Ric Shiels- Lumine pro am score

1101112131416»

Comments

• Lincoln_ArcadiaLincoln_Arcadia We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right. Posts: 543

That's a rule? My last round I decided before the round that I was only going to hit fades - every shot. I was trying to shoot the lowest score I could with only fades, but if I was trying to shoot the lowest score I possibly could shoot, I clearly would not have done that. Now obviously that's not truly comparable to Ricks round, but people aren't always trying to go as low as possible.

Your example is kind of like 3 putt more than 5 times a round. Looks really suspicious. . .

My threesome last weekend was having just a cover-your-eyes awful set of rounds. None of us could play a lick.

One guy three times on the back nine left a long putt or a chip from the fringe like 8-10 feet short of the hole and then make the long putt for par. I finally told him, "If you're trying to sandbag you're ----ing it up!".

Been there and done that. It doesn't look good especially if one of the handicap committee members is playing with you. LOL
  • Those who can't do, teach....

I've been told Mike Breed can't break 80 in a tournament.
    2017 M2 10.5* HZRDUS Yellow 63g 6.5
    2016 M1 15* Diamana Kai'li 80g X
    Rescue 11 18* Aldila RIP 105g X
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3; CB 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 54* (bent to 53*) and 58*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Taylormade TP5
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭

That's a rule? My last round I decided before the round that I was only going to hit fades - every shot. I was trying to shoot the lowest score I could with only fades, but if I was trying to shoot the lowest score I possibly could shoot, I clearly would not have done that. Now obviously that's not truly comparable to Ricks round, but people aren't always trying to go as low as possible.

Your example is kind of like 3 putt more than 5 times a round. Looks really suspicious. . .
    More like 3 putt the last 5 holes when the match is over. About Rick...I’m shocked the thread is this large. He’s simply not very good.
    Ping G410 - 9*, HZRDUS Black 75-6.5 handcrafted
    Ping G410 - 14.5* LST
    TaylorMade P790 UDI, 17*, Project X Hzrdus Black 85 - 6.5
    TaylorMade P760, 4-W, KBS DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 50-F
    Cleveland RTX 4, 56-mid and 60-low
    Titleist Cameron Tour Rat 1-M or NP2 Timeless
    2019 TM TP5x
  • Jackhammer993Jackhammer993 Posts: 844 ✭✭
    Even Tiger cannot compete with this thread. Impressive. Keep at it boys.
  • LondonerLondoner Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Wow. This is still going?
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • ChillyDipperChillyDipper Members Posts: 1,024 ✭✭
    Londoner wrote:

Wow. This is still going?

My thoughts exactly. Shiel(d)s must be loving has name so visible.
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]WIMB:[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]Callaway Epic Subzero[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G 3W[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 712U - 2i [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]VR Pro Blade - 3-9 [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM6 - GW SW LW[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SC Newport 2 - AOP [/font]
  • rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,704 ✭✭
    I imagine Rick (like anyone) would pray this thread just disappears. Actually I imagine anyone that has an article on the front page of a major golf website pointing out how awful you played in one dumb pro am on the opposite side of the world, that no one would of know about if you hadn't posted it online would wish it'd just disappear.

But I have to give him credit. He could of easily stopped posting about after day1 but stayed true and posted it knowing that it was humiliating instead of trying to bury it. To bad its blown up to this 16 page monstrosity.

I've never met him but seems like a good guy. I think he took quite the internet beating over the last months (or whatever) for 2 bad rounds.

Regardless I'd still take lessons from him if given the opportunity.
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • pinestreetgolfpinestreetgolf Members Posts: 3,352 ✭✭
    edited Apr 6, 2018 #459
    rymail00 wrote:

I imagine Rick (like anyone) would pray this thread just disappears. Actually I imagine anyone that has an article on the front page of a major golf website pointing out how awful you played in one dumb pro am on the opposite side of the world, that no one would of know about if you hadn't posted it online would wish it'd just disappear.

But I have to give him credit. He could of easily stopped posting about after day1 but stayed true and posted it knowing that it was humiliating instead of trying to bury it. To bad its blown up to this 16 page monstrosity.

I've never met him but seems like a good guy. I think he took quite the internet beating over the last months (or whatever) for 2 bad rounds.

He isn't humiliated at all, nor should he be. You shrug, you move on. That's why there's only 18 holes and you always tee it up on #1 at zero (and don't have a "record" that lasts for months and months like some other sports professionals). Its part of the beauty of golf. You are correct that it is completely overblown.

If a player is part of that group of golfers that care about what other golfers think about their score, that player has no chance in the first place. Self-conscious golf is never, ever good golf.

Edit:

"Discouraged" and "humiliated" arn't the same word.
    Nike SQ Lucky 13* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 X-Flex, 43.5"
    Adams Super LS XTD 15* & 19* Kuro Kage stiff
    Bridgestone j40 DPC 4-PW s300
    Vokey SM6 50* & 55*
    PM Grind 64*
  • Lincoln_ArcadiaLincoln_Arcadia We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right. Posts: 543

rymail00 wrote:

He isn't humiliated at all, nor should he be. You shrug, you move on. That's why there's only 18 holes and you always tee it up on #1 at zero (and don't have a "record" that lasts for months and months like some other sports professionals). Its part of the beauty of golf. You are correct that it is completely overblown.

If a player is part of that group of golfers that care about what other golfers think about their score, that player has no chance in the first place. Self-conscious golf is never, ever good golf.

Edit:

"Discouraged" and "humiliated" arn't the same word.

This is very true.

What makes me feel good is that Rick just came out and said "this is what I shot". That's pretty much the end of the story. :-)