Aldila DVS

The Aldila DVS takes power to a new level. The DVS features an innovative, new responsive tip design for extra kick at impact with an optimum launch. Stabilized with a unique flex profile and very low torque – distance is maximized. Aldila’s revolutionary Micro Laminate Technology, enhanced with carbon nanotubes, provides for perfect feel. High performance technology harnessed and perfected into a special blend of weight, torque, flex and feel. Simply put, it’s sneaky long.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent shaft. Have the 60s in a 9 deg G10. Hdcp index 5, 95 mph ss, aggressive loader (9/12 on the scale), + angle of attack. Left/hook is my miss. Very smooth shaft - butt stiff and stout with an explosive kick at impact. Dispersion is tight. Decided to go lower loft with a higher launch shaft to create a flatter flight and better run out. Longest combo I've hit.

Absolutely brilliant shaft :russian_roulette:

Have it in my hybrid and driver (85g & 65g, both stiff) and looking forward to getting it in my new TEE 16,5* fairway wood.

To me, it solved the problem of getting my ball launched higher up without having to play a limb-spaghetti-high-launch-shaft - and with great dispertion too.

• 4 weeks later...

I found the dvs to be a little bit spinny in my xtd pro.....im guessing half of that problem was caused primarily because of the weight....i move it about 125 mph with the driver and ordered it in a 60 x...that said and not to get off topic but i ended up pulling it and after tinkering around at a buddies golf shop here in az i found a bunch of what appears to be an older shaft by aldila called the ONE? can anyone shed light on this goofy looking shaft? its a 65x in the low launch version and we tipped it an additional 1 and a half inches....it launches mid with virtually no spin! am i just blowing fake smoke up my own### or was this a good shaft? its the first one ive ever seen...i ordered an f7m2 from matrix so this is a bandaid unless someone can tell me that its good haha

• 2 weeks later...

i got the dvs 60-r at 46 inches shaft fitted to my cleveland hi-bore xls 10.5 loft driver head and its working great, my ss is about 89-98 mph and i have found the dvs to be much easier to launch than the vs proto. according to the aldila website the dvs is a mid launch shaft and the vs proto is a low to mid launch shaft which can be a hit or a miss for me...so my conclusion is i'm gonna stick to the dvs shaft just now...until i hear more about the voodoo shaft! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have DVS on my 3 wood, and love it very much. So I put one on my driver, which had VS Proto (and I also loved it, except it is lower launch).

On my Superquad head, the DVS seemed to balloon on me a lot, and sometimes will spray the drive... The VS Proto is much more consistent and has tighter dispersion.

it looks the kick on the tip on DVS is better for high launchig of fairway woods. I may go back to VS Proto for my driver...

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a Geek DCT 9* made wiht the 60S Aldila DVS and it is butter. I swing at 105-110 and my tendency is to swing too fast. The DVS allows me to swing smooth and the ball still explodes. Great action at impact. I am also a fan of the NVS but this is definately an upgrade. So far this is the straighest driver I've hit. Good choice for a low spin low lofted head.

:clapping:

Cally Epic Speed w/ Accra
Titleist TSR3 16.5 w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Ping G425 3 Hybrid w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Ping iCrossover 4 Iron w/Ping Tour Chrome X

Srixon ZX7 5-PW w/ PXLZ 6.0
Cally Jaws Raw w/ TIS400
Ping Fetch/Ping Lil'B

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Adams A3 Driver and 3W. Both came with the DVS shaft. The driver had the stock 55G DVS in it and I really did not like it. No feel, really bad dispersion. I reshafted with a V2 76g that I play to 44.5 and all of sudden I was all over the fairway.

Now the 65g DVS that came with the 3W is great. Its a perfect shaft for me in the 3W. Has great length off the tee and hits a nice, low to medium height runner from both the tee and fairway.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently hitting a Nike Sumo 5900 8.5 44" with a VS 60-s shaft. I have a SP around 110mph, 5hdp and I can't hit a fairway (lol), bad shots go LEFT. This shaft feels like a noodle to me and their is NO WAY I am going to SLOW DOWN and let the shaft do the work. I am looking for a shaft that has a stiffer tip with a lower launch angle.

The kicker here is that I hit a Bang-O-Matic 9degree with UST Pro Force 65 S shaft @ 45" and beet the %#(# out of it, am I loosing it or what?

I am looking for feedback from anyone who may have tried this shaft and or can recommend something with a stiffer tip.

SNAPPER

• 2 months later...
I demo'd it (65s) in a TEE XCG (9degrees) and was actually not a huge fan. It is definitely a great shaft, but not right for me. I was balooning the ball way too much, despite the fact that my current driver (905R w/NV) launches the ball way too low. The search continues....

NVS should do the trick. It's a mid launch

• 3 weeks later...

I found this shaft to be pretty good on easy swings, untill they broke... 3 of them. I had the stock 55x in the Adams A3, one was in a 9.5 and the other two were in 8.5s. The 9.5 shaft broke in the head and the other two torqued and splintered right above the head. The head never hit the ground on any of these. When I swung smooth, it was pretty straight and long, but relatively high. When I leaned into it, it always went left- and very high.

Edit: I just learned that the weights ending in "5" are "made for" shafts. The ones ending in "0" are not. I just picked up a new 60-x from dallasgolf for $35 to my door. For that price, I'll give a real deal a try. I'm going to put it in an 8.5* j33r 420 and see how she does.

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this in a Mizuno mp 600 head? I got this driver with the Fujikura E 360 S flex as part of a deal for a set of irons on ebay. Love the sound, feel, etc. but was wondering what replacing the Fujikura shaft with the DVS would do to the performance in terms of launch angle and spin rates. My swing speed is 110. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have just tried the Adams A3 9.5 with DVS 55g Reg and really liked it (SS around 100mph, slow back, slow transition and hit through). I would like to see the ballspeed (aiming for around 145-150) and spin on a Vector to make sure it is spot on, and may try a 10.5 for a little more launch?

I also have a MP600 with stock Fuji 360 S shaft and it is too much shaft for me. The shaft is £100 in the UK and the Adams can be purchased for £140. The only advantage being that the flight with the MP600 can be tweaked, but its always the risk whether the shaft will work with the head as well?

It felt better than my old Cobra F speed 10.5 (cobra has a harder face), ball flight was similar and think it may have been longer but not sure???

Cobra F Speed 10.5 ProLaunch Blue tipped 1/2"
Benross V5 18* Accra Dymatch RT
Ping i20 4-Pw CFS S
Titleist Vokey 52* DG S200
MD Beryllium 56* PX flighted 6.0
Seemore FGP Brass (black finish)

• 2 weeks later...

3foot,

I currently have the mp with the E360 in a stiff flex. It launches pretty low for me. The kickpoint on that shaft is high, so it's not a huge surprise, but a surprise nonetheless. I've had sucess with the 76g s flex proforce v2. (which has really low torque and a mid-high kick point so should play somewhat similar to the e360)

I'm not saying you won't love your driver. I just doesn't seem to work for my swing. I don't know if it's purely a swingspeed issue. I just need something that will launch the ball a bit highter. That's why I was wondering if anyone had this clubhead with a DVS. - That's sort of the rub with Mizuno, they don't have a lot of demo days near where I live and there are not a bunch of retailers that fit mizuno dirvers with several different shafts.

So, any more feedback on the DVS (or perhaps even Bassara, or Epic) in the MP 600?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 10.5* MP-600 with a graphite design pershing in it. I've always been a low ball hitter & found that this shaft works pretty well. It's still a little low but not near as bad as the fit-on 360. I also have a Mizuno MX-700 with the DVS in 10.5* & it goes super high. Don't know if this helped but there you you go. I have a swing speed of 106 & these are both stiff flex shafts.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a DVS 65G stiff shafted up with a TM V steel, cant wait to try it out once spring finally arrives..

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

I am currently playing 9.5 MP600 with a 60-X DVS. Swingspeed c.107 but the shaft is not the stiffest out these by any means, because of the tip. Hits medium - high but spin is low and plenty of roll. Would definitely recommend if you like the MP head - my own view is that the head isn't as forgiving as other "players" drivers but when hit on the money this combo is at least for me sneaky long. That said, I am being teased by a 909 D2 with the same shaft although possibly a lower loft - the MP head is definitely low launching compared to others. Hope this helps....

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym Max 10.5, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Callaway AI Smoke Paradym Max 3HL 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red 7X

Callaway UW 19, Fujikura Ventus Red 8X

Titleist 505 22, Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 9S

ProtoConcept C-03,  5 - PW, Aerotech Steelfiber 110S

Artisan 50/54/58, Aerotech Steelfiber 110S
Piretti Matera Elite
Callaway Chrome Tour X
Lamkin Crossline Cord

I have a DVS 60 S in both my 907D2 and my 909D3. This shaft is MONEY! If you are more of a hitter, than a swinger (not that type), you will love this shaft. It is stiffer in the butt than most Aldila (god this sounds bad), and the ball flight is awesome. I am carrying the ball 15-25 yards longer, and I was not a short knocker before. Easily hitting 285-310 on most drives. I am actually thinking about getting a Exotics 4 wood to use off the tee on shorter holes because driver/lob wedge suck on cold rainy days, that is how long I am hitting it now.

My swing speed is 102-106, and I use flighted 5.5 in irons and NV 85-S in hybrid if that helps anyone

Spend the money, and give it a try.

FYI....Don't go with the stock OEM 65g shafts, that is not the REAL DVS. The REAL DVS says DVS-60 on the shaft.

Hey guys,

I am selling an Aldila DVS 55 gram stiff flex. It is not the right shaft for me since I have a quick tempo. If anyone is interested, please send me a message. It retails for 179.95 but the price is negotiable. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks

Evan

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/6669W/Al...S_60_Wood_Shaft

• 3 weeks later...
I have a DVS 60 S in both my 907D2 and my 909D3. This shaft is MONEY! If you are more of a hitter, than a swinger (not that type), you will love this shaft. It is stiffer in the butt than most Aldila (god this sounds bad), and the ball flight is awesome. I am carrying the ball 15-25 yards longer, and I was not a short knocker before. Easily hitting 285-310 on most drives. I am actually thinking about getting a Exotics 4 wood to use off the tee on shorter holes because driver/lob wedge suck on cold rainy days, that is how long I am hitting it now.

My swing speed is 102-106, and I use flighted 5.5 in irons and NV 85-S in hybrid if that helps anyone

Spend the money, and give it a try.

FYI....Don't go with the stock OEM 65g shafts, that is not the REAL DVS. The REAL DVS says DVS-60 on the shaft.

Oh God, Here we go again. Sorry to bust your bubble but the OEM DVS is the same as all aftermarket DVS shafts as far as construction goes. The only difference is in the weight spec for the most part. I play a DVS 65 in my Tour Burner and I have hit the DVS 60 and they both perform the same. One of the higher ups from Aldila was on here not long ago to adress the "Made for" Titleist Voodoo claims of not being a real Voodoo and quickly put an end to that rumor. I think the same can be said for the DVS 65.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Sri on Z U85 26*
Adam’s A-Tour Red 5-P
Edel 54* DVR, 58* DVR

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

My friend gave me this shaft, since he didn't like it. I had it reshafted into a 15* TM V steel and it is a really smooth feeling shaft!

I have it in 65 stiff.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)