Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Ebrasmus21: Time to Practice

1252627282931»

Comments

• rich srich s Members Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to be one of the things I work on in winter, just can’t make major changes during the season as I know to well how long it takes me to make changes. As for your question, yes it feels more powerful :)

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The power kind of surprised me from the shoulder rotation and pressure shift. I haven’t had that speed since I saw Monte earlier this year and he had me swinging pretty fast with a 7i.

G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black

@ddetts said:

@ebrasmus21 said:
    Alright so I’d like to hear some opinions on a feel vs real scenario. The last couple of weeks I’ve been trying to feel like my shoulders are rotating on a steeper plane in the backswing. Feeling like I get more left side bend. A combination of that and getting pressure left sooner feels like a much more powerful swing to me. Does this make sense? Anyone else ever felt like you got your shoulders rotating too flat?

Game update: short game continues to be the best part of my game by far. I’m having to depend on it way too much.

Today I hit wedges so much better than the last couple of weeks. Improvement seemed to come from a combination of taking extra club and trying to feel like I’m using my body, not my arms, to hit the shot. I guess today my pivot and arm swing were synchronized better - probably because I tried to be very slow and deliberate in transition.

Anyways, hope these updates help fellow golfers trying to dig it out of the dirt like I am.

Flat shoulder plane has plagued me, I can't get my shoulder turn steep enough.

To me the most challenging part is getting the right amount of hip extension married with the correct amount of left side bend.

G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,762 ClubWRX

@ebrasmus21 said:

@ddetts said:

@ebrasmus21 said:
    Alright so I’d like to hear some opinions on a feel vs real scenario. The last couple of weeks I’ve been trying to feel like my shoulders are rotating on a steeper plane in the backswing. Feeling like I get more left side bend. A combination of that and getting pressure left sooner feels like a much more powerful swing to me. Does this make sense? Anyone else ever felt like you got your shoulders rotating too flat?

Game update: short game continues to be the best part of my game by far. I’m having to depend on it way too much.

Today I hit wedges so much better than the last couple of weeks. Improvement seemed to come from a combination of taking extra club and trying to feel like I’m using my body, not my arms, to hit the shot. I guess today my pivot and arm swing were synchronized better - probably because I tried to be very slow and deliberate in transition.

Anyways, hope these updates help fellow golfers trying to dig it out of the dirt like I am.

Flat shoulder plane has plagued me, I can't get my shoulder turn steep enough.

To me the most challenging part is getting the right amount of hip extension married with the correct amount of left side bend.

Absolutely, even if I do a bunch of reps just holding the club across my shoulders and trying to get the shaft to point at or inside the ball I still struggle with this. I'm not sure how big of a contributor it is, but my trail hip (which in my case is bionic from my hip replacement) lacks a bit of internal rotation and my lead/left hip lacks a bit of external rotation on the backswing, so the flat shoulder plan is probably a cheat to try to get a fuller turn. Which in reality, I do not need. #GolfIsHard

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1

Alright so here’s the deal: my game sucks, my handicap is firmly and consistently trending in the wrong direction and I’ve shot in the 80s most of the last two month. I haven’t practiced at all in 6 months - I’ve only had the desire/time to play.

Summer is almost over in central CA so I’d like to get back to practicing. That being said I’ll only have time to practice for about an hour during the week and then during the weekends I should be able to manage at least a couple of hours outside of playing.

I’ve had a lot going on personally and the summer heat has taken away all motivation to practice. Now I kind of have the bug to get back into it.

This summer I know I’ve been steep (especially with shorter clubs). I’m sick of throwing the clubhead into the turf and hitting 2” behind the ball.

Practice will pick up where I left off - shallowing the club. Here are a few swings from today.

G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black

Good to see you back at it. I think the action looks pretty good overall and I like shallowing drill.

I'm fighting fat shots a bit right now too, but more so as a results of working on my pivot to eliminate sway and rotate more around my left leg. That combined with working on a proper wrist hinge/more vertical takeaway has my low point control a bit off.

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

I just compared our two vids and the one thing that really stands out is that I'm fat. Congrats on getting back to it, you will be back to the low 70's in no time

I’m on the gain 15lbs diet right now.

I think my next course of action is doing an online lesson. Try to get that done this weekend maybe

G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black

@ebrasmus21 said:

I think my next course of action is doing an online lesson. Try to get that done this weekend maybe

Passed that course with flying colors. I just finished the gain 40 and am in maintenance mode...

Save the money and drive to Wisconsin. Pick up DDetts on the way. Let's play some golf

@rich s said:

@ebrasmus21 said:

Passed that course with flying colors. I just finished the gain 40 and am in maintenance mode...

Save the money and drive to Wisconsin. Pick up DDetts on the way. Let's play some golf

I'm game but I have to be back Sunday morning, my little girl is having her 7th birthday party that afternoon!

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

My treat, we have some world class courses here. I am just tired of my playing partners saying "what's golf wrx?"

I’ll be inviting JonesScott as well.

G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black

@ebrasmus21 said:

Can we fly in RBImGuy too?

> See my current WITB
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

@ddetts said:

@ebrasmus21 said:

Can we fly in RBImGuy too?

Guy is a legend, he can join.

G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black

They normally don’t allow 5somes but I garuntee you they will allow this one. Sounds like the greatest day of my life

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file