Ric Shiels- Lumine pro am score

17810121316
16

Comments

  • UhitUhit  861WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 861
    Joined:  edited Feb 17, 2018 #272


    If he doesn't care about the criticism (which he brought on himself) then why post that follow up video? He obviously does care.




    He is committed to what he does - good, or bad - and maybe that helped him grow his channel:



    [media=]



    ...the secret is revealed after min 1:40:



    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • pinestreetgolfpinestreetgolf  3539WRX Points: 340Handicap: 4Members Posts: 3,539 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #273
    KYMAR wrote:



    There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".




    You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol




    Have you ever played in a golf tournament? Not your member-guest, but a real one? US Open qualifier, PGA Monday, State Am, etc.... ?



    My guess is a massive "No". I don't even know who Rick Shiels is except for picking up something about him here or there on this site, so like you no dog in the hunt. However, I do play those events and know what they feel like. It is really easy for things to sideways really fast. Its not basketball, where your 6'9" and super-quick no matter what day it is, and you can just hustle and rebound if your shot isn't falling. There is no where to hide. There is no worse feeling than being on the 2nd hole wondering where your game went, a minute and a half into your turn, and having no idea what swing thought to use.



    Anyone who mocks someone else for their performance in a significant golf event is 1. a hater and 2. has zero idea what its like to be in one. I respect the **** out of the guy (and anybody) who has the balls to get on the first tee of a serious event.



    Its a long walk from your range and buddies drinking beer to the first tee with three strangers who have all dedicated a significant portion of their life to whooping your a**. No tournament golfer would ever talk like you have in this thread.



    Go on Mr. Shiels for showing up and giving it his all. He didn't withdraw. He didn't put out a press release that his back hurt or that his clubs were mis-fit. He didn't throw an on-course tantrum. He posted the best score he could and counted every shot. Good on him.



    There are only two things you can criticize a fellow tournament player for - cheating and quitting. He did neither. My esteem for him went up, not down, as a result of this.
    Posted:
    Wilson Triton 10.5 Rogue 125 msi 60 X-Flex
    Ping G30 2, 3, 4, 5*, 6 Hybrids TFC 419 Stiff Flex
    M2 7-AW ReAx 75 Graphite
    PM Grind 56* KBS Rev 2.0
    Cameron Mallet
  • ChrisSPChrisSP  247WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 247 Fairways
    Joined:  #274

    KYMAR wrote:



    There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".




    You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol




    Have you ever played in a golf tournament? Not your member-guest, but a real one? US Open qualifier, PGA Monday, State Am, etc.... ?



    My guess is a massive "No". I don't even know who Rick Shiels is except for picking up something about him here or there on this site, so like you no dog in the hunt. However, I do play those events and know what they feel like. It is really easy for things to sideways really fast. Its not basketball, where your 6'9" and super-quick no matter what day it is, and you can just hustle and rebound if your shot isn't falling. There is no where to hide. There is no worse feeling than being on the 2nd hole wondering where your game went, a minute and a half into your turn, and having no idea what swing thought to use.



    Anyone who mocks someone else for their performance in a significant golf event is 1. a hater and 2. has zero idea what its like to be in one. I respect the **** out of the guy (and anybody) who has the balls to get on the first tee of a serious event.



    Its a long walk from your range and buddies drinking beer to the first tee with three strangers who have all dedicated a significant portion of their life to whooping your a**. No tournament golfer would ever talk like you have in this thread.



    Go on Mr. Shiels for showing up and giving it his all. He didn't withdraw. He didn't put out a press release that his back hurt or that his clubs were mis-fit. He didn't throw an on-course tantrum. He posted the best score he could and counted every shot. Good on him.



    There are only two things you can criticize a fellow tournament player for - cheating and quitting. He did neither. My esteem for him went up, not down, as a result of this.




    Best post in this entire thread. Like you, there's no doubt in my mind that the most ardent critics in this thread have NEVER teed it up in a real tournament and dealt with the pressures of real competition that you discussed.



    More likely, they spend their weekends raking five footers and taking mulligans and illegal drops, all the while bragging on Monday to their co-workers or hags they're trying to bang about the "76 that should have been better" they fired (from the forward tees) over the weekend.



    It's always the guys who are the first to criticize others and who can't wait to tell you what they would have done who can't crack an egg. Real players keep their mouths shut because they know what can happen out there when the wheels get wobbly.
    Posted:
    PING G400 LST 10*, Tensei Pro Blue 60s
    Titleist F3-05 Prototype, 15*, Diamana Blueboard 83s
    Titleist U-500, 20*, Hzrdus Smoke 90s
    Srixon Z 785 4-PW, Modus 120s
    Mizuno S18 50*, Dynamic Gold S400
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 56*, Dynamic Gold S400
    Cleveland RTX4 60*, Dynamic Gold S400
    SeeMore Nashville Z3C Mallet Black
    TaylorMade TP5x
  • Sean2Sean2  32105WRX Points: 1,934Members Posts: 32,105 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #275
    jacobEDGE wrote:


    And FWIW, he does always end his videos by saying people should go get professionally fitted before buying any club. Not to use his reviews as the be all, end all of golf club information.




    I don't understand why anyone would purchase a golf club based on a review. Until an individual actually swings the club he won't know if it is a good choice for him or not.
    Posted:

    Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

    Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

    In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

     

  • PowderedToastManPowderedToastMan  4175WRX Points: 1,313Members Posts: 4,175 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #276

    KYMAR wrote:



    There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".




    You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol




    Have you ever played in a golf tournament? Not your member-guest, but a real one? US Open qualifier, PGA Monday, State Am, etc.... ?



    My guess is a massive "No". I don't even know who Rick Shiels is except for picking up something about him here or there on this site, so like you no dog in the hunt. However, I do play those events and know what they feel like. It is really easy for things to sideways really fast. Its not basketball, where your 6'9" and super-quick no matter what day it is, and you can just hustle and rebound if your shot isn't falling. There is no where to hide. There is no worse feeling than being on the 2nd hole wondering where your game went, a minute and a half into your turn, and having no idea what swing thought to use.



    Anyone who mocks someone else for their performance in a significant golf event is 1. a hater and 2. has zero idea what its like to be in one. I respect the **** out of the guy (and anybody) who has the balls to get on the first tee of a serious event.



    Its a long walk from your range and buddies drinking beer to the first tee with three strangers who have all dedicated a significant portion of their life to whooping your a**. No tournament golfer would ever talk like you have in this thread.



    Go on Mr. Shiels for showing up and giving it his all. He didn't withdraw. He didn't put out a press release that his back hurt or that his clubs were mis-fit. He didn't throw an on-course tantrum. He posted the best score he could and counted every shot. Good on him.



    There are only two things you can criticize a fellow tournament player for - cheating and quitting. He did neither. My esteem for him went up, not down, as a result of this.


    I’m not seeing much mocking in this thread. I have a problem with a guy portraying himself as an excellent golfer, spending so much time talking about the “quest for the open”, when in reality, he’s the everyday joe you described who gimmies anything 5 feet and in (maybe why he 4 putted?). Don’t believe me? Just watch his vlogs.



    I have played in those high tier events, and that’s why I’ve made it known that I don’t think Rick is a player. He shoots mid to high 70’s with his buddies on short tracks. Then he tells the world he’s good enough to qualify for the British Open. He’s a great player, certainly better than his recent performance, but he’s not even close to playing Euro/PGA Tour events. Finch is much better than Rick right now, and he’s not even close to that level either.



    88-88-79 is a bit shocking, but him not breaking 80 twice isn’t a surprise. The only reason I piped in is when people started saying “Rick’s better than this”. Well, actually, he isn’t right now. The guy probably hasn’t sniffed par over 18 holes in a long time.



    At least Crossfield is well aware that he’s not even close to as good as the best in the world. I trust him more than Rick because he’s actually aware of his own abilities.



    Call these posts bashing or whatever, but I think it’s just honest. Rick must know he’s not a tournament level player right now.
    Posted:
    Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

    In the bag:

    PING. Lots of PING.
  • ShipwreckShipwreck  3999WRX Points: 310Handicap: 6.2Members Posts: 3,999 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #277


    KYMAR wrote:



    There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".




    You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol




    Have you ever played in a golf tournament? Not your member-guest, but a real one? US Open qualifier, PGA Monday, State Am, etc.... ?



    My guess is a massive "No". I don't even know who Rick Shiels is except for picking up something about him here or there on this site, so like you no dog in the hunt. However, I do play those events and know what they feel like. It is really easy for things to sideways really fast. Its not basketball, where your 6'9" and super-quick no matter what day it is, and you can just hustle and rebound if your shot isn't falling. There is no where to hide. There is no worse feeling than being on the 2nd hole wondering where your game went, a minute and a half into your turn, and having no idea what swing thought to use.



    Anyone who mocks someone else for their performance in a significant golf event is 1. a hater and 2. has zero idea what its like to be in one. I respect the **** out of the guy (and anybody) who has the balls to get on the first tee of a serious event.



    Its a long walk from your range and buddies drinking beer to the first tee with three strangers who have all dedicated a significant portion of their life to whooping your a**. No tournament golfer would ever talk like you have in this thread.



    Go on Mr. Shiels for showing up and giving it his all. He didn't withdraw. He didn't put out a press release that his back hurt or that his clubs were mis-fit. He didn't throw an on-course tantrum. He posted the best score he could and counted every shot. Good on him.



    There are only two things you can criticize a fellow tournament player for - cheating and quitting. He did neither. My esteem for him went up, not down, as a result of this.


    I’m not seeing much mocking in this thread. I have a problem with a guy portraying himself as an excellent golfer, spending so much time talking about the “quest for the open”, when in reality, he’s the everyday joe you described who gimmies anything 5 feet and in (maybe why he 4 putted?). Don’t believe me? Just watch his vlogs.



    I have played in those high tier events, and that’s why I’ve made it known that I don’t think Rick is a player. He shoots mid to high 70’s with his buddies on short tracks. Then he tells the world he’s good enough to qualify for the British Open. He’s a great player, certainly better than his recent performance, but he’s not even close to playing Euro/PGA Tour events. Finch is much better than Rick right now, and he’s not even close to that level either.



    88-88-79 is a bit shocking, but him not breaking 80 twice isn’t a surprise. The only reason I piped in is when people started saying “Rick’s better than this”. Well, actually, he isn’t right now. The guy probably hasn’t sniffed par over 18 holes in a long time.



    At least Crossfield is well aware that he’s not even close to as good as the best in the world. I trust him more than Rick because he’s actually aware of his own abilities.



    Call these posts bashing or whatever, but I think it’s just honest. Rick must know he’s not a tournament level player right now.




    I’m sure he does know this and was probably just as shocked at the scores. He even talked about how his last major tournament was last June for open qualifying. Since then (after recording an ace during the qualifyier) he has not mentioned the Quest for the Open really at all that my memory can remember where as Finch is truly devoted to the cause.



    Like I posted before, if anything this was probably a humbling experience for him and really showed him how far his game has slipped.



    Out of all of the videos I’ve ever seen rick do, I’ve never seen him 4 putt double bogey before have you? But something about these vlogs just made him super uncomfortable and honestly I can understand. While not OPEN qualifying I can remember a tournament I played in that was a pretty big deal back in San Diego for all of the bases. The winner got the opportunity to play in the Pro Am that was coming to Torrey Pines. I was playing off of a 5 and the time but that was Men’s club tournaments though so the pressure wasn’t there during those rounds.



    On the two courses we ended up playing, 2 that I had played dozens of times, I fired off mid 90s rounds in both. It was embarrassing as **** because I knew I could shoot better and usually do, but it also made me realize that serious tournament golf is not the same as Men’s club tournament golf.



    I’m not sure if you read through all of the thread but there are several people bringing into question his legitimacy of his credentials and teaching ability because of these scores, which TBH, one has very little if anything to do with the other.
    Posted:

    Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • baloobaloo A Person Wisconsin 1093WRX Points: 135Members Posts: 1,093 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #278
    I shot an 89-79 in a tournament a few years ago and I played off a 3 at the time so things can happen. I hit a few hazards and a few OB. Add on bad putting and the scores shoot up fast.



    Not trying to defend him, the scores he posted are abysmal for a pro. But, I know what it's like to implode in a tournament and can understand how it happens. When the wheels come off in a tournament it's hard to right the ship.
    Posted:
    Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
    2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
    SW - Wilson Staff
    Putter - Bullseye
    Ball - Pro Plus

    YT Channel - https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 20378WRX Points: 4,314ClubWRX Posts: 20,378 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #279
    No pro, but coming out of winter, no golf except for a couple days in California and on I think the third day, as a 7 something at that time put up a sweet 105 - 110 or thereabouts, was over 30 shots better on the same course the next day, but right back up in the stratosphere on a different course day after that - point is, on vacation, enjoying the family and very rusty (it's all relative - pun intended). Tile roofs and even vehicles over those roofs in driveways were in jeopardy that day, just kept plugging along and tried to see the humor in it (had to be reminded a couple times by my daughter to try harder, lol).



    Golf is hard, we make it so hard on ourselves, no reason to get nasty about other people's bad rounds - plenty of other stuff to give people _____ about!
    Posted:
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T My success isn't a result of arrogance - it's a result o  151WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 151
    Joined:  #280

    KYMAR wrote:



    There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".




    You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol




    Have you ever played in a golf tournament? Not your member-guest, but a real one? US Open qualifier, PGA Monday, State Am, etc.... ?



    My guess is a massive "No". I don't even know who Rick Shiels is except for picking up something about him here or there on this site, so like you no dog in the hunt. However, I do play those events and know what they feel like. It is really easy for things to sideways really fast. Its not basketball, where your 6'9" and super-quick no matter what day it is, and you can just hustle and rebound if your shot isn't falling. There is no where to hide. There is no worse feeling than being on the 2nd hole wondering where your game went, a minute and a half into your turn, and having no idea what swing thought to use.



    Anyone who mocks someone else for their performance in a significant golf event is 1. a hater and 2. has zero idea what its like to be in one. I respect the **** out of the guy (and anybody) who has the balls to get on the first tee of a serious event.



    Its a long walk from your range and buddies drinking beer to the first tee with three strangers who have all dedicated a significant portion of their life to whooping your a**. No tournament golfer would ever talk like you have in this thread.



    Go on Mr. Shiels for showing up and giving it his all. He didn't withdraw. He didn't put out a press release that his back hurt or that his clubs were mis-fit. He didn't throw an on-course tantrum. He posted the best score he could and counted every shot. Good on him.



    There are only two things you can criticize a fellow tournament player for - cheating and quitting. He did neither. My esteem for him went up, not down, as a result of this.




    Ive played in dozens of high level tournaments over the years and I dont give people credit for not cheating or quitting. Thats like giving people credit for not robbing a bank. And if you want to call yourself a professional golfer on youtube...or represent yourself as a pro, then be prepared to have people bash you when you shoot over 80. Or 88. Or 41 over in 54 holes. Any decent pro that i know thats not over 60 years of age his worst golf after not playing for months is a 79. And the next day he found a lil groove and did better. No pro worth calling pro shoots back to back 88. If you want to post videos on the internet accept the reality that its not all going to be positive. A harsh opinion isnt being a hater. Its not trash talk its truth talk. In his video he sounds like he can handle it.
    Posted:
  • KYMARKYMAR  13257WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 13,257 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #281

    KYMAR wrote:



    There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".




    You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol




    Have you ever played in a golf tournament? Not your member-guest, but a real one? US Open qualifier, PGA Monday, State Am, etc.... ?



    My guess is a massive "No". I don't even know who Rick Shiels is except for picking up something about him here or there on this site, so like you no dog in the hunt. However, I do play those events and know what they feel like. It is really easy for things to sideways really fast. Its not basketball, where your 6'9" and super-quick no matter what day it is, and you can just hustle and rebound if your shot isn't falling. There is no where to hide. There is no worse feeling than being on the 2nd hole wondering where your game went, a minute and a half into your turn, and having no idea what swing thought to use.



    Anyone who mocks someone else for their performance in a significant golf event is 1. a hater and 2. has zero idea what its like to be in one. I respect the **** out of the guy (and anybody) who has the balls to get on the first tee of a serious event.



    Its a long walk from your range and buddies drinking beer to the first tee with three strangers who have all dedicated a significant portion of their life to whooping your a**. No tournament golfer would ever talk like you have in this thread.



    Go on Mr. Shiels for showing up and giving it his all. He didn't withdraw. He didn't put out a press release that his back hurt or that his clubs were mis-fit. He didn't throw an on-course tantrum. He posted the best score he could and counted every shot. Good on him.



    There are only two things you can criticize a fellow tournament player for - cheating and quitting. He did neither. My esteem for him went up, not down, as a result of this.




    You're correct. I don't play in tournaments like this. I also don't claim to a "professional golfer" lol this argument from the unwavering faithful, the "could you do better? Huh? huh? NO!" is childish and borders on stupid. I am not the one presenting myself as an expert. As a "Professional golfer"with dreams of playing in the open championship. I don't make claims, specific or implied, that I possess the skills that rise to the standard of professional competance while barely breaking 90 on consecutive days. Comparing what I or any other ho hum amateur might shoot under those crcumstances can't be the best argument from the apologists here. Because the answer is a massive "i don't survive by asking anyone to trust that i know what I'm doing". "Professional golfer" Rick does.



    The debate is fascinating but beyond that, i don't care about his scores. He's a human being. I'm sure he feels terrible. I genuinely hope he goes out there again and blows the doors off the competition. For his own benefit but also so his throngs can rid themselves of the "can you do better?!?!" outrage. Because it's embarrassing.
    Posted:
    Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
    Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
    Hybrid undecided
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
    Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
    White Hot 6 Long Neck
  • pinestreetgolfpinestreetgolf  3539WRX Points: 340Handicap: 4Members Posts: 3,539 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #282
    KYMAR wrote:

    KYMAR wrote:



    There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".




    You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol




    Have you ever played in a golf tournament? Not your member-guest, but a real one? US Open qualifier, PGA Monday, State Am, etc.... ?



    My guess is a massive "No". I don't even know who Rick Shiels is except for picking up something about him here or there on this site, so like you no dog in the hunt. However, I do play those events and know what they feel like. It is really easy for things to sideways really fast. Its not basketball, where your 6'9" and super-quick no matter what day it is, and you can just hustle and rebound if your shot isn't falling. There is no where to hide. There is no worse feeling than being on the 2nd hole wondering where your game went, a minute and a half into your turn, and having no idea what swing thought to use.



    Anyone who mocks someone else for their performance in a significant golf event is 1. a hater and 2. has zero idea what its like to be in one. I respect the **** out of the guy (and anybody) who has the balls to get on the first tee of a serious event.



    Its a long walk from your range and buddies drinking beer to the first tee with three strangers who have all dedicated a significant portion of their life to whooping your a**. No tournament golfer would ever talk like you have in this thread.



    Go on Mr. Shiels for showing up and giving it his all. He didn't withdraw. He didn't put out a press release that his back hurt or that his clubs were mis-fit. He didn't throw an on-course tantrum. He posted the best score he could and counted every shot. Good on him.



    There are only two things you can criticize a fellow tournament player for - cheating and quitting. He did neither. My esteem for him went up, not down, as a result of this.




    You're correct. I don't play in tournaments like this. I also don't claim to a "professional golfer" lol this argument from the unwavering faithful, the "could you do better? Huh? huh? NO!" is childish and borders on stupid. I am not the one presenting myself as an expert. As a "Professional golfer"with dreams of playing in the open championship. I don't make claims, specific or implied, that I possess the skills that rise to the standard of professional competance while barely breaking 90 on consecutive days. Comparing what I or any other ho hum amateur might shoot under those crcumstances can't be the best argument from the apologists here. Because the answer is a massive "i don't survive by asking anyone to trust that i know what I'm doing". "Professional golfer" Rick does.



    The debate is fascinating but beyond that, i don't care about his scores. He's a human being. I'm sure he feels terrible. I genuinely hope he goes out there again and blows the doors off the competition. For his own benefit but also so his throngs can rid themselves of the "can you do better?!?!" outrage. Because it's embarrassing.




    I’m not arguing rick is good. I have no idea. I’m not suggesting you shouldn’t be such a jerk to him because you are worse at Golf. I’m suggesting that being a hater is a bad thing to be, and you’re being a hater.



    It’s not an “argument”, it’s a question of taste and tact. Maybe he sucks, but mocking a fellow golfer for having bad rounds suggests your a hater and a jerk. Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know you, but I’m not arguing that you shouldn’t talk crap because you can’t do better.



    I’m arguing you shouldn’t talk crap because it’s in bad taste and you’re giving yourself away as someone who has no idea what it’s like to be in that environment.



    Read nick oherns book. He shot an 86 a month before he top 5’d a web.com event. I’ve shot a 92 in competition, and my best round is a 65. If this was his season average, fine. But to isolate one tournament and be so rude / mocking / saying “so called professional” illustrates how little you understand about how competitive Golf works, and it’s not a good look for you.



    IMO of course.
    Posted:
    Wilson Triton 10.5 Rogue 125 msi 60 X-Flex
    Ping G30 2, 3, 4, 5*, 6 Hybrids TFC 419 Stiff Flex
    M2 7-AW ReAx 75 Graphite
    PM Grind 56* KBS Rev 2.0
    Cameron Mallet
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • KYMARKYMAR  13257WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 13,257 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #283

    KYMAR wrote:

    KYMAR wrote:



    There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".




    You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol




    Have you ever played in a golf tournament? Not your member-guest, but a real one? US Open qualifier, PGA Monday, State Am, etc.... ?



    My guess is a massive "No". I don't even know who Rick Shiels is except for picking up something about him here or there on this site, so like you no dog in the hunt. However, I do play those events and know what they feel like. It is really easy for things to sideways really fast. Its not basketball, where your 6'9" and super-quick no matter what day it is, and you can just hustle and rebound if your shot isn't falling. There is no where to hide. There is no worse feeling than being on the 2nd hole wondering where your game went, a minute and a half into your turn, and having no idea what swing thought to use.



    Anyone who mocks someone else for their performance in a significant golf event is 1. a hater and 2. has zero idea what its like to be in one. I respect the **** out of the guy (and anybody) who has the balls to get on the first tee of a serious event.



    Its a long walk from your range and buddies drinking beer to the first tee with three strangers who have all dedicated a significant portion of their life to whooping your a**. No tournament golfer would ever talk like you have in this thread.



    Go on Mr. Shiels for showing up and giving it his all. He didn't withdraw. He didn't put out a press release that his back hurt or that his clubs were mis-fit. He didn't throw an on-course tantrum. He posted the best score he could and counted every shot. Good on him.



    There are only two things you can criticize a fellow tournament player for - cheating and quitting. He did neither. My esteem for him went up, not down, as a result of this.




    You're correct. I don't play in tournaments like this. I also don't claim to a "professional golfer" lol this argument from the unwavering faithful, the "could you do better? Huh? huh? NO!" is childish and borders on stupid. I am not the one presenting myself as an expert. As a "Professional golfer"with dreams of playing in the open championship. I don't make claims, specific or implied, that I possess the skills that rise to the standard of professional competance while barely breaking 90 on consecutive days. Comparing what I or any other ho hum amateur might shoot under those crcumstances can't be the best argument from the apologists here. Because the answer is a massive "i don't survive by asking anyone to trust that i know what I'm doing". "Professional golfer" Rick does.



    The debate is fascinating but beyond that, i don't care about his scores. He's a human being. I'm sure he feels terrible. I genuinely hope he goes out there again and blows the doors off the competition. For his own benefit but also so his throngs can rid themselves of the "can you do better?!?!" outrage. Because it's embarrassing.




    I’m not arguing rick is good. I have no idea. I’m not suggesting you shouldn’t be such a jerk to him because you are worse at Golf. I’m suggesting that being a hater is a bad thing to be, and you’re being a hater.



    It’s not an “argument”, it’s a question of taste and tact. Maybe he sucks, but mocking a fellow golfer for having bad rounds suggests your a hater and a jerk. Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know you, but I’m not arguing that you shouldn’t talk crap because you can’t do better.



    I’m arguing you shouldn’t talk crap because it’s in bad taste and you’re giving yourself away as someone who has no idea what it’s like to be in that environment.



    Read nick oherns book. He shot an 86 a month before he top 5’d a web.com event. I’ve shot a 92 in competition, and my best round is a 65. If this was his season average, fine. But to isolate one tournament and be so rude / mocking / saying “so called professional” illustrates how little you understand about how competitive Golf works, and it’s not a good look for you.



    IMO of course.




    Now you're just making stuff up. I never said "so called professional". The rest of your argument gets more absurd because shut up, is the essence of it and we are in a public golf forum where opinions are shared. The OP stated repeatedly this thread wasn't meant to be a bash thread. He was shocked by the poor performance as i think everyone except apparently you and a few other apologists are. Most of what I've said here have been responses to others thoughts, Not random bashes for no reason.



    He is a popular self promoter. I don't say that pejoratively. That's all the rage. There are clowns on youtube making money selling fools on the idea that the earth is a dome enclosed flat plane. And that's great, I hope his channel explodes. And, as I previously stated, if anyone finds his videos enjoyable and his knowledge a valuable tool for the betterment of their game, that's great. But the issue is, he puts himself out there as a professional golfer, professes to be a trained and experienced instructor. By shooting scores that would make a B flight amateur embarrassed, he has invited any criticism he's getting.



    As bad as the "He'd kick your butt!" argument is, "LEAVE RICK ALONE!" is way worse.
    Posted:
    Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
    Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
    Hybrid undecided
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
    Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
    White Hot 6 Long Neck
  • dciccorittidciccoritti An inch an hour, 2 feet a day Toronto, Canada 1694WRX Points: 387Members Posts: 1,694 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #284
    lowheel wrote:

    KYMAR wrote:

    jacobEDGE wrote:


    Also, while yes he shot +41...it's not like the rest of the pack was coming in at -10 or something. The WINNER of the event shot a combined +2. Nobody came in under par. In a 17 man field, 6 other players came in at +20 or worse.




    I didn't realize he only lost by 39. Ill run over to youtube now so he can teach me his ways




    Lol. Well played my good man, well played



    giphy.gif




    You and clownface bore me. Way too predictable and too easy to see through.
    Posted:

    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway

    • TS2
    • 716 MB 5-PW
    • MG 52 SB-09 | 56 LB-09 | 60 LB-09
    • Select Newport 2
    • ProV1x
  • Sean2Sean2  32105WRX Points: 1,934Members Posts: 32,105 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #285
    Kymar has a point. I can understand a professional having a bad day, it's golf and we are all familiar with that, however to have three bad days in a row seems more then a bit odd for a professional.



    By the way, I am not "hating", just making an observation. There is a distinction.
    Posted:

    Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

    Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

    In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

     

  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 20378WRX Points: 4,314ClubWRX Posts: 20,378 ClubWRX
    Joined:  edited Feb 17, 2018 #286
    After 3 rounds at the Career Builder professional golfer Andrew Yun was 33 shots out of first place. Plenty of others who missed the cut had three bad days compared to what most of the guys were shooting. Really not all that odd - just that after two bad days in a row most guys have to leave most tournaments and don't have a bad third round.
    Posted:
  • NDS55NDS55  124WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 124
    Joined:  #287
    Sean2 wrote:


    Kymar has a point. I can understand a professional having a bad day, it's golf and we are all familiar with that, however to have three bad days in a row seems more then a bit odd for a professional.



    By the way, I am not "hating", just making an observation. There is a distinction.




    That is fair, and most aren't hating. As has been stated, he isn't a professional golfer, but a golf professional, like the guys in the pro shop. If he was allowed to enter handicapped events with a strong field of +index golfers in the championship flight, he would be outclassed and he knows it. I think he views himself as scratch at best and is promoting himself as a YouTube personality. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who thought it would be a good way to promote his site and see if he could compete. I have enjoyed watching some of his stuff, but being a fair ball striker doesn't make you a player. If he has another go at it, I'll be sure to tune in.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • bananaezgobananaezgo LeftHandLow  400WRX Points: 36Handicap: 0,2Members Posts: 400 Greens
    Joined:  #288
    Pine street I applaud your post.
    Posted:
    Callaway 816 DBD 9 w/Tour AD TP 6S
    XHOT2 4W w/Tour Green 75S
    Xhot 2 PRO 23 hybrid w/AD DI 95S
    Apex 20 hybrid with AD Di 95S
    MP18 Fli Hi 2 iron w AD DI 95S
    MP18 SC 5 and 6 iron with PXLZ 6.0
    MP18 PW-7 irons with PXLZ 6.0
    S18 Wedges 52 and 58 Gunmetal with PXLZ 6.0
    Bettinardi QB6 putter
  • pinestreetgolfpinestreetgolf  3539WRX Points: 340Handicap: 4Members Posts: 3,539 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Feb 18, 2018 #289
    KYMAR wrote:


    By shooting scores that would make a B flight amateur embarrassed, he has invited any criticism he's getting.



    As bad as the "He'd kick your butt!" argument is, "LEAVE RICK ALONE!" is way worse.




    Edited to delete a long post because this argument is pointless. If you honestly think my post can be summed up as "LEAVE RICK ALONE", then the discussion isn't worth the time. It takes a whole lot of courage to tee it up with professionals and leave it all out there. It doesn't take much to gloat about someone else losing on an internet forum. I hope you get a lot out of your golf career and at some point you obtain a skill level that enables you to empathize with him more than you have in this thread.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Wilson Triton 10.5 Rogue 125 msi 60 X-Flex
    Ping G30 2, 3, 4, 5*, 6 Hybrids TFC 419 Stiff Flex
    M2 7-AW ReAx 75 Graphite
    PM Grind 56* KBS Rev 2.0
    Cameron Mallet
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL  6729WRX Points: 1,728Members Posts: 6,729 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #290
    Bye wrote:

    lkbos wrote:


    In Rick's last "full" season (2016) of 12 rounds of professional tournament golf he averaged 72. No mulligans, no gimmies, 7,000 yard setups, no asking your partner "what club did you hit?", no touching your ball until it's on the green, etc.



    I guarantee you that the "zero caps" on this forum would not have averaged 72 over 12 rounds of pro tournament golf. Just sayin...



    In my book 12 rounds of tournament golf averaging 72 is certainly more than good enough for a teaching professional.




    St Anne's Old is nearly 7000 yards from the tips and a good golf course. Some of the other courses were around 5500 yards.




    Lots of irons off the tees if i recall. Not dumping on the guy but those courses he averaged 72 on are shall we say a little dink and donk golf? he is a little sensitive about it though which is understandable
    Posted:
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL  6729WRX Points: 1,728Members Posts: 6,729 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #291
    G.O.A.T wrote:


    KYMAR wrote:



    There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".




    You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol




    Have you ever played in a golf tournament? Not your member-guest, but a real one? US Open qualifier, PGA Monday, State Am, etc.... ?



    My guess is a massive "No". I don't even know who Rick Shiels is except for picking up something about him here or there on this site, so like you no dog in the hunt. However, I do play those events and know what they feel like. It is really easy for things to sideways really fast. Its not basketball, where your 6'9" and super-quick no matter what day it is, and you can just hustle and rebound if your shot isn't falling. There is no where to hide. There is no worse feeling than being on the 2nd hole wondering where your game went, a minute and a half into your turn, and having no idea what swing thought to use.



    Anyone who mocks someone else for their performance in a significant golf event is 1. a hater and 2. has zero idea what its like to be in one. I respect the **** out of the guy (and anybody) who has the balls to get on the first tee of a serious event.



    Its a long walk from your range and buddies drinking beer to the first tee with three strangers who have all dedicated a significant portion of their life to whooping your a**. No tournament golfer would ever talk like you have in this thread.



    Go on Mr. Shiels for showing up and giving it his all. He didn't withdraw. He didn't put out a press release that his back hurt or that his clubs were mis-fit. He didn't throw an on-course tantrum. He posted the best score he could and counted every shot. Good on him.



    There are only two things you can criticize a fellow tournament player for - cheating and quitting. He did neither. My esteem for him went up, not down, as a result of this.




    Ive played in dozens of high level tournaments over the years and I dont give people credit for not cheating or quitting. Thats like giving people credit for not robbing a bank. And if you want to call yourself a professional golfer on youtube...or represent yourself as a pro, then be prepared to have people bash you when you shoot over 80. Or 88. Or 41 over in 54 holes. Any decent pro that i know thats not over 60 years of age his worst golf after not playing for months is a 79. And the next day he found a lil groove and did better. No pro worth calling pro shoots back to back 88. If you want to post videos on the internet accept the reality that its not all going to be positive. A harsh opinion isnt being a hater. Its not trash talk its truth talk. In his video he sounds like he can handle it.




    Very fair comment. All competitive golfers who have played a high level event have had to grind out high 70s scores to avoid embarrassment.I have played with at least hundred of guys over the last 25 years who walk off after a front 42.Always claiming some ailment. I would tell Rick, take it on the chin like a man and be quiet and prove youre better than that. no excuses, no reasons just get back on the horse and show it was a 1 off. It happens
    Posted:
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL  6729WRX Points: 1,728Members Posts: 6,729 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #292

    lowheel wrote:

    KYMAR wrote:

    jacobEDGE wrote:


    Also, while yes he shot +41...it's not like the rest of the pack was coming in at -10 or something. The WINNER of the event shot a combined +2. Nobody came in under par. In a 17 man field, 6 other players came in at +20 or worse.




    I didn't realize he only lost by 39. Ill run over to youtube now so he can teach me his ways




    Lol. Well played my good man, well played



    giphy.gif




    You and clownface bore me. Way too predictable and too easy to see through.




    Im sorry you cant appreciate some good humor. Its a joke you know, dont take things so seriously.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL  6729WRX Points: 1,728Members Posts: 6,729 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #293
    Uhit wrote:

    lowheel wrote:


    The real question is why are all the big golf vlogs on youtube guys from the UK who butcher the english language? its impossible to understand them sometimes. Any word with th in it turns them into pudding.At least peter finch attempts to speak clearly.




    The real question is, why this guy:



    GOLF VLOGS UK



    [media=]



    ...is no big golf vlog?! image/polling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':polling:' />



    I can understand him, if he pronounces (bunker etc.) like it is written...

    ...maybe because of my humble English?




    His new " mfree" lol
    Posted:
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE  2025WRX Points: 132Handicap: 3.9Members Posts: 2,025 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #294
    lowheel wrote:


    The real question is why are all the big golf vlogs on youtube guys from the UK who butcher the english language? its impossible to understand them sometimes. Any word with th in it turns them into pudding.At least peter finch attempts to speak clearly.




    I really really hope this post is some weak attempt at humor.



    Where do you think the ENGLISH language comes from? Do you think English comes from the United States of America? Or, perhaps...England? If anything, WE are butchering THEIR language.




    KYMAR wrote:


    Now you're just making stuff up. I never said "so called professional".



    KYMAR wrote:


    You're correct. I don't play in tournaments like this. I also don't claim to a "professional golfer"



    "Professional golfer" Rick does.




    Bro, are you really that daft? Either you actually are, or you're just trolling at this point. (I'm going with the latter)



    You literally put the term "professional golfer" in quotes, both times you said it. Putting that in quotes is, quite in fact, literally calling him a "so-called" professional golfer. You don't have the spell the words out, but the way you said it implies it.



    Putting professional golfer in quotes means you don't agree or believe he's actually a professional golfer. Not believing he's a professional golfer would be the same thing as calling him a "so-called professional golfer".



    You can't honestly be that dumb.



    Also, by definition, he is a professional golfer. Why? Because he makes a living off the golf industry. Some would even call hit his...profession. WOW. See what I did there? With words? His profession (job, career, means of making money) is golf-related.



    I drove a school bus for a few years. That was my job. My...profession. So, technically, I could have told people I was a professional driver.
    Posted:
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL  6729WRX Points: 1,728Members Posts: 6,729 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Feb 18, 2018 #295
    jacobEDGE wrote:

    lowheel wrote:


    The real question is why are all the big golf vlogs on youtube guys from the UK who butcher the english language? its impossible to understand them sometimes. Any word with th in it turns them into pudding.At least peter finch attempts to speak clearly.




    I really really hope this post is some weak attempt at humor.



    Where do you think the ENGLISH language comes from? Do you think English comes from the United States of America? Or, perhaps...England? If anything, WE are butchering THEIR language.





    KYMAR wrote:


    Now you're just making stuff up. I never said "so called professional".



    KYMAR wrote:


    You're correct. I don't play in tournaments like this. I also don't claim to a "professional golfer"



    "Professional golfer" Rick does.




    Bro, are you really that daft? Either you actually are, or you're just trolling at this point. (I'm going with the latter)



    You literally put the term "professional golfer" in quotes, both times you said it. Putting that in quotes is, quite in fact, literally calling him a "so-called" professional golfer. You don't have the spell the words out, but the way you said it implies it.



    Putting professional golfer in quotes means you don't agree or believe he's actually a professional golfer. Not believing he's a professional golfer would be the same thing as calling him a "so-called professional golfer".



    You can't honestly be that dumb.



    Also, by definition, he is a professional golfer. Why? Because he makes a living off the golf industry. Some would even call hit his...profession. WOW. See what I did there? With words? His profession (job, career, means of making money) is golf-related.



    I drove a school bus for a few years. That was my job. My...profession. So, technically, I could have told people I was a professional driver.




    Jesus man, why so sensitive? Have you ever been to the UK? Ive golfed in ireland and scotland and they take plenty of liberties with "english". I know where the english language comes from but it doesnt change the fact that they sound like theyre chewing moth balls when they speak. Its grating really. a few dont do it some do. Just my observation.Ricks command of speaking "english" compared to Peter Finchs is pretty bad. ask him to pronounce a "435 yard par 4"... and then proceed to count the saliva specks on his camera image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, CO 1660WRX Points: 473Handicap: 1.2Members Posts: 1,660 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Feb 19, 2018 #296

    KYMAR wrote:



    There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".




    You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol




    Have you ever played in a golf tournament? Not your member-guest, but a real one? US Open qualifier, PGA Monday, State Am, etc.... ?



    My guess is a massive "No". I don't even know who Rick Shiels is except for picking up something about him here or there on this site, so like you no dog in the hunt. However, I do play those events and know what they feel like. It is really easy for things to sideways really fast. Its not basketball, where your 6'9" and super-quick no matter what day it is, and you can just hustle and rebound if your shot isn't falling. There is no where to hide. There is no worse feeling than being on the 2nd hole wondering where your game went, a minute and a half into your turn, and having no idea what swing thought to use.



    Anyone who mocks someone else for their performance in a significant golf event is 1. a hater and 2. has zero idea what its like to be in one. I respect the **** out of the guy (and anybody) who has the balls to get on the first tee of a serious event.



    Its a long walk from your range and buddies drinking beer to the first tee with three strangers who have all dedicated a significant portion of their life to whooping your a**. No tournament golfer would ever talk like you have in this thread.



    Go on Mr. Shiels for showing up and giving it his all. He didn't withdraw. He didn't put out a press release that his back hurt or that his clubs were mis-fit. He didn't throw an on-course tantrum. He posted the best score he could and counted every shot. Good on him.



    There are only two things you can criticize a fellow tournament player for - cheating and quitting. He did neither. My esteem for him went up, not down, as a result of this.
    Yes...played in college, USGA, AJGA etc. I think the fact he didn't WD is awesome...easily my pet peeve, and I agree with your assessment. Outside of that, it was awful and just reinforces the opinion of many regarding his ability. Quick Edit: Watched the video he posted, and regardless of score, I appreciate his attitude.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping 410 Plus, 9*, Mitsubishi PO 70TX
    Ping G, 14.5*, Mitsubishi PO 80TX
    TaylorMade M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    Taylormade P.7TW, 4-W, DG TI X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid, and 60-low, DG TI S400
    Titleist Cameron Newport 2 Timeless 
    2019 ProV1
  • nichhonichho  2037WRX Points: 266Members Posts: 2,037 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #297
    lowheel wrote:








    Jesus man, why so sensitive? Have you ever been to the UK? Ive golfed in ireland and scotland and they take plenty of liberties with "english". I know where the english language comes from but it doesnt change the fact that they sound like theyre chewing moth balls when they speak. Its grating really. a few dont do it some do. Just my observation.Ricks command of speaking "english" compared to Peter Finchs is pretty bad. ask him to pronounce a "435 yard par 4"... and then proceed to count the saliva specks on his camera image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />








    With you being a golf expert and a language expert I wonder if you could translate this for me, I'm not multi-lingual.
    Posted:
    Mizuno MP 650 Fujikura Orochi
    Mizuno JPX 850 5W Fujikura Speeder
    Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 19* TTDG
    Mizuno MP4 4-PW TTDG
    Mizuno S18 50 TTDG
    Mizuno S18 56* TTDG
    Vokey SM6 60 TTDG
    Mizuno T105
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DaveTromDaveTrom  432WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 432 Greens
    Joined:  #298
    Who is Ric Shiels?
    Posted:
  • Jackhammer993Jackhammer993  886WRX Points: 185Members Posts: 886 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #299
    In these days of internet teaching, club reviews and such many online stars are created. I had never seen one of this guys videos except for the most recent following his bad rounds. The only reason I even watched was because the opinions on both sides of this were so passionate it got me interested. My feeling on this would be if you like him keep watching if you don’t stop. His popularity is driven by how many people watch his stuff so if everyone doesn’t like him now his viewership will go down. The best teachers are not always the best players so if he helps your game or you enjoy his videos no need to stop watching.
    Posted:
  • ib0o0ib0o0  84WRX Points: 24Handicap: 9.1Members Posts: 84 Bunkers
    Joined:  #300

    KYMAR wrote:


    By shooting scores that would make a B flight amateur embarrassed, he has invited any criticism he's getting.



    As bad as the "He'd kick your butt!" argument is, "LEAVE RICK ALONE!" is way worse.




    Edited to delete a long post because this argument is pointless. If you honestly think my post can be summed up as "LEAVE RICK ALONE", then the discussion isn't worth the time. It takes a whole lot of courage to tee it up with professionals and leave it all out there. It doesn't take much to gloat about someone else losing on an internet forum. I hope you get a lot out of your golf career and at some point you obtain a skill level that enables you to empathize with him more than you have in this thread.




    It takes the money he is making from sponsors and YouTube views. I agree with KYMAR. He is not focused on playing tournament golf, that is clear. According to SocialBlade, he made as much as 114K last year with YouTube alone. He probably made something in the 70's-80's. That means he made more money than half the European Tour playing pros in 2017. Do you honestly think he cares about playing a tournament seriously?



    He is not putting in the time to play seriously because he is making more money with YouTube alone than half the European Tour! He also gets money from lessons, free equipment and so forth. Most of touring pros at most get free material. Rick does too, and he doesn't need to pay a caddie or any pros required (Dan probably teaches him for free to produce cross marketing content). So his bottom line is not affected. It takes courage to play a pro tourney with a $750 entry fee knowing that you are risking your own money, and that winning the tournament is your only source of income.



    With this scenario, it doesn't require much to do what he did.



    Kudos to him, he found a spot in the YT universe and he is making money out of it, but to be honest, he should focus on what he does well. Club reviewing with Rob and maybe vlogs with Pete and Matt Fryer.
    Posted:
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]WITB:
    Driver: Ping G SF - Ozik Matrix Black Tie MFS 5 70X
    3 Wood: Ping G - Project X Evenflow Black 65 6.5
    Irons: 3-PW: Mizuno MP-32 - Nippon Modus 3 120X
    Wedges: 52º, 56º, 60º: Taylor Made MG - Nippon Modus 3 120X
    Putter: Ping Ketsch Cadence TR 388
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV[/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • PowderedToastManPowderedToastMan  4175WRX Points: 1,313Members Posts: 4,175 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Feb 18, 2018 #301
    jacobEDGE wrote:

    lowheel wrote:


    The real question is why are all the big golf vlogs on youtube guys from the UK who butcher the english language? its impossible to understand them sometimes. Any word with th in it turns them into pudding.At least peter finch attempts to speak clearly.




    I really really hope this post is some weak attempt at humor.



    Where do you think the ENGLISH language comes from? Do you think English comes from the United States of America? Or, perhaps...England? If anything, WE are butchering THEIR language.




    KYMAR wrote:


    Now you're just making stuff up. I never said "so called professional".



    KYMAR wrote:


    You're correct. I don't play in tournaments like this. I also don't claim to a "professional golfer"



    "Professional golfer" Rick does.




    Bro, are you really that daft? Either you actually are, or you're just trolling at this point. (I'm going with the latter)



    You literally put the term "professional golfer" in quotes, both times you said it. Putting that in quotes is, quite in fact, literally calling him a "so-called" professional golfer. You don't have the spell the words out, but the way you said it implies it.



    Putting professional golfer in quotes means you don't agree or believe he's actually a professional golfer. Not believing he's a professional golfer would be the same thing as calling him a "so-called professional golfer".



    You can't honestly be that dumb.



    Also, by definition, he is a professional golfer. Why? Because he makes a living off the golf industry. Some would even call hit his...profession. WOW. See what I did there? With words? His profession (job, career, means of making money) is golf-related.



    I drove a school bus for a few years. That was my job. My...profession. So, technically, I could have told people I was a professional driver.




    Jacob, KYMAR quoted “professional golfer” because people in this thread were making a distinction between golf professional and professional golfer. These people claimed Rick would only refer to himself as a golf professional, as apparently golf professionals just make their living in the field of golf, whereas professional golfers are expert players who compete in high level tournaments.



    KYMAR, with next to no digging, saw that Rick called himself a professional golfer... on the front of his frequently viewed YouTube homepage. You’ll also note the highlighted section on Rick’s channel advertising his “Quest for the Open”. Clearly Rick views himself as a player, and that’s what the small portion of quoted text of KYMAR’s is referring to.



    In summary, you’ve completely misunderstood the entire argument, and quoted a few words out of KYMAR’s post, and in doing so, called him daft. Again, you called him daft about a topic the argument wasn’t about, without understanding context, or even understanding what was going on... and you called him daft.
    Posted:
    Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reformed club ho.

    In the bag:

    PING. Lots of PING.
16

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.