Ric Shiels- Lumine pro am score

1101112131416»

Comments

• Lincoln_ArcadiaLincoln_Arcadia We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right. So. Cal. 885WRX Points: 117Handicap: 7.4Members Posts: 885 Golden Tee

That's a rule? My last round I decided before the round that I was only going to hit fades - every shot. I was trying to shoot the lowest score I could with only fades, but if I was trying to shoot the lowest score I possibly could shoot, I clearly would not have done that. Now obviously that's not truly comparable to Ricks round, but people aren't always trying to go as low as possible.

Your example is kind of like 3 putt more than 5 times a round. Looks really suspicious. . .

My threesome last weekend was having just a cover-your-eyes awful set of rounds. None of us could play a lick.

One guy three times on the back nine left a long putt or a chip from the fringe like 8-10 feet short of the hole and then make the long putt for par. I finally told him, "If you're trying to sandbag you're ----ing it up!".

Been there and done that. It doesn't look good especially if one of the handicap committee members is playing with you. LOL
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ghromasghromas  521WRX Points: 51Members Posts: 521 Golden Tee
    Those who can't do, teach....

I've been told Mike Breed can't break 80 in a tournament.
    Posted:
    TM M5 10.5* Diamana BF 60TX
    TM M1 15* Diamana Kai'li 80g X
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3; 620 CB 4-PW Project X 6.0
    TM Milled Grind 50, 54; Hi-Toe 58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    ProV1
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, CO 1660WRX Points: 473Handicap: 1.2Members Posts: 1,660 Platinum Tees

That's a rule? My last round I decided before the round that I was only going to hit fades - every shot. I was trying to shoot the lowest score I could with only fades, but if I was trying to shoot the lowest score I possibly could shoot, I clearly would not have done that. Now obviously that's not truly comparable to Ricks round, but people aren't always trying to go as low as possible.

Your example is kind of like 3 putt more than 5 times a round. Looks really suspicious. . .
    More like 3 putt the last 5 holes when the match is over. About Rick...I’m shocked the thread is this large. He’s simply not very good.
    Posted:
    Ping 410 Plus, 9*, Mitsubishi PO 70TX
    Ping G, 14.5*, Mitsubishi PO 80TX
    TaylorMade M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    Taylormade P.7TW, 4-W, DG TI X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid, and 60-low, DG TI S400
    Titleist Cameron Newport 2 Timeless 
    2019 ProV1
  • Jackhammer993Jackhammer993  886WRX Points: 185Members Posts: 886 Golden Tee
    Even Tiger cannot compete with this thread. Impressive. Keep at it boys.
    Posted:
  • LondonerLondoner  1478WRX Points: 279Handicap: 10Members Posts: 1,478 Platinum Tees
    Wow. This is still going?
    Posted:
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • ChillyDipperChillyDipper  1077WRX Points: 150Handicap: 10Members Posts: 1,077 Platinum Tees
    Londoner wrote:

Wow. This is still going?

My thoughts exactly. Shiel(d)s must be loving has name so visible.
    Posted:
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]WIMB:[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]Callaway Epic Subzero[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G 3W[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 712U - 2i [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]VR Pro Blade - 3-9 [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM6 - GW SW LW[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SC Newport 2 - AOP [/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • rymail00rymail00  6705WRX Points: 159Handicap: 6Members Posts: 6,705 Titanium Tees
    I imagine Rick (like anyone) would pray this thread just disappears. Actually I imagine anyone that has an article on the front page of a major golf website pointing out how awful you played in one dumb pro am on the opposite side of the world, that no one would of know about if you hadn't posted it online would wish it'd just disappear.

But I have to give him credit. He could of easily stopped posting about after day1 but stayed true and posted it knowing that it was humiliating instead of trying to bury it. To bad its blown up to this 16 page monstrosity.

I've never met him but seems like a good guy. I think he took quite the internet beating over the last months (or whatever) for 2 bad rounds.

Regardless I'd still take lessons from him if given the opportunity.
    Posted:
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)
    Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • pinestreetgolfpinestreetgolf  3539WRX Points: 340Handicap: 4Members Posts: 3,539 Titanium Tees
    rymail00 wrote:

I imagine Rick (like anyone) would pray this thread just disappears. Actually I imagine anyone that has an article on the front page of a major golf website pointing out how awful you played in one dumb pro am on the opposite side of the world, that no one would of know about if you hadn't posted it online would wish it'd just disappear.

But I have to give him credit. He could of easily stopped posting about after day1 but stayed true and posted it knowing that it was humiliating instead of trying to bury it. To bad its blown up to this 16 page monstrosity.

I've never met him but seems like a good guy. I think he took quite the internet beating over the last months (or whatever) for 2 bad rounds.

He isn't humiliated at all, nor should he be. You shrug, you move on. That's why there's only 18 holes and you always tee it up on #1 at zero (and don't have a "record" that lasts for months and months like some other sports professionals). Its part of the beauty of golf. You are correct that it is completely overblown.

If a player is part of that group of golfers that care about what other golfers think about their score, that player has no chance in the first place. Self-conscious golf is never, ever good golf.

Edit:

"Discouraged" and "humiliated" arn't the same word.
    Posted:
    Wilson Triton 10.5 Rogue 125 msi 60 X-Flex
    Ping G30 2, 3, 4, 5*, 6 Hybrids TFC 419 Stiff Flex
    M2 7-AW ReAx 75 Graphite
    PM Grind 56* KBS Rev 2.0
    Cameron Mallet
  • Lincoln_ArcadiaLincoln_Arcadia We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right. So. Cal. 885WRX Points: 117Handicap: 7.4Members Posts: 885 Golden Tee

rymail00 wrote:

He isn't humiliated at all, nor should he be. You shrug, you move on. That's why there's only 18 holes and you always tee it up on #1 at zero (and don't have a "record" that lasts for months and months like some other sports professionals). Its part of the beauty of golf. You are correct that it is completely overblown.

If a player is part of that group of golfers that care about what other golfers think about their score, that player has no chance in the first place. Self-conscious golf is never, ever good golf.

Edit:

"Discouraged" and "humiliated" arn't the same word.

This is very true.

What makes me feel good is that Rick just came out and said "this is what I shot". That's pretty much the end of the story. :-)
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.