National Custom Works Official Thread

Comments

• PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy Members Posts: 8,657 ✭✭
    ragweed10 wrote:

Anybody with orders placed know how far behind they are on getting orders out? I was hopeful I would have mine by now.

I was told a few weeks from the grinding wheel, a few weeks ago. My order was placed end of August/beginning of September. I fully expect that I will be waiting months beyond the expected delivery (not that there was ever a definitive date). Given my previous bespoke experiences I was fully prepared to wait. I hope for periodic communication, as I hate to pester, and will ogle the Instagram posts as they come.

Look forward to seeing the projects that others have commissioned.

Would be interested to hear the real timeframes that others have experienced from order to delivery.
    Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • mbrown1833mbrown1833 Members Posts: 478 ✭✭
    2 months for wedges

2 months for irons

My orders were pretty early on, though. Not sure of the current wait times.
    Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
    Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
    Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
    BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
    BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
    Lamb Crafted - Allendale
    MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker
    mbrown1833 wrote:

2 months for wedges

2 months for irons

Thanks for chiming in MB, those were the time frames I was given up front. It's my understanding Don has had some challenges this year. I hope all the best to he and his family. I have no doubt that all will turn out as planned and the irons will be spectacular.

The snow will fly soon enough in the Great White North and a True Temper snow shovel will be my weapon of mass destruction. Already dreaming of sunny days with a set of raw NCW's in-hand.
    Cobra King F7 9*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

mbrown1833 wrote:

2 months for wedges

2 months for irons

The snow will fly soon enough in the Great White North and a True Temper snow shovel will be my weapon of mass destruction. Already dreaming of sunny days with a set of raw NCW's in-hand.

Got some golf in yesterday and plan to on Tuesday, too. My second favorite true temper product will be in 'play' soon, too.
    BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
    Lamb Crafted - Allendale
  • WardonationWardonation Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭

b.helts wrote:

I'd build them out a site for a set of clubs. In a heartbeat.

And I'm no college kid. I do it for a living.

We'd do it for a lot less than that. I've done hundreds of logos, websites, etc. Taught web design at a major university, and have over 20 years experience. It's only about $1K all in to get an entire branding package including a site and intro video with us, and our work is as good as it gets. Cheers. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    PM me ia m in need of a website..
  • Seth PistolSeth Pistol Members Posts: 358 ✭✭
    edited Dec 27, 2018 #337
    wanted to post my set that I just received!

• SixSixGolfSixSixGolf Members Posts: 386 ✭✭
    ragweed10 wrote:

SixSixGolf wrote:

Did anyone else on here place an order sometime this summer? June/July?

I placed an order in August, hope they will be ready any day now. But not sure on how far behind they are. From the looks of the pictures in this topic it will be well worth the wait!!

It ended up being about 4 months from my specs being sent in to delivery of the heads. Will be longer if you're doing chrome or having someone else build the clubs.
    The Seth Pistol bringing the heat. Years ago (when I was a double digit handicap) I posted that I didn't have the game for blades and couldn't justify the cost of a set of Scratch irons. Thankfully I've come to my senses. There will be a time when I am no longer able to play and Don White will no longer be grinding irons. I'll rock these irons (good, bad, or otherwise) and enjoy the experience they bring.

The Seth Pistol bringing the heat. Years ago (when I was a double digit handicap) I posted that I didn't have the game for blades and couldn't justify the cost of a set of Scratch irons. Thankfully I've come to my senses. There will be a time when I am no longer able to play and Don White will no longer be grinding irons. I'll rock these irons (good, bad, or otherwise) and enjoy the experience they bring.

i'm just a glutton for punishment - i should play easier clubs but i love the look of blades. i probably leave 3-5 shots on the course by hitting blades but i love the look. and i'd agree, someday don will no longer make clubs so might as well pick up a work of art while i can. its like eating pizza at Di Fara's in Brooklyn. take advantage while you can.

i'm also a true ho so i know i will get a set of ping blueprints next year. or 919s. or miuras.
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 3,923 ✭✭
    LOL at the DiFara reference. It’s so true.
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • golf_junkygolf_junky Members Posts: 120
    Oh wow how haven’t I stumbled on this thread before tonight.

Patrick glad to see you guys are still producing beautiful clubs.
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,023 ✭✭
    I've been ogling the clubs on their IG for a while. Gorgeous stuff.
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,405 ✭✭

i'm just a glutton for punishment - i should play easier clubs but i love the look of blades. i probably leave 3-5 shots on the course by hitting blades but i love the look. and i'd agree, someday don will no longer make clubs so might as well pick up a work of art while i can. its like eating pizza at Di Fara's in Brooklyn. take advantage while you can.

i'm also a true ho so i know i will get a set of ping blueprints next year. or 919s. or miuras.

Tell me more about this DiFara's Pizza you speak of!
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X

Arguably best pizza in NYC. Small pizza spot in Brooklyn where one old man makes every single pizza. No exceptions. He moves at his pace and you basically have to wait forever and a half for a pizza. But it’s some of the best pizza you’ll have. Not sure what will happen if he retires or passes away (he’s pretty old) so get it while you can.
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,405 ✭✭

Arguably best pizza in NYC. Small pizza spot in Brooklyn where one old man makes every single pizza. No exceptions. He moves at his pace and you basically have to wait forever and a half for a pizza. But it’s some of the best pizza you’ll have. Not sure what will happen if he retires or passes away (he’s pretty old) so get it while you can.

Interesting.

I may have to make a detour next time heading home to NJ.

Any hours better than others to get a slice?
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X

Arguably best pizza in NYC. Small pizza spot in Brooklyn where one old man makes every single pizza. No exceptions. He moves at his pace and you basically have to wait forever and a half for a pizza. But it's some of the best pizza you'll have. Not sure what will happen if he retires or passes away (he's pretty old) so get it while you can.

Interesting.

I may have to make a detour next time heading home to NJ.

Any hours better than others to get a slice?

not really but i would try to stick to non-meal times. plenty of other good spots in brooklyn to check out as well if youre out there (totonos, paulie gees, robertas, lucali, l&b's). or do my personal favorite, go on a pizza tour - http://www.scottspizzatours.com/
  • dukediv2011dukediv2011 Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    I'm interested in these, but I can't find any pricing. Anyone know what to expect for 7 irons and 3 wedges?
    PXG 0811X, Gen 2, 9
    PXG 0341X, Gen 2, 15
    PXG 0317X, Gen 2, 22
    PXG 0311T, Gen 1, (6, 8, W)
    58 degree wedge (coming soon)
    Artisan 0117
  • KMo23KMo23 Members Posts: 136 ✭✭

I'm interested in these, but I can't find any pricing. Anyone know what to expect for 7 irons and 3 wedges?

Up to $450 a head for irons and $350 wedges- just heads they don’t sell shafts or grips
  • KMo23KMo23 Members Posts: 136 ✭✭
    KMo23 wrote:

Up to $450 a head for irons and $350 wedges- just heads they don’t sell shafts or grips

Some might say “Wow that’s crazy!” “no way!” We’ll, I think it’s a BARGAIN! Hand ground custom heads to whatever I want for a little more than double a normal head? No freaking brainer.
    An instagram sighting. Can hardly contain my excitement.

With the weather turning sideways in the Great White North my heart has been warmed.
    Patrick was kind enough to send a photo album. A sneak peak of a few heads. Exactly what I had dreamed of while we were discussing the project. The heads are going to be tumbled and paintfill is yet to be added, but you will get the idea. I'll wait to post the shots of all of the heads until the heads are finished or will wait until I complete the build.

• rtraudtrtraudt Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭
    Can anyone speak to or has a picture that would illustrate the difference between the brushed and tumbled finish once they’ve had some time to age? Do they just end up looking the same?
    Callaway Epic SZ 11* ACCRA TZ6 
    Callaway Epic Flash 17* Atmos Red Tour Spec 7
    TM TP UDI 21* Nunchuk Xi
    Adams MB2 Raw 4-P PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 52, 58 Nippon Modus 115
    Byron Morgan 612
    Sun Mountain 3.5/CaddyTek
    Snell MTB Red
  • oz dee ceeoz dee cee Members Posts: 474 ✭✭
    Anyone comment on the feel of these? Comparisons?

I like the mooshie buttery feel of Mizuno and alike. Where I find some a bit hard and clicky, like Miura.
    Patrick was kind enough to send a photo album. A sneak peak of a few heads. Exactly what I had dreamed of while we were discussing the project. The heads are going to be tumbled and paintfill is yet to be added, but you will get the idea. I'll wait to post the shots of all of the heads until the heads are finished or will wait until I complete the build.

You have great tastes sir!
    BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
    Lamb Crafted - Allendale
  • A_G GolfA_G Golf Members Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Beautiful irons!

Gotta ask, how much does an iron set run for? Curious as I may be interested in purchasing a set in the future!
    Driver: Ping G400 LST, Hzurdus Yellow
    3- Wood: Cobra F8+, Hzurdus Black
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, KBS Tour C-Taper X 130
    Wedges: Titiliest SM6 50* and 60*, Taylormade Spin Milled 56*
    Putter: Bettinardi BB1 (SummerLovin)
  • FireProFirePro Members Posts: 865 ✭✭

I was eyeballing those ferrules when I was trying to decide what to order, they are going to look awesome
    Cobra FlyZ+ @ 8.5 deg w/Grafalloy (White) Blue X-Stiff tipped 3/4" @ 44.75"
    Taylormade 2017 M1 set to 13 deg w/ RBZ TP Aldila RIP Alpha 70X Tipped 1" @ 42.5"
    Titleist 909 F2 (18.5deg) UST AxivCore Tour Green 95X Tipped 1.5" @ 41.5"
    Srixon Z U45 4 & 2 w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 105 X Hybrid shaft (4 @ 38.5", 2 @ 39.5")
    Srixon Z745 (5-PW) w/ KBS $-Taper X 130 Black
    Hand Crafted wedges from Kyoei Raw Forged Blanks
    52deg w/ KBS $-Taper 130X PW Shaft
    56deg w/ KBS $-Taper 130X PW Shaft
    60deg w/ KBS $-Taper 130X 8i Shaft
    Putter: Odyssey Havok
  • kaaayelllkaaayelll Members Posts: 802 ✭✭

PD, you did so many things right with these, my man. Congrats!
  • zmosnotzmosnot Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    rtraudt wrote:

Can anyone speak to or has a picture that would illustrate the difference between the brushed and tumbled finish once they’ve had some time to age? Do they just end up looking the same?

The tumbled finish will knock down most of the grain that is left after the heads are finished. More matte in appearance than lightly grained.
    FirePro wrote:

I was eyeballing those ferrules when I was trying to decide what to order, they are going to look awesome
    Mine came in[attachment

=4895318:DSC_0034.JPG]
    Taylormade 2017 M1 set to 13 deg w/ RBZ TP Aldila RIP Alpha 70X Tipped 1" @ 42.5"
    Srixon Z U45 4 & 2 w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 105 X Hybrid shaft (4 @ 38.5", 2 @ 39.5")
    FirePro wrote:

Mine came in[attachment

=4895318:DSC_0034.JPG]