Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

M3 swing weight

Mario Good Times ·  
Mario Good TimesMario Good Times Members  507WRX Points: 78Posts: 507 Golden Tee
So my buddy received his m3 today and brought it over and I put it on the swing weight scale. 44.5 driver length with the tensei white ck pro 60x and this driver came in at D0.0 wow!!! Anyone else notice how light these things are ???
Posted:

Comments

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3342WRX Points: 643Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,342 Titanium Tees
    It’s an inch short of standard length. Of course it’s light!
    Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cforseliuscforselius Members  406WRX Points: 152Posts: 406 Greens
    Oh my god..
    Posted:
  • drbonesvtdrbonesvt ClubWRX  8453WRX Points: 352Handicap: WIPPosts: 8,453 ClubWRX
    Add some Hot Melt #nectarofthegods<br />
    <br />
    Or “lead tape is your friend”
    Posted:
    SIM 8* AD TP 7tx 1.25" 
    SIM 15* ADDI 90x tipped 2"
    Titleist 2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)
    Titleist MB 620 3-PW (48* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) -1* Weak loft -2* flat 620mb specs 
    TMAG MG2 52(
    On -, @53*) SB 10* , 58(
    On -, @59*) LB 9* bounce  - Tour Issue S400 (62* Lie angle) 

Piretti Potenza Sight Dot 365g |Bettinardi BB8 Trisole bare 348g | or Toulon San Diego Sight Line  - 68* Lie angle 2* of loft 
    All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 
  • tssgj65tssgj65 Members  61WRX Points: 50Handicap: +1.5Posts: 61 Bunkers
    Ordered mine to specific weight. Supposed to ship Tuesday. Anxious to see how it weighs out.
    Posted:
  • BirdieBobBirdieBob Member of the 1 iron Club! Members  4744WRX Points: 558Posts: 4,744 Titanium Tees
    You can add another weight of about 6 grams to the tracks and that should get it close to D3.<br />
    Or change out the weights in the tracks to +6 grams.<br />
    <br />
    A club 1" shorter than standard should be expected to be at least 6 swingweights lower.
    Posted:

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3+ Wood, 13.5*, Tensei Pro Blue, 70TX
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5, 80g X
    CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 5 Wood, 18*, Accra TZ6/M5, 90g X
    CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST, 102g X
    TAYLORMADE P790, 4, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    TAYLORMADE P-7TW, 3 - P, TW Lofts, DG AMT Tour White, x100
    VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 54/10F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX
    SCOTTY CAMERON Custom BOS Torched Newport 2 Putter
    NIKE Sport Lite Carry Bag, Black
    SUN MOUNTAIN 20 Tour Series Bag, Black
    STEWART Golf X9 FOLLOW Electric Cart, Black
    GARMIN Approach Z82, GPS/Rangefinder
    GROOVEIT Wet Brush

• Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX  3588WRX Points: 163Posts: 3,588 ClubWRX
    Glad we got that mystery solved...
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Accra Tour Z RPG 462 M5+
    Taylormade M2 15* Deep Face w/ KuroKage DC XT70TX
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i w/ HZRDUS HC Black 6.5
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-PW w/ DG TI X100
    Taylormade MG2 50/54/58 w/ DG TI S400
    Taylormade Spider X Chalk White
    Nike Prodigy Staff Bag

Advertisement
  • Mario Good TimesMario Good Times Members  507WRX Points: 78Posts: 507 Golden Tee
    Sorry Bomber didn’t realize asking questions on a golf forum was a major crime these days. <br />
    <br />
    Just weight the head and it’s 197 grams. What is the best way to get a extra slider weight?
    Posted:
  • BirdieBobBirdieBob Member of the 1 iron Club! Members  4744WRX Points: 558Posts: 4,744 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    Sorry Bomber didn’t realize asking questions on a golf forum was a major crime these days. <br />
    <br />
    Just weight the head and it’s 197 grams. What is the best way to get a extra slider weight?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    First call TM CS and ask if the M1 weight will fit in the M3....if YES then<br />
    <br />
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?ul_noapp=true&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=taylormade+weights+m1&_sop=15
    Posted:

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X
    GROOVEIT Wet Brush

• trhodetrhode Fitter / Builder Members  2073WRX Points: 175Posts: 2,073 Platinum Tees
    BirdieBob wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Just weight the head and it’s 197 grams. What is the best way to get a extra slider weight?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    First call TM CS and ask if the M1 weight will fit in the M3....if YES then<br />
    <br />
    [url=&quot;https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?ul_noapp=true&amp;_from=R40&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_nkw=taylormade+weights+m1&amp;_sop=15&quot;]https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?ul_noapp=true&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=taylormade+weights+m1&_sop=15[/url]
    <br />
    <br />
    They a are totally different.
    Posted:
  • Mario Good TimesMario Good Times Members  507WRX Points: 78Posts: 507 Golden Tee
    Why can’t they just sale replacement weights like they used to. The good old days
    Posted:
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers  25593WRX Points: 1,961Posts: 25,593 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    Why can’t they just sale replacement weights like they used to. The good old days<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Interesting question but my guess would be that it's likely because the cost to set up the logistics for sales of those parts is more then they'd make by selling them.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • hobbygolferhobbygolfer Members  775WRX Points: 89Posts: 775 Golden Tee
    I assume, you measured the head without the adapter? So - 197 gr plus 6 gr adapter weight gives you a pretty normal 203 gr for the driver head. Building a 203 head to 44.5 Inch will give you a swingweight around D0 with a 60 gr shaft depending on the balance point of the shaft. So everything looks to be spot on and normal. <br />
    <br />
    If you want to make the head heavier, please always keep in mind, that extra headweight will also soften the shaft ever so slightly. 1 sw point (2 gr) will soften it by roughly 1 cpm. Nothing major, but you should know about it.<br />
    <br />
    Cheers,<br />
    Michael
    Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  31008WRX Points: 7,293Handicap: NONEPosts: 31,008 Titanium Tees
    the OP isnt wrong..they are coming out light.. i weighed one at 194g.....most M1s ive weighed will be 200G +- 2G.... and if he ordered it at 44.5 what does that have to do with what standard weight and length is ? shouldnt it be weighted to play at 44.5?
    Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Artisan   53 59 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

• awtryau89awtryau89 Hoschton, GAMembers, ClubWRX  1577WRX Points: 322Posts: 1,577 ClubWRX
    I have one completely stock and the headweight only was 197g. I added a strip of lead tape to the track down the middle. It fits perfectly in there and brought the head weight up to 201. I play mine at 44.75" or 45" depending on the shaft and it weighs D3.5 now. If you're going shorter, you may need the extra weight. The head can be hot melted easily through the port hole where the shaft is inserted.
    Posted:
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members  6087WRX Points: 450Posts: 6,087 Titanium Tees
    Sounds like some of the retail heads are as light as the tour issue heads.
    Posted:
    I would think Taylormade would make a effort when ordering a golf club in the range of $800 to get a swing weight some what normal. So you order a m3 with a up graded shaft ($200) tipped .5 and shaft cut down to 44.5 and $800 dollars later u get D0.0 and no heavier weights to order? Now I have to send the club to get hot melted $10 to ship $$50 to hot melt. One Taylormade driver later and yet to hit almost $1000 SMH ....
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3342WRX Points: 643Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,342 Titanium Tees
    awtryau89 wrote:
    <br />
    I have one completely stock and the headweight only was 197g. I added a strip of lead tape to the track down the middle. It fits perfectly in there and brought the head weight up to 201. I play mine at 44.75" or 45" depending on the shaft and it weighs D3.5 now. If you're going shorter, you may need the extra weight. The head can be hot melted easily through the port hole where the shaft is inserted.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The hotmelted port on the M3 is in the toe. M4’s are hotmelted through the the weight port hole.
    Posted:

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

• awtryau89awtryau89 Hoschton, GAMembers, ClubWRX  1577WRX Points: 322Posts: 1,577 ClubWRX
    noodle3872 wrote:
    <br />
    awtryau89 wrote:
    <br />
    I have one completely stock and the headweight only was 197g. I added a strip of lead tape to the track down the middle. It fits perfectly in there and brought the head weight up to 201. I play mine at 44.75" or 45" depending on the shaft and it weighs D3.5 now. If you're going shorter, you may need the extra weight. The head can be hot melted easily through the port hole where the shaft is inserted.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The hotmelted port on the M3 is in the toe. M4’s are hotmelted through the the weight port hole.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Depends on where you want the hotmelt. I had an M2 hotmelted in the heel and the guy used the hole at the shaft insertion point. If you take the shaft out you can clearly see the opening.
    Posted:
    Okay, now I see where you are talking.
    Posted:

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

• rchera3rchera3 WhoDatPelican Members  350WRX Points: 65Handicap: 1Posts: 350 Greens
    I received my M4 today with Hzrdus Black 65 6.5 shaft at 45 inches and it feels light also. Its 3/4 inches shorter than standard. Will putting on a MMC 4 plus grip increase the swing weight? If so by how much?
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 9* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5
    TaylorMade M6 14* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.5
    TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black HY 90 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4&5 KBS Tour C-Taper S
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 6-PW KBS Tour C-Taper S
    Mizuno T20 Raw 50-07, 54-08, 58-08 TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    TaylorMade TP Black Cooper Ardmore 3L
    TaylorMadeTP5x
  • Big BenBig Ben Members  9353WRX Points: 523Handicap: 5Posts: 9,353 Titanium Tees
    The MMC Plus 4 will decrease the swing weight depending on the weight of the stock grip.
    Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1

Advertisement
  • jll62jll62 MinneapolisClubWRX  2414WRX Points: 715Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,414 ClubWRX
    Stuart G. wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Why can’t they just sale replacement weights like they used to. The good old days<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Interesting question but my guess would be that it's likely because the cost to set up the logistics for sales of those parts is more then they'd make by selling them.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    According to a post by a TM employee on the TM Community, they will have 15g, 11g, 8g & 5g weights for sale on taylormadegolf.com eventually. But there's no immediate timetable for availability. My hunch is that there will be heavier weights available aftermarket soon, likely before the TM ones.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
    TaylorMade RSi TP, 3-4, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade P7TW 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped)
    TaylorMade MG2 52, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport 2, 33.5"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB
  • Big BenBig Ben Members  9353WRX Points: 523Handicap: 5Posts: 9,353 Titanium Tees
    I haven't ordered a TM driver in some time but can't you specify a desired weight (for me D3-D4 @ 45') based on your personal specs and shaft choosing? I would hope so...BB
    Posted:
  • rchera3rchera3 WhoDatPelican Members  350WRX Points: 65Handicap: 1Posts: 350 Greens
    I have a standard MMC grip at 46G on the shaft now and the MMC Plus 4 is 66G. So this will increase the swing weight.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 9* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5
    TaylorMade M6 14* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.5
    TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black HY 90 6.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4&5 KBS Tour C-Taper S
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 6-PW KBS Tour C-Taper S
    Mizuno T20 Raw 50-07, 54-08, 58-08 TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    TaylorMade TP Black Cooper Ardmore 3L
    TaylorMadeTP5x
    Going up grip weight decrease swing weight.. it does increase total mass weight. But going heavier on the grip decreases the end load as your adding weight to the opposite end
    Posted:
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers  25593WRX Points: 1,961Posts: 25,593 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    I would think Taylormade would make a effort when ordering a golf club in the range of $800 to get a swing weight some what normal. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Just a bit of trivia. There was a time when D1 was a normal/stock Swing weight for a driver (~44"). The jump to D4 is ONLY a result of them also pushing the playing lengths to the point where they couldn't manage the "standard" swing weights any more.<br />
    <br />
    jll62 wrote:
    <br />
    According to a post by a TM employee on the TM Community, they will have 15g, 11g, 8g & 5g weights for sale on taylormadegolf.com eventually. But there's no immediate timetable for availability. My hunch is that there will be heavier weights available aftermarket soon, likely before the TM ones.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Interesting. And I agree with your hunch and wouldn't hold my breath for the TM release.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Going up grip weight decrease swing weight.. it does increase total mass weight. But going heavier on the grip decreases the end load as your adding weight to the opposite end<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That's what the scale might say, but the true swing weight (and general concept of heft/MOI for a club) doesn't really work that way.<br />
    <br />
    For a heavier grip, it's usually best for most to ignore the change. Yes, shorter playing length might need some compensation but a heavier grip usually doesn't. There are always exceptions of course so it never hurts to play around with different head weights, I just wouldn't recommend any automatic compensations w/o testing first.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Big Ben wrote:
    <br />
    I haven't ordered a TM driver in some time but can't you specify a desired weight (for me D3-D4 @ 45') based on your personal specs and shaft choosing? I would hope so...BB<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I know they don't for irons, so I would expect the same for woods. Was told that TM does not accept SW requests!
    Posted:

GROOVEIT Wet Brush

• myspinonitmyspinonit Members  3017WRX Points: 216Posts: 3,017 Titanium Tees
    I'd certainly invest in some lead tape first testing as he goes before investing in hot melt etc. to see how much actual weight added works best.
    Posted:

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°  Alta CB 55 R

Ping G410  5 wood (at 16.5°) &  7 wood ( at 19.5°)  Alta CB 65 R

Ping G410  22° & 26° hybrids  Alta CB 70 R

Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70 A

Vokey SM6 49.07F, 54.08M, 58.08M Steelfiber i80 R

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5  34"

Ball: Q Star Tour

BirdieBob wrote:
    <br />
    Big Ben wrote:
    <br />
    I haven't ordered a TM driver in some time but can't you specify a desired weight (for me D3-D4 @ 45') based on your personal specs and shaft choosing? I would hope so...BB<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I know they don't for irons, so I would expect the same for woods. Was told that TM does not accept SW requests!<br />
    For me that's a deal breaker. BB
    Posted:

Advertisement
    So one club $800 <br />
    *But no request for swing weight <br />
    <br />
    *No offer to purchase slider weights to build your own swing weight <br />
    <br />
    And I remember when Taylormade drivers where $299 and the option to buy a weight kit was available
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.