TM Twist Face Rumor

Comments

• golfnhackgolfnhack Members Posts: 2,521 ✭✭
    I used to be a Crossfield fan. But he has REALLY lost his way over the last year. His new subscribers has dropped off the face of the earth. Shiels gained 100k users and MC less than 10K over the same time frame. Every review is the same now. He says the same thing and does the same thing IN EVERY REVIEW. He comes off as arrogant, desperate and even paranoid these days.
    "Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones
  • ignitewvuignitewvu Members Posts: 2,040 ✭✭
    golfnhack wrote:

I used to be a Crossfield fan. But he has REALLY lost his way over the last year. His new subscribers has dropped off the face of the earth. Shiels gained 100k users and MC less than 10K over the same time frame. Every review is the same now. He says the same thing and does the same thing IN EVERY REVIEW. He comes off as arrogant, desperate and even paranoid these days.

Perfect description of Mark these days.....

I mean I don't think he realizes 75% of us are just club hoes & we KNOW WE ARE!!! We are wanting reasons to BUY, not reasons NOT to buy!!! Equipment becomes more of a hobby maybe even a habit for some of us. Hammering companies he doesn't like for releasing too many clubs & hyping companies that pay him are both super lame. His constant TM bellyaching is also super lame.
    M5 9.5 Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 6 Stiff
    M3 15 3 Wood Mitsubishi Tensei AV 75 Stiff
    M1 19 Hybrid Fujikura Atmos Blue 80HB Stiff
    M1 4i @ 39" KBS Tour 105
    Bridgestone J15DPF 5-PW DG Pro S300
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52, 56 & 60 DGS200
    Odyessey Exo 7 34"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • Maybe the tour pros are still playing M2's and M1's just with M3/4 colors? Do they still do that?
  • buckeyewaltbuckeyewalt Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Just thinking if TM can't get to MC the conventional way they can might be able to get through to his bread and butter...youtube!
  • LemondeLemonde Posts: 732 ✭✭

I wonder who started this rumor. Could you imagine if it was Callaway or Titleist? That would be like Taylormade claiming Callaway used non-conforming Epics in their fitting carts to sell more drivers.

It took a few pages before this grenade rolled off the truck again...
    Driver - TM M3 440 10 Tensei Blue X
    Driver - TM M5 Tour 435 10.5 Tensei Orange X (ON ORDER)
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid - TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5
    Irons - W/S C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • LemondeLemonde Posts: 732 ✭✭
    RichieHunt wrote:

I unfollowed MC on twitter.

lol that'll show him

But yeah, unfollowed him on all social media a while ago as well. Every single review was exactly the same.

I never have been a fan of any reviews from any of the reviewers on YouTube. They seem like good guys, but their reviews are really an exercise in futility. That's why I prefer what The Golf Lab with Liam Mucklow (and Carson Hau) is doing. They measured the exact driver head dimensions, including the exact locations of the CoG and gave the head dimensions on video between the M1 and the M3. They moved the weights all the way up front and all the way back and showed how that changed the CoG. Then they had Mucklow hit a bunch of balls on GEARS with each head and changed the weight locations using the same shaft.

The reviews Shiels, Crossfield, etc. do are really purely subjective such as how the club looks and feels to them. Even Shiels did one where he goes into how much he hates the name 'Epic.' The only somewhat objective data is the results using a launch monitor, but that's not really the most objective data.

The Golf Lab's video was largely objective data showing the difference between the CoG's in the M1 vs. the M3, how the CoG changes when they move the weights around and the resulting differences in carry distance and ball speed. As well as how the loft and face angle varies depending where they measure on the face.

The only thing advantage Shiels/Crossfield type of reviews have is that they can do more reviews because it takes much more work to do it the way the Golf Lab did it. Also, The Golf Lab charges $13 for their video. Hopefully, they adjust the price point on future videos. But, it's a far more informative way to do equipment reviews.

RH

You had my interest peaked and then you lost me at $13.
    Driver - TM M3 440 10 Tensei Blue X
    Driver - TM M5 Tour 435 10.5 Tensei Orange X (ON ORDER)
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid - TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5
    Irons - W/S C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”
  • 3_Putt_Par3_Putt_Par Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man. Members Posts: 879 ✭✭
    No need for any TM 'get back.' At this pace he will make his own bed with his content and antics. Ever since the TM shaming video, it seems his content is getting less about the clubs and more about him. Now this tweet from out of nowhere is the icing on the cake.

As the youtube scene gets more content makers, we are starting to see the different ways to talk about the same thing and how Mark '#Trollface' Crossfield is becoming just one voice among the crowd. More power to him for creating his brand, but I'm digging the TXG and AMG style of data and information driven videos.
    9* Ping G400 Max w/ Tour AD GP 7
    14.5* PRGR EGG HD w/ P9003
    18* Titleist 917F2 w/ Diamana BF 80
    24* Honma TW-U w/ Vizard IB 105
    5-PW Callaway Legacy Black (2011) w/ Modus3 125
    52/08 OnOff 2015 Kuro Forged Wedge Black Finish
    56/12 Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth w/ Modus3 125
    60/08 Fourteen RM 21 w/ Modus 125 Wedge
    Ever rotating 3 Putting implement of humiliation
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,173 ✭✭
    TXG guy knows his stuff big time. Wish I could go to Toronto to get fit by him.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,165 ✭✭
    You mean to tell me that someone in the golf industry is LYING!!!???? Say it ain't so!! image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,511 ✭✭
    Chunk777 wrote:
    and thread should just be shut down

I love it when posters make the “shut it down” proclamation. As if one of the Admins here deputized them:)
  • thesaxemachinethesaxemachine Hello, friends... Posts: 433 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 12, 2018 #132
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

TXG guy knows his stuff big time. Wish I could go to Toronto to get fit by him.

Ian is a great fitter and a better guy. Highly recommend.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Rogue SZ w/ Tour AD GP
    M1 w/ Diamana Thump
    GAPR w/ KBS Tour Proto
    Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
    Vokey 46° 50° 54°
    Hi-Toe 58°
    Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3
  • PatsNationPatsNation Posts: 1,490 ✭✭

Chunk777 wrote:
    and thread should just be shut down

I love it when posters make the “shut it down” proclamation. As if one of the Admins here deputized them:)
    or bc it was proven to be a false claim by MC.....
  • Captain Morgan Captain Morgan Posts: 706 ✭✭
    Think he got you.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,844 ClubWRX
    He’s on the Titleist payroll now. Im not surprised to see him bash other OEMs. It’s probably in his contract.
    PING G400 LS 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Titleist T-MB 3 Iron - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour Spec
    Srixon 785 4-P - Nippon Pro Modus 120
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Titleist Pro V1 Yellow
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,573 ✭✭

Crossfield is salty about TM not sending him anything, Mark just trying to stir the pot. Twistface really isn't detrimental to a professional. Crossfield always bashes tech and features simply because he likes to pander to the people that watch his videos and hardly understand what to look for in a club.

I watched Sheils review on it and I think he's much more credible than the white British Urkel. Shiels said himself that when pros want to hit a draw they hit high on toe and when Shiels did it was a block. Crossfield whines like a little girl about TM while taking sponsorship from titleist. I don't blame TM one bit.
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,573 ✭✭
    Frankly twist face or not those M3/M4 sounded loud and feel like ****. I'm amazed that DJ Rory TW and JD play them and I would expect hey play a Modified driver
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,590 ✭✭
    ssfranny wrote:

Crossfield is salty about TM not sending him anything, Mark just trying to stir the pot. Twistface really isn't detrimental to a professional. Crossfield always bashes tech and features simply because he likes to pander to the people that watch his videos and hardly understand what to look for in a club.

I watched Sheils review on it and I think he's much more credible than the white British Urkel. Shiels said himself that when pros want to hit a draw they hit high on toe and when Shiels did it was a block. Crossfield whines like a little girl about TM while taking sponsorship from titleist. I don't blame TM one bit.

When pros wanna hit a draw they are NOT trying to hit it high and off the toe.
  • rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,704 ✭✭
    edited Feb 12, 2018 #139
    ignitewvu wrote:

golfnhack wrote:

Perfect description of Mark these days.....

I mean I don't think he realizes 75% of us are just club hoes & we KNOW WE ARE!!! We are wanting reasons to BUY, not reasons NOT to buy!!! Equipment becomes more of a hobby maybe even a habit for some of us. Hammering companies he doesn't like for releasing too many clubs & hyping companies that pay him are both super lame. His constant TM bellyaching is also super lame.

EDIT: I kinda went off on a tangent but...

I can agree with your post almost 100%, but yet I still finding it slightly refreshing that someone can basically say "it's a new release, with a new paint scheme and fancy marketing terms, and honestly this version of such and such, is really no different than the previous gen club. If you own the previous gen club then its maybe not worth upgrading unless you like the look better, if you own something older than maybe you'll see gains, but definitely demo and get fit to see first", Granted it may not be a glowing review, but regardless I find it to be honest on whether upgrading is justified (where I live we NEVER see current releases, and can never demo before buying so his no BS, approach may rub many the wrong way, but at least helps people like me to narrow down what certain models might be of interest, again it sucks not being able to try new clubs before buying so a no BS review is refreshing).

Also like many it's hard to not think that his Titleist deal can't affect certain things in one way or another. But I've watched all his reviews since the signing with thought of that and I don't see any favoring or un-favoring in the review, or this this club is $h!t get a Titleist instead, that has not been the case. I'd say "so far" his Titleist deal has not seem to affect his reviews. Like today he released a Rogue hybrid review. It performed well basically across the board, and he said that, granted he didn't care for the view from address (personally it's shape from his vid that does not spark any interest in what I find aesthetically pleasing either) but he had good things to say about it.

But I have no problem admitting his whole vid about TM not sending him clubs was a turn off. And this whole tour pros using a nonTwist Face driver is slightly weird. But I remember Rick Shiels review of the M3/4, and he did not like the twist face (take that for what it is), but mentioned something about liking to see, or hoping to see a M3/4 with a normal bulge and roll face in the future. So in a very round about way it has been mentioned in some light before this Twitter post. Regardless due to his past TM vid sh!tting on them for not giving free clubs to demo does raise an eyebrow on his Twitter post....

Anyways my $.02 on it.
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members Posts: 5,875 ✭✭
    phen0men0n wrote:
    Maybe the tour pros are still playing M2's and M1's just with M3/4 colors? Do they still do that?

I do that.
  • rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,704 ✭✭
    Lemonde wrote:

RichieHunt wrote:

I unfollowed MC on twitter.

lol that'll show him

But yeah, unfollowed him on all social media a while ago as well. Every single review was exactly the same.

I never have been a fan of any reviews from any of the reviewers on YouTube. They seem like good guys, but their reviews are really an exercise in futility. That's why I prefer what The Golf Lab with Liam Mucklow (and Carson Hau) is doing. They measured the exact driver head dimensions, including the exact locations of the CoG and gave the head dimensions on video between the M1 and the M3. They moved the weights all the way up front and all the way back and showed how that changed the CoG. Then they had Mucklow hit a bunch of balls on GEARS with each head and changed the weight locations using the same shaft.

The reviews Shiels, Crossfield, etc. do are really purely subjective such as how the club looks and feels to them. Even Shiels did one where he goes into how much he hates the name 'Epic.' The only somewhat objective data is the results using a launch monitor, but that's not really the most objective data.

The Golf Lab's video was largely objective data showing the difference between the CoG's in the M1 vs. the M3, how the CoG changes when they move the weights around and the resulting differences in carry distance and ball speed. As well as how the loft and face angle varies depending where they measure on the face.

The only thing advantage Shiels/Crossfield type of reviews have is that they can do more reviews because it takes much more work to do it the way the Golf Lab did it. Also, The Golf Lab charges $13 for their video. Hopefully, they adjust the price point on future videos. But, it's a far more informative way to do equipment reviews.

RH

You had my interest peaked and then you lost me at $13.

**** I got excited until the $13 to watch a review....
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,177 ✭✭
    I've had multiple tour m1 and m2 heads before from tour department and they 100% had less buldge and roll. In fact I requested a head with as little as possible.
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,604 ✭✭

phen0men0n wrote:
    Maybe the tour pros are still playing M2's and M1's just with M3/4 colors? Do they still do that?

I do that.

Graphic are all part of the USGA approval which is why they’re listed. So, no this can’t be done without going through the USGA for approval.
    Taylormade M6 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 115 Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X 
    Taylormade TP5
  • Double GeeDouble Gee Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

He’s on the Titleist payroll now. Im not surprised to see him bash other OEMs. It’s probably in his contract.

Spoken by someone who clearly hasn't seen one video since 'Titleistgate'

• anthanth From the Land Down Under Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭
    Did Crossfield have anything to say about this?
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • asw7576asw7576 Members Posts: 1,089
    5 pages .... wow image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Drivers : Taylormade RBZ S2, JetSpeed, SLDR S[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Fairways : Taylormade SLDR S, Callaway X2 Hot[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Hybrids : Taylormade RBZ S2, SLDRS S[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Irons : Mizuno JPX 800 HD, Yamaha Inpres X Z Cavity 2013 & Z 2016, Maruman Titus & X1 [/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Wedges : Mizuno T4[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Putters : Oddyssey Tank 2 balls, Works 2 fangs[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Shoes : Footjoy DNA[/font]
  • ByeBye Posts: 1,307 ✭✭
    asw7576 wrote:

Agreed. Looks like a desperate move to keep people talking about him. Might have worked. Personally I would be cringing if I worked for Titleist.
    Taylormade 2017 M1 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X - 44.5 inches
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 21 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey 46.08, 50.08 - X100
    Vokey 56S, 60M - S300
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback
    Titleist Pro V1
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,165 ✭✭
    Bye wrote:

asw7576 wrote:

Agreed. Looks like a desperate move to keep people talking about him. Might have worked. Personally I would be cringing if I worked for Titleist.

Why?
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • ByeBye Posts: 1,307 ✭✭
    lawsonman wrote:

Bye wrote:

asw7576 wrote:

Why?

I don't know the details of his deal with Titleist but as a staff player he is representing their company. Promoting their products, not casting doubt or rubbishing their competitors. It may be a cultural thing or it may just be me, but imo it's not very professional.
    Taylormade 2017 M1 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X - 44.5 inches
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 21 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey 46.08, 50.08 - X100
    Vokey 56S, 60M - S300
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback
    Titleist Pro V1
  • HedgehogHedgehog Posts: 312 ✭✭

I've had multiple tour m1 and m2 heads before from tour department and they 100% had less buldge and roll. In fact I requested a head with as little as possible.

But are those models same as the USGA approved heads?

So according to this post, there could also be M3/M4 drivers with less buldge and roll...?
    TM M4 D-Type 9,5° HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    TM M6 15° AD DI 6x
    TM Rescue AD DI H 85x
    Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S
    RTX2.0 50°/54° RTX4 60°
    Scotty Cameron '18 Select Fastback
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • Ed SettleEd Settle #InsideTMAG ClubWRX Posts: 6,045 ClubWRX
    gioguy21 wrote:

wfrogge1 wrote:

He clearly says this is a rumor.
    "...but i said all due respect"...