ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Ebrasmus21: No More Beer

Comments

• deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 14,336 ClubWRX
    PepsiDuck wrote:

ddetts wrote:

I see you've renamed me to ddelts, makes me feel like I need to hit the gym and get my deltoids built up to back up a name like that. Note, I can't back up that up with big shoulders right now!

At least you’re on the list...

We’re a Pepsi free group! Can you change your name to CokeDuck!?��
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Advanced Members Posts: 5,023 ✭✭

PepsiDuck wrote:

ddetts wrote:

I see you've renamed me to ddelts, makes me feel like I need to hit the gym and get my deltoids built up to back up a name like that. Note, I can't back up that up with big shoulders right now!

At least you’re on the list...

We’re a Pepsi free group! Can you change your name to CokeDuck!?��

Or Diet would even work.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 4,123 ClubWRX
    how about gin and soda? need to bring some good gin and scotch for after round banter. and that medical MJ, lol.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: Piretti CWII
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • QuesoQueso Advanced Members Posts: 190
    If you guys end up making this happen (or even if you come out for a different trip) and anyone wants a caddie, keep me in mind! Deadsolid has already claimed me if he comes, otherwise I’m happy to give someone else bad reads and wrong directions.
    Queso wrote:

If you guys end up making this happen (or even if you come out for a different trip) and anyone wants a caddie, keep me in mind! Deadsolid has already claimed me if he comes, otherwise I’m happy to give someone else bad reads and wrong directions.

Do you go by Queso at the resort? (That’s awesome if you do)
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Advanced Members Posts: 5,439 ✭✭
    Queso wrote:

Hey if you’re the local expert, what advice would you give this group about playing - which courses, in what order, or whatever a local expert thinks would be helpful ... thx.

I’m thinking I’m gonna stay long enough to play all of them... of course big talk is easy but after 2-3 days of a lot of golf I may be begging for anything but golf.
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    TM P790 4-AW
    Fourteen mt28v3 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

If you see any more new irons in my bag before 2020, call the paramedics because my wife will have seriously injured me
  • RohlioRohlio Advanced Members Posts: 2,290 ✭✭

Queso wrote:

Hey if you’re the local expert, what advice would you give this group about playing - which courses, in what order, or whatever a local expert thinks would be helpful ... thx.

I’m thinking I’m gonna stay long enough to play all of them... of course big talk is easy but after 2-3 days of a lot of golf I may be begging for anything but golf.

I have about 50 rounds total at Bandon... There is no bad order!
    WITB:
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
    FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
    Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
    Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
    Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle
  • Matt JMatt J Advanced Members Posts: 8,566 ✭✭
    Krt22 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Okay we have:

Rohlio

Wmblake

Ebrasmus

DSS (tentative yes)

Obee (tentative yes)

ddelts (tentative yes)

Schnee

Ferrispgm

glk

SwollenJockStrap

Nelly32

dwebb33

GatorMD

Gioguy21

The list is growing. It was kind of a shot in the dark when I threw this out there and as it turns out a lot of people are interested.

I’m ready to threaten physical harm against Monte’s hair. He’s being such a diva pretending he doesn’t want to go.

Quite the fraternus group of eye rapers you have there

I'm assuming quite a few of you are better in person.

Count me in. 6.8 index.
    Rohlio wrote:

Queso wrote:

Nice! Are you local (in Oregon)? Do you have a favorite?

(Yeah I thought that was a lame question but surely a caddie there has something to suggest to this group)
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    TM P790 4-AW
    Fourteen mt28v3 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

If you see any more new irons in my bag before 2020, call the paramedics because my wife will have seriously injured me
  • Matt JMatt J Advanced Members Posts: 8,566 ✭✭
    Yes, local. Live 2 hours away. Old Mac, Bandon Trails, BD, PD, would be my order, but they are all great. Depends more on the weather than the courses.
    My wife and i considered moving to Eugene but the winters/rain killed that idea. What time of the year is the weather more predictable? (Ha - winter maybe. Cold and wet)
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    TM P790 4-AW
    Fourteen mt28v3 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

Queso wrote:

I wouldn’t call myself an expert quite yet as I juuuust got out here for my first season, but I think if you’re making the trip you definitely ought to play all 4 (and the preserve).

As for the order and which is best, that’s gonna be down to personal preference....I honestly haven’t been out enough to have a favorite yet, but I will say DONT SLEEP ON TRAILS! It’s a great course but is overshadowed by the other 3 because it doesn’t have ocean views but it’s every bit as good.

I’d definitely suggest trying to get an afternoon/sunset round in at Bandon and/or pacific. Bandon would be my choice if it was one or the other because more of the later holes run along the ocean than at pacific.

I’ll definitely be more help as the year progresses, so feel free to hit me up with any questions!
    Queso wrote:

Queso wrote:

I wouldn’t call myself an expert quite yet as I juuuust got out here for my first season, but I think if you’re making the trip you definitely ought to play all 4 (and the preserve).

As for the order and which is best, that’s gonna be down to personal preference....I honestly haven’t been out enough to have a favorite yet, but I will say DONT SLEEP ON TRAILS! It’s a great course but is overshadowed by the other 3 because it doesn’t have ocean views but it’s every bit as good.

I’d definitely suggest trying to get an afternoon/sunset round in at Bandon and/or pacific. Bandon would be my choice if it was one or the other because more of the later holes run along the ocean than at pacific.

I’ll definitely be more help as the year progresses, so feel free to hit me up with any questions!

Will Sheep Ranch be open for play in 2021??
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    edited March 9
    ebrasmus21 wrote:
    Queso wrote:

Do you go by Queso at the resort? (That’s awesome if you do)

Ha no sir, that’s an old nickname. My real name is Conrad/Con (hence con queso) - not sure what these guys are gonna dub me yet, but it seems like just about everyone has a nickname, so I just may! Lol
    Queso wrote:
    Queso wrote:

Beautiful... many thanks!
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    TM P790 4-AW
    Fourteen mt28v3 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

Queso wrote:

Queso wrote:

Agreed. Trails is the real deal.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    No problem, happy to provide what little knowledge I do have image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Another thing I can add - wind is obviously gonna be more of s factor at the 3 ocean side courses, but old Mac and pacific will primarily be into/down wind while you’ll have a bunch more crosswind holes/shots at Bandon.
    ebrasmus21 wrote:
    Queso wrote:

Queso wrote:

I’ve heard ***rumors*** they’re hoping for next year for the US Am...you can see em doing work from old Mac, but who knows how much they’ve got to do?
    Queso wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:
    Queso wrote:

Queso wrote:

I’ve heard ***rumors*** they’re hoping for next year for the US Am...you can see em doing work from old Mac, but who knows how much they’ve got to do?

Yeah okay. Not sure what i read (it might have been here in WRX) but I thought the plan was to have Sheep Ranch completed at some point in 2020.

This trip currently being discussed in this thread is for 2021 so my hope is we’ll have 5 courses to play.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    Why so far out? Why not 2020?
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    TM P790 4-AW
    Fourteen mt28v3 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

A number of the interested parties have prior obligations such that 2021 is the year that actually will work.

That being said, I’m not stopping anything from happening in 2020. It’s just that for my purposes in this thread and what has been communicated thus far all plans have been with respect to 2021.

All the better if there are two trips: one in 2020 and one in 2021.

I think the carrot on top for 2021 and again, to the best of my knowledge, Sheep Ranch will be ready for play in 2021 which is a meaningful bonus if you ask me. All four of the current courses are inside the top 20 for publicly ranked courses. I’d imagine that with the opening of Sheep Ranch we will have Bandon claiming 5 of the top 20 public courses in America.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    edited March 10
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

A number of the interested parties have prior obligations such that 2021 is the year that actually will work.

That being said, I’m not stopping anything from happening in 2020. It’s just that for my purposes in this thread and what has been communicated thus far all plans have been with respect to 2021.

All the better if there are two trips: one in 2020 and one in 2021.

I think the carrot on top for 2021 and again, to the best of my knowledge, Sheep Ranch will be ready for play in 2021 which is a meaningful bonus if you ask me. All four of the current courses are inside the top 20 for publicly ranked courses. I’d imagine that with the opening of Sheep Ranch we will have Bandon claiming 5 of the top 20 public courses in America.

I’d say there’s a really high probability that it’s open by 2021. Even if there are delays with getting it open for the Am, I don’t see any way it’s not done in 2 years.

And given the the property it’s on and the name association alone, I can’t see any way it falls outside any of the current 4 courses’ rankings....there’s some primo oceanfront real estate over there.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I’m definitely game for 2020 if others are. Seems 2+ yrs out is a lot of lead time.
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    TM P790 4-AW
    Fourteen mt28v3 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

Rohlio wrote:

Queso wrote:

Nice! Are you local (in Oregon)? Do you have a favorite?

(Yeah I thought that was a lame question but surely a caddie there has something to suggest to this group)

Lived on the Oregon Coast from 2004-2012. Arizona now.
    WITB:
    2021 is aim for me. Already too many plans in 2020 to add now
    WITB:
  • PepsiDuckPepsiDuck Advanced Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭
    Oh. I was thinking 2019... image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) 10.5* - Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) Tour 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 X
    Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
    Miura CB57 4-P - KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Miura Series 1957 Wedges - 51* (Y), 56* (K) - KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    PepsiDuck wrote:

Oh. I was thinking 2019... image/dntknw.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

Good luck finding tee times for a large group this year...
    WITB:
  • PepsiDuckPepsiDuck Advanced Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭
    Rohlio wrote:

PepsiDuck wrote:

Good luck finding tee times for a large group this year...

Ever heard of...Tonya Harding....?
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) 10.5* - Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) Tour 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 X
    Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
    Miura CB57 4-P - KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Miura Series 1957 Wedges - 51* (Y), 56* (K) - KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 14,336 ClubWRX
    I walked 27 today. Not sure If there was another nine in me or not��. I seemed to have aged 10 years in the last two.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • MonteScheinblumMonteScheinblum Rebellion Golf Sponsors Posts: 18,146 ✭✭
    ddetts wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

ddetts wrote:

s***. My apologies, sir.

Zero apologies necessary, I've been called worse!

Probably by me

I walked 27 today. Not sure If there was another nine in me or not��. I seemed to have aged 10 years in the last two.

I don’t want to hear any negativity coming from you.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

So you really don’t want to hear the rundown of my game then!��
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Well, I had a little practice session tonight that didn’t go so great...

Walking 27 (or 36) at Bandon takes some training. Have to get into epic-golf-trip shape. I have faith in you even though you don’t have faith in you.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Walking 27 (or 36) at Bandon takes some training. Have to get into epic-golf-trip shape. I have faith in you even though you don’t have faith in you.

Thanks man. For the first time in my life I’m going to have to do some extra work in order to be physical able to do something like this. It’s kind of a slap in the face.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62

ebrasmus21 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Thanks man. For the first time in my life I’m going to have to do some extra work in order to be physical able to do something like this. It’s kind of a slap in the face.

You won’t regret it. you’ll be beat up and tired and sore but when you think back on that one time you played Old Mac and Pacific in the same day it’ll be so worth it.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • ddettsddetts Ty Webb Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,380 ClubWRX

ddetts wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

ddetts wrote:

s***. My apologies, sir.

Zero apologies necessary, I've been called worse!

Probably by me

Well, considering how many times I probably said "this feels weird" and wearing a white belt, it may have been deserved?

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
    Fellow golf buddy came up with an idea that, in my humble opinion, is equal parts funny and motivating.

I, Ebrasmus, will not drink another beer till I break par. This could happen in one-week or it could happen in one-hundred weeks. Who knows when...

Beer is good.

I like beer and beer likes me.

Hopefully there will be reason to celebrate soon.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  •  Dave D Dave D Advanced Members Posts: 3,993 ✭✭
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

Fellow golf buddy came up with an idea that, in my humble opinion, is equal parts funny and motivating.

I, Ebrasmus, will not drink another beer till I break par. This could happen in one-week or it could happen in one-hundred weeks. Who knows when...

Beer is good.

glad there is method to the madness of the title.
    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL 17* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
    2 iron: Taylormade P790 UDI w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g

4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50F, 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Custom Raybon Squareback 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 16,734 ClubWRX
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

Birdie the first hole and head for the clubhouse!
  • glkglk send it in jerome Advanced Members Posts: 3,231 ✭✭
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

Have pi today. And on 6/28 have tau pi.

The beer thingee would never happen in my life

But good luck. Ha ha ha

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

Have pi today. And on 6/28 have tau pi.

The beer thingee would never happen in my life

But good luck. Ha ha ha
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaAdvanced Members Posts: 8,891 ✭✭
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

Stuff that. He's not your buddy, he's stone-cold hard trolling you IRL; unless he's trying to motivate you to quit golf.

Not that I doubt the eventuality of your quest, but as you point out, how long? Will it be largely quick and entertaining like Dorothy's or will it go the more inexorable way of say Oggami Itto?

See that's why we tune in image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    duffer987 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

Stuff that. He's not your buddy, he's stone-cold hard trolling you IRL; unless he's trying to motivate you to quit golf.

Not that I doubt the eventuality of your quest, but as you point out, how long? Will it be largely quick and entertaining like Dorothy's or will it go the more inexorable way of say Oggami Itto?

If nothing else I'll reach financial independence quicker by saving beer money.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • glkglk send it in jerome Advanced Members Posts: 3,231 ✭✭
    I have never broke par without some aiming fluid in the tank...
    WITB:
  • Timbo929Timbo929 Advanced Members Posts: 338 ✭✭
    duffer987 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

Oggami Itto, that's pretty deep analogize used in this situation.. Choose the ball or the sword?
  • ddettsddetts Ty Webb Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,380 ClubWRX
    Timbo929 said:
    duffer987 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

Oggami Itto, that's pretty deep analogize used in this situation.. Choose the ball or the sword?
    I'm mostly responding, to see how everything works after the site migration but I have to say so far I would love to revert back to the old forums... 

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

• ferrispgmferrispgm Advanced Members Posts: 1,856 ✭✭
    ddetts said:
    Timbo929 said:
    duffer987 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

I'm mostly responding, to see how everything works after the site migration but I have to say so far I would love to revert back to the old forums... 
    I couldn't agree more
    Driver: Callaway Epic 9* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD M9003
    FWY: Taylormade Rocketballz Tp 14.5*
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18*
    Irons: Srixon Z765 3-5 iron, z965 6-PW, Project X
    54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
    58*: Cleveland CG14 1 dot
    Putter: Taylormade Daytona Rossa with agsi.
    ferrispgm said:
    ddetts said:
    Timbo929 said:
    duffer987 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Beer is good.

I couldn't agree more
    This is going to take some getting used to.  My eyes don't know what to look at.  

For the record I'm still beerless.  Shot a 75 on Sunday that included a double bogey and three missed birdie putts inside 10'.  The beer was close yet so far away. 
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    @ebrasmus21 - if it makes you feel any better, I have had a few beers to make up for your lack of beers, since I still can't play outdoors.

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

ddetts said:
    @ebrasmus21 - if it makes you feel any better, I have had a few beers to make up for your lack of beers, since I still can't play outdoors.
    An IPA sounds so good right now.  
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black