TM Twist Face Rumor

14567810»

Comments

• EKELLYEKELLY Members Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people just don't consider ALL the details before opening the can of worms. The world is full of them! TM should be more concerned with trying to outsell Callaway for a change. Crossfield is meaningless to them!....
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    EKELLY wrote:

Some people just don't consider ALL the details before opening the can of worms. The world is full of them! TM should be more concerned with trying to outsell Callaway for a change. Crossfield is meaningless to them!....

Has TM actually said anything about this? Not that I have seen. Our banter here is not TM.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 5 Crossover/Alta CB r flex
    Ping IE1 6-G/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping Glide ES 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Mookie91 wrote:

QuigleyDU wrote:

Mookie91 wrote:

9 pages in and this is still being debated, LOL.

I'm the proud owner of an M4 but there is nothing revolutionary involved in this club.

If there was some earth shattering tech every tour pro would be hitting it and don't think otherwise.

not 100% true. there are contracts involved. i would say that the cally epic was almost earth shattering in its tech. not everyone played it. Heck Rory did and then signed with TM. what does that tell you? not that their clubs were better but the had more $$$

I will grant you that contracts do play a role but if the Epic was going to give Rory 5 more majors he would't have switched and any "normal" PGA Tour player that this would create a decided advantage for would switch in heartbeat. Tiger would hit any driver if it gave him a competitive advantage since the glory is more important than equipment contracts considering most agents would probably say that success will eventual bring in the cash. If you played for free on the tour for 20 years and racked up 5 majors and 30 wins you could write your ticket after that.

i am not so sure that is the case any more. Rory made 250 million by signing with nike. would winning 5 majors give him anything close to that??? no, it wouldnt. the endorsment money is what they are after.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • asw7576asw7576 Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Unbelievable 10 pages image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Drivers : Taylormade RBZ S2, JetSpeed, SLDR S[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Fairways : Taylormade SLDR S, Callaway X2 Hot[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Hybrids : Taylormade RBZ S2, SLDRS S[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Irons : Mizuno JPX 800 HD, Yamaha Inpres X Z Cavity 2013 & Z 2016, Maruman Titus & X1 [/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Wedges : Mizuno T4[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Putters : Oddyssey Tank 2 balls, Works 2 fangs[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Shoes : Footjoy DNA[/font]
  • LondonerLondoner Members Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    anth wrote:

I heard a rumour Crossfield is a wanker. Can anyone confirm?

This is not a statement. Just asking...

He has medals and trophies.
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • EKELLYEKELLY Members Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad9 wrote:

EKELLY wrote:

Has TM actually said anything about this? Not that I have seen. Our banter here is not TM.
    For sure, I'll bet they've heard by now of the rant, and could care less. They won't comment anyway, but the chatter will continue among us...
  • LondonerLondoner Members Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    QuigleyDU wrote:

Mookie91 wrote:

QuigleyDU wrote:

Mookie91 wrote:

I'm the proud owner of an M4 but there is nothing revolutionary involved in this club.

If there was some earth shattering tech every tour pro would be hitting it and don't think otherwise.

not 100% true. there are contracts involved. i would say that the cally epic was almost earth shattering in its tech. not everyone played it. Heck Rory did and then signed with TM. what does that tell you? not that their clubs were better but the had more $$$

I will grant you that contracts do play a role but if the Epic was going to give Rory 5 more majors he would't have switched and any "normal" PGA Tour player that this would create a decided advantage for would switch in heartbeat. Tiger would hit any driver if it gave him a competitive advantage since the glory is more important than equipment contracts considering most agents would probably say that success will eventual bring in the cash. If you played for free on the tour for 20 years and racked up 5 majors and 30 wins you could write your ticket after that.

i am not so sure that is the case any more. Rory made 250 million by signing with nike. would winning 5 majors give him anything close to that??? no, it wouldnt. the endorsment money is what they are after.

Does wearing Nike clothes and shoes affect your game? I dont think the logo on MY clothes has any effect. Maybe id play better in Adidas?
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • sailfishchrissailfishchris Members Posts: 916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! This is still going! Who knew- Crossfield the straw that stirs the drink.
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Synergy Proto 65TX
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Super Peening Blue X
    Vokey SM5 raw 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
    Toulon Memphis
    ProV1X / TP5X
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • johnnythundersjohnnythunders ClubWRX Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven’t paid attention to what either have to say in a long while. Crossfield is a comedian who basically has his act and ever club review is him hitting the ball the same distance after making fun of the technology. Sheils swing is so inconsistent his reviews are worthless.

The most through reviews are Martin Hopley on Golfalot, explains the technology and compares it to last years model with statistics.

2019bag Big Bertha Fusion 10.5 Fuji evo 661 Stiff, Mizuno st190 5 atmos red 6 regular,  Epic flash 7 Fujikura xlr8 Regular, Rogue 11 fairway wood with Wishon s2s 85 gram black regular, Epic Flash Hybrid 6,  Mizuno 919 fli hi 6/7 kbs tour 90 regular, 8/9, PW Cobra F-max one length smacwrap 780 regular, Pw/Gw Mizuno  919 forged gold dynamic 95 regular, Mizuno s18 56 wedge gold dynamic regular, Toulon Austin, Ball Bridgestone b rx
  • MarkAJonesMarkAJones Jonesy Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    I have no issue with club and ball tech helping the player. If thats making it a long hitters game sobeit. Dont rein in the tech, change the courses!
    Hart Common Golf Club, Westhoughton, United Kingdom

WITB:

Driver:
    TaylorMade 2017 M1 HZRDUS Stiff 10.5
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #2 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 15.5
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #3 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 18
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #4 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 22.5
    Irons: Ping i200 5 - PW AWT 2.0 Stiff Green dot +1inch
    Wedge 1:
    Ping Glide 50 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1inch
    Wedge 2:
    Ping Glide 54 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1.25inch
    Wedge 3:
    Ping Glide 58 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1.50inch
    Putter: Ping Ketsch Cadence 375g

Gamer Ball: Bridgestone B330RXS
  • cardia10cardia10 Members Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So my question on the twist face is this, if your swing is a normal draw but you hit it off center with a little toe and it was going to be a baby push draw does the twist face now turn that push draw (Mishit) into a push with the open toe effect? Or on the other side of things would it turn a cut off the toe into a slice?

I say based on my limited time hitting it, yes. Shots I normally hit well go bad fast. I'm in the faction where this driver does the opposite for me. I hit toe draws and hooks that with this club have turned into pretty big slices. Maybe Rory won't play a steel shafted persimmon for $5 million per year, but I bet #175 on the money list would consider it.
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, you guys tell me if he didn’t call out everyone on this forum. (Not that he is 100% wrong). Hahaha.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • dunndunn Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Havnt seen any difference in it, nor did I think they're would be...

Marketing is all...
  • rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    QuigleyDU wrote:

https://youtu.be/AFlFDPAofo4

Ok, you guys tell me if he didn’t call out everyone on this forum. (Not that he is 100% wrong). Hahaha.

Can't lie he's my favorite to watch on YouTube. It's basically no BS, all the time. Maybe that's not what some people want to hear, but he cuts out all the marketing (even makes fun of it sometimes) and just tests them and gives an honest review. Plus is course vlogs are super entertaining.
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • Mookie91Mookie91 Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    QuigleyDU wrote:

Mookie91 wrote:

QuigleyDU wrote:

Mookie91 wrote:

Don't know what Rory's contract he signed with Nike in 2013 has anything to do with him switching from the Epic to the M3 this year? The reason why Rory signed that enormous contract in 2013 was his on course success.

We continue to digress. Bottom line is no competitive PGA Tour pro who is playing inferior equipment for endorsement money. There isn't anyone rocking the Dick's Maxfli Set or the Costco Dunlop Specials to get a check. If Dustin Johnson thought the Vertical Groove driver would win him the Masters, The Open Championship and 8 wins this year it would be in the bag.
    TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
    TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
    Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
    Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
    Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,165 ClubWRX
    Mookie91 wrote:

QuigleyDU wrote:

Mookie91 wrote:

QuigleyDU wrote:

Mookie91 wrote:

Don't know what Rory's contract he signed with Nike in 2013 has anything to do with him switching from the Epic to the M3 this year? The reason why Rory signed that enormous contract in 2013 was his on course success.

We continue to digress. Bottom line is no competitive PGA Tour pro who is playing inferior equipment for endorsement money. There isn't anyone rocking the Dick's Maxfli Set or the Costco Dunlop Specials to get a check. If Dustin Johnson thought the Vertical Groove driver would win him the Masters, The Open Championship and 8 wins this year it would be in the bag.

I bet they would if they got paid Rory/Nike contract money. Sure no one would play that for 5 million a year but a YUGE contract of $250+ million might have someone thinking twice... who's to say they couldn't fit up a pro within their specs to possibly have a shot at success? Problem is, none of those companies would or could pony up that much in a contract to one player.

Bubba friggin played a Volvik ball for a year.....
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist TS2 15* HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 70g
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85s
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM6 52/58
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file