I was saying. The liquidation seemed to align with their hard goods departure. They dumped a lot of inventory expecting a slow down in sales after they quit making hardware. At least that's my theory.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • theedge27theedge27 Members Posts: 605 ✭✭
    edited Jul 12, 2018 #768
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    A few of the Nike polos had prices reduced. Scooped up a couple at $12.99 image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • theedge27theedge27 Members Posts: 605 ✭✭
    Seeing Oakley polos popping up now at BCF
  • Svang5Svang5 Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    Which locations the boy pinoy?
  • 34isdatruth34isdatruth Members Posts: 132 ✭✭
    I saw some infrared zoom 90 it at ross but small and womens
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    Svang5 wrote:

Which locations the boy pinoy?

EG
  • cferguson5cferguson5 Boomer Sooner Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

bmurph wrote:

radiman wrote:

Summa wrote:

But they're still making shoes.

Right. That's not what I was saying. The liquidation seemed to align with their hard goods departure. They dumped a lot of inventory expecting a slow down in sales after they quit making hardware. At least that's my theory.

My theory is that all of the surplus of shoes happened when Sports Authority went under. The year they went under there was a flood of the previous years shoes, but the current years shoes were not on the shelves until the following year. That's why there were two years of surplus. I imagine Nike wouldn't allow the liquidation of their "current" model shoe at a discounted rate. So burlington/ross had to hold on to them until the next year. I could be wrong but it seems like the timeline fits and would be an easy explanation for why there was such an excess. Either way, it looks like the deals are done...
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PXG 0811XF 9 hzrdus yellow 65g 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 3 wood 15* Evenflow blue 75g 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-pw[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 50* 08 Vokey SM5[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 53* 08 Vokey SM6 F [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 58* 08 Vokey SM5 M[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Kari Lajosi DD201[/font]
  • Nick081974Nick081974 Members Posts: 535 ✭✭
    edited Jul 19, 2018 #775
    Ok so my question to your theory would be, how do you explain the TW17 and TW71s that are being found or even the Under Armour golf shoes? Those shoes never reached a sports authority store as they came out after sports authority closed! Nike is like any other BIG retail business, sell off old stock at a discount to resellers at a discount to make money and clear inventory. They don’t need money per say, but just moving old stock that otherwise wouldn’t sell is a better option.

My opinion only.
    - Taylormade M2 9.5
    - Taylormade M2 3W
    - Taylormade M2 3h
    - Taylormade M2 4-PW
    - Vokey SM6 50*, 56*, & 60*
    - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    - TM Tour Preferred X
    Nick081974 wrote:

Ok so my question to your theory would be, how do you explain the TW17 and TW71s that are being found or even the Under Armour golf shoes? Those shoes never reached a sports authority store as they came out after sports authority closed! Nike is like any other BIG retail business, sell off old stock at a discount to resellers at a discount to make money and clear inventory. They don’t need money per say, but just moving old stock that otherwise wouldn’t sell is a better option.

My opinion only.

Could be the fact that they still get old stock. Just not as much since Nike doesn't have to plan on stocking a national chain like Sports Authority only to have them close. It kind of makes sense since we haven't really seen this in the past. Not sure we will ever know though. Just have to enjoy it while it lasts.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • Nick081974Nick081974 Members Posts: 535 ✭✭
    That’s what you guys aren’t getting. They are still out there and keep popping up in stores. Just because you aren’t seeing them doesn’t mean there aren’t a ton of models out there and more arriving all the time. And as I said some models were too new to ever see those stores that closed, so they are getting those models from somewhere and the guess is Nike. They attempt to sell on their site on sales and after stuff doesn’t move, they dump them off to ROSS, Burlington, etc for them to sell.
    - Taylormade M2 9.5
    - Taylormade M2 3W
    - Taylormade M2 3h
    - Taylormade M2 4-PW
    - Vokey SM6 50*, 56*, & 60*
    - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    - TM Tour Preferred X
    edited Jul 19, 2018 #778
    Nick081974 wrote:

That’s what you guys aren’t getting. They are still out there and keep popping up in stores. Just because you aren’t seeing them doesn’t mean there aren’t a ton of models out there and more arriving all the time. And as I said some models were too new to ever see those stores that closed, so they are getting those models from somewhere and the guess is Nike. They attempt to sell on their site on sales and after stuff doesn’t move, they dump them off to ROSS, Burlington, etc for them to sell.

I don't know that we are talking about the same thing here. Yes, you are seeing some shoes out in the wild. But, the last two years have seen most stores absolutely stock piled on different models, while this year the majority of stores have had absolutely nothing. I would hardly say that 1 or 2 pairs here or there even comes close to what we have been seeing.

I am also not saying that these came from Sports Authority. But, I can see Nike having a stock of shoes and clothes ear marked for Sports Authority. After they go out of business, Nike has to do something with their inventory. And in turn, they would have had more stock for Ross/BCF.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • jpdxjpdx Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    Nick081974 wrote:

what's really interesting to me is that last year there were models that were at BCF while the same model was still listed on NDC - some were still at full price. Ross and BCF, I'd guess, get inventory from all over - they just got a bunch from Nike at some point.
    Srixon z785 hzrdus black 6.5
    Nike
    Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike
    Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 DG Pro s300 -2*
    Nike
    Vapor Pro 4-PW DG s300 -2*
    Nike
    Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
    Nike Method Matter m4-12
    Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

b-team/travel bag
    Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 9.5* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike Vapor Pro driver 11.5* Diamana Blueboard
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 wood stock r flex shaft
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 hybrid stock r flex haft

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300 -2*
    Nike Engage 50* SS 54* SS 60* DS
    Nike Method Origin b2-01
    Cure CX-2
    Nike Air Sport II and Hyperadapt
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,494 ✭✭
    We will not see equipment/gloves/bags/shoes like we did in the last two years. End of story. Will shoes/shirts/pants show up? Of course, just not in the same numbers and some things may not show up at all, and some stores may get 0.
    Long Live Nike
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,026 ✭✭
    I remember reading that Nike has a third party take care of their returns. My theory is that the few pairs of shoes that we have seen are being sold from the third party, not Nike. When we see large batches of items like apparel that's more likely a liquidation from Nike.
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link