2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

TM Twist Face Rumor

Comments

• golfnhackgolfnhack  2543WRX Points: 121Members Posts: 2,543
    I used to be a Crossfield fan. But he has REALLY lost his way over the last year. His new subscribers has dropped off the face of the earth. Shiels gained 100k users and MC less than 10K over the same time frame. Every review is the same now. He says the same thing and does the same thing IN EVERY REVIEW. He comes off as arrogant, desperate and even paranoid these days.
    Posted:
    "Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ignitewvuignitewvu  2227WRX Points: 237Members Posts: 2,227
    golfnhack wrote:

I used to be a Crossfield fan. But he has REALLY lost his way over the last year. His new subscribers has dropped off the face of the earth. Shiels gained 100k users and MC less than 10K over the same time frame. Every review is the same now. He says the same thing and does the same thing IN EVERY REVIEW. He comes off as arrogant, desperate and even paranoid these days.

Perfect description of Mark these days.....

I mean I don't think he realizes 75% of us are just club hoes & we KNOW WE ARE!!! We are wanting reasons to BUY, not reasons NOT to buy!!! Equipment becomes more of a hobby maybe even a habit for some of us. Hammering companies he doesn't like for releasing too many clubs & hyping companies that pay him are both super lame. His constant TM bellyaching is also super lame.
    Posted:
    M5 9 Fujikura Ventus Black 6S Stiff
    M5 15 3 Wood Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff
    Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
    M1 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
    Taylormade MG 52 S300
    Taylormade MG2 56/8 KBS HiRev 125
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60/10 KBS HiRev 115
    Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• phen0men0nphen0men0n  88WRX Points: 0Handicap: 10.8Members Posts: 88
    Maybe the tour pros are still playing M2's and M1's just with M3/4 colors? Do they still do that?
    Posted:
  • buckeyewaltbuckeyewalt  135WRX Points: 85Handicap: 14Members Posts: 135
    Just thinking if TM can't get to MC the conventional way they can might be able to get through to his bread and butter...youtube!
    Posted:
  • LemondeLemonde  788WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 788

I wonder who started this rumor. Could you imagine if it was Callaway or Titleist? That would be like Taylormade claiming Callaway used non-conforming Epics in their fitting carts to sell more drivers.

It took a few pages before this grenade rolled off the truck again...
    Posted:
    Driver On Order - Callaway GBB Epic SZ 440 9 Tour Issue - shaft TBD - HZRDUS Red 6.5 62g
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid On Order - Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Hybrid - TM M6 Hybrid 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 120X
    Wedge Pondering - Hi Toe Bigfoot 60 Indi ATK 50 & 58
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • LemondeLemonde  788WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 788
    RichieHunt wrote:

I unfollowed MC on twitter.

lol that'll show him

But yeah, unfollowed him on all social media a while ago as well. Every single review was exactly the same.

I never have been a fan of any reviews from any of the reviewers on YouTube. They seem like good guys, but their reviews are really an exercise in futility. That's why I prefer what The Golf Lab with Liam Mucklow (and Carson Hau) is doing. They measured the exact driver head dimensions, including the exact locations of the CoG and gave the head dimensions on video between the M1 and the M3. They moved the weights all the way up front and all the way back and showed how that changed the CoG. Then they had Mucklow hit a bunch of balls on GEARS with each head and changed the weight locations using the same shaft.

The reviews Shiels, Crossfield, etc. do are really purely subjective such as how the club looks and feels to them. Even Shiels did one where he goes into how much he hates the name 'Epic.' The only somewhat objective data is the results using a launch monitor, but that's not really the most objective data.

The Golf Lab's video was largely objective data showing the difference between the CoG's in the M1 vs. the M3, how the CoG changes when they move the weights around and the resulting differences in carry distance and ball speed. As well as how the loft and face angle varies depending where they measure on the face.

The only thing advantage Shiels/Crossfield type of reviews have is that they can do more reviews because it takes much more work to do it the way the Golf Lab did it. Also, The Golf Lab charges $13 for their video. Hopefully, they adjust the price point on future videos. But, it's a far more informative way to do equipment reviews.

RH

You had my interest peaked and then you lost me at $13.
    Posted:
    Driver On Order - Callaway GBB Epic SZ 440 9 Tour Issue - shaft TBD - HZRDUS Red 6.5 62g
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid On Order - Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Hybrid - TM M6 Hybrid 19 HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 120X
    Wedge Pondering - Hi Toe Bigfoot 60 Indi ATK 50 & 58
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Advertisement
  • 3_Putt_Par3_Putt_Par Somewhere out West. 890WRX Points: 69Handicap: 2 hiMembers Posts: 890
    No need for any TM 'get back.' At this pace he will make his own bed with his content and antics. Ever since the TM shaming video, it seems his content is getting less about the clubs and more about him. Now this tweet from out of nowhere is the icing on the cake.

As the youtube scene gets more content makers, we are starting to see the different ways to talk about the same thing and how Mark '#Trollface' Crossfield is becoming just one voice among the crowd. More power to him for creating his brand, but I'm digging the TXG and AMG style of data and information driven videos.
    Posted:
    9* Ping G400 Max w/ Tour AD GP 7
    16.5* M2 ‘16 Tour Issue HL w/ P9003
    19* Ping G410 3h w/Tour 85
    4-PW Onoff Kuro Forged (2019) w/ Modus3 125
    52/08 OnOff 2015 Kuro Forged Wedge Black Finish
    56/12 Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth w/ Modus3 125
    60/06 Ping Glide 3.0 TS w/ DG TI S200
    TM Spider Tour Black Double Bend
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16  8740WRX Points: 1,113Members Posts: 8,740
    TXG guy knows his stuff big time. Wish I could go to Toronto to get fit by him.
    Posted:
    D - Epic SZ | Tour Z Xtreme 465
    4w - '16 Tour Issue M1 | Diamana B 70
    3h - '17 Tour Issue M1 | Tour Blue 85
    Irons - MP-20 SEL 4-PW | Modus 120
    GW - Glide 3.0 50/12 | S400 Tour Issue
    SW - Glide 3.0 54/12| S400 Tour Issue
    LW - Glide 3.0 58/10 | S400 Tour Issue
    P - EVNROLL ER5
    Ball - Bridgestone BXS

• braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, Illinois 6034WRX Points: 1,321Handicap: 10Members Posts: 6,034
    You mean to tell me that someone in the golf industry is LYING!!!???? Say it ain't so!! image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because your offended doesn't mean you're right
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98  3608WRX Points: 231Members Posts: 3,608
    Chunk777 wrote:
    and thread should just be shut down

I love it when posters make the “shut it down” proclamation. As if one of the Admins here deputized them:)
    Posted:
  • thesaxemachinethesaxemachine Hello, friends...  448WRX Points: 84Handicap: 9.9Members Posts: 448
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

TXG guy knows his stuff big time. Wish I could go to Toronto to get fit by him.

Ian is a great fitter and a better guy. Highly recommend.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Titleist TS3 w/ Even Flow White
    M1 w/ Diamana Thump
    M4 Tour w/ Kuro Kage TiNi
    GAPR w/ KBS Tour Proto
    Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
    Vokey 46° 
    Hi-Toe 52° & 58°
    Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

Advertisement
  • TrueWRXTrueWRX  1820WRX Points: 271Members Posts: 1,820

Chunk777 wrote:
    and thread should just be shut down

I love it when posters make the “shut it down” proclamation. As if one of the Admins here deputized them:)
    or bc it was proven to be a false claim by MC.....
    Posted:

• Captain Morgan Captain Morgan  709WRX Points: 102Members Posts: 709
    Think he got you.

Posted:
    Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX  8936WRX Points: 296Handicap: lowClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,936
    He’s on the Titleist payroll now. Im not surprised to see him bash other OEMs. It’s probably in his contract.
    Posted:
    PXG 0811X 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6X
    PXG 0341X  15* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
    PXG 0317X 19* - Diamana S+ 80X
    PXG 0311T 4-P - DGTI AMT S400
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Tracy Tour
    Snell Black
  • ssfrannyssfranny  2984WRX Points: 266Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,984

Crossfield is salty about TM not sending him anything, Mark just trying to stir the pot. Twistface really isn't detrimental to a professional. Crossfield always bashes tech and features simply because he likes to pander to the people that watch his videos and hardly understand what to look for in a club.

I watched Sheils review on it and I think he's much more credible than the white British Urkel. Shiels said himself that when pros want to hit a draw they hit high on toe and when Shiels did it was a block. Crossfield whines like a little girl about TM while taking sponsorship from titleist. I don't blame TM one bit.
    Posted:
  • ssfrannyssfranny  2984WRX Points: 266Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,984
    Frankly twist face or not those M3/M4 sounded loud and feel like crap. I'm amazed that DJ Rory TW and JD play them and I would expect hey play a Modified driver
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf  17063WRX Points: 1,190Members Posts: 17,063
    ssfranny wrote:

Crossfield is salty about TM not sending him anything, Mark just trying to stir the pot. Twistface really isn't detrimental to a professional. Crossfield always bashes tech and features simply because he likes to pander to the people that watch his videos and hardly understand what to look for in a club.

I watched Sheils review on it and I think he's much more credible than the white British Urkel. Shiels said himself that when pros want to hit a draw they hit high on toe and when Shiels did it was a block. Crossfield whines like a little girl about TM while taking sponsorship from titleist. I don't blame TM one bit.

When pros wanna hit a draw they are NOT trying to hit it high and off the toe.
    Posted:
  • rymail00rymail00  6705WRX Points: 159Handicap: 6Members Posts: 6,705
    ignitewvu wrote:

golfnhack wrote:

Perfect description of Mark these days.....

I mean I don't think he realizes 75% of us are just club hoes & we KNOW WE ARE!!! We are wanting reasons to BUY, not reasons NOT to buy!!! Equipment becomes more of a hobby maybe even a habit for some of us. Hammering companies he doesn't like for releasing too many clubs & hyping companies that pay him are both super lame. His constant TM bellyaching is also super lame.

EDIT: I kinda went off on a tangent but...

I can agree with your post almost 100%, but yet I still finding it slightly refreshing that someone can basically say "it's a new release, with a new paint scheme and fancy marketing terms, and honestly this version of such and such, is really no different than the previous gen club. If you own the previous gen club then its maybe not worth upgrading unless you like the look better, if you own something older than maybe you'll see gains, but definitely demo and get fit to see first", Granted it may not be a glowing review, but regardless I find it to be honest on whether upgrading is justified (where I live we NEVER see current releases, and can never demo before buying so his no BS, approach may rub many the wrong way, but at least helps people like me to narrow down what certain models might be of interest, again it sucks not being able to try new clubs before buying so a no BS review is refreshing).

Also like many it's hard to not think that his Titleist deal can't affect certain things in one way or another. But I've watched all his reviews since the signing with thought of that and I don't see any favoring or un-favoring in the review, or this this club is $h!t get a Titleist instead, that has not been the case. I'd say "so far" his Titleist deal has not seem to affect his reviews. Like today he released a Rogue hybrid review. It performed well basically across the board, and he said that, granted he didn't care for the view from address (personally it's shape from his vid that does not spark any interest in what I find aesthetically pleasing either) but he had good things to say about it.

But I have no problem admitting his whole vid about TM not sending him clubs was a turn off. And this whole tour pros using a nonTwist Face driver is slightly weird. But I remember Rick Shiels review of the M3/4, and he did not like the twist face (take that for what it is), but mentioned something about liking to see, or hoping to see a M3/4 with a normal bulge and roll face in the future. So in a very round about way it has been mentioned in some light before this Twitter post. Regardless due to his past TM vid sh!tting on them for not giving free clubs to demo does raise an eyebrow on his Twitter post....

Anyways my $.02 on it.
    Posted:
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)
    Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey  6078WRX Points: 430Members Posts: 6,078
    phen0men0n wrote:
    Maybe the tour pros are still playing M2's and M1's just with M3/4 colors? Do they still do that?

I do that.
    Posted:
  • rymail00rymail00  6705WRX Points: 159Handicap: 6Members Posts: 6,705
    Lemonde wrote:

RichieHunt wrote:

I unfollowed MC on twitter.

lol that'll show him

But yeah, unfollowed him on all social media a while ago as well. Every single review was exactly the same.

I never have been a fan of any reviews from any of the reviewers on YouTube. They seem like good guys, but their reviews are really an exercise in futility. That's why I prefer what The Golf Lab with Liam Mucklow (and Carson Hau) is doing. They measured the exact driver head dimensions, including the exact locations of the CoG and gave the head dimensions on video between the M1 and the M3. They moved the weights all the way up front and all the way back and showed how that changed the CoG. Then they had Mucklow hit a bunch of balls on GEARS with each head and changed the weight locations using the same shaft.

The reviews Shiels, Crossfield, etc. do are really purely subjective such as how the club looks and feels to them. Even Shiels did one where he goes into how much he hates the name 'Epic.' The only somewhat objective data is the results using a launch monitor, but that's not really the most objective data.

The Golf Lab's video was largely objective data showing the difference between the CoG's in the M1 vs. the M3, how the CoG changes when they move the weights around and the resulting differences in carry distance and ball speed. As well as how the loft and face angle varies depending where they measure on the face.

The only thing advantage Shiels/Crossfield type of reviews have is that they can do more reviews because it takes much more work to do it the way the Golf Lab did it. Also, The Golf Lab charges $13 for their video. Hopefully, they adjust the price point on future videos. But, it's a far more informative way to do equipment reviews.

RH

You had my interest peaked and then you lost me at $13.

**** I got excited until the $13 to watch a review....
    Posted:
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)
    Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives  1251WRX Points: 161Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,251
    I've had multiple tour m1 and m2 heads before from tour department and they 100% had less buldge and roll. In fact I requested a head with as little as possible.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. Canada 3116WRX Points: 518Handicap: 8.3Members Posts: 3,116

phen0men0n wrote:

I do that.

Graphic are all part of the USGA approval which is why they’re listed. So, no this can’t be done without going through the USGA for approval.
    Posted:

Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5° driver Diamana ZF 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 10.5° driver Diamana DF 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Diamana BF 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° hybrid MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex

Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Titleist Yellow Pro V1

• Double GeeDouble Gee  1081WRX Points: 99Members Posts: 1,081
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

He’s on the Titleist payroll now. Im not surprised to see him bash other OEMs. It’s probably in his contract.

Spoken by someone who clearly hasn't seen one video since 'Titleistgate'

Posted:
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under  2784WRX Points: 199Handicap: 4Members Posts: 2,784
    Did Crossfield have anything to say about this?
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • asw7576asw7576  1094WRX Points: 26Handicap: 25Members Posts: 1,094
    5 pages .... wow image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • ByeBye England 1359WRX Points: 117Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 1,359
    asw7576 wrote:

Agreed. Looks like a desperate move to keep people talking about him. Might have worked. Personally I would be cringing if I worked for Titleist.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1

Advertisement
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, Illinois 6034WRX Points: 1,321Handicap: 10Members Posts: 6,034
    Bye wrote:

asw7576 wrote:

Agreed. Looks like a desperate move to keep people talking about him. Might have worked. Personally I would be cringing if I worked for Titleist.

Why?
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because your offended doesn't mean you're right
  • ByeBye England 1359WRX Points: 117Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 1,359
    lawsonman wrote:

Bye wrote:

asw7576 wrote:

Why?

I don't know the details of his deal with Titleist but as a staff player he is representing their company. Promoting their products, not casting doubt or rubbishing their competitors. It may be a cultural thing or it may just be me, but imo it's not very professional.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1
  • HedgehogHedgehog EU 467WRX Points: 176Handicap: 5Members Posts: 467

I've had multiple tour m1 and m2 heads before from tour department and they 100% had less buldge and roll. In fact I requested a head with as little as possible.

But are those models same as the USGA approved heads?

So according to this post, there could also be M3/M4 drivers with less buldge and roll...?
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10° Tour 65X
    TM M2 16,5° HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
    Ping G410 3H CK PRO Blue 80TX
    Ping G410 4Crossover AD DI Hy85X
    Ping iBlade 5-PW Modus3 105S
    RTX4 52/56/60° Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W
    Titleist ProV1 2019

Advertisement
  • Ed SettleEd Settle #InsideTMAG  6059WRX Points: 175Handicap: 8.7ClubWRX Posts: 6,059
    gioguy21 wrote:

wfrogge1 wrote:

He clearly says this is a rumor.
    "...but i said all due respect"...

“Bless his heart...”
    Posted:
    Twitter:

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design VR-6X
    Fairway 3w: Callaway Rogue 3/15* GD GP-6X 
    Fairway 5w: Callaway Rogue 5/18* GD GP-6X
    Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4/23* Catalyst 70S
    Irons: Callaway '19 Apex Pro Dot 5-PW Elevate Tour 
    Wedges: Callaway MD 4 52/MD 2 56/Custom 60 WB Grind Modus 115 Wedge 
    Putter: Toulon Design Garage Palm Beach RG
    Ball: Callaway CSX Triple Track
    Bag: Vessel Black 14 way carry

My WITB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.