MEMBERS' CHOICE: Best driver of 2018? Poll added

Comments

• Clarinetmonster2Clarinetmonster2 Members Posts: 67
    Well I don't see it on the list, but the TS drivers have been phenomenal for me. Started with TS3 and went to TS2. Distance and ball speed is pretty on par with Rogue but consistency for me is much better. I am striping most drives and averaging about 10 more yards than my previous Epic, which I was kinda wild with.
    Ping G400 LST 10* Ping Tour 65 X
    Titleist 816 H1 19* Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.8 Tour Spec X
    Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 21* C-Taper light
    4-AW Callaway Apex MB Project X 6.5
    Vokey SM7 54.14F, Vokey SM6 60.08M
    Odyssey OWorks 7 Tank
  • catcher20catcher20 San AntonioMembers Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Just swung an M3 460 yesterday and was blown away. Paired with a Aldila Rogue Silver 70X. Didn't think something could beat out my G... I was wrong.
    TM M3 460 9.5* ROGUE SILVER 110 70 X
    TM RBZ 15*. PROFORCE V2 7F5
    PING G 18* HYBRID. ALDILA TOUR GREEN
    TM ROCKETBLADEZ 4-AW. X100'S (THEY'VE BEEN TOO GOOD TO GET RID OF)
    CLEVELAND RTX4 54 AND 58. S400'S
    ODYSSEY O-WORKS #1
    TM TP5X
  • Golfer from MOGolfer from MO Members Posts: 976 ✭✭
    Voted g400 lst = amazing with my t1100.

Tried the TS series and very good but a tick behind on total control as I hit them higher with same shaft than I'd like. Finally rogue sub zero finally with all tests on all 4 heads for my swing; is best overall. Rogue sz allows for flight control for me and directional consistency akin to forgiveness is what I'm more concerned about as a low cap. I think it's a few yards longer than my 400 lst the way I attack it also. This is all very personal and all with t1100 6.5 shafts so no guesswork. 400fam still wins as a fam but Rogue sz for now
    ALL LEFTY -
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue SZ 9* Hzrdus t1100 75 6.5
    PING G400 LST 8.5 version GD p9003tx, [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cally[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Epic Flash SZ 13.5 smoke 80 6.5 shaft (107g)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cally Apex 18 Ut nunchuck shaft
    Mizuno 900 forged 4-gw X100 hardstepped
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey black SM5 54/58 s400[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] O works 1 wide 33.5in[/font]
    Ball - Tp5/Tp5x

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Our WRXer[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Our WRXer, Who art on Golfworks, hallowed be Thy game; Thy A-game come, Thy eagles be done on the course as it is in the General Forum. Give us this day our daily bird; and forgive us our slow play as we forgive those who slow play in front of us; and lead us not into early extension, but deliver us from triples. Amen. [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Written by:[/font]DeNinny
  • uglandeuglande Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Need to add the Titleist TS2 and TS3 to this list. I am loving the TS3, which kicked my 917 out of the bag. The distance gain has been significant. I'm playing it at 45 inches with some added head weight to offset the shorter shaft length (these are now 45.50 stock).

Second on my list would be the Callaway Rogue. Nice looks and fantastic feel.

Third would be the Cobra F8. Haven't hit the 9.

Results were fine on the TaylorMade and Ping G400 lines, but I don't like the looks of any of them. (Can we be done with the turbulators already?)
    Wood (7.75) TITLEIST TS3 - Mitsubishi Diamana White LTD
    Wood (13.5) TITLEIST TS3 - Mitsubishi Diamana White LTD
    Iron (17.0) TAYLORMADE P790 - Accra TZX
    Iron (21.0) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (23.5) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (26.5) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (30.5) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (35.0) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Iron (40.0) TAYLORMADE P790 - Project X
    Wedge (45.0) VOKEY SM7-F - Dynamic Gold
    Wedge (50.0) VOKEY SM7-F - Dynamic Gold
    Wedge (54.0) VOKEY SM7-S - Dynamic Gold
    Wedge (60.0) VOKEY SM7-D - Dynamic Gold
    Putter SCOTTY CAMERON Bullseye Flange (ACIII)
    Ball TITLEIST ProV1x
  • norge5norge5 Members Posts: 1,492
    uglande wrote:

Need to add the Titleist TS2 and TS3 to this list. I am loving the TS3, which kicked my 917 out of the bag. The distance gain has been significant. I'm playing it at 45 inches with some added head weight to offset the shorter shaft length (these are now 45.50 stock).

Second on my list would be the Callaway Rogue. Nice looks and fantastic feel.

Third would be the Cobra F8. Haven't hit the 9.

Results were fine on the TaylorMade and Ping G400 lines, but I don't like the looks of any of them. (Can we be done with the turbulators already?)
    Can I ask where the Uglande comes from?
  • Bogey LondonBogey London Mr. Members Posts: 294 ✭✭
    My JDM PRGR driver is nof in the list
    "There are three ways of going to ****: women, gambling, and trusting experts. Women are the most fun, gambling is the most exciting, but trusting experts is the most certain."
    (President De Gaulle)
    Driver - PRGR Super Egg Long-Spec 9.5* 
    Fairway wood - Honma TW737 13*
    Rescue - Honma TW 737 15* 
    Irons and Wedges - Itobori copper finish 4-P, 52, 56, 60; Yururi 52, 56, 60
    Putter - Itobori
  • J. B. Cobb IIIJ. B. Cobb III Members Posts: 99 ClubWRX
    I'm really interested in the Tour Edge Exotics EXS driver! Initial reviews look good, data is very promising, and it is a good looking golf club! But, best of all.......$299.99!

I'm really interested in the Tour Edge Exotics EXS driver! Initial reviews look good, data is very promising, and it is a good looking golf club! But, best of all.......$299.99!

Schill!!! Schill alert!!!😂🤣
    ALL LEFTY -

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cally[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Epic Flash SZ 13.5 smoke 80 6.5 shaft (107g)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] O works 1 wide 33.5in[/font]
    Ball - Tp5/Tp5x

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Our WRXer, Who art on Golfworks, hallowed be Thy game; Thy A-game come, Thy eagles be done on the course as it is in the General Forum. Give us this day our daily bird; and forgive us our slow play as we forgive those who slow play in front of us; and lead us not into early extension, but deliver us from triples. Amen. [/font]

???
  • Tempo tempoTempo tempo Members Posts: 28 ✭✭

???

J.B.

Just picked one up and I have never been this happy with a driver. Haven’t paid much attention to TE over the years.

This feels as good and gives me better numbers than anything I have tried.

Solid and very easy to swing.

Give it a try.
    I guess since apparently I am a Tour Edge "PLANT", I will just go to the back of the warehouse and hit it! HAHA Carolina Beach, NC isn't that far away from Chicago! How good does this driver look in person? Can you get any other shafts besides the Tensei Blue?

I guess since apparently I am a Tour Edge "PLANT", I will just go to the back of the warehouse and hit it! HAHA Carolina Beach, NC isn't that far away from Chicago! How good does this driver look in person? Can you get any other shafts besides the Tensei Blue?

Doesn't it feel good to admit it?😂🤣 Just giving you trouble, there are too many post hypers out there with motive of driving interest. Not ultimately an issue but but an annoyance. If youve hit it, give a comparison review please
    ALL LEFTY -

Ball - Tp5/Tp5x

Going to take a look at it this week.
  • kess13kess13 So I just put the ball in the hole... Members Posts: 1,278 ✭✭

Going to take a look at it this week.

Mine gets in Wednesday. At that price, why not? Of course, my store credit made it a much easier decision.
    Bio Cell
    F6 baffler
    MP54
    T7/eye2XG Lob
    Mills Ming
    Let me know what you think
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members Posts: 2,605 ✭✭
    I started out the season on the #twistface train as many of us did. I hit some crazy drives with it I'll admit. But the misses were frightening to say the least. Then along came the G400 LST. The only driver I didn't test when I did my tour van fitting at PGA superstore. And boom! Numbers were spot on with the M4 if not better. But the one thing that stood out the most was the misses! Much more forgiving for me personally. I'd gladly take 5-7 less yards and be right down the center every time. Finally can say my bag is set and it only took me 12 months to do it! Driver? Check! Fairway wood? Check! Hybrid? mostly check... Iron? Check! Wedges? mostly check... Putter? Check Check!

Now I just need to stay off of this site and give into temptation for something new next year and just work on course management!
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
  • JClarkGolfJClarkGolf Members Posts: 68
    G400 Max is the best driver I hit all year. Waiting for it to drop in price so I can buy it!
    I just posted a review of the TEE EXS Driver on the forum.
  • I did quite a few fittings in 2018, and I rarely, if not never, had anything beat one of the G400s. I could not have been more impressed with its performance.
  • hypergolfhypergolf Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭
    edited Dec 20, 2018 #291
    Titleist TS2 and TS3 for me. If I had to choose one then TS3.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mannyvizcayamannyvizcaya Members Posts: 15
    Ts2 or Ts3. I've hit the rogue, g400 max and lst, epic, m4. Ts2/3 had the best dispertion for me and they were also the longest on mishits.
  • I’m torn between the F8+ and G400. Should I wait a few months to see if the prices will drop a bit, or is this about as low as they’ll get new?
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? ClubWRX Posts: 7,505 ✭✭
    I’m torn between the F8+ and G400. Should I wait a few months to see if the prices will drop a bit, or is this about as low as they’ll get new?

Oh, they will go down big time after the new stuff is released. I’d wait if those are the two drivers you’re looking at. Plus you could probably get both.
    Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,085 ✭✭
    G400 Max ftw
    PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • rwmck9rwmck9 Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    I went G400 LST with an Aldila rogue 125MSI 60tx.

My most recent numbers with the LST on a GC Quad indoors:

Clubhead: 117.7

Ball speed: 167.3

Smash: 1.42

Launch angle: 13.2

AoA: 2.5 up

Spin rate: 2384

Carry: 294

Total: 315

24 shots - six shots each with ProV1/X and TP5/X trying to find what suits me best

Not sure if the G400 Max could beat that but I am really curious to try it out and compare
    G400 LST (10° playing at 9°) - Rogue limited edition 125msi 60TX
    Cobra F7 3W (14.5°) - Fujikura 65X
    RBZ Stage 2 Tour 2h (16.5° playing at 18°) - Accra HF tour M4
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged (4-GW) - Project X LZ 5.5
    Vokey SM7 54, 58
    Ping Anser 2 TR1966
  • zcarman93zcarman93 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I just moved to the Rogue Sub Zero after hitting w everything else out there. Picked up 40 yards of carry and about 50 yards of total distance.

That's a win... 😂
  • aquapigaquapig Posts: 189 ✭✭
    What were you using off the tee before the Rogue?....

A 7 iron?
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    Nothing this year beat out my XR16 Pro

lets see what the new year brings
    Yadi for President
  • zcarman93zcarman93 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭
    aquapig wrote:

What were you using off the tee before the Rogue?....

A 7 iron?

You are so funny!!!! No really... I mean I tee up with a 3 and 4 iron quite often when I need to lay back at 240, but a 7 iron? That's just about 175...

On the more serious side , I took both my F5 and Triton drivers in for my fitting and moved from 272 average carry with the Triton out to 310 with the Rogue. Overall distance is out to about 330 now on the monitor. Have to get a dry couple of days around here before I can see real world distances, but first round out in the rain, I was dead on that 40 yard carry mark on course as well. Again, have to wait for some real world conditions, but it is pretty impressive so far.
  • lonscicleslonscicles Members Posts: 35
    I put up the Rogue SZ, G400 LST, TS3, M3 and M4 against my current setup, Titleist 917D3 w Rogue 125 MSI TX and none of them could keep up. Dispersion, confidence, look, and feel. So the old gamer stayed in the bag. The M3 and G400 were the closest competitors, but they still couldn’t keep up.