MEMBERS' CHOICE: Best driver of 2018? Poll added

1235713
13

Comments

  • craz-ecraz-e  4303WRX Points: 402Handicap: 3Members Posts: 4,303 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #122
    zeke66 wrote:


    Hit 100 drives the other day on a launch monitor. Can someone help me with this. I can't find a tmade M3 that fits me. I hit the 8.5 with 13 degrees launch, but spin hovered around 1200. Well struck shots went a mile. Then with the 9.5 it goes too high with too much spin. So when adjusting the lofts with the loft sleeve it changes the shot type and dispersion left and right too much. Becomes too hard to turn over, etc. does anyone have any ideas?




    Did you try the moveable weights to see if this helped you create the launch conditions you are after?

    Also maybe try the M4, just another option as well as a few different shafts
    Posted:
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    4 wood = Titleist TS2 Even flow white 6.0
    3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
    Irons = Titleist 718 CB/MB Project X LZ 6.0
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56*
                  = Ping Glide 3.0 eye 2 60* 
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • zeke66zeke66  202WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 202 Fairways
    Joined:  #123

    zeke66 wrote:


    Hit 100 drives the other day on a launch monitor. Can someone help me with this. I can't find a tmade M3 that fits me. I hit the 8.5 with 13 degrees launch, but spin hovered around 1200. Well struck shots went a mile. Then with the 9.5 it goes too high with too much spin. So when adjusting the lofts with the loft sleeve it changes the shot type and dispersion left and right too much. Becomes too hard to turn over, etc. does anyone have any ideas?




    Did you try the moveable weights to see if this helped you create the launch conditions you are after?

    Also maybe try the M4, just another option as well as a few different shafts
    Posted:
  • zeke66zeke66  202WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 202 Fairways
    Joined:  #124

    zeke66 wrote:


    Hit 100 drives the other day on a launch monitor. Can someone help me with this. I can't find a tmade M3 that fits me. I hit the 8.5 with 13 degrees launch, but spin hovered around 1200. Well struck shots went a mile. Then with the 9.5 it goes too high with too much spin. So when adjusting the lofts with the loft sleeve it changes the shot type and dispersion left and right too much. Becomes too hard to turn over, etc. does anyone have any ideas?




    Did you try the moveable weights to see if this helped you create the launch conditions you are after?

    Also maybe try the M4, just another option as well as a few different shafts




    Yeah I did It all. The M4 seemed to only go right. The M3 weights moving around didn’t do much. I’m beginning to think the monitor didn’t pick things up correctly. I game the Rogue Sub at 8 degrees with good high launch and 1800-2000 spin and That’s with my good CK Pro Orange shaft. The stock white board with TM was giving me insanely low spin numbers at 8.5. It sets up well and looks good, but it made me feel like it’s tough to find the right head. Makes me feel like I shouldn’t switch.



    Anyone have any comparisons between the Rogue and M3?
    Posted:
  • osubuckeyes691osubuckeyes691 Columbus, OH 1161WRX Points: 354Handicap: 1.9Members Posts: 1,161 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #125
    Ping G400 LST is still killing it for me. It's just so forgiving. Really want to find a Tensei Orange V3 70tx to test against my Kuro Kage Dual Core XT. Thinking maybe I'll pick up a little swing speed with the counterbalance design
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Double Diamond - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face 14* - Tensei Blue 90TX
    Ping G410 Hybrid - Aldila Tour Green ATX 105TX
    Srixon 745 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130x softstepped 1x
    Vokey 50* F Grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Vokey Wedgeworks 54V grind - KBS C Taper 130
    Ping Glide 3.0 60 Eye2 - DG120 S300
    Yes! Sally 12 w/ Evnroll Gravity Grip
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie  927WRX Points: 73Handicap: 14Members Posts: 927 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #126
    Long cold winter in Cincy, so this is based on indoor testing and one outdoor demo day and maybe 3 rounds.



    1. Ping G 400. Point and shoot fairway finder. Arguably, not as long as the competition, but out on the course it really isn't noticeable. Matte black finish really hides the aero bits on the crown and the club inspires a ton of confidence behind the ball.



    2. Rogue - Almost perfect marriage of the Epic and the Fusion. Highest ball speeds I saw on good swings, but plenty of forgiveness on bad swings. Should have called this 1b instead of 2. Really wish it had a matte finish, so I will probably send mine to Continental to have that done.



    3. F8 Tour - This is based solely on a dozen swings without a launch monitor. Consistently landed the ball around the same driving range sign as the Rogue, and when it was set to "draw" seemed to give me the straightest ball flight of anything I hit. So nice to be able to demo a 44.5 inch driver built to play at that length. By far the most useful adjustability of any driver this year. Would have considered buying this over the Rogue, if it wasn't for Callaway's trade in deal.
    Posted:
  • IL2AZIL2AZ  332WRX Points: 82Members Posts: 332 Greens
    Joined:  edited Mar 21, 2018 #127


    Ping G400 LST is still killing it for me. It's just so forgiving. Really want to find a Tensei Orange V3 70tx to test against my Kuro Kage Dual Core XT. Thinking maybe I'll pick up a little swing speed with the counterbalance design




    Same here. Currently playing the Tensei Pro White and just picked up a Aldila Mamba Copperhead TX to see if any speed can be gained when maintaining the same consistency. Would love to find a Tensei Pro Orange at a reasonable price to test all 3 side by side and then stop looking at all driver and shaft options for the foreseeable future.
    Posted:
    Taylormade Tour Issue 2016 M2 9.5 Tensei Pro Blue 60TX
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Diamana BF 60TX
    Taylormade Tour Issue 2016 M2 3HL Diamana BF 70x
    Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X
    PXG 0311X 3-5 Project X HC Even Flow Blue 6.0
    Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 6-PW KBS Tour 120
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54S, 60S
    Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
    Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2 350
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Crooksc17Crooksc17 NJ 914WRX Points: 100Handicap: 5Members Posts: 914 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #128
    IL2AZ wrote:



    Ping G400 LST is still killing it for me. It's just so forgiving. Really want to find a Tensei Orange V3 70tx to test against my Kuro Kage Dual Core XT. Thinking maybe I'll pick up a little swing speed with the counterbalance design




    Same here. Currently playing the Tensei Pro White and just picked up a Aldila Mamba Copperhead TX to see if any speed can be gained when maintaining the same consistency. Would love to find a Tensei Pro Orange at a reasonable price to test all 3 side by side and then stop looking at all driver and shaft options for the foreseeable future.




    I am currently playing the G400 LST 8.5 lifted up to 9.5 with the Pro Orange 70TX and am very happy so far. On similar strikes it is just as long at the Rogue SZ with Oban White 70 05 but I was much more accurate and consistent with the ping Pro Orange combo.
    Posted:
  • chersheychershey Golf is not a game of perfect...unless you're me Mount Pleasant, SC 455WRX Points: 93Handicap: 8Members Posts: 455 Greens
    Joined:  #129
    So far this year, I've gamed the Cobra F8+, the Callaway Rogue SZ, and the Taylormade M3.



    The Cobra F8+ had a PX HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.0 shaft and it was a bomber. It gave me some great drives, but I was really inconsistent with it. I had a lot trouble not over drawing it and it got me into a lot of trouble. It did have a great feel off the face when struck properly.



    The Callaway Rogue SZ had a PX Evenflow Blue 6.0 shaft and I played most of my golf with the weight back. I hit it further with the weight forward but I also hit some low spinning duck hooks with it set up that way that went nowhere. With the weight back it was very forgiving and had decent distance, but I could tell I was spinning it too much. It went nowhere into the wind. I think I would have hit it better with a different shaft but I also thought the driver felt a little too dead to me.



    The Taylormade M3 has a PX Evenflow black 6.5 shaft and has been in the bag for four rounds now. I originally purchased it with a Tensei White Stiff shaft but I was inconsistent with that shaft so I purchased the Evenflow Black after reading good reviews. It turned this into the perfect driver for me. I hit this driver as straight as anything I've ever played but still get plenty of distance from it. The shaft seems to keep me away from my normal miss to the left. I love the adjust-ability of the M3. I can tweak the weights to get exact ball flight I'm looking for when I strike it well. It's been remarkably long on off center hits. I hit a low heel shot the other day that would have been 20 yards shorter with my older driver. I also love the feel of the ball off the face. I tried both versions of the M1 in the past and hated how it felt. This driver feels completely different. It has more of a metallic feel that I love. This driver will be in the bag for a while if it keeps performing like this.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
    Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
    Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
    Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
    Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
    Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
    Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
    Titleist Pro V1 
  • PawtucketPawtucket  177WRX Points: 10Members Posts: 177 Fairways
    Joined:  #130
    Cobra F8+

    Not as long as previous cobra offerings, but **** do I hit it straight and consistent. Added a 12g in the back (so 12g and 12g) with a shorter shaft. Fairway finder
    Posted:
    whats in the bag?
    Cobra f8+ cut 1"
    Cobra F7 fairway
    Srixon z355
    Cleveland 48 wedge
    Ping 54 wedge
    Ping 58 ES wedge
    TM Soto putter
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7726WRX Points: 285Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,726 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #131
    Had my fitting yesterday and the G400 and F8+ are still the best for me.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

    WITB Link
  • zeke66zeke66  202WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 202 Fairways
    Joined:  #132
    Went into the store convinced I was going to leave with an m3. The guy working there said they’ve been getting bad numbers with the new tmade stuff and suggested a ping or callaway. I ran out to my car and grabbed my rogue SZ and started hitting bombs. Went from 167-171 ball speed to 174-178. Maybe tensei orange a factor, but generally it is easier to launch my rogue SZ with less spin and more speed. Struggled with the spin and launch on m3.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TsarBombaTsarBomba  698WRX Points: 0Handicap: 9Members Posts: 698
    Joined:  #133
    Looking at the results...seems to match the OEMs marketing efforts.



    We are all so predictable.
    Posted:
  • zeke66zeke66  202WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 202 Fairways
    Joined:  #134
    TsarBomba wrote:


    Looking at the results...seems to match the OEMs marketing efforts.



    We are all so predictable.




    I guess but for whatever reason the club produced better numbers. After seeing Rory I was 100 percent convinced I’d be getting an M3 and moving my tensei into that. I was all ready for a high toe, new 3 wood. Everything. Sad but true.
    Posted:
  • TsarBombaTsarBomba  698WRX Points: 0Handicap: 9Members Posts: 698
    Joined:  #135
    zeke66 wrote:

    TsarBomba wrote:


    Looking at the results...seems to match the OEMs marketing efforts.



    We are all so predictable.




    I guess but for whatever reason the club produced better numbers. After seeing Rory I was 100 percent convinced I’d be getting an M3 and moving my tensei into that. I was all ready for a high toe, new 3 wood. Everything. Sad but true.




    Oops, I meant the poll results. This seems to match visibility in terms of marketing presence.



    People tend to want what they think everybody else wants.
    Posted:
  • KaexoKaexo  781WRX Points: 81Members Posts: 781 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Mar 25, 2018 #136
    Not saying it's not legit but I've not seen 174 ball speed carry 330 to 360 total without other factors turned on. Was the launch monitor set downwind or high altitude?
    Posted:
  • zeke66zeke66  202WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 202 Fairways
    Joined:  #137
    Kaexo wrote:


    Not saying it's not legit but I've not seen 174 ball speed carry 330 to 360 total without other factors turned on. Was the launch monitor set downwind or high altitude?




    It was set at 0 for altitude, but I have no idea about downwind. It was at a store in Phoenix which is at what 1500-2000 feet? Because of that I checked the altitude to see if they adjusted for Phoenix, but it said elevation: 0. Good call tho. I was already thinking about that. Either way... the comparison was to judge mine verses M3.. all other factors constant.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • pingg1071pingg1071  53WRX Points: 49Handicap: 2.7Members Posts: 53 Bunkers
    Joined:  #138
    Breezy-3- wrote:


    It's still the 2016 M2..
    Agree. Tiger was killing it in the Bahamas. Switched to the M3 or M4 and hasn't been so good.
    Posted:
    9.5* TaylorMade 2017 M1 HZRDUS Black 75x
    15* TaylorMade 2017 M1 UST Proforce 79x
    21.5* TaylorMade RBZ 4 Tour Hybrid Altus 85
    718 AP2 4-W KBS Tour 105 S
    54* TaylorMade Hi-Toe KBS Tour-V
    58* TaylorMade Hi-Toe KBS Tour-V
    TaylorMade Tour Spider 35"
  • KaexoKaexo  781WRX Points: 81Members Posts: 781 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Mar 26, 2018 #139
    zeke66 wrote:

    Kaexo wrote:


    Not saying it's not legit but I've not seen 174 ball speed carry 330 to 360 total without other factors turned on. Was the launch monitor set downwind or high altitude?




    It was set at 0 for altitude, but I have no idea about downwind. It was at a store in Phoenix which is at what 1500-2000 feet? Because of that I checked the altitude to see if they adjusted for Phoenix, but it said elevation: 0. Good call tho. I was already thinking about that. Either way... the comparison was to judge mine verses M3.. all other factors constant.




    Oh yeah I agree. Wasn't trying to discredit anything but was just curious. I guess its maybe possible with that launch and low spin on a knuckler but i typically see 6-10 yards less than that on trackman with similar launch conditons. 14.2 launch is great with the SZ though. I could never get it above 12 even with the weight back.



    Rogue SZ was good but I just never got along with it truthfully. Didn't enjoy the feel or sound that much. Ball speed and spin was on point though. Even gamed it for a few rounds.



    Our swing speeds are similar and I absolutely love the G400 Max paired with a Dual Core Kuro Kage 70TX or V3 Tensei Pro Orange 70TX. M3 is a great driver but like you I had high hopes and it didn't perform like I had expected.



    G400 Max followed by Rogue SZ wins hands down for me.
    Posted:
  • zeke66zeke66  202WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 202 Fairways
    Joined:  #140
    Kaexo wrote:

    zeke66 wrote:

    Kaexo wrote:


    Not saying it's not legit but I've not seen 174 ball speed carry 330 to 360 total without other factors turned on. Was the launch monitor set downwind or high altitude?




    It was set at 0 for altitude, but I have no idea about downwind. It was at a store in Phoenix which is at what 1500-2000 feet? Because of that I checked the altitude to see if they adjusted for Phoenix, but it said elevation: 0. Good call tho. I was already thinking about that. Either way... the comparison was to judge mine verses M3.. all other factors constant.




    Oh yeah I agree. Wasn't trying to discredit anything but was just curious. I guess its maybe possible with that launch and low spin on a knuckler but i typically see 6-10 yards less than that on trackman with similar launch conditons. 14.2 launch is great with the SZ though. I could never get it above 12 even with the weight back.



    Rogue SZ was good but I just never got along with it truthfully. Didn't enjoy the feel or sound that much. Ball speed and spin was on point though. Even gamed it for a few rounds.



    Our swing speeds are similar and I absolutely love the G400 Max paired with a Dual Core Kuro Kage 70TX or V3 Tensei Pro Orange 70TX. M3 is a great driver but like you I had high hopes and it didn't perform like I had expected.



    G400 Max followed by Rogue SZ wins hands down for me.




    No worries. I wasn’t being defensive. I actually appreciated the thought.



    How’s the launch and spin with g400 max? The pings are awesome. Did you tip either of those shafts ?
    Posted:
  • KaexoKaexo  781WRX Points: 81Members Posts: 781 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Mar 26, 2018 #141
    zeke66 wrote:

    Kaexo wrote:

    zeke66 wrote:

    Kaexo wrote:


    Not saying it's not legit but I've not seen 174 ball speed carry 330 to 360 total without other factors turned on. Was the launch monitor set downwind or high altitude?




    It was set at 0 for altitude, but I have no idea about downwind. It was at a store in Phoenix which is at what 1500-2000 feet? Because of that I checked the altitude to see if they adjusted for Phoenix, but it said elevation: 0. Good call tho. I was already thinking about that. Either way... the comparison was to judge mine verses M3.. all other factors constant.




    Oh yeah I agree. Wasn't trying to discredit anything but was just curious. I guess its maybe possible with that launch and low spin on a knuckler but i typically see 6-10 yards less than that on trackman with similar launch conditons. 14.2 launch is great with the SZ though. I could never get it above 12 even with the weight back.



    Rogue SZ was good but I just never got along with it truthfully. Didn't enjoy the feel or sound that much. Ball speed and spin was on point though. Even gamed it for a few rounds.



    Our swing speeds are similar and I absolutely love the G400 Max paired with a Dual Core Kuro Kage 70TX or V3 Tensei Pro Orange 70TX. M3 is a great driver but like you I had high hopes and it didn't perform like I had expected.



    G400 Max followed by Rogue SZ wins hands down for me.




    No worries. I wasn’t being defensive. I actually appreciated the thought.



    How’s the launch and spin with g400 max? The pings are awesome. Did you tip either of those shafts ?




    .5", spins always average between 2100-2300 and my launch is between 13.5-14 and as high as 15 with 2000 spin which is great. Ball speeds were also maybe 1mph on average better than the SZ and M3.



    Just seen **** rated the LST most wanted. Their testing is always weird to me. Yards off center must be the deciding factor because the 400 max outperformed the SZ and M3 in every other category but was ranked slightly lower. Which yards off center isn't the drivers fault so who knows.
    Posted:
  • KaexoKaexo  781WRX Points: 81Members Posts: 781 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Mar 26, 2018 #142
    G400 Max out performed the Rogue SZ and M3 in every category besides spin, .10 less yards total distance and yards off center. 400 max had more ball speed, more carry, better launch, better dispersion, etc but still **** ranked it lower than those 2. Makes no sense.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational  1714WRX Points: 240Handicap: ?Members Posts: 1,714 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #143
    Finally got to hit the Rogue in the wild and it's a great shooter. I'm a naturally low spinning hitter I guess and the ball hit great. I'd take it over the Epic any day and would match it up against my M3, no problem. Great driver. Fun to hit. At address though, my BMW ... I mean M3, takes the cake and that's important.
    Posted:
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan Midwest 938WRX Points: 238Handicap: 6.9Members Posts: 938 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #144
    I have played a few rounds with the M3 switching out shafts between the stock Tensei white 70 x-Stiff and a Motore Speeder v 6.3 tour spec stiff playing 1 inch short and a ton of range balls with each.

    The problem on the range is that they are both so good for my swing that I can groove either one within a few shots. Of course when playing you don’t have that luxury....but this has been a super tough decision on what I want in the bag. I think I am going to game the Speeder. It feels so good and being shorter it gives me the confidence to go after a few more yards when I want. Because of that, total yardage seems close and I think it only has missed a couple of fairways and that was right after I proclaimed that I hadn’t missed a fairway with it yet :-).

    I can see the M3 is not winning the largest number of posters but for my swing it was the easy winner. I have not played a TM club for a long time but this one is still making me smile even though I wanted a Rogue or LST to go home with me.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 with Evenflow White T1100 stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited stiff
    Srixon Z H85 19 degree hybrid with Fujikura Pro stiff
    Taylormade M6 Rescue 22 degree with Fujikura Pro stiff
    Bridgestone J15 CB PW-6i with Steelfiber FC95 CW stiff
    Srixon U85 5i with Recoil F4 
    Vokey 50 F, 54 S, 58 K
    Odyssey O-Works 7s



  • Albatross71Albatross71  119WRX Points: 75Members Posts: 119 Fairways
    Joined:  #145
    Spent over an hour at MOG ON trackman thinking of changing drivers or seeing if I could better my self from what I currently have. Current driver is 917d3 with with whiteboard 70X D2 with 14gram draw bias. I was still getting a little more fade than I wanted so I really wanted to see what my options were. I went through the Rogue SZ, the Mizuno GT/ST and the TM M3/M4 all with different shaft combinations settings were set to comparable of my current driver. In the end it came down to the TM M4 fade bias and my Titleist but with blue board 60X and 16gram draw bias weight with the D2 settings. My dispersion was tighter with the Titleist and distance between the two were the same. In time would using the TM4 give me the same results probably, I would probably have made a couple adjustments. In the end though it was do I spend $500 for a new driver and hope it works out or do I pay a quarter if that and get the new shaft.......I got the new shaft and couldn’t be happier right now. I did make some swing adjustments. I did pick up some swing speed and ball speed is at 158. My fitter even said he couldn’t justify trying to sell me a new driver. I consider my club fitter to be like my barber or mailman, guess I’ll have to get him a Christmas gift now.
    Posted:
    Driver-Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Project X Evenflow White 65 X-Stiff
    3W-Titleist TS3 16.5 w/Project X Evenflow white 65 X-Stiff
    Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron w/KBS C-Taper 130X (bent to 17.5*)
    4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MBw/KBS C-Taper 130X
    Mizuno T7 52/09 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
    Mizuno T7 56/10 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
    Titleist AVX
  • randy4randy4 Louisiana 164WRX Points: 44Members Posts: 164 Fairways
    Joined:  #146
    Rogue SZ for me, it's a nicer looking, better (for me) epic sz.
    Posted:
  • chgolfer01chgolfer01  157WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 157
    Joined:  #147
    G400 lst
    Posted:
    915 d2 7.5* ---- speeder tour spec 9.2 X
    915 fd 13.5* --- matrix 8m3 X
    ping anser 19* - speeder pro 8x
    s55 3-w
    cfs x
    vokey sm5 52* 58*
    scotty cameron golo 3 2015
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • smokedturkeysmokedturkey  297WRX Points: 32Handicap: 9.1Members Posts: 297 Bunkers
    Joined:  #148
    rxk9fan wrote:


    I have played a few rounds with the M3 switching out shafts between the stock Tensei white 70 x-Stiff and a Motore Speeder v 6.3 tour spec stiff playing 1 inch short and a ton of range balls with each.

    The problem on the range is that they are both so good for my swing that I can groove either one within a few shots. Of course when playing you don't have that luxury....but this has been a super tough decision on what I want in the bag. I think I am going to game the Speeder. It feels so good and being shorter it gives me the confidence to go after a few more yards when I want. Because of that, total yardage seems close and I think it only has missed a couple of fairways and that was right after I proclaimed that I hadn't missed a fairway with it yet :-).

    I can see the M3 is not winning the largest number of posters but for my swing it was the easy winner. I have not played a TM club for a long time but this one is still making me smile even though I wanted a Rogue or LST to go home with me.




    I have the same issue between my G LST w KK SilverS and G400 Tour 65S. I carry both in my bag to the range and keep alternating them and cant come out with a definitive winner. Both are great, good problem I guess to have. Then I wonder about the GMAX.
    Posted:
    G400 10.5, Tour 65S
    Or
    Ping G LST 10.5, KK Silver S

    2016 M2 3HL Prolaunch Blue 65R
    2017 M2 5W Stk S
    Callaway XR 19* & 22* Stk Proj X 6.0 S
    Srixon Z565 5-PW 950S
    Cleve 588 RTX2 - 52 & 58
    Odyssey O Works 3T or Odyssey Works Versa 9

    Course optional, Pick Two: Cleve 588 RTX2 62* or XR 3 hybrid or M2 5W
  • JutJut "Don't give up. Don't ever give up."  789WRX Points: 97Handicap: 4.3Members Posts: 789 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #149
    Ping G400 LST - for me, the best combination of spin, flight, distance, forgiveness, and feel.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 10.5*
    Ping G410 16*
    Cobra King OS 20.5*
    Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 52* 58*
    Cleveland RTX4 62*
    Odyssey Versa 9
  • bcgolfer01bcgolfer01  115WRX Points: 38Handicap: 5Members Posts: 115 Fairways
    Joined:  #150
    Jut wrote:


    Ping G400 LST - for me, the best combination of spin, flight, distance, forgiveness, and feel.




    Ive got their new "tour" shaft in the LST (regular flex) and it has been great so far



    any other "smooth swingers" (regular flex guys lol) tried any other shafts in it?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • JutJut "Don't give up. Don't ever give up."  789WRX Points: 97Handicap: 4.3Members Posts: 789 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #151
    bcgolfer01 wrote:

    Jut wrote:


    Ping G400 LST - for me, the best combination of spin, flight, distance, forgiveness, and feel.




    Ive got their new "tour" shaft in the LST (regular flex) and it has been great so far



    any other "smooth swingers" (regular flex guys lol) tried any other shafts in it?




    I fitted into a stiff with the tour shaft (swing it around 97-100), but have a smooth swing / transition. I tried the Alta, HZRDUS Yellow, and X-Torsion. The only thing that came close to matching the tour shaft was the X-Torsion, but even it didn't give me the numbers that the Ping Tour shaft did.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 10.5*
    Ping G410 16*
    Cobra King OS 20.5*
    Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-PW
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 52* 58*
    Cleveland RTX4 62*
    Odyssey Versa 9
13

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.